Closed Thread

Old 05-08-2007, 11:36 PM   #1  

Height: 5'1"

Smile Weight Loss and Chitchat #251.

Hello and to the Jaded Ladies site!

We are a group of ladies that come here for support and encouragement on our weight loss struggles, and we also find time for some chitchatting. So please, won't you join us? New members are always welcome.
Old 05-09-2007, 08:53 AM   #2  
GmaTo8

Hi ladies,

I couldn't sleep, so I got up and went to Walmart before 5:00 this morning. They were stocking the shelves, and it was tricky to get around, but I did like the peace and quiet of the early morning.

Today I'm making a casserole to send to Terry's and his family. Gina's family has been helping out, too, and so has Mary. Also going to get my laundry done, and clean the baths. It's supposed to be hot and humid today - blech. I don't mind "hot" but don't like "humid", lol.

Pink Jane - you're doing great - keep it up!

Sue - those hostas sell fast around here! You may still be able to get one at a large nursery. Btw, they don't seem to get nearly as big as the old fashioned ones, just so you'll know. YAY for getting the bike ride in.

Cristina - I think it's really neat that your and your friends are doing the Walk to Iraq. Gives exercise a whole new outlook, doesn't it?

Marti - how's the house coming along?

Sassy - I agree that size discrimination is out there and running wild. If it were race, religion, handicap, age, or sex discrimination, we'd have a law to protect us. I guess some (not all) people feel our size is something most of us could do something about, and mislabel us as lazy, inadequate and/or lacking intelligence. Regardless, I feel your pain.

Jodi - hope you're having a good day.

A big hello to everyone else!

Have a great day!
Old 05-09-2007, 10:54 AM   #3  
GmaTo8

(Edited out)

Last edited by Jane; 05-11-2007 at 08:53 AM.
Old 05-09-2007, 11:27 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 205.5/158.50/132

Height: 5'7"

Jane ~ Jackson is absolutely adorable! Love the BIG picture! haha! The bigger the better!
Sassy ~ ignore the ignorant! Just concentrate on your small successes and know that you are in the right place. We are here for you! Take it hour by hour.

Ladies...Well, I don't have a lot of time here. I wanted to share something I did yesterday. I was behind on my personal goal so I wanted to boost it. So I did a JUICE FAST. I have done them many times before. But not for years. Well, you're not suppose to have anything but the juice and water. So I didn't have my usual diet cokes. And my head throbbed. I might have to have a diet coke today just to help my head. But I was down 2.5 pounds from yesterday on it. I just like it because it gives me a boost and helps clean out anything toxic in my system. It's a cleansing thing. But it's hard and I don't expect others to follow it. For me tho it was good. haha! But my head...ohhh...makes me realize how dependent I am on caffeine. shucks. I hate being dependent on anything. haha...

OK...Have a great day girls! I'll talk to you all tomarrow.

Tina
Old 05-09-2007, 12:54 PM   #5  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Cool

Thanks Jane.

Yeah a lot of people think its acceptable to treat people who are larger in size like crap and we shouldn't complain about it. It also irritates me when people who are not of a larger size think that its "no big deal". Well if it happened to you, then yes it would be a big deal.

Like you said if I were discriminated against my sex, race, or if I had a disability, then I have laws on my side. It just really really irks me how people think its acceptable.

Well it just keeps getting better. I guess the apt. complex decided today to jackhammer all of the sidewalks. Luckily we don't have to work tonight, or I'd be complaining. I wonder how they would like it if I went and jackhammered under their bedroom window at 4 am.

DH took FIL to the dr. FIL has to have another test done. Also FIL's sisters and brother-in-law are coming into town on Friday from Tennessee, FIL wanted DH to take off of work to take them to this international grocery store we have here. DH is like um I can't take off work on that short of notice. I understand that its family and all, but um we can't help that we work weekends and nights. If they um I don't know maybe would have planned this ahead of time, then yeah DH could have gotten off of work. It just irks me how everybody just assumes that we can just take off of work like its nothing. We have to battle for every night we do get off. I mean if it was an emergency or something, then yeah he'd take off, but its not.

Anyways, guess I am just majorly grumpy from oh I dunno getting woke up by a huge jackhammer going right under my bedroom window.

Have a Nice Day.

BTW: Jane, Jackson is adorable.

