Closed Thread

Old 04-18-2007, 02:56 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 175/175/130

Height: 5'5"

Hi ladies...this sounds like a great group and I would love to be a part of it!
My goals for the week (whats left of it...lol..)
1. work out every morning
2. eat clean (5-6 small meals a day)
3. not spend money!!
Old 04-18-2007, 07:51 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 184/see ticker/130

Height: 5 ft.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nygirl View Post
Hi ladies...this sounds like a great group and I would love to be a part of it!
My goals for the week (whats left of it...lol..)
1. work out every morning
2. eat clean (5-6 small meals a day)
3. not spend money!!
Hi Nygirl,

welcome to the group

I like you 3 rd. goal!
Old 04-18-2007, 06:21 PM   #18  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

S/C/G: 291.8/286.8/199

Height: 5'4 1/2

everyone. Where are my ladies?

I've decided to take down my ticker thing. I was looking at it and getting really depressed and when I get depressed, I start eating and it snowballs from there. So my sig will be ticker-free until I start seeing some progress.
Old 04-18-2007, 06:21 PM   #19  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

S/C/G: 291.8/286.8/199

Height: 5'4 1/2

Welcome NY!
Old 04-19-2007, 10:29 AM   #20  

I am here.
just a little depressed that my scale is not moving. I am trying to figure out the problem.
Old 04-19-2007, 08:56 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 242/229.5/135

Height: 5'3"

Hi all, welcome NY, I know how you feel about the scale, mine went up 1-1/2 lbs and just won't go back down.

I was a little bad yesterday, nervous eating, worried about getting the pins out of my arm. My water was down as well and exercise was just some housework I could manage. Did not weigh myself today.

Food has been off today due to spending half my day at the hospital, have not done too bad, got a little walking in and working on the water. I got the pins out and only have to wear the brace if I am doing something strenuous (sp), my arm is very swollen and hand is very sore too, but on my way. Just have to get through physio.

Have a good evening and tomorrow my friends.
Sharon S.
Old 04-20-2007, 12:13 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 211/200/165

Height: 5' 2.5" (HW: 222)

Hi, everyone! I'm FatToFitVirgo, since 20 years ago, I used to do martial arts & weight training. In eighth grade I weighed 118. Once I started HS I was 130. For most of my adult life I was between 130-150. I got married in 1988, at 165. Went up another 10 lbs the next year, because I became a competitive eater w/my husband (so I got some of the desserts & other goodies that I liked, too, before he ate the entire thing). And I kinda "grew my own disguise" when he & I got together, since the boyfriend before I married was an emotionally unhealthy choice. Well, I've been happily married for 18 1/2 years now. My husband's been retrained (for a long time) to respect the fact he's not the only one who likes to eat certain things. He's the skinny one, since his job is very active & physical, so he's always burned off whatever excess calories he enjoys.

I've only been at 3FC for four weeks now, posting in another thread. The group there is really nice. But sometimes I feel the need for more motivation, that's how I ended up here. Your thread may be what I'm looking for: not too stringent (or obsessive!), yet requiring some naming--and working toward--goals.

May I join you? I probably won't be posting every day. One of my problems is spending time on the computer instead of exercising. And I definitely need to set one goal of exercising every day before I can use the computer. I very much like the word "challenge" in your title. I hope to use it as motivation! Thank you.

Virgo

Last edited by FatToFitVirgo; 04-21-2007 at 02:49 AM.
Old 04-20-2007, 07:30 AM   #23  

Welcome Virgo
You have found a really wonderful place on line to hang out. Listen to everyone. But Listen with you heart and BODY, To find out whats right for YOU.

Use your Fitday. It is a good way to find out what we are REALLY eating.
Use it to track everything that passes your Lips. Water, vitamins, and of course FOOD.
You can use it to track your work outs too. Just don't pay much attention to the calories it says you have burned. It seems the only problem I have noticed with Fitday.

Be honest with yourself. It is only you that hurts if you are not Honest, counting your calories and exercises.

So get out there and do it. You can!

Check out the Calorie counters forum too. Lots of good info there.

