Closed Thread

Old 06-11-2007, 08:20 AM   #91  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

MADCAT~ SOMETIMES IT GET'S EASIER AS THE DAYS GO BY. BUT I FIND A GOOD CRY LETS OFF SOME OF THE SAD PARTS SO IT'S NOT SO OVERWHELMING. WE'LL BE HERE TO LISTEN. HOPE YOU HAVE A GREAT RELAXING TIME. HOLLY AND SHAD CAN CARRY YOU HOME!!

SHAD~ GOOD TO SEE YOU ARRIVED AND ARE READY FOR THE NEXT LEG OF THE JOURNEY! HAVE A GREAT TIME WITH ALL THE NORTHERN SISTERS!!

HOLLY~ALWAYS GOOD TO HAVE ON CLEAN UNDIES!! YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT CAN HAPPEN

RUTH~ HOPE HERSHEY IS WELL AND YOU HAVE A LOVELY TIM,E WITH THE GALS WHEN THEY ARRIVE!!

CARLA~ THANKS FOR THE FLUSH PLAN. I REMEMBER NOW WHY I WASN'T GOING TO DO IT. I CAN'T HAVE THE CITRUS AND THE CRANBERRY. ONE MAKES ME SICK AND ACID INDIGESTION AND THE OTHER FORCES THE BLADDER TOO MUCH. ALSO O NEED FOOD AT INTERVALS DURING THE DAY AND ESPECIALLY UPON WAKING. LOW BLOOD SUGAR. JUST HAD A WEE BOUT OF IT YESTERDAY....I HAD SKIPPED BREAKFAST. MY OTHER PLAN IS SIMILAR WITH THE PROTEIN SO I'LL GO WITH THAT ONE. HAVE FUN WHEN YOU MEET UP WITH THE GALS TOO!

NOW FOR THE USA:
HAPPY~ THE GARDEN SOUNDS SO NICE AND I AM GLAD YOU ARE GETTING A WORKOUT THERE. BANANA CHIPS? I'D RATHER HAVE THE POOLSIDE DRINK....IS THE POOL READY YET?? I'LL SIT BESIDE IT TILL IT IS
I TOO HAD NO IDEA ROSEMARY WOULD GROW LIKE THAT GOOD LUCK MONDAY WITH THE NEW JOB!

PAINTER~ I USED TO FIND ANY KIND OF ACTIVITY IN THE GARDEN VERY CATHARTIC! LIKE A GOOD EXLAX FOR THE SOUL. FOR THE LAST 2 YEARS I HAVE FOUND GOING OUT A WEE BIT DAUNTING SINCE I GOT HURT. SOMETHING TO DO WITH SHAKEN CONFIDENCE. FIND YOUR WAY "HOME" SWEET LADY

CEEJAY~ THE AUNT AND UNCLE MUST LOVE THE HELP IN THE GARDEN. WAS THINKING OF YOU A LOT RECENTLY....OUR WATER SMELLS LIKE DIRT ON AND OFF. THEY SAY IT'S FINE BUT PU!!!!!

"and the walls came a tumbling down"....THAT'S A BIT HOW I FEEL SO I AM HAVING A DO NOTHING DAY!
TOO MANY WEEKS OF WORK AND I DIDN'T REALLY DIDN'T WORK THE AIR QUALITY INTO THE EQUATION. IT'S SUMMER VACATION TIME AND I WILL TREAT IT AS SUCH LEFT A MESSAGE ON THE OFFICE ANS. MACHINE..."SEE YA MANANA AMIGAS!"
YESTERDAY WAS SUPERB. CLOUDY AND A GREAT BREEZE. SAT IN THE BACK FOR AWHILE TILL THE ELDERS CAME OUT. JEN AND I SPENT THE AFTERNOON TOGETHER QUIETLY AND RICHIE CAME LATER. IT WAS NICE. WE HAD A GOOD TALK. THEY ATE A LOT OF SAUSAGE AND RICE!!! ALL "BAD" FOODS ARE GONE NOW.
TODAY IS BACK TO ROUTINE DAY. I KNOW I WILL FEEL BETTER WHEN IT'S IN PLACE.
HAPPY MONDAY AND HAVE GREAT WEEKS EVERYONE!
Old 06-11-2007, 08:23 AM   #92  
Happy September

