Old 06-27-2007, 09:10 AM   #1  
Skinny Minnie in Training

S/C/G: 219/see ticker/149

Height: 5'5"

Default 70-ish to lose weekly checkin 6/25-7/1

A few of us have been talking about starting our own weekly thread for folks (any age, gender, or diet plan) who need to lose about 70 pounds. THIS IS IT! We're starting mid-week, so let's just do introductions this week, and next week, we'll do a Monday weigh-in and weekly goal setting. Sound good?

In your introduction, you might include:

Name:

SW/CW/GW & height (if not in your avatar):

Short goal/Date:

Which plan (or no plan):

Which types of exercise (if any):

Personal details (family/work life, hobbies, challenges to weight loss, etc.):

About your AHA! moment when you decided to lose 70-ish pounds:

Let's have some fun , support each other and become big, giant LOSERS!
queenjane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 09:19 AM   #2  

Name: Kristin

SW/CW/GW & height (if not in your avatar): it's in the avi

Short goal/Date: 195 by August 6th (going to a big conference)

Which plan (or no plan): calorie counting & exercise -- I love fitday & calorie king! I believe that making small changes everyday will lead to big results. I looked into Fat Smash, South Beach, Weight Watchers and others...but good ole' counting and moving seems to be the simplest method.

Which types of exercise (if any): dance dvds, walking, actual dancing

Personal details (family/work life, hobbies, challenges to weight loss, etc.): I'm a single-mother-by-choice to a very active 2-year-old boy. I work about 50 hours/week, and we travel to see my 83-year-old mother 2x/month. My hobbies right now are packing lunches, changing diapers, and doing laundry ! Seriously, I have little time for much other than the basics of life, but I do love dancing, crossword/sudoku puzzles, cooking and reading (can you say "sedentary"?) My biggest challenge is fitting in fitness -- though I'm getting some great ideas here at 3FC! Nothing is impossible!

About your AHA! moment when you decided to lose 70-ish pounds: When I weighed in at my doctor's and was darn close to my highest weight ever (when I was about to deliver a 10-pound baby!) Also, that same week my brother had double cardiac bypass, and I resolved that I have to do something to try to avoid ending up on that table in a few years!
Old 06-27-2007, 09:29 AM   #3  
Feeling better every day.

S/C/G: SW: 230 CW: 200 GW: 160ish

Name: Lisa

SW/CW/GW & height (if not in your avatar): SW: 225 CW: 213 GW: 150ish Height: 5'5"

Short goal/Date: Under 200 but my birthday (Aug 15th)

Which plan (or no plan): calorie counting & exercise. I'm mostly eating Lean Cuisine for dinner, salads for lunch and oatmeal for breakfast, low cal snacks in between.

Which types of exercise (if any): ridding my bike 30 min a day

Personal details (family/work life, hobbies, challenges to weight loss, etc.): I'm a 33 yr old who has always had issues with my weight. About 6yrs ago I was in a size 6 because I didn't have a car and was walking everywhere. But when I got a car and got comfortable in my relationship my weight fell to the wayside. I am engaged now and would love to feel beautiful on my wedding day next year. I am an auditor at a Data Management Company and unfortunately my hobbies consist of playing video games with my fiance. Not very physical lol.

About your AHA! moment when you decided to lose 70-ish pounds: When I bought a scale for the first time EVER. And weighed in at 225. I knew I had gained weight but WOW! Also, I know it will only get harder as I get older to lose the pounds and my father has Diabetes and Diabetes also runs in my mothers family so I know I am very likely to get it if I don't do something about my health now.
Piiper33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 03:12 PM   #4  
Raised by a cup of coffee

S/C/G: 220.4/162

Height: 5'8"

Name: Lori

SW/CW/GW & height (if not in your avatar): See ticker below

Short goal/Date: See other ticker below

Which plan (or no plan): Weight Watchers

Which types of exercise (if any): Walking/jogging. I used to do aikido and ice hockey, but not since I have had back and hip problems.

Personal details (family/work life, hobbies, challenges to weight loss, etc.): Married for just under 4 years. Hobbies... reading, housework (yes, I like painting and pulling weeds and all that crap haha), knitting. Challenges for me are getting in enough exercise.

