3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   Home of the Loozing Floozies...#18 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/109558-home-loozing-floozies-18-a.html)

alinnell 04-13-2007 07:16 PM

Sherry,
My DH started out slimmer than me. When we were married, he weighed about 150-155 and I was 165 (we're both about the same height although he claims to be taller). His job was quite physical and he could eat just about anything and not gain. I always struggled to get lower, but seemed to always settle in at 165. After two pregnancies, I was able to get to 128 and stabilized at 135 for several years and then stress in my job made me gain weight. During the time that I was slim (about 12 years ago) DH's job became less physical and more desk-bound and he started to gain weight. He has crawled up to around 175 pounds at this time (when I started this "diet" or "weight loss journey" I was 173). He is still around 170-172 today--mainly because he eats larger portions of the meals I fix (and he loves his Scotch--even more than I love my wine). Thankfully he is not a picky eater! Only my kids were (not any longer) but I refused to fix different meals. We both worked full time and cooking was too difficult to get done in the first place.

ShelleyM 04-14-2007 07:37 AM

Sherry-Mike used to be very thin. Now he is quite large, especially in his belly. I think it's partly because of the pain meds he's been taking for years. I weighs about 240 or 250 and is 6'2". I wish I could get him to lose. He doesn't eat the same way I do. It's full fat and sugar everything.

SuzyMc 04-14-2007 11:44 AM

I'm not sure if I win or lose the wild weather contest, but we are supposed to get over a foot of snow starting tonight! :(

"Snow accumulations by late Sunday night could potentially exceed 6 inches over much of central Pennsylvania. However...the greatest risk of heavy snow is over the northern mountains...where around a foot is possible."

Yes, I am in the northern mountains that they are talking about. Our local forecaster is predicting 14-18 inches for us. He is usually right, but this time I really hope he is wrong!

gdeann 04-14-2007 02:05 PM

Suzy, good luck with the snow! We had SEVERAL inches here yesterday with blizzard like conditions. It is melting like crazy today and the sun is out. Spring has to be here soon! First time I can ever remembering it snowing in April. I have a spring themed bridal shower to give next weekend...kinda hard to get into the groove with snow on the ground.

Steve started out very thin (135-140 on a 6' frame) now, (after my good cooking) he is at 170-175. He looks really good except for a little bit of beer belly (and yes, it is caused by beer) LOL! He hasn't had a beer in a week now, curious to see if the scale number changes for him.

gdeann 04-14-2007 02:06 PM

I might just add....if you look at my avatar...that will give you a pretty good idea of how we look in real life... LOL!

Lynneye 04-14-2007 02:40 PM

Rob is very thin but he is a mailman and walks between 7 and 8 miles a day on his route. It is also a very hilly route!

we are supposed to get rain, not the snow Suzy is getting but we are supposed to get up to three inches of rain. We will have flooding around here for sure. Could be a mess tomorrow!

SuzyMc 04-14-2007 08:33 PM

Funny that the topic today is chubby hubbys! You know my DIL is expecting our third granddaughter next month. Well the youngest (she's 3 1/2) now knows that mommy has a baby in her tummy and the baby will soon be coming out and then she'll have a new baby sister. Tonight she was sitting on PaPa's lap reading a book and out of the blue she asked him if he had a baby in his belly too! :preg: :rofl:

Tim is a big guy about 250 lbs. but he is 6' 4", so he carries the weight well, but he does have a belly that he needs to get rid of. Em's comment might have been the push that he needed...he didn't eat nearly as much for dinner tonight as he usually does. :lol:

gdeann 04-14-2007 09:29 PM

Cute one Suzy! Steve gets aggravated at me because I am so much shorter then he is and I run around punching his tummy (lightly) like a punching bag. He says I shouldn't be so mean...I tell him he is strong enough to take it, plus I can't resist doing it. Guess he'll keep me though.

savage 04-15-2007 04:58 AM

remember me?

1 Attachment(s)
hello everybody!
remember me?
its Doni,
thanks gayle for nudging me back in.
i am still trying to get this weight off.
im down to 238 in a size 18
ive been bouncing from the slim fast program to the biggest loser program.
realy been getting into my exercises,hafta start posting them i know shelly,lol
ive been using,
core rythems dancing exercise video
the firm
yoga booty ballet
which i just started bout 3 weeks ago and i tell you i love it!
between the yoga and the core rythms i have lost
3 inches from waist
1.5 from hips and
1 from thighs in 3 weeks!
just got the 18's on!
very happy bout that!
hello to all the newbies
and to all my faithful friends here!
missed you all!
still with brian next month 19 yrs.
cat will be 15 next month!
can you believie it?
weve moved again,nice 3 bedroom 2 bath.
but uh we have noticed we are not alone here shall we say.
ugggg.
i still homeschool.
cat has her pick in boyfriends out here.
im glad to be back and get into whats been going on!
love you all!
hugs,

ShelleyM 04-15-2007 09:50 AM

:carrot: :hug: :bravo: :cp: :dancer: :grouphug:

WELCOME BACK, DONI!!!!! Have you gotten my emails? We have missed you so much!!:jig: :cb: :dancer:

ShelleyM 04-15-2007 09:51 AM

Doni-Do you have any newer pictures of Cat? I'd love to see how she's grown.

Sherry 04-15-2007 11:13 AM

WELCOME BACK DONI!!!!!!!!!!!!! :carrot: We have all asked about you sooooooo much!!! PLEASE don't leave us this time!!!!!! We have really missed you!! :hug: I'm glad to see that you're still with Brian. Last time you posted, things were rough. What happened to the guy you were seeing? Good luck to you in everything! Again....WELCOME BACK!!!
Love ya!

vouge09 04-15-2007 07:14 PM

Hey everyone how are you all? I am still here , still alive , still strugglin but hey thats life right? How is everyone's diets goin? Mine is so terrible I need to get on track and fast. Its been hard lately but its ok. Uh Me and John we decided to be friends , we just realized that we werent meant to be together in that way . its alright I am the one who brought it up and kinda made the choice and things are alright , were friends , sometimes its kinda awkward but thats when we just brush it off and laugh about something.

anyways weight wise , yeah no improvement if anythign I have a disimprovement. I need something to change I am clueless in how to do it now. I really am sick of this challenge but dont know how to beat it. any suggestions ?

I hope everyone is in good health. xoxo

alinnell 04-16-2007 01:55 PM

Things aren't going to well for me today. I just found out that the daughter of a friend of mine committed suicide last night. I know the girl had had some trouble the past few months, but this is just too sad. She was beautiful--the only daughter in a family of 5 kids, popular, a sophomore in high school. She went to preschool with my daughter. This is the second kid from DD's school this year to commit suicide. I hope it doesn't lead to more. I'm just heartbroken.

ShelleyM 04-16-2007 04:57 PM

Allison-Prayers to your friend and family. I can't begin to imagine how her family must feel.

I'm sending prayers to all the families of the kids at Va. Tech. How horrible and sad for everyone involved.