HELLO MISS HAPPY!!! GOOD LUCK AND HAPPY SORTING!!
SHOULD HAVE KNOWN YOU WERE THERE BESIDE ME TYPING AWAY!!
Old 06-11-2007, 10:08 AM   #93  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madcat View Post
Came home and was just overwhelmingly sad. I have to learn how to let some of this go. Going out to play today will help. That and maybe a few drinks!
Have I missed something? Is there a particular situation that's making you sad? I've been way sadder than usual (as I emerge from my weight denial)... and have cried lots, off and on. Read a book called Unattended Sorrow that is VERY sympathetic and much more merciful than my usual (but not normal) thoughts. But I definitely need to have a box of tissues at hand when I read it.
Mel: I know what you mean about shrinking one's world when there's been an "incident" that bruises confidence or feeds fear. I don't like that and it is SO hard to push back.
Happy visits between y'all. I'm off to the therapist. She hasn't "fixed me" yet. Now I understand how some of MY clients feel when they don't get what THEY need. Feh.
At least it is sunny.
Old 06-11-2007, 03:45 PM   #94  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Mel--Not sure where you get the water from--ground or surface. If it's surface water the resivors maybe expericing a turn over. Everything flip flops. It's common in the fall and spring.

Madcat--Hope you are feeling better with Shad and Holly at your side.

Hello to the rest. I just am not in the "diet mode" right now. Had an interesting phone call this morning fromone of the girls at the light office.
She asked me If I'd be interested in dating the Mayor's wifes father. I almost laughed in her face, but politely said no. I'm not the one to mingle in high society crowds. He's only 61 which is not a bad age for me but if (this is a lis a big thought)if and a BIG IF things were to get serious and there was marriage I'd become the Mayor's mother in law. NO NO NO NO. I'm not a fool.
Just thought I would throw in a good laugh.
Old 06-11-2007, 10:20 PM   #95  

Just a quick hello, since today was a work day and I'm feeling rather tired. I really, really, must retire...
Yesterday I finally got the bike tires inflated and went for an easy ride - about 20k, all on flat bike paths. I'll be resting up the next few days in honour of Shad's impending descent on the nation's capital... I also had a phone fest - chatted with Mel and Shad for the first time, and caught up with Ruth. Another fine example of Shad bringing Joy to the colonies.

Madcat, I hope you had (are still having?) a good day with Holly and Shad today, and that it softened a little of the sadness. You'll always be glad for the time you spend now with your friend, even though it's hard.

Holly, was Toronto as you remembered it? Or better? I'll bet it made you long for your quiet country life. We'll be expecting a full report on: a) whether Shad and Mad behaved, and b) whether Shad's accent was incomprehensible... Enquiring minds want to know.

Ceejay, you silly goose - accept the date already! Especially since you're in no mood to diet, now's the time to be taken out for a nice fancy dinner. And if it led somewhere, you could order the Mayor around! The dream of every tax-paying citizen.

Shad, if you should read this, I'll be at work all day tomorrow but will call in the evening to check on plans for later this week. But I've already vacuumed and dusted your room, brought up the inflatable bed, and spent hours training the cats to leap from a ledge right onto where your pillow will be.

Mel, maybe if Ceejay doesn't want the date you could fill in - you're used to ordering mayors around...
Is your AOL working normally now, or is it still slow?
Enjoy your time 'hiding out' before you get back to full speed.

No sign of Happy today - she must still be at the new office, trying to fit all that stuff into the new space. Time for a quick dose of Flylady, maybe?

to all, especially the missing chicks. I hope all is well with those who have gone awol.
Old 06-11-2007, 10:39 PM   #96  

Well, dang! There I was in the middle of another short post when my router did that fun thing and had to be unplugged and restarted. Methinks there's a gremlin loose in the land - first Mel's AOL, and then my router... what next?

