Closed Thread

Old 05-24-2007, 08:45 AM   #121  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Good Morning . . .

Wow . . . I woke up to sunshine this morning. Not exactly warm yet, but definitely a step in the right direction.

Also woke up to a kitten peeing on the couch . Most of the time they do pretty good trucking up and down to the kitty litter just like the big cats; but every once in a while they (mostly Frickle) seem to get a little 'confused'. I know, they are still babies, but I certainly hope they soon outgrow this. Anyway, after a good scrub, I gave the couch a vinegar spray in the hopes of removing the 'memory scent'. Hope it works.

Nothing too exciting on my agenda today. Kittens have to go to the vet for their second round of shots this afternoon, and I hope to get a little sewing done. Other than that SSDD and I'm definitely keeping my that no more appliances decide to go on vacation.

Hope everybody has a great moving and shaking day planned . . . see you later, gang . . .
Old 05-24-2007, 01:12 PM   #122  
Perfection!!!

S/C/G: 238.8/209.8/160

Height: 5'8

Hey all! Its really cold here...well...mostly because the furnace is broken at my house...its warmer outside then it is in my house...right now i'm babysitting...i just have my nephew today because my niece is gone with her nanny and poppy...so pretty easy day...i hope everyone has a great weekend!
Old 05-24-2007, 01:42 PM   #123  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Does anybody eat low sodium cottage cheese? I've only been to Wlamrt and Zehrs ... but they didn't have any.
Old 05-25-2007, 12:01 AM   #124  

S/C/G: 216/201/125

Good Evening, All!

Hey! What's going on with all the appliances up there in NS? Did they all get together and decide to stage a revolt? Rainstorm, I hope you get your furnace back on line, and soon!

Meowee - I hope the Kitties do a better job of remembering that the couch is NOT a litter box! (But it's so much more COMFORTABLE....).

Susan - Sorry, I never had a taste for cottage cheese. It doesn't matter what gets mixed into it, I still can't stomach the taste. Good luck in your search!

My daughter graduated from preschool today - well, she's got one more year of pre-K before she goes to Kindergarten, but it was a special day just the same! Lots and lots of sinfully decadent goodies, and I only succumbed to one (ok, two) little (really) cream cheese brownies. And then I had salad and rice for lunch and dinner to atone!

It's supposed to be a record-breaking day tomorrow, weather-wise -- really, really HOT, something like 92 F! And I just saw on the t.v. weather that it's 20 F in Churchill. Yikes!

Have a great Friday, All!

Em
Old 05-25-2007, 07:40 AM   #125  

I did a web search for low sodium cottafe cheese and it's not looking promising. I'm in a bit of a stew. I'd like to cut sodium but I'm down to what's in diet cola, cottage cheese, canned fish .... hmmm
Fiddling with carbs instead of protein sent me ... oh, I haven't even put it all in fitday yet.
Old 05-25-2007, 09:36 AM   #126  
Heather 2.0

S/C/G: 290/281/139

Height: 5'8"

Morning all - sorry to be MIA for a few days

Susan, I haven't heard of low-sodium cottage cheese, but then I wasn't listening for it! I have a number of places around KW to get to today - I'll keep an eye out for you, and let you know if I find any!

Rainstorm - Good luck with the furnace

Meowee - ahh those cutie-pie kittens eh? Hope the vinegar works!

Ilene, Annette, Jen and Em - big group at ya'll!!

The weather's been so gorgeous the past three days I have finally succumbed and turned on the air conditioning - I am not a fan of a/c, but the other half works from home, so he moaned about it until I couldn't take any more - LOL! I can always sit outside...!

Have a great weekend, everybody - make good choices and keep moving (oh, I'd better do that, too! )

Heather
Old 05-25-2007, 09:57 AM   #127  

S/C/G: 140/137/125

Height: 5'2.5"

another nice day there are showers of and on today but I am glad we do not need the furnace on anymore.I can finally open some windows. It is currently 20 degrees it is supposed to go up to 33 with humidex of someting like 35. It may be too hot to take the kids out this afternoon I may have to wait until after supper.

