3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   The Race to 199! Join Us Part 2 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/113154-race-199-join-us-part-2-a.html)

annie175 05-21-2007 08:25 AM

The Race to 199! Join Us Part 2

Hello All..........

We have to start a new thread for our race to 199....

Please post here now.

Hugs

Annie

MyChoice2bfit 05-27-2007 05:41 PM

Hi Annie,

I haven't been to the boards in quite a while. Have you seen any of the other gals around?

I came back because as you can imagine I have made no progess in my weight loss effort. What did I expect? I wasn't putting anything into it.

I will say, to my defense, I had a lot going on with loosing my job, finding a new one and all the stress of that, but you know...life is always going to be something happening.

I'm right back at my beginning. Ready to race again.

Hopefully the board will be busy as it once ones. I think a lot are over at the Chicks racing board---I'll be visiting there too.

It's nice to see this thread...I hope to see more of us here soon.

How are you doing Annie with your weight loss?

Debbie 05-29-2007 02:03 PM

Hey friends,
I'm still here...Just maintaining.
This will be short, I'm at work and only have a couple of more minutes at lunch. Just wanted to let ya'll know. I miss ya'll and look in more than i post..

Gotta go...:grouphug:

Hollyhock 05-29-2007 02:37 PM

HI ,I am here too. Will try and post later.

Hollyhock 05-30-2007 09:46 AM

Good Morning!!!

It is going up to 30C here today. Hot! Lots of pollen here too. Achooooo!!

I have work at noon. I want to get the main floor of the house company ready. Just once. Just for me. it is 3/4 of the way there.

My older cat Rainbow is still hiding. Has been since Sat night. She like to be in the bahttub,curtain pulled. I can pick her up and cuddle. I have checked her all over for physical stuff. Nothing. I carry her down to use the little box and see if she will eat and then she scurries right back up to the tub.We are onto day 4. She has not eaten much.

We received our bill for the sewers they put in. It is ONLY $16,000.00 per household. Then you are responsible for getting a permit and hooking up to your home , by a deadline for an additional $3000.00+ and then you need another permit to crush your septic tank and $1000.00 + to hire that work done also by a deadline. They have given us til Dec 2007 to come up with the money and pay in full. There is minimal financing availabe from the township for a lovely additional $8000.00 interest. They think we should be quite pleased with this. Now that millionaire developer can put a subdivision in that no one around here wants and make another million bucks. There is NO benefit to us in this at all.
The township has also not repaired ANY of the damage done to our yard more than a year ago.

Life is never dull here. weeeheeeeee!!!! And this is just today. Yesterday was interesting. I am quite happy. Not so sure about everyone else who lives here. May be allergies. Hubby applied for a potentiallly GREAT job. He has a fab referral from a friend of mine.

annie175 06-05-2007 08:57 AM

Good Morning All.

Things are going well. I am down 83 pounds, with about 50 or so to go.

I am curious Holly...what is going on with Rainbow? What a strange attitude for her.

Susie, how ya doing, are you getting control of your life once again? You have had plenty of changes lately.

I am getting very excited. I finally close on my new house this Friday, then move on Saturday. I am too excited about it because my stomach hurts. haha.

It will be a very busy week. Close Friday, Move Saturday, clean rental on Sunday, DD surgery on Monday, DS surgery on Tuesday. Sheesh.

Hope all is going well for everyone. Stay focused on you. You matter most, you cannot help others unless you are great.

Hugs to all

Annie

Hollyhock 06-05-2007 10:00 AM

Rainbow has continued to hide. I take her to the litter box and food dish twice a day and she uses it and eats. We are still just watching her. Last night she came downstairs on her own in the evening and wandered around. I dont see anything physically or medically wrong. She just seems scared.

Good for you Annie!!!! What are the kids having done??

A funny then my journal...

One evening, Jenny arrived home from work to find the children bathed, one load of laundry in the washer and another in the dryer. Dinner was on the stove, and the table was set. She was astonished!

