Closed Thread

Old 04-17-2007, 09:19 AM   #31  
Losing it!

Prayers sent to the family Allison...such a loss of a young life...

Nice to see you back here Doni, I have thought of you often. Please post a pic of Cat, I would like to see her as she has grown.

Shelley, can you believe someone is so ill as to go in and take over 30 lives? I can't even comprehend how the families must be feeling.

Vouge, did you go to prom yet? If so, post a pic! You are young, you have time for romance and all that other stuff. Just keep a good head on your shoulders (which you already do)

Suzy, are you snowed in?

To all the other chickies, I hope life is treating you well and I think of you often.

I am busy preparing for a bridal shower this weekend then a bachelor-ette party the 5th. I think Liz & I decided we will take the girls for a choice of manicure/acrylic nails or pedicure, then out to eat. Needless to say, all of my work money is going toward party expenses right now! LOL!
Old 04-17-2007, 09:22 AM   #32  
Losing it!

Question: Steve insist shower punch should be foamy/bubbly...Mine won't be... I wanted to keep the spring theme so I am making strawberry lemonade. The punch bowl will have a few strawberries floating about and then I am placing 1/4 to 1/2 of a strawberry onto the rim of each glass. Tacky? He has me wondering now....
Old 04-17-2007, 10:15 AM   #33  
Janice

Unbelievable what happened yesterday at VA. Tech. I just don't understand this world sometimes.
WELCOME BACK DONI!!!! We missed you.
I am finally down another pound today. I was plateaued for a long time. I needed to keep track of what I was eating. I was maintaining instead of losing.
We have snow almost every day. I am really tired of it. It is supposed to be 18C this weekend and sunny. YAHOO Finally.
Old 04-17-2007, 11:05 AM   #34  
Losing it!

GREAT PIC JANICE! Is your hair lighter then it was before?
Old 04-17-2007, 11:16 AM   #35  

Gayle we never had a shower punch that is bubbly. We have punches more like you want to serve, if this Canadian chickie's opinion counts.
With all that experience you can come on down and help me with Ashley and Jay's Jack and Jill shower.
I am going to have to catch the news. I am not sure what you gals are talking about with the 30 people dead.

Allison I am sorry to hear of such tragic news. Dez was suicidal for a few years. It is scary and tough to deal with because you can't really help.

Doni is it really you or an impostor? lol Glad your back. Share with us what else is new.

Sherry when I met Larry he had a size 28 waist and now it is a 34. I think that he weighed 135 pounds and he weighs 165-170. He was up to 185 for awhile so he has to watch it. He certainly doesn't exercise like me.
I hate to be bored I thrive on excitement. I am an adrenalin junkie that is why I exercise so much because you get a natural high from it. I have done a lot of stupid things in my younger years for the excitement, not drugs.

Suzy are you the Queen of Snow. Yuck. We have been having day time temps around 70 with sunshine.
I guess that Tim wouldn’t like someone suggesting that he could be Santa for Christmas. It is so hard to get them to exercise.

Janice I love your new pic. Sorry about the snow but honest I didn’t send it your way. I will send you our sun warm weather.
Way to go on the scale.

Our shopping trip down to the states was successful. Larry found a Ralf Lauren Linen color suit for the wedding under $150 with brown leather shoes and Dez found a long red dress for $12.00. I still haven't found anything to wear yet but I am not to worried as I have my gown from our 25th that I could wear.

A girlfriend of mine just called me for a walk so I got to get a going....

Oh yeah Larry is in Tulsa, Oklahomma and then will be going to Huston, so now I can get work on getting into troube. I am sure that Gayle can give me some ideas on what to do....
Old 04-17-2007, 12:23 PM   #36  
Janice

Gayle - thats funny you asking about my hair colour. Right now it is black cherry. Ususally brazilian brown or french roast. In the summer it gets lighter with the pool regardless of what colour I dye it. I am actually totally grey when the roots show.
Dee - I hope that warm weather and sunshine get here soon.
Old 04-17-2007, 12:36 PM   #37  
Losing it...again!

Height: 5' 5"

Today is the day that I have been waiting for for the last seven months...Travis is coming back to the US! He is due back at Camp Pendleton between 10:00 and midnight tonight California time. I can hardly wait for him to call and say that he has landed!