About your AHA! moment when you decided to lose 70-ish pounds: The first time I went through this, my DH (then DB) said "If it bothers you that much then you have to do something about it" when I would cry and cry about my weight. I gained weight back, but I WAS NOT going to let myself get to that point again and took action on my own.
modkittn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 05:56 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 200/200/125

Height: 5'2"

Name Heather

Age 34

SW/CW/GW and height See Avitar

Which Plan not sure yet-just trying to make better choices

Which Types of Exercise-nothing yet but want to start TurboJam and walking

Personal Details I am married to a wonderful Navy man-11 years this month. I have two beautiful boys that keep me busy. I am a middle school teacher that actually loves teaching and the kids. I enjoy going to movies, hanging out on our boat or at the pool. I am a Fl. girl for sure! It makes it difficult when you are soooo overweight, and everywhere you look there are thin, fit people. I am a wanna be scrapbooker. I take the pics., but never get past that part. Mostly, I just like being with my family and friends spending time together.

AHA moment-many but not sure that any of them have done the trick yet. I know that I am extremely overweight, and I am not happy so I am trying to do something about it. I hope this site will be the help I need to get going in the right direction.
heath13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 08:19 PM   #6  
I can do it !!!!

Height: 5'6"

Name: Erin

SW/CW/GW & height (if not in your avatar):223.5/222/145 5'6"

Short goal/Date: 200 pounds / Sept 30 (yeah right)

Which plan (or no plan): Trying to count calories, which has sort of turned into that 3 hr diet. I'm sticking to about 1200 a day, and am trying to cut out soda and 2% milk. Also no more salad dressing of any kind.

Which types of exercise (if any): I love riding my bike and pulling the kids in the trailer (75lbs). I also do machines @ our Y, just haven't figured out the schedule yet.
Married 8 yrs, 2 boys ages 3 & 5. Stay at home mom now. Volunteer a LOT in the community. Challenge? Being the only fat mom every place I go. I know I'm old enough not to care, but I do hate what others must think of my weight.
About your AHA! moment when you decided to lose 70-ish pounds: Well I've known since our kids were born. I was 135 before that. Never over weight in my life until I had my kids @ 37 and 39. I was also never more than 7 mos pg! Both premature. I am bigger now than I ever was pregant.
2Bthinagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 09:24 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 245/205/175

Height: 5'11"

Name: Sherin

SW/CW/GW & height (if not in your avatar):245/218.5/175(for now) 5'11"

Short goal/Date: 205 pounds / Jul 28

Which plan (or no plan): Better eating choices, more protein, easy on the refined foods, less late night eating (going to bed earlier helps)

Which types of exercise (if any): Wt.Training 2x a wk. / Cardio 3-5x a wk.

Married 10 yrs, 8 1/2 yr old boy/girl twins & 4 yr old son. SAHM, although half my day is in the car. I love to read, scrapbook and listen to music, but somehow there aren't enough hours in the day to 'relax'.

About your AHA! moment when you decided to lose 70-ish pounds: I don't know exactly. This is my second time losing this weight and it's even harder this time. After my last child I lost all the baby weight plus ten and then for multiple reasons basically stopped exercising. I gained it all back plus more -- yikes! I think I was in shock and denial, I kept thinking I would stop gaining, but I didn't. So here I am again. Hopefully this is the last time for a very long time (think old lady).
hotmama2three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 09:26 PM   #8  
Happy New Rears!

Hi there, count me in. I have about 68 pounds to go. Lost 17 pounds since May 5 (7 weeks)

Good luck everyone!

Name: t-girl

Which plan (or no plan):
Diabetic diet, no sugar, low fat, whole wheat
daily plan: breakfast, snack, lunch, snack, dinner, snack. Tons of water

Which types of exercise (if any):
30-45 minutes of cardio daily, short walks

About your AHA! moment when you decided to lose 70-ish pounds:

May 1st, When I was told I was diabetic and I better get my a$$ in gear also, I saw a photo of myself recently and I wanted to cry.

Last edited by ThinGirl in FatBody; 06-27-2007 at 09:40 PM.
ThinGirl in FatBody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 10:05 PM   #9  
Shedding My Cocoon

S/C/G: 230.2/226.4/130

Hello everyone!

Name: Holly

Short goal/Date: Down to 190 by my birthday (12/21) so the usual pictures aren't so embarrassing!

Which plan (or no plan): Just your average calorie counting, with a healthy dose of veggies mixed in to my usual diet.

Which types of exercise (if any): DDR, 5 - 7 days per week, 50 - 75 minutes per day.