Old 05-09-2007, 02:01 PM   #6  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Hi ladies...

JANE...Jackson is soooooo cute!

SASSY...I hear ya...your day sounded like the beginning of mine. These darn construction workers have no respect for anyone. I was up at 6:30 this morning with blaring music. To top it off, later on when I was leaving the cement truck was washing his truck out in our yard. I know it's just dirt but come on. Umm, yes they heard from me. Aplologized and cleaned up their mess. I don't know why people are this way. But...4 a.m. There are ordinances and if I were you I would have called the police. And about people being mean and insenstive of others size...I am with ya there. I don't think it matters about your size, race, etc. I just don't understand people being so mean now days period. Hope FIL is fine.

Took DD to the womens center to have her breast checked again after getting onto the guys next door, ugh. Trying to get some laundry done now and going to try and get a walk in. Not sure if that will happen or not. I have to go pick up our dining room table at about 2:30 then later on the family is headed to Olive Garden for dinner. Not often that we all do dinner together and I feel bad that Josh isn't here to. Anyway, after trying to nurse a headache now. Sometimes I just want to scream, and then runaway, lol.

Hope everyone is having a GREAT day!
Old 05-09-2007, 09:03 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 240/172/165

Height: 5'2"

Good Evening Ladies

Another beautiful day here, no rain and in the 80's....was a quiet day around here...the boy is off tomorrow so no taxi service required LOL....Hubby called he's on his way to Atlanta once again...I've been getting up early and doing weights and some aerobics, Hip Hop Abs and then my treadmill in the evening, everything hurts LOL but it's a good pain at least...well just wanted to check in gonna cook a chicken breast for my dinner and then see what's on the tube...Have a Good Evening All.

Jane - OMG Jackson is Gorgeous!!! Congrats again

Sassy - Hang in there

Pink Jane
Old 05-09-2007, 09:41 PM   #8  
~Believe~

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cristina04 View Post
SASSY...I hear ya...your day sounded like the beginning of mine. These darn construction workers have no respect for anyone. I was up at 6:30 this morning with blaring music. To top it off, later on when I was leaving the cement truck was washing his truck out in our yard. I know it's just dirt but come on. Umm, yes they heard from me. Aplologized and cleaned up their mess. I don't know why people are this way. But...4 a.m. There are ordinances and if I were you I would have called the police. And about people being mean and insenstive of others size...I am with ya there. I don't think it matters about your size, race, etc. I just don't understand people being so mean now days period. Hope FIL is fine.

Took DD to the womens center to have her breast checked again after getting onto the guys next door, ugh. Trying to get some laundry done now and going to try and get a walk in. Not sure if that will happen or not. I have to go pick up our dining room table at about 2:30 then later on the family is headed to Olive Garden for dinner. Not often that we all do dinner together and I feel bad that Josh isn't here to. Anyway, after trying to nurse a headache now. Sometimes I just want to scream, and then runaway, lol.

Hope everyone is having a GREAT day!
Thanks, well they weren't here jack-hammering at 4 a.m., that was my "example" of how it would be for "Day Shift" people. When we sleep during the day, nobody gives a darn. I understand that we are in the minority and that they have to do it during the day, but it still makes it tough. I'm just glad we are off tonight. I'm glad you said something to your workers. I didn't have a choice as like I said, we are in the minority. I always told hub, "Wouldn't it be nice to have a 3rd shift community??" You know where they don't do things like that until at least later in the afternoon. lol. I guess they really couldn't but it was a nice thought. lol.

I think everybody should be treated with respect, no matter what and it just really irks me that size discrimination is so "accepted".

I hope your headache goes away and that you enjoyed your dinner with your family! Hey if you runaway, can I come with ya? lol.

Big
Old 05-09-2007, 09:41 PM   #9  
~Believe~

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkSands View Post

Sassy - Hang in there

Pink Jane
TY.

Old 05-09-2007, 09:43 PM   #10  
~Believe~

Quote:
Originally Posted by onmyown View Post
Sassy ~ ignore the ignorant! Just concentrate on your small successes and know that you are in the right place. We are here for you! Take it hour by hour.