It turns out that Ralph had read an article that said wives who work full time and had to do their own housework were too tired to have sex.

The night went well, and the next day she told her office friends all about it. “We had a great dinner. Ralph even cleaned up. He helped the kids do their homework, folded all the laundry, and put it away. I really enjoyed the evening.”

But what about afterward?” asked her friends.

Oh, that. . . . Ralph was too tired.”

Just home from a 30 min walk!!!!!
We had a good school council meeting last night. I am going to Home and school tonight.
We have a Fun Fair on Thurs and then soccer right after.

I am feeling really calm within myself and quite content. Better than i have felt since last October. The kids are good. Not perfect. we still have our issues. Hubby seems unhappy but is not very crusty. He is being indifferent towards me unless he wants sex.
He wakes me every morning before he leaves ;just stands beside me at 6am and starts talking. Telling me about the weather or the hockey scores......I am dead asleep.Today when he was done I sleepily said , I love you. He grunted. I said you could tell me you love me too, ya know, you just might never see me again. He said it wouldn’t matter because he would be dead. I replied maybe it would be me that dies and you would be left all alone with our kids and home etc. He looked completely puzzled that I might not be here some day and wandered off.

A Mom of 5 kids , age 47, was killed by a drunk teenager last week, a few side roads over.

He takes so much for granted.

It doesn’t feel like i was busy enough yesterday but i know i did a lot. Kids are launched to school. It is cold and windy and rainy today. I enjoy this weather.

Much to do today…
-walk
-laundry
-kitchen/DW
-shower
-enter Avon
-call customers
-deliver 1 order
-go to bank
-home and school meeting tonight

Canadian Idol is on at 8pm Eastern time tonight!!!! YIPPEE!!!
They do use instruments for the tryouts!!!

annie175 06-28-2007 09:26 AM

Hey Holly,

Sam had some female surgery, and is doing well. We won't know if they got all the pre-cancerous cells till her next pap in a couple of months.

Jake had the screws taken out of his index finger from when he broke it last year. He is doing terrific. He start his plumbing job last week and loves it. Hope he makes it.

Tummy is a bit soft today and running to the bathroom. Yikes.

My new house is just great and I love living there.

How is everyone else doing?

Hugs

Anne

Hollyhock 06-30-2007 07:20 PM

Good to see you Annie. Gald everyone is on the mend.

I am okay-ish. Came down with a terrible cold and the last week of school was busy for my kids and me for prom hair dos and grade 8 grad hair dos. I am doing hair for a wedding tomorrow on Canada Day too.
I made a naughty dessert for my Dad's 65th bday tomorrow. We had a funeral visitation this aft. Otherwise I did housework. I am feeling quite wonky. Rented Eragon to watch with the kids in a few min.
After church hubby and kids are going to the lake. I will head up after. Big dinner for Dad and then fireworks. Kids and I are tenting out back for the night.
My sis invited me to drink wine and go skinny dipping. I replied that I haven't been able to skinny dip in about 10 years but would be happy to go fatty dipping.

HUGS!!!

Debbie 07-01-2007 06:53 PM

Hi guy's,
I'm glad to see everyone is hanging in there.
I'm still on a 5 lb rollercoaster as far as my weight goes. I even giving Alli a try. No side effects but no real results. I can't get my act together but whats new...

Annie: You ROCK...I bet you are feeling great. Glad the kiddo are doing well.
Prayers for Sam..:hug:

Holly: Busy as always. It makes me tired just reading your post...LOL

I had trouble finding this thread. I thought they had closed it thinking we had deserted it.
I need all your support. I still go to ww but I haven't been following the plan.
I keep going hoping for inspiration.

Later, not months!!