Anyway, I was busy apologizing to Happy, who I accused of not posting today. So sorry, I checked back and saw you had visited us this morning, and I think your little egg was in fact lit as I was posting.
Old 06-12-2007, 12:02 AM   #97  

I'm home from a perfectly dreamy and devine day with Miss Shad and Miss Mad and Mr Mad for dinner. Yippee!!!!!!!!
Old 06-12-2007, 12:19 AM   #98  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceejay52 View Post
but if (this is a lis a big thought)if and a BIG IF things were to get serious and there was marriage I'd become the Mayor's mother in law.
CeeJay--
You misunderestimate the power of mother-in-laws!! You could be running the whole town rather than just the water plant! I'm with Carla: GO for it. (And then tell us.)

Madcat-- Mel let me know about the challenges/illness with, I believe, your sister and a dear friend. I don't know of anything harder than being with someone that you can't "fix" or help. Most of us underestimate how much it means to "be with." "Be with" and love your friends. As one who had some lousy days during chemo and radiation, people who listened, joined me in distractions (knitting, movies, conversation) meant the world to me. And as a therapist, I am sure that those same people took their tears and fears to others who could support them. There's a sort of "pay-it-forward" aspect to it. Anne Morrow Lindberg said something like you can never return friendship IN KIND....you can only pass it on to others as appropriate.

Carla: Go you for the 10k bike ride! Sounds fun. I remember when I had leg muscles, a tough behind AND a sense of balance. Hmmm. Maybe I need one of those granny tricycles.
Best to all
Old 06-12-2007, 07:21 AM   #99  
Happy September

CEEJAY~THAT EXPLAINS A LOT ABOUT THE TASTE. THANKS. THINK I'LL STICK TO THE BOTTLED WATER
GO FOR THE DATE!!! YOU COULD BE PUSHING MAYORS AROUND TOO!!IF HE WASN'T MARRIED I'D DATE MINE!

CARLA~ HAVE A GOOD WALK/REST....HOWEVER YOU CHOOSE! LOL IT WAS GOOD TO CHAT TOO!
ENJOY THE JOYOUS TIME TOGETHER!

PAINTER~I LIKE THE PAY IT FORWARD STUFF. TOO BAD THE WHOLE WORLD DOESN'T DO IT! LOL

WOKE UP TODAY WITH MY EYES GLUED SHUT. VERY BLURRY VISION. TOO MUCH RICH FOOD, GARLIC, VINEGAR, HOT SAUSAGES AND SPICES.
I REALLY THOUGHT A FEW DAYS WOULDN'T HURT.
TOOK PILLS AND DROPS AND GOING TO LIE DOWN.
THOUGHT I BETTER TELL YOU JUST IN CASE I VANISH FOR A FEW DAYS.....JEN IS NOT HERE RIGHT NOW TO READ AND TYPE. THEY ARE FINALLY REUNITED WITH THE KIDS AND OUR OFFICIAL SUMMER HAS BEGUN
SENDING MANY GOOD WISHES TO THE NORTHERN HALF FOR A GREAT VISIT. I SHALL RETURN!
HAPPY TUESDAY

PS~ CARLA IT WAS THE COMPUTER ITSELF. I FIXED AOL AND THAT DIDN'T WORK SO I WENT INTO THE PC AND ASKED IT TO RESTORE ITSELF TO A PREVIOUS DATE. I CHOSE JUNE 1ST BECAUSE I KNEW IT WAS WORKING OK THAT WEEK. IT TOOK FOREVER TO GET THAT SCREEN UP BUT ONCE I GAVE THE ORDER ALL WAS WELL AFTER THE RESTORE. I AM JUST GLAD IT WORKED!
Old 06-12-2007, 07:28 AM   #100  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Mel, get off the computer and go lay down! Hope you feel better later on
Old 06-12-2007, 08:07 AM   #101  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Morning chicks,

Sounds like the girls had fun up in Canada. Is this the part where Ruth captures Shad or does that come later? Can't remember...

