Old 05-31-2007, 05:04 PM   #106  

Kiwi, you snuck in whilst I was on my ...hhheeeeeee
.. I have the same problem.. everyone can sit outside, or do stuff... and nary a bite
not me, them black flies, chiggers, skeeters, noseeums eat meup alive!!!!!! I wear Deep Woods, natural scent, or Avon crap to ward the off.
Schatzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 05:35 PM   #107  
fatter than U

Yessiree, I've heard that Avon Skin-So-Soft is the best insect repellent. I don't get bitten much but dh and ds11 sure do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwonk
Was it fun getting hot air blown into your ear?
Yup, right up there with Giving Birth. The do it to irritate the nerve responsible for balance. And boy, does it get irritated - you get so dizzy you think you're going to fall right off the chair.
SugP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 06:26 PM   #108  
loves kleenex box art

Pay attention: This is my medical discovery. I have not-a-pain but a discomfort sometimes in my upper left abdomen and I know there's a diverticulicity thing there. This is my discovery: PAY ATTENTION ... YOU MAY NEED TO KNOW THIS!!! If I put something .. a penciil, a pen cap, a stick of pack of gum under the left bosom and let it sit there all held in place by flappy booby ... the discomfort is ALL GONE. It's like the what-would-Bagz-call-it is whispering mean things to the abdomen and needs to be separated.

Are you astounded? Sugar, feel free to discuss this with your doctor while he's blowing in your ear with your head hanging off a chair and making you walk half-naked across the room to the table.

My hairdresser did not call me back. I spoke to her yesterday and she said she'd call back and didn't and I'm through with her. But she was good and cheap and near. What to do.
Cowpernia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 06:59 PM   #109  

I wasn't gonna say nuthin Sug... been there, done that...taint fun- I know exactly what you are dealing with.
Old 05-31-2007, 07:02 PM   #110  

I say give her another chance peach... and when she comes, pre-tease your hair and hide pen caps, nubby pencillettes, and as a cracker jack prize stick a wad of teaberry gum behind yer ear.
Old 05-31-2007, 08:55 PM   #111  
Member w/ messiest house

Default Oh My Gawddd!!!

You guys are killing me I think you've hit on a critical new scientific discovery, CowPeach!! You should contact the CDC or the AMA or JAMA and chronicle your findings! If I have thingamabob discomfort in the whosits quadrant I will rush to find a whatsis to put between the whichicle and phnopsicus. Have you tried a cat?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SugP View Post
The do it to irritate the nerve responsible for balance. And boy, does it get irritated - you get so dizzy you think you're going to fall right off the chair.
Lord, it sounds like I'd be puking all over the place. I hope it goes away soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schatzi View Post
Why do men do this???
Because they are babies, of course. I make DH do all the insurance stuff. That way, when he has medical issues, he is the one who knows all about it and I don't have to do it

Guess what?!? DD got a JOB!!!!!!!!!!! The place she dropped by on a whim yesterday called back and wants her to come in and train tomorrow. It sounds like she might be on the front desk and also housekeeping, plus occasional serving at special events. It's a restaurant/inn with cabins that caters to the rafters in the summer, and it's right on the lake, so it will be a very pleasant place to work. I wouldn't be too surprised to see her entertaining at some point there; they often have live entertainment on weekends. Yay I'm so glad!!!

Whooie, looks like their website could use some proofreading...

I made lovely homemade chicken nuggets for dinner -- not fried, baked. Of course I did dip them in butter first and bread crumbs, but still I don't think they're too bad for you, may 100 or 150 more calories per person than chicken alone. And we have leftovers (uhoh).

Later chickies
Kiwi
Kiwonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 09:02 PM   #112  
Member w/ messiest house

By the way, check out the virtual tour on that website, it's cool. The living room used to be totally cluttered with (real) stuffed animals and birds; looks like they cleaned it up a bit. In the corner by the front desk counter, they used to have a children's corner with a trunk of toys and dressup things, racks of books etc. We've been going up there once or twice a year since I moved here. We'll be going a whole lot more this summer.
Old 05-31-2007, 09:21 PM   #113  
loves kleenex box art

That place is BEAUTIFULLLLL. Don't go messing with the wordsies. It's part of the woodsy charm. Loose Moose and all that .... I want to go there. I wonder if DS will find a job when he comes home. They'll be all et up, won't they? But he NEEDS one to pay car insurance. You're so lucky to have a kid who is not only close enough to visit at work but who is working at such a cute place!!