Debbie 07-04-2007 10:33 AM

Happy 4th

Hey guys,
I talked to my WW leader last night after yet another disappointing trip to the scale. She want me to try boot camp. Go 4 pts over 1 day and 4 pts under the next. To kick start my body metabolism. Ok, the 4 over is easy... but! We'll see tomorrow...lol. I picked today for the over.
I haven't exercised in a month. One co-worker quit on a friday, Then the other failed a drug test that tuesday. So I've been so tired when I get off I can't drag my butt to the gym.
They are trying to fill the job but it's been nearly 3 weeks andd not 1 serious applicant.

The family is all the same. Dh is still trying to get me to go to work where he works It's almost twice what I make now. It's nights and I'm not sure I want to do that. I told him after I get my vacations we will talk about it.

Hope everyone is well...Susie where are you??

:grouphug:

annie175 07-05-2007 08:07 AM

Hello Girls.........

Deb..I did that kick start thing when I did WW. It worked great. Stick with it, you can do it. I have faith in you.

Holly...How's the hair business? You sound like an awesome hairdresser.

What a wonderful 4th. My momma and pa came over and spent the entire day. Noon to 7. Very good for them as their health nearly always prohibits them from visiting or celebrating any occasion unless at their house. They love my new house. My brother and wife came over too. I fixed butt chicken on the grill. Quite yum. Bro and wife brought patio furniture for a house warming gift, very very nice. Got all teary eyed over it.

Weight is still coming off quite nicely. I was up with the runs all night, but am feeling a bit better now, only have a splitting headache. I am only 4 lbs to 100 lbs off. Very exciting.

Samantha (DD) is still looking for a job that she can walk to as she does not have a car at the moment.

DS is doing great at his job and training as a plumber.

Hope everyone is have a great on-plan day.

Hugs

Annie

Hollyhock 07-06-2007 09:57 AM

My life is never dull. For the first time in their lives my kids have a sitter here while I am at work for the summer. The first couple of days were not good. She talked on the phone for 4 hours straight and ignored my kids and hence my kids were brats trying to get her attention. Anyhow, her mom had lots to says to me about my kids yesterday morning. I decided to give it another day.
Well, a phone call can change anything.
My babysitter's mom called here raging at me about all kinds of weird and awful stuff. I hung up on her. I called the dad, who is my friend, to clarify what is going on.
I am relieved it is over, to be honest, but the personal attacks about my innocent children and myself are beyond hurtful. This woman is so volatile and abusive. The dad kept apologizing because he and I arranged for his daughter to babysit. He did not anticipate the mom's behaviour( even tho she is known for it) in this situation.Nor did he anticipate his daughters immaturity with all this.
I couldn't stop crying. It is awful to have your home and children and your entire existance attacked and trashed.

So, I was supposed to be at work in 30 min and I had no sitter. I called my boss and will try and find someone in the next hour and go in. I have lots of resources and friends that will help.

I have made several calls to possible sitters. My after school sitter is going to take the kids 12-5 every Wed. I am waiting for call back from 3 different highschool kids for Thurs' and Fri's.

What nonsence.

Food has been better for me. Exercise not happening in a planned and controlled way.

justjodi 07-14-2007 11:34 AM

hi chicks!!
i'm afraid i started racing in the wrong direction! unfortunately that makes me right back at 250 and working my way back down again. nice to see a few familliar faces in here. i need to get back into the habit of posting and checking in. nice to see you all
jodi

Debbie 07-14-2007 08:44 PM

Hey everyone,
My most recent effort to get my rear in gear has failed. I really know the problem but I guess it is also just yet another excuse. I've worked for this company of a total of 13 1/2 years. 1 co worker quit on a friday the 1 got fired that next tuesday leaving just ME. For 3 weeks now. You can't tell me they haven't had anyone apply. They are just seeing how much I can do.
My husband can get me on where he works for twice the money, but its from 6pm to 6am. I'm not sure I could hold up to those long hours for long.
Maybe they get someone soon or I just throw up my hands and give a notice.

Jodi: :hug: Good to hear from you. We haven't been too active on this thread lately but we have never gave it up... We just keep on keeping on...lol

Later :grouphug: