Closed Thread

Old 04-22-2007, 10:48 AM   #76  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Hi there . . .

Hope you are all having a great Sunday . . . it's shaping up to be another beautiful, sunny day in Atlantic Canada . . . not going to get really warm, but that will come along soon enough no doubt. In the meantime, I'm just to see the sun.

Hope things are feeling a little brighter in your world, Jana . . .

Congratulations on that great willpower, Diana . . . Wow wish you could bottle it and send some to me.

Nothing exciting on my agenda for today . . . a little shopping, a little visiting. Hopefully eating clean all day. Not been doing too well on that front for the past few days. Need to get back on track.

Anyway, have a good moving and shaking kind of adventure filled day, ladies . . . and I'll see you again really soon . . .
Old 04-22-2007, 02:07 PM   #77  

Hi Ladies...Just a quick pop-in for now. Fighting a cold/fever and taking Nyquil PM, so I'm getting lots of rest since it knocks me out. Scales were down 3 pounds this morning, so very happy about that! Maybe things will start moving as I destress and take care of ME for a change. I decided not to drive out to Oregon by myself and booked myself on Amtrak. Besides saving money on gas, I will get to relax on my way out and back.

Jana...I'm so sorry to hear how heart broken you are, but this too will pass. There is someone wonderful out there for you, who will love you no matter what size you are. Don't settle for second best, you deserve the BEST.

Well gals,I can hardly keep my eyes open, so guess I'll go take a nap. have a great day.

Cheryl
Old 04-22-2007, 02:35 PM   #78  
NEVER Give Up:)

S/C/G: 260**212**160

Height: 5' 4"

JANA...I'm so sorry for what you're having to go through. I too had to go through that before and I thought I would never be able to get on with my life again because I was so depressed, but in time and with each new day, things will start to get better and easier. Just know that you are so much better off knowing now than to have it keep going on longer and you getting any deeper into the relationship.

CHERYL...I'm so sorry you have been so sick. My youger DD had such a terrible cold for over two weeks and is still trying to get over it. That's so great that you're coming out to Oregon! I hope the weather starts to get a little better as they say this week is supposed to clear up and start being warm and sunny again. I didn't even realize that you live in North Dakota. My brother in law and his wife just moved there the first week of this month, because they are being stationed there in the Air Force for four years. Congrats on being 3 pounds down!!!

Well I've been sticking with my calorie counting and exercising every day for three weeks now and I'm happy to say I'm down 10 pounds in the three weeks, 4 pounds for this past week. I had gained back 2 pounds so I lost those 2 plus 2 more. It's such hard work, but I am finding it getting a little easier with every day and my resistance to exercise is increasing. I'm finally able to do my WATP 2 mile all the way through.
Old 04-23-2007, 01:06 AM   #79  
Diana

Height: 5' 4"

Hi, everyone. It's NOT been a good day. I'm soooooo angry I can feel the steam coming from my ears. We had a fish fry at my in-law's house. I ate while I was there, but that's all I ate today, so if I went over target, it was barely. That wasn't the bad part. Why, oh why did God have to give us in-laws?? Irritation and anger is what they do best. I've dealt with thirteen years of.....hmmmmm....hatred, jealously, and blantantly intentional obnoxiousness from my SIL. I just cannot do it anymore. I'm beginning to see the end of a relationship. Sad as that is, it's true. You can only try so hard with some people. Two Christmas' ago, I got her a REAL (trust me, it was NOT cheap) mother's ring for Christmas. We draw names in our family. I deliberately got her name because I wanted very much to do this for her (partially to try to mend some of the pasts of our relationship, mostly because I knew she'd love and cherish it). She was appreciative to my face, but she never let up with her talks behind my back...to this day! It's just too painful to continue the relationship....my hubby and I have talked and he backs me 100%. He feels the same way about her hubby, his brother.

It's been a sad and anger-filled day for me....it was supposed to be fun day.

Hey, Jana we can be sad together. We're both ending very close relationships.

Sorry for being such a drag. Comments are welcome! Have a great week, everyone.

Diana
Old 04-23-2007, 11:17 AM   #80  
doinTHEbestIcan

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning Ladies!!!!

I hope all is well in your worlds. Things have been pretty rough on my end, but I'm still here. I'm learning alot about the BOY that I used to call my MAN. Even though this enitre ordeal has torn my heart into pieces, it has opened my eyes. Everything happens for a reason, and even though we had our differences, I was willing to work through those differences. I DON'T need a BOY I need a man, I'm sad, I'm glad, I don't know what I am, but I know I'm FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Luv you ladies lots!!!!!!

Oh yea, the scales were at 192 this morning, now that I'm back with Dad, I can afford a gym membership!!! I'm looking for one now.
Old 04-23-2007, 02:38 PM   #81  
Onward and Downward

Hi gang . . . we are having another gorgeous day . . . we are actually above 25C (77F). Oh well, apparently we are going to fall back to about 15 (about 60) tomorros. guess old Ma Nature doesn't want to spoil us with too much too soon.

Cheryl . . . so glad to hear you are slowing down a little and congratulations on that loss . . . I'm turning green; but I am happy for you.

Michelle . . . great work, kiddo . . . Even though I just had to add another shade green . . . sigh.

Diana . . . . . . you will be better off without the stress, girl . . . sounds like she is very, very jealous and insecure.

Jana . . . Definitely glad to hear your comments . . . You are mending already, kiddo. Just give it time.

Nothing too exciting around here (other than the weather). Hope you all keep things moving and shaking today, ladies . . . see you soon. . .
Old 04-23-2007, 08:06 PM   #82  
doinTHEbestIcan

Hey Diana, I'm sorry to hear about your SIL, but you know as they say everything happens for a reason, that's really all the advice I can offer right now, because I'm pretty lost myself.

We are all strong, beautiful woman and we will all make it!

Have a wonderful night!!
Old 04-23-2007, 09:39 PM   #83  
~~Maintainer!~~

S/C/G: 346/186/186

Height: 5' 9"

Hi guys,

Jana, I’m so sorry to hear of what’s happened. It sounds like you are picking up the pieces and moving on. Your weight loss is going great. (I hope you’re eating enough with all of the emotions you’ve been experiencing.) You will be a thin beautiful lady and the old BF will regret the day he lost you.

Hi Linda, Nice weather your way. We’ve been getting it too. Nice sunny days. Have you been able to get back on track today? Your post from yesterday mentioned that you were having some trouble staying on track. Here’s to some for the both of us and anyone else needing it too.

Diana, As sad as it is to think about it, when someone like the SIL brings such pain into our lives, there eventually is a time when we have to decide whether to continue spending time around them. How stressful for you. Great news about your bp Rx, better health is what this is all about (okay that and cuter clothes).

Michelle, You are just dropping those pounds left and right! Great job on doing so well in just 3 weeks!

Cheryl, Congrats on the 3 lbs down and the determination to focus on yourself for a while. That sounds like a well deserved rest for you and DH.

Robbin – good to see you. How’s everything going for you lately?

Tina, I see the scale is moving in the right direction for you. Must be all of that work you’re having to do in the basement.

I started back on full force weight loss on the 18th. Over the weekend, I kept seeing 198/199 on the scales. I didn’t call it on Saturday, because it was fluctuating between 199/200. On Sunday, it was a solid 199, so I officially counted yesterday as the day I reached 199. We went to my Mom’s for lunch yesterday, and I just ate what I wanted and didn’t count calories. I weighed this morning and the scale said 204 (!!). Geez, I was in onederland for a couple of hours at least. Oh well, I’m not changing the darn ticker unless I’m still here next weekend (and I know I WON’T be). Take care everyone!
Old 04-24-2007, 06:31 AM   #84  
rambler

S/C/G: 296/225/170

WOW, sounds like there are some congrats to go out around here! Jana and Tammy making it to onederland! How fabulous! Exciting stuff!! I am jealous and proud for you all at the same time! Keep up the fantastic work ladies

Sorry no time for true personals today, i am way behind on paperwork and we had another death in our church. Our youth minister, 44 years old. Had what we think was a massive heart attack yesterday. It has just sent our world realing again, to say the least!!!! So my time this week is spent between the gotta dos for my kids and work and then spending time with the family and others as we work through another tragic loss.

I had planned on weighing in yesterday morning but with everything that went on never got to it. Maybe Friday morning we'll see. I gotta get my scale back from my friend before i can do anything though!

Congrats again to the onderlanders and the losers all around! Ya'll have a fabulous day and i will hopefully check back later on this week!
Old 04-25-2007, 08:12 AM   #85  
Onward and Downward

Hi gang . . .

Oh wow TAMMY . . . I am so happy for you (and soooooo jealous). Wonderful, onederful . . .

Sorry for your troubles ERIN . . . this too will pass.

That is a very, very true comment JANA . . . we are all strong.