Rest up Mel. Sounds like it's better if you stick with your routines. When you venture over the line, you always seem to pay for it. Pain in the butt but sometimes you just have to deal with what works best for you. Feel better soon my east coast friend

Painter, I totally agree with the pay it forward approach. We'd all be better off if we practiced it. So did you get some walking in yesterday? I thought of you and took a brisk(er) lap around the building. Let's all motivate each other.

Sounds like you had a well deserved girls day out Holly. Glad you had fun.

Carla - no kidding about needing Flylady at the office. Good for you for getting the bike out on the trail. I hold you in high esteem! You and Shad would kickith my buttith -

Ceejay - I agree with the lot - could be worse things than being the Mayor MIL. Go for it. Life is too short for regrets!

Madcat because it sounds like you need one. Maybe another too You are a good friend and all though your friend's situation makes you sad, thank goodness you are there to look after her. That's what life's all about - not complaining and whining and wishing for and against all sorts of things that don't really matter - but instead it's helping each other through life, as best we can. Hope you had some fun yesterday. I see you dragged your DH into it too. Poor DH's - they just go along with us - my frenz is yur frenz, eh?

First day on the new job was uneventful. Have 2 more boxes of stuff than places to put them so it's time to pitch. They are mixing some stuff up on the job over the next few months - would be a good time to get solidly into things and make some observations and suggestions for improvement so I will no doubt be busy. A good transition to let go of the old baggage. I walked the building yesterday. It's a good hike to everything - bathroom, coffee station, refrigerator. Do I REALLY want to go to the bathroom? At least I'm getting in more exercise - never a bad thing. Brought the pedometer with me, now have to make and meet step goals each day. Today starts in depth assemble those monthly reports so the honeymoon is over. Time to get on with the day.

Where are you off to today Shad? This holiday is really flying by quickly it seems even though you still have lots to enjoy.

Hellos to Meadow, Ruth and Shad. I gotta run now...
Old 06-12-2007, 08:54 AM   #102  
Smackin' into a Wall

Quickie update on the passage of the Shad package. I don’t know about Shad and Holly but I certainly had a fun time yesterday. Met with Shad at her hotel and she recognized me before I recognized her. Of course, I was looking for someone in red and black and she snuck in a more pastel wardrobe on me After a bit of a walk and a brief stop for some liquid, Shad and I met up with Holly at the (somewhat) lovely TO bus station. Then it was off on the whirlwind walking/ taxi tour of Toronto. We had lunch in China town (everything on top of noodles) and then giggled our way through Kensington Market. If anyone is ion the market for an outfit that looks as if it was owned by MC Hammer, chicks, we can tell you where to find it! We even persuaded Shad to dress up in a chicken suit just for Mel’s benefit (and we have the photos to prove it). Ended up the afternoon out in The Beaches where we enjoyed the water and the boardwalk (swearing at an annoying gnat of a jet-skier). Bit of a wander through some shops, and yes, Holly did buy Shad some maple syrup and some maple sugar candy. We’ll have to see how she likes that! Day ended off at the waterfront where, once my DH joined us, we sat on a patio and ate Italian food. Then it was a quick trip back to the bus station where I sacrificed a thumbnail to ensure Holly a safe journey, a side trip to Tim Horton’s for a coffee for Shad and I, and then called it a night. Shad’s comment on Tim’s was” Well, it’s coffee… sort of like McDonald’s” Pretty much. It was a good day but it went by far too fast. I believe Shad is off to climb the CN tower and shop her way through the Eaton’s Centre today. I hope she has a good time.

I'll be back later. I have work to do.
Old 06-12-2007, 09:03 AM   #103  

Having a 2nd java and trying to pry my eyes open. I am almost sure the kids are fed , dressed and launched to school.

I had a spectacular day in Toronto.Everything was just perfect. Shad and Mad and I had great convo. We walked a LOT. Ate some delish food. It was just peachy.It was a delight to visit many favourite old haunts and share them with Shad.
I am all excited about taking my kids to the Big Smoke this summer!!!!