Tina
TY Tina! I didn't see your message until now, I was kinda "out of it" earlier today! lol.
Old 05-09-2007, 10:45 PM   #11  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

Jane- Oh My Gosh..that picture is wonderful, so adorable...so real I can almost smell that baby scent. I wanna hold him..... How have all the "grand" girls taken to having a baby boy in the family? I bet they can't wait to show him all the neat things about grandma's house.

Sassy- Sorry that you have had jackhammering and insensitive remarks....life sucks some days. Like you I can't believe people can be so rude.

Tina- I can't believe you can lose 2 or 3 pounds so quickly...takes me forever to lose a pound. I don't think I could do the fast.

Pink Jane- You are continuing to amaze me. Keep up the good work.

Cristina- Maybe those guys thought you wanted a cement yard....ha. Well...it would keep down the weeds. Talk about rude people.

I had a nice day with my DD, Mom and ex IL's. It was DD's birthday. She was actually born on Mother's Day 42 years ago. Ugh...how old does that make me? Anyway we went to the neatest greenhoouses and to lunch there at a tea room. Was fun.
I got a few groceries this afternoon and then fixed dinner. DH and I walked 2 miles. Watched Idol...and that was my day.
Food continues to be a rough one for me, but I am doing better. I actually lost a pound. (couldn't resist weighing this morning)
We finally got a nice steady rain for a couple hours and the plants all appreciated that.

Have a good Thurs. ladies.
Old 05-10-2007, 12:15 PM   #12  
I work with germs!!

Height: 5'2"

Happy Thursday Ladies!!

Jane--Wow, 5 a.m. at Wally World. We don't have any 24hr Walmarts. They are finally building a Walmart Superstore not far from me and hopefully it will be open 24 hr. Jackson is beautiful!! You must be so proud!!

Sue--I love hostas and have a few but the moles seem to love them more.

Tina--LA Weightloss wants you to do a fruit juice thing the first 48 hr. But they give you very minimun food intake with it. It does work. I think it mostly cleans you out, losing several pounds and really gives your morale a boost. Congrats on the 30 lbs!!

Sassy--I hear ya hun!! People can be jerks! I have to work tonight and tomorrow night and will probably have to turn the air on to block out the outside noise.

Cristina--Good luck on the miles. Josh will be so proud. I see you are looking at sprinklers. We have an irrigation system in our yard and it's the next best thing to sliced bread.

Jodi--Feeling better?

Mindee--How's the family?

Marti--All moved in?

Hello to all that I missed!! I have had a very busy hectic week. I had a wonderful time at the beach last weekend. Spent too muck $$ and, of course, ate too much. Did a $300 impulse buy on two wall hangings for my dining room. Was attempting to replace the last of dh's ex-wife (there is still a little of her literaly hanging around. lol!) I brought them home and immediately took down the old and hung these up and my heart sank. Although the colors were perfect, they were a little too contemporary for the room. After looking at dh's "I told you so" look, I decided to re-do the entire room. I'm going to replace the curtains, paint and paper under the chairrail and replace the fabric on the dining chairs. I probably should just sell the wall hangings on e-bay!!! Would be cheaper!!

I also had a funeral to go to yesterday. My Aunt/Godmother. She was 79 and in very poor health. On a better note, it was great to see my cousins and finally exchange e-mail address and catch up. We had a great reception after the funeral with no tears and only happy reunions.

I have to go now and return wall paper books, pick up some annuals at home depot and hit the grocery store before going to work tonight. I have finally decided to join WW this monday!! Can't seem to control my sweet tooth and need to start being accountable. Myrtle beach vacation is only 8 weeks away!!
Old 05-10-2007, 03:23 PM   #13  

Tammy...yeah I needed that boost to motivate me further...i'm sure it's mostly water but it looks good...haha! I actually went down a total of 3.5 from it. Back on food today...whoop whoop. And I shopped for a new pr of jeans yesterday my current pair are...baggy...whoop whoop..so I got a size 10....CAN YOU FREAKIN' BELIEVE IT? I couldn't ...
Old 05-10-2007, 04:14 PM   #14  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Just a quick HI for now

Busy day but wanted to stop by and say HI.

Will have more time tomorrow to post.

Hope everyone is having a great day!
Old 05-10-2007, 05:35 PM   #15  

JUST FOR YOU GUYS>>>

Before and NOW...more to come!!!! (after I get closer to my goal) haha! The before one was the REASON I did this in the first place...scary stuff!!!!

Closed Thread