Also Remember one thing I am finding is soooo important.
Patience!
As some have had to remind me too often It takes time and hard work. Sometimes there will be stalls in your weight loss. Just get back up on the bike and go again.
Old 04-20-2007, 12:11 PM   #24  

Goodmorning ladies, welcome Virgo. We all have our flaws, we just have to learn what they are and how to go about fixing them.

I was bad again last night, disappointed as I was doing so well. Weighed in this morning and I am up 3.5 pounds, but if I don't exercise enough and eat healthy that is what happens.

Am going to try again today, did okay for breakfast, just have to watch supper as we are going out. Will try and get some exercise in this aft. but have to go to the store now for me and Dad, then take him to the Doc's to get his stitches out, wrap three presents, do cards, then drive to the other side of town for supper. aaah And fit exercise in then, or tonight. Have a feeling it will be tonight.

Have a good rest of the day.
Sharon S.

P.S. Where are the old timers?
Littlered, good suggestions for Virgo!
Old 04-21-2007, 02:55 AM   #25  

S/C/G: 211/200/165

Height: 5' 2.5" (HW: 222)

Thanks for the welcome, ladies! I must confess that already I didn't live up to my 'exercise before the computer' goal. At least as far as hoping I did my stat(ionary) bike right before. But I did walk around to pay bills, so that activity counts. Just wanted to do a quick posting here.

Again, thanks for the welcome!
Old 04-21-2007, 06:52 PM   #26  

FatToFitVirgo, sounds like your doing pretty good, remember each day is a new challenge for us all.

Well I was down 1-1/2 lbs this morning, but could be do to all the running around I did yesterday, today has been a very sedentary day, food not bad and water is going good for a change, still have to get the exercise in, but still have time.

Where is everyone today and yesterday as well?

Talk to you all later!
Sharon S.
Old 04-21-2007, 07:18 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 318/215/167

Height: 5'11"

Smile brand new to this

Hello everyone,
I am new to the site and Groups.
My goals for the next week (4-22 - 4-28) are:
1. Walk 2 miles Mon-Sat, 1 mile on Sun.
2. Stay within my point value for the day.
3. Loose 1.5 lbs, we shall see.

Kathy W.
Old 04-21-2007, 09:58 PM   #28  

Hi,
there everyone.
welcome Kathy.

My goals for this month were...
To loose 8 pounds (more IF I am lucky)
starting at 176 pounds.
And to Get off one of my Meds. For Tryglycerides.

Well I hope to make it official monday. weighed in 3 pounds less friday.
That makes my first 11 pounds!
Down 3 since we started this on the 15th.

I go to the dr. for blood work Monday. Hope to get off my triglycerides meds. before Friday!
That will make me almost half way to my goal.
Yea! me.

I know I am tooting my own horn.
This is still so new to me. To lose weight and feel good. It has been so good for my mind. (and on the scale).

Hubby home tonight. he works 2nd shift so I only have him home in the pm on the week ends.
talk more in the am.
have a wonderful evening.
Old 04-22-2007, 12:15 AM   #29  

Welcome Kmuffin, great to have you with us. It is a great group of ladies, some seem to be MIA at the moment, but we state our goals, I state how I am doing usually every day, a little personnel note too. We try to help each other out, support and info if required.

Littlered, you are doing fabulous, just don't cut back to much, if you lose it to fast unfortunately, you might put it on quicker. Besides that you are on fire and go girl! Half way there is terrific.

Well I did good with the rest of my food, water and exercise. Then there is always tomorrow! Hope to get out to the cottage, we got new windows and I am anxious to see them, they need the trim to be put back on, and one broke on delivery and has been re-ordered, if Dad is up to it, we will take him.

Have a good day tomorrow, will talk at you then!
Sharon S.
Old 04-22-2007, 08:00 AM   #30  

Talking

""Littlered, you are doing fabulous, just don't cut back to much, if you lose it to fast unfortunately, you might put it on quicker. Besides that you are on fire and go girl! Half way there is terrific.
Sharon S""

Sharon, thanks.

My total ll pound loss is Since March 1st.... thats 7 weeks.
So its less than 2 pounds per week.
My goal for the Calories... 1400 or more.
I was doing 1600 for a little while. the Weight just stopped.
Being as short as I am. (under 5ft.) that should be enough. I am comfortable eating that much Most days.

And there are no Calorie Police... So If I go over a little... I am ok with that too.
Closed Thread