Personal details (family/work life, hobbies, challenges to weight loss, etc.): I'm one of those never-ending full-time college students that flits from job to job - outside of relationships, I've had a very hard time doing anything for the long-haul! I'm living in Tucson, AZ with my boyfriend until I (finally?!) finish college, and then we'll be moving to cooler climes where I can hopefully find a fun and rewarding job doing 2D or 3D art for a gaming or movie company.

The biggest obstacles to my weight-loss are my sedentary lifestyle, my obscenely weak will-power, and the high-fat HIGH-carb (cheap!) foods I tend to eat. While my calorie count has never been that big, I suppose the fats and carbs more than make up for the difference while spending far too much time on my rear.

About your AHA! moment when you decided to lose 70-ish pounds: I've known about how unpleasant my excess weight is since I was much younger (140-ish in middle school, an average of 160 in high school) and I've only accelerated my gain since high school graduation. When on a frightening shopping trip with the BF's parents I finally broke the barrier between size 16 and 18 pants, I knew I had to do SOMETHING. My weight has always depressed me; I think once I conquer this life-long challenge, I will be a much better person to myself and to my loved ones.

And maybe I'll allow myself to be seen in a swim-suit again!
Ethereal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 10:25 PM   #10  
I can do it !!!!

T-girl, I'm sorry about your diagnosis. I know it's a risk for all of us in this weight range. Did you have any signs? Or just go in for routine blood work/physical? I have an appt in a month and am quite nervous.
2Bthinagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 11:09 PM   #11  
Happy New Rears!

I was thirsty a lot, I kept getting bladder infections and I was ravenously hungry all the time - even after eating. I am doing much better now though, with the new way of eating, exercise and taking my meds I feel like a whole new person and and much healthier.
Old 06-27-2007, 11:57 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 200/200/125

Height: 5'2"

WOW-so glad to see so many posts already. I think this is going to be a big help for me. Unfortunately, I was in the pool with my kids, and I think I pulled a muscle in my chest. I can hardly move around-I hope it is gone by tomorrow.
T-Girl I am so jealous of your vacations! Have fun. I am only 2 hours from Orlando. LOVE IT!
I am glad to hear you are feeling better now. It does make you think-wow I could definitely be a candidate. I have got to keep in my mind the reality of my weight. I guess sometimes I am like a teenager thinking nothing will happen to me. NOT TRUE!!!
Erin-I soooo know what you mean about feeling like all other moms are fit and beautiful and sooo put together. When my youngest son was born, I was home for two years. I did the mommy group thing and had tons of friends but always was the biggest girl in the group. I don't even attend Navy functions with my husband because I know all of the "pilot wives" are thin. I am missing out and feel like I am letting down my husband. I have got to make a change DANG IT!!!
Ok-sorry just ramble sometimes.
Queen-love the weigh in on Mon. I have not really started anything as of yet so I might still be at 200, but I guess I will feel more official there and get to it. Plus, my youngest sister will be heading back home, so I won't feel like I have to devote all my time to her instead of just doing my routine things.
Ok all-excited to know you all more and give and get support.
Heather
heath13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 07:46 AM   #13  
Happy New Rears!

Quote:
Originally Posted by heath13 View Post
I don't even attend Navy functions with my husband because I know all of the "pilot wives" are thin. I am missing out and feel like I am letting down my husband. I have got to make a change DANG IT!!!
I hear you on that one. My hubby is a member at the local golf & country club, all the wives are fit and golf together, they have a lot of charity functions and social functions.. I always make an excuse not to go

Oh and get this, we were invited to a Pool Party on July 28 by one of the skinny wives 'bring your suit' she said...yeah, like a snow suit I was thinking
Old 06-28-2007, 07:50 AM   #14  
Happy New Rears!

Quote:
Originally Posted by heath13 View Post
T-Girl I am so jealous of your vacations! Have fun. I am only 2 hours from Orlando. LOVE IT!
I am going to need some support on getting through those days at Universal without blowing my diet. It's going to be hard We are staying at Portofino Bay - full of Italian food, and of course the restaurants of City Walk, lord help me
Old 06-28-2007, 01:39 PM   #15  

This is GREAT -- I'm glad to meet you Lisa, Lori, Heather, Erin, Sherin, t-girl & Holly!

Feel free to join -- or not join -- our weekly weigh-in, and start thinking of your mini goal to work on for next week...mine's going to be a fitting-in-fitness goal, I know, I just don't know what I'm going to try to accomplish yet. I'm going OUT to do ACTUAL dancing tonight (hired a sitter and the whole ball of wax)!!!