Did y'all see the Pirate Show? The scientist/exotic dancer who tried to act like Johnny Depp but who figured out things others didn't and saved the team but had a really bad attitude, got set adrift. I was so disappointed. We need more scientist/exotic dancers I say.
Old 05-31-2007, 10:23 PM   #114  
Member w/ messiest house

I was going to watch that Pirate thing but I forgot all about it. I got caught up in watching virtual tours of all the Big Moose cabins. I think I should just move up there to one of those cabins. You know, just in case DD needs me or something....

Yeah, I imagine DS might be out of luck with a local job if he hasn't already talked to anyone. When does he get home? Are you invited to the weekend in Puerta Vallerta?

Kiwi, dreamer
Old 05-31-2007, 10:40 PM   #115  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

man i am missing so much around here--i really have enjoyed the health discussions---i now feel as old as i look so it's time to start talking about my ailments----i want to try the saggy can trick--do you think it will help me get rid of heartburn??? i heard the prevacid i take will eventually give me broken hips someday--hopefully i will get mine early to beat all of you to the hip replacement shop. I think it was broken hips,maybe it was a heart attack.oh well,them's the breaks!==== my gadssss sugar---that sounds like a witch doctor treatment for the dizzyness----at least you kept yer clothes on!!!! and as far as husbands that CLEAN go shatz----that is an unheard of character in these parts!!!! he is great in so many ways i have learned to not care about it cause he doesn't care if i bother cleaning!!!!!congrats kiwonkers on dd's job!!! that looks like a gorgeous place to hang out--much nicer than a stupid grocery store=-=i worked at one and it can be very irritating---ask peachbat!!! stupid customers====MY YANKEES ARE COMING ON TOOSEDAY--I AM SO HAPPY!!! they are going to be all mad cause our dollar is really strong and they hate that---they want everything at fifty percent off with no tax==i tell them they need to pay tax so i can spend my holiday in the hospital for free====just kidding--i really like the 'mericans---they are always very appreciative of all the hospitality our town is known for=---we have nothing else to do but be nice cause there aren't too many of us-----sort of the dogpatch of the REALLY far NORTH!!!===i have been very busy--my nephew is getting married on the weekend and we are all atwitter!!!====he is sweet and the first grandchild to get married----i miss you guys so don't forget about me--i will be BACK {arnold swartsxnas;fln'faas egger was in canada this week and he said that 'i will be BACK!!!' xoxoxox
Bagzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 10:42 PM   #116  
loves kleenex box art

I am looking at your ticker and noticing you've been doing the 21 day challenge for 35 minutes. Nice going. I am proud.

I am invited nowhere and he has to get a job. Or find a way to make money without a job. Like .... going door to door and rebinding people's books.
Old 05-31-2007, 10:46 PM   #117  
loves kleenex box art

BAGZIEEEE> Post of picture of you and Arnold Swartsxnas;fln'faas egger !!! How thrilling. Are you bigger than him? I mean .. your arse. Is your arse bigger? Just kidding. Maybe.
Old 06-01-2007, 08:49 AM   #118  

Dear Dr.Cowpernia,
I have a fat saggy cheeky arse. will sticking pencils and gumwads under each cheek help lift or reduce butt fat?
Thankyou,
Sign me "WIDE LOAD"
Old 06-01-2007, 08:51 AM   #119  

Kiwi, that place is so freekin charming!!!! Mooses and birds and rafting and all that outdoorsy crap!!!! I want us to have a cow getaway there!!!! I want to drink margies, and toast marshmellows and eat elk and moose meat.
Old 06-01-2007, 08:52 AM   #120  

buhbye Bagzie! Have fun bein all atwitter!