Dee ~ Queen of the Snow is a title that I would gladly give up! I would much rather be Queen of the Beach! We lucked out though...all the snow that fell here has melted and the wind has let up. Just a few miles north of us got close to a foot of snow!

Janice ~ Great picture! It's so nice to be able to put a face with your name!

Gayle ~ I like your idea for the punch! I don't like the ones that are filled with sherberts and foamy stuff.

Allison ~ My prayers go out to your friend and her family. I can't imagine what they must be going through.
Old 04-18-2007, 06:07 AM   #38  
Janice

Good Mornig everyone.
Suzy - I as so happy for you. Travis is finally coming home.
I have been doing a low carb diet since last Tuesday. I find its the best way to get the sugar out of my body. It gets rid of the sugar cravings.
I will switch back to WW once I feel I'm back in control of my eating.
Old 04-18-2007, 09:52 AM   #39  

Doni!!!

I'm so glad you're back! We really missed you!

Allison--I'm so sorry to hear of you daughter's friend. I, too, hope that it's not something that will begin "going around."
Old 04-18-2007, 09:56 AM   #40  

Duh!

I posted a quick reply on the first page! Didn't even dawn on me that there were two pages of posts until my new message popped up! I hate it when I do stuff like that!

Janice--great picture! You're lovely!

Dee--sounds like y'all found some great deals! That's my kind of shopping! I love the clearence racks.

Gayle--the strawberry lemonade sounds yummy to me!
Old 04-18-2007, 03:50 PM   #41  

Suzy did you hear from Travis yet? I am sure a huge burden will be lifted off your shoulders when you know that he is safe and sound.

Cheryl wouldn't that be fun to make a shopping date and search out the sales.

Janice I find that it helps me too to go on a low carb diet to get rid of the sugar monster. It is a good quick start to losing a few pounds too.

Beautiful day here. I did a body sculpt class (muscle building killer class) and then jumped on the threadmill a jogged a couple of miles. Ohh, it felt so good.
Just finished dusting and tidying up my room while my rumba (robotic vacuum) sucked up the dust bunnies. Boy I love that thing. It sure works great on my floors. Beats me vacuuming.
Time to get out in the gardens and rake off the winter sludge my perennials turned into. Hopefully the night temps won't dip too low.

Love you all.
Old 04-18-2007, 09:01 PM   #42  

Talking Whoo-hoo!!!

I finished my paper!!!!!

It wound up being 15 1/2 pages long! I feel sorry for my prof when he has to read it, but it's FINISHED!!!!!!
Old 04-18-2007, 10:46 PM   #43  
Losing it...again!

Height: 5' 5"

Yes! Travis is home safe and sound. He called yesterday afternoon about 2:30 yesterday afternoon from Bangor, Maine and then again this morning about 1:30 am as they were leaving the parade deck to go home! We talked to him for a couple hours tonight too...it's SO good to hear his voice!

Travis said the USO in Bangor is amazing! They greet all troops who are coming home at the airport and pass out cell phones for them to call home. They also took pictures of everyone and posted them on this website. Click on slideshow in the upper right hand corner and then Travis' picture is #85.

http://mainetroopgreeters.smugmug.co.../2729917#P-4-9

He looks like a happy boy doesn't he?
Old 04-19-2007, 06:03 AM   #44  

Suzy-Travis is a cutie and looks very happy! I'm so glad for you that he is home.

Janice-I love your new picture. You look great.

Gayle-I think your punch sounds very pretty. I don't attend many showers, so I wouldn't have any tips for you. I am helping for a rehersal dinner this Friday night, then attending a fancy wedding Saturday night.

Dee-I'm sure you'll find just the right dress to wear.

Cheryl-Yay on the paper!
Old 04-19-2007, 09:25 AM   #45  
Janice

Good morning everyone.
Dee - I was glad that you told me you sometimes Low Carb. I don't think it is healthy for long term but it sure gets the sugar out of your body and gets rid of the cravings.
Once I do that I can do WW and just try to stay clear of the sugars.
I am a sugar junkie. I have no control over my eating when I have sugar in my body. I go into bingeing and HATE MYSELF, I just can't stop.
Closed Thread