3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   New Group: I'm too cute to be this fat! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/109902-new-group-im-too-cute-fat.html)

Lafayette 04-30-2007 08:24 PM

Hi Velveteen- what's Effexor?

I started dating a great guy and, since we are both workaholics, light snacks were followed by late dinners with desserts and drinks to keep the evening going. I also traded my gym time for time with him- glad I did but starting to realize that solution will actually reduce the amount of time we spend together over the long haul if I keel over!

PinkyPie 05-01-2007 12:27 AM

Lafayette - it's an anti-depressant :)

Renny Sue 05-01-2007 09:02 AM

velveteen I put 20kg back on after going off of Effexor too!

Then again, I look at the fact I'm no longer on meds as a good thing and if I had to put weight back on to behave "noramlly" then well I'd rather have the weight. Now that I've adjusted to no meds, I can lose the weight!

KnitALisa 05-01-2007 11:42 AM

Hey, you cute chicks! We are totally way too cute to be this fat! And we can do this!

Height: 5'3ish

High Weight: 235 (ouch)

Current Weight: 212

Goal Weight: 135ish (I've never been thin, so I have no idea what to shoot for!)

Something random about you: I knit like a madwoman, and I can spell backwards really well.

Do you have any children?: Nada. I do have a 6 month old goddaughter, though.

Are you married?: No. :( I'm totally single.

Why do you want to lose weight most?: Because I'm too cute to be this fat! Just kidding (kind of!). Mostly because my eyes are finally open to how I was slowly killing myself, how awfully self-loathing I was. I just can't live my life like that; I HAVE to get healthy and happy. Also, I've never had a boyfriend :o (combo of being fat and having low self-esteem). I'd really like to fix that! ;)

Why is this time going to be different?: Again, because I am so much more self-aware these days. And I've gotten a handle on my anxiety and panic attacks! Gawd, I've eatten SO much food as a way to soothe my attacks. Also, I've been so lucky that I haven't developed any health problems, but if I don't lose the weight, I am a ticking time bomb.

Renee- That's so weird, when I went on Effexor, I gained 20 lbs! Ugh, that drug was so awful to me. Instead of getting rid of my panic attacks, it tripled them and made them so much more intense.

Quote:

anyone who has ever had skinny friends and felt like "the fat girl"
That is totally me. I am so :censored: sick of being treated that way and of myself for letting myself be treated/feel that way. It's ridiculous. But I'm ready to stand up for myself and FIX the problem. Enough is enough.

PinkyPie 05-01-2007 01:37 PM

Oh... I definitely GAINED weight ON Effexor. I'm actually starting to LOSE weight now! I gained almost all the weight I lost withing about 18 months, plus! and that was ON a/d's. So now I'm just trying to get off without too much hassle (the brain zaps make me feel crazy and emotional) and focus on all the good things I'm doing now to get myself healthy.

I'm also not waiting anymore to be cute... I haven't worn any clothes that really express who I am and that's over and done with now - I've just won a few cute things off of eBay that I can't wait to wear :) AND... I was going to wait with pimping up my tattoos, but I'm not going to wait anymore with that either. I feel like I'm waiting to be slim again to start my life again and that's just not going to be the case anymore.

I'm too cute to be this fat and I'm also too cute to dress like a frump and not do anything to make me feel feminine or pretty. I even painted my nails again for the first time in AGES! (helps that my DF bought me a little blingy-bling a couple weekends ago ;) )

Lafayette 05-01-2007 01:43 PM

Wow, Lisa! You sound like you're ready to roll! That's awesome!

I've fallen into an emotional eating routine, too. I quit smoking and am now learning how to quit eating as a nicotine replacement!

I, too, have been waiting to dress cute but I threw on a cute little jacket with a t-shirt and jeans two weeks ago and could not believe the difference in my overall attitude! I felt like I could successfully diet and I went out and bought a couple cute tops and some new lip gloss (something I did almost weekly at 135). I'm going to keep up the intermittant clothing-type rewards until I reach my goal- this week is whacked out by TOM but next week I promise I'll be back at the mall!

PinkyPie 05-05-2007 09:01 AM

Hi Cute Chicks! How's everyone doing?

I had a couple of not-so-great days but I've renewed my attitude again and am feeling much better! The weekends are generally "harder" than during the week, but for some reason I'm really compelled to keep things in check this weekend!

Go Us!!!