I have sore-ish feet and I didn't get quite enough sleep but the day goes on. I am torn between gardening and housework. It is a disaster in here.
I have a few calls I need to make around 9am. Thinking i will head out before it gets too hot. Shower, do housework and Avon. DS has dentist and we have an appt at the bank to sign our lives away.

Many hugs. What a joyous group we are.
Old 06-12-2007, 09:59 AM   #104  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Morning all,
I've breakfasted (eggs Natasha and OJ) and am now enjoying a cup of Irish Cream coffee in the Internet cafe - it's very nice too - the coffe that is.

What have I done in the 3 cities?? (Which 3 cities you may well ask - TO, Tranna and Toronto) well ummmm lemme see.
First I got off a very nearly empty plane, then walked up 34 steps to the baggage claim only to find that if you are not interconnecting you have to walk down 34 different steps to get the luggage - strike one for the Canadians. They are going to ensure you get your exercise before you get your luggage. My luggage was 2nd off the carousel - who said they are slow in Pearson? and I took it through customs - Kiwi huh? Keep going and see that office over there. Kept going, saw that officer who said, what food ya got? Cranberries said I. Keep going he says, I'm hungry. I kept going, found someone who wanted to hustle me into a cab until I told him I was taking a bus but would willing go with him if he took bus vouchers. Not interested???
The bus driver spoke English with a really, really, really thick accent and took my voucher and then said he wasn't going to Day's Inn (Daze Inn) but would drop me at the Delta Shelter (later I found he actually said Delta Chelsea) and the Days was 2 blocks up. Eventually I found it and have a room on the 20th floor which gives me a great view of the apartment block next door!
The gym in the hotel is a bit strange - as in few of the equipment actually work, but if you don't wish to know how fast you are going, how many calories you are burning and how long you've been there it's okay. Had a swim in the pool as well.
I've spoken to Carla who managed to pick up on the salient facts and in fact seemed to understand me quite well. Madcat and Holly didn't seem to have much difficulty either, so I must be speaking some form of English I guess.

The day with Madcat and Holly was fun. I can now add - I've paddled in the lake and survived - to my CV. You should have seen Madcat's sign - chicks and a big CLUCK written on it - but it did the trick - Holly managed to recognise us (from behind) and we have walked the streets of Toronto and the Beaches. Holly bought me some Maple Syrup - I think I may have to have Pancakes for Breakfast Ruth.
Spoke to the man from Brampton last night or rather he spoke to me and I said uh huh several times and we have arranged to have lunch on 13th. So maybe I can make Kingston in the afternoon of the 13th. Carla/ Ruth you might like to ring me tonight please. Provided I don't meet up with any eligible mayors or otherwise I'll be in around 8.30 or 9.00pm

Happy - I didn't consider Graceland as a museum. More a snapshot of time and taste although those truly horrible souvenirs were a joy to behold. Wouldn't have missed it for the world. I was describing the visit to Madcat and TB (nice man - he even laughed at our jokes) and Holly. It was easy until we got to the gates firescreen and the Christmas tree ornament. Then I couldn't stop laughing. I still can't work out whether those gates or the Queen Mothers gates in Hyde Park are the most hideous. What I do know is that I have never seen the QM's gates as a firescreen!!!

Mel - rest up and use the butterfly to give the eyes some rest. Bet you forgot all about that big blue butterfly didn't you?? Thank you for a lovely visit. All too short but that's life. Thank Ritchie and Jen for me too! They were great.

Okay, coffee is gone and I have better go get ready for another marathon walking day. I have lot's to see and do

Sorry I haven't managed to answer all the posts. Don't dare go out of this screen again. Already lost the connection once.

See you (should I survive the Toronto sunshine and traffic) later.
Old 06-12-2007, 10:41 AM   #105  

Hiya Shad!!

It really was a perfect day in TO. I am all jazzed up from it. I must undeniably state that Shad and Madcat are as devine, funny, clever and fun IRL as online.

HUGS!!( cluck)
Closed Thread