21 Days to Beat a Rut ... How it went

• Since I've found daily and/or meal planning threads and so on very encouraging let's try this. 21 days. Set you own parameters. I'm not even setting a goal. I just need to kick things up a bit. Stir up some enthusiasm.

There's no good reason for me to have an off plan day in 3 measly weeks. Is there?
    Here's my general plan ...1400 cals of superfoods with 150 gms of protein (on average), some jogging in each daily walk and a four day weight lifting split with heavier weights.

Anybody in? It's only three weeks. Who knows what kind of new habits we can form!

And it doesn't matter if you're a day or 2 or 7 behind just find the thread for day 21
    http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=111258
    and begin. There will always be a link to the next day, so that you can progress along with everyone else.
  • Hmmm fitday is not very good at three weeks at a time. That's a lot of math for me at 6 am!

My average calories was much closer to 1600 than 1400 cals.
    My average protein was only about 116 gms.
    And I'd be very surprised to find that I'd had 6 Superfoods most days.

I only walked about 5 days per week. But I did get thru a 4 day lifting split 3 times for which I used weights every time (not just body weight).

My waist measurement is down around a half inch. I can't find my calipers to check that fat roll. And I'll weigh myself at work. (LOST 3 LBS!!)

It certainly kept me more mindful to know that I'd be checking in here each day. Especially exercise wise. I'm pretty sure I practiced more restraint in eating situations too ... knowing that it would effect my averages over the course of the challenge.
    I never did 'ditch the whole thing' just because I'd veered of a bit.

All in all, I'm glad I did it.
  • I learned that I need to be a little more focused and consistent.

The exercise I planned to do was put on hold because my exercise buddies are both on vacation. A simple "plan B" would have been a good idea.

The water went fine, though I notice I tend to get my water requirements in when I'm "on plan" and the days that I throw everything out the window I tend to not drink my water either.
  • It went well for me. I did not journal my food every day like I should have. But I have lost some weight and am working out 6 days a week. Have done this for three full weeks. Will keep on going. Thanks for the thread!!!