Sorry I was MIA . . . Yesterday turned into a really busy one; just chock full of appointments of various kinds. Got off to a rotten start with a really low blood glucose level, picked up with a great scale reading (more on that later), picked up even further with an earlier booking to get the cataract surgery on the second (right) eye - Monday, April 30; instead of May 9 - so that gives me more healing time before the 'biggie' (the hysterectomy) on June 7, ended with a craving for Habitant French Canadian Pea Soup for dinner ( I really should know better) which culminated this morning at my official WWI with the scale 5 pounds higher than it had been the morning before. Salty canned soup wins again. . . . The thing that really annoys me, of course is that I did it to myself and the surgery on Monday will, no doubt, bloat me up with even more WWW for a further couple of weeks. My poor ticker has been so stuck on the same place for so long already, that the poor old tortoise is beginning to wonder. Oh well . . . I know I will eventually get out of the 30's and into the 20's for real. Only the 'when' is in question.

Anyway, that is definitely enough of my whining. Hope everybody has a great moving and shaking kind of day planned. See you soon . . .
Old 04-25-2007, 10:19 AM   #86  
doinTHEbestIcan

Good Morning Ladies!!!

Tammy, your right it has been very hard to eat right with all that has been going on but things are looking up.

Yes, I'm still crying my eyes out but only by myself, in my room, where no one can see or hear. My heart still hurts like h-e double l. I still think about him all the time and wonder why he has not at least picked up the phone to call me. I never want to go through this again. I never want to fall in love again. I know that sounds bad but this pain is not worth it! My heart is really hurting!

I do have some good news!!! I got out a little yesterday and was able to flirt back with some very cute men and I must say, I forgot how fun flirting can be!!!

The scales were up to 195 this morning but I know that was because I actually ate some food yesterday!! I refuse to change my ticker!! I will get those three pounds back off!!

Luv you ladies lots!! Have a wonderful day!!!
Old 04-25-2007, 01:07 PM   #87  
Mom of 4

S/C/G: 276/230/175

Hey ladies how is every one today?

I know I haven't been around much lately and I am really sorry for that. I have been swampped at work and swampped at home and aggrivated with the scales and aggrivated with my kids and the list goes on and on. I have been very very very very on target with my foods for 3 solid weeks now and did some major "exercising" yard work for 3 solid days Sat, Sun and Mon. and the scales have gone up. They are sitting at 225 today. I am just so...........I don't know..........AAAGGGGHHHH.

Ok sorry to vent.

Check back soon.
Old 04-25-2007, 04:59 PM   #88  
Onward and Downward

Robbin . . . Not to get confused with the old 'saw' about losing fat and gaining muscle . . . but what will happen, for real, when you exercise muscles more, or differently, than usual is that they will take up and retain water for a couple of days . . . this is not usually as easy to see as the kind that is caused by too much sodium, because you don't always get the swollen ankles and fingers from the extra water in the muscle tissues . . . but it does add weight.

Jana . . . Hang in there kid. You scared your body by failing to feed it, so now it will hang on to everything you give it until it figures you are back to fueling it properly. One or two missed meals will not trigger the starvation response, but a week of poor eating will.
Old 04-25-2007, 09:19 PM   #89  

Hi ladies...Just a quick pop in for tonight. Had my eye surgery yesterday and it ended up being more than the doctor thought it would be. Took 30 minutes instead of 10 and I have 5 stitches instead of 2. I hope the cyst and wart never come back, because it wasn't pleasent. Very tender and itches like crazy, but I'm being good and not touching it for now.

Up a pound at my weigh-in today, but had chinese for dinner lastnight and I didn't get my water in yesterday. New week and I'll do better.

Cheryl
Old 04-26-2007, 04:55 PM   #90  
Domestic Engineer

I'm here, I'm here ...My trip was great...11 days is a long time to be traveling, but we had a great time. Then i was sick all last week. This week I have no excuse for not checking in earlier except that I SUCK.
My weight is back up...I do a pretty good job losing when I'm in the right mindset and heaven knows I can gain, lol. Maintaining is so hard for me though! Not good! Something to work on for sure.
I'm ready and back on track though. Have a goal for the end of June when the kids are out of school and we go visit my sister. I know I just need to start running again.

Tammy, I'm soooo happy for you!! Good for you! So inspirational you are

Jana- I'm sorry for the man trouble. I think these things have to happen to make us stronger (((hugs))). There is someone out there for you- hang in there.

Erin- how sad. On another board I'm one a girl just lost her 37 yo husband unexpectedly. Really makes you realize how short life is.

Hope everyone else is doing good. We are getting into a busy season with soccer and other activities for the kids. But I'll have time in the mornings to check in. I know I need the support and it's time for me to get back in the game...
Closed Thread