I weighed @ 133 this morning but it didn't stick the last couple of times [I] was rightback up the next day and considering Aunt flow is schudeled to make a visit starting tommorow I should be going back up but I was surprised to see the scale down I should be going up now.
Old 05-25-2007, 10:12 AM   #128  
Onward and Downward

Hi there gang

Well, the adorable kittens slept about 10 hours straight after getting their shots yesterday . . . they are all healthy, with no signs of parasites or any congenital problems, and they are all growing -- although I was right that Frackle is lagging behind a little. She weighed in at 2.5 pounds while Frickle and Freckle were 3.1 pounds each. But the Vet is not concerned and figures she'll catch up again soon. However . . . somebody peed on the couch again . . . even after I sprayed it with this ever-so-expensive, guaranteed-to-work (ha) cat-off stuff from the Vet . . . Think I'll go buy it a plastic cover to wear until they get over this nasty little habit. Either that or they are going to find themselves 'living' in the downstairs bathroom for a bit (and I really don't want to do that if I can avoid it).

Don't think I've ever seen sodium-free cottage cheese either . . . but hve to admit I've not been looking for it. Once tried the dry-curd stuff and found it to be yucky; so I just stick with the 1% stuff. Good luck.

Looks like we are doing the usual thing and moving right from 'too cold' to 'too hot' in the blink of an eye. I seem to remember that we used to sometimes get Spring in this country . . . but not this year. OMG, I don't know which I hate more -- the heat and humidity or the nasty little bugs that seem to come along with it.

Okay, gang . . . hope everybody keeps things moving and shaking today. Do lots of great fun stuff and I'll see you again really soon . . .
Old 05-27-2007, 01:27 PM   #129  
stbakd

where is everyone. glen
Old 05-28-2007, 12:26 AM   #130  

S/C/G: 216/201/125

Hi, All -

Just a quick "hello" whilst navigating 3 graduation parties , a bon voyage party , and trips to the cemetaries for Memorial Day
Fortunately, the weather here in MA has been really nice; the eating, however -- um, not so nice.

Talk to you all later!

Em
Old 05-28-2007, 08:36 AM   #131  
Onward and Downward

Hi there . . .

Sorry I've been missing the past couple of days, but I've had an incredibly awful migraine to go along with the sore throat and sore shoulder I think I mentioned the other day. I'm sure it's the stress of my appliance-gremlin filled May and all that has entailed.

Glad to hear our semi-Yank is having a good Memorial Day Weekend. . .

Keep things moving and shaking gang. See you soon . . .
Old 05-28-2007, 08:42 AM   #132  

Hi! I sooo missed being able to communicate on 3FC this weekend!
I hope everyone was good

About the cottage cheese ... I use it instead of salad dressing. So I was reading labels and salad dressing has much more soduim than my cottage cheese. I'm not going to change that.
Old 05-28-2007, 01:38 PM   #133  
Perfection!!!

S/C/G: 238.8/209.8/160

Height: 5'8

Hey everyone! Just a quick message while i'm babysitting...my dad is home for a while (he works away most of the time) so the furnace should be up and running soon!!
Meowee: those kittens sound soo cute!! i love cats!!
Kelly Lynn
Old 05-29-2007, 09:56 AM   #134  
Heather 2.0

S/C/G: 290/281/139

Height: 5'8"

Morning all!

Well, it's been a pretty good few days of eating at my calorie limit (or up to) - but oh boy! Do I ever need to get MOVING! I feel sluggish, and I can't entirely blame PMS (though I'd really LIKE to!) - and I know I'll feel LESS slug-like if I get out on my bike or for a walk or something.

Okay - today's plan is, quite simply, to MOVE. I'm close to my mini-goal, and I am going to have to get this butt shaking to get there!

Know what else?? I REALLY missed you guys while the server transfer was taking place!! Hope you are all well and moving more than me!!

Heather
Old 05-29-2007, 11:14 AM   #135  
Ilene the Bean

Just finished moving with a good 7.2k run ... It's such a gorgeous day I'm going to go for a bike ride this afternoon ... But first I need to clean the pig pen up and pretend to do something ...

Have a great moving and shaking day!
Closed Thread