Old 02-24-2007, 01:25 PM   #1  
CJ
Pending Email Confirmation

S/C/G: 184/172/130

Height: 5'4

Smile NEW GOAL: Thin Wannabee's EASTER Challenge ...

Well our Valentine’s Day challenge is over and we need to start a new mini goal. Another small goal towards our big goal of the year (Christmas/2007). There is 6 full weeks left till Easter so let’s make this our next challenge! Let’s get losing!

Please check in at least once a week with your progress - if you have a loss, or are the same, or "gained" (remember, confession is good for the soul) ... whatever your goal is just check in and let us all know how you are doing.

You can make your goal anything you want. If you don't want to set a number to lose, but just want to make better choices foodwise or get into a healthy habit - post with us. We welcome anyone! WE CAN DO THIS!!!!!!!

Here's my Easter goals:

1) Continue my Curves 5 days a week
2) Continue to walk 3-5 miles at least 3 times weekly (or more)
3) drink at least 80 oz water or more every day
4) hopefully .. lose at least 5 lbs! (That would put me at 171 – but I’m going to stretch it and try for 169)!

Good luck everyone!

CJ
Thin Wannabee’s Moderator

Last edited by CJ; 02-24-2007 at 01:36 PM.
CJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2007, 04:04 PM   #2  

Default I love this "Easter" goal idea

Hello, I'm band new to this. I want to lose some weight (to be honest with you I'm afraid to weigh myself) does anyone else have this phobia. 6 weeks to Easter sounds motivating. Nikki
nicholad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 06:57 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 220/170/158

Height: 5'9"

I am in! I want 7 pounds by then! More if possible! I cheat too much lately tho I will do it!

Becky
aprincessj00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 08:35 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Hi CJ,
This is such a neat idea!! I'll jump in for 10 pounds gone by Easter!!

Good luck to everyone in the challenge! Karen
Karen31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 04:57 PM   #5  
*I will reach my goal*

S/C/G: 250/208/130

Height: 5'1''

Smile count me in!

I am a nw registered user to this site and i want to lose 10 pounds by easter! I know its astretch and maybe its a little to high of a goal but im gonna do it!!
TiaMarie23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 10:11 AM   #6  

Good Morning!
Well, the scales were a little bit nice to me this morning! I did lose 1 pound for the week. So that leaves me 9 more to go for Easter! I'm still doing the WATP's and doing the 3 Mile Super Fat Burn, the 2 Mile High Calorie Burn and the 1 mile Get Up and Get Started everyday for a total of 6 miles each day. I think it's working! Karen
Old 03-04-2007, 12:37 AM   #7  
You can do it!

S/C/G: 145/141/125

Height: 5'8

Hmmm...I have about a month left before Easter. My first instinct was to say that was not enough time to lose any weight (such an exscuse would provide me with an easy out!). Easy outs permits weight to come in, so I will not go with my initial inclination. Instead I will strive to lose 5 pounds by Easter. That should be an obtainable goal since my current weight of 145 is because of no exercise or diet regulations.

Yesterday, someone guessed that I went to the gym 3-4 times a week. In reality, I never go to the gym. Comments such as these have convinced me that I do not need to work out. I need to have a new attitude! Comments like these should convince me that if I work out I can have a killer body and be way healthier! I am planning to have a baby soon. I need to step it up!

slapacka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 08:55 AM   #8  
HJC

S/C/G: 232/232/160

Height: 5'10"

Sounds like a great challenge. I would like to be down 10 lbs by Easter. Starting this a little late so I will stick to my goals of 1-2lbs a week. My goal is to start exercising regularly again with weights 3 times a week and getting on my Gazelle 3-4 times a week for 45 mins. And, of course, quit eating everything in sight!!
HJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 01:56 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 300.4/233/175

Height: 5'8"

Default My 1st online challenge!

I am in! I want to lose 10lbs by Easter. I want to contine to stay on track with LAWL and stepping up my walking. Go me!
ElleofALady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 02:59 PM   #10  

Hi Letisha, This is my first online challenge too! I think it makes it fun and really keeps you motivated.

HJC, to you too!! Do you like your Gazelle? I have a Ab lounge that I'm using and I really like it for crunches. My back isnt' so good and this lets me do them.

Slapacka I know we can do this--- We just have to keep on believing!

TiaMarie23, Becky and Nikki, I think we have all set very doable goals and with some work and lots of we should all be able to get to our Easter goals. I've been using the Walk Away The Pounds videos with Leslie Sansone and I really like them. Right now I'm doing the 3 mile, then the 2 mile and then the 1 mile everyday ( for a total of 6 miles) Yesterday I bought some 1 1/2 pound wrist weights and started using them with the 1 mile today. And I hope to add the workouts to my day that came with the wrist weights for toning. I can't say that this has been my favorite things to do but I really am enjoying doing the workouts now.

Good Luck to everyone and I'll look forward to hearing how all of you are doing. Karen
Old 03-04-2007, 04:01 PM   #11  
HJC

S/C/G: 232/232/160

Height: 5'10"

Karen31, Thanks for your welcome. I have been on this site for two days and I am so excited to get started and actually feeling good about myself. I love the Gazelle. This is my second one. I used the first one so much that it pooped out on me. I lost a lot of weight with my first one and I plan to lose everything I have gained back on the second one. For weights, I do the FIRM. They are great videos and they work with all levels. It hurts when you first start the videos (something I'm not looking forward to) but the results are amazing!
HJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 11:10 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 220/170/158

The scale was good to me Friday saying I was down 2 pounds, but not after the girl scout cookies I couldn't resist!!!!!!!!!! This weekend was not good at all, but I am back on track today... so far! I am quiting smoking tomorrow and so scared I will gain the weight back! Going to fight it tho!
aprincessj00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 03:18 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 205/208/150

Default 10 pounds!

Because I'm just getting started and I know sometimes comes off faster at the beginning, I'm going to go for 10 pounds by Easter. I'll have to beef up my exercise routine, but it feels like Spring--that's always a motivator.
Connie
connjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 11:24 AM   #14  
Taking It A Day At A Time

I thought I would join you, but since I had not been posting missed most of the time. So now we only have 3 weeks till Easter. So my goal will be just to keep on trying to get more weight I want to lose off. Get back on track, make healthy smart choices, drink my water, and exercise at Curves, on my exercise bike, with my Walk Aerobics video's or just walk.

I guess the next one we will have will be the Memorial Day Challenge so I will be on board for that one. I think that is the next holiday.

connjohn-It does feel like spring, yesterday it was 80 in Indiana, so this weather will really help us along with our exercise plan.

aprincess-Good for you quitting smoking, you will feel so much better. Best of luck to you, you will do great.

HJC-The Gazelle sounds like fun, I have heard of it and that is amazing that you wore the 1st one out. That just shows that you have been doing everything right in the exercise department.

Karen-I too use the Walk Away The Pounds/Leslie Sansone tapes and I have like so many, maybe 25 of them or more. I just love her and it makes walking fun too.

Leticia-What is LAWL? It must be like WATP, Walk Away The Pounds. Fill me in. Hope you do great in your goal.

slapacka-You go girl, get into that gym, you will feel so much better for it. Than you will be healthier and a great start for when you get pregnant.

TiaMarie-Welcome and the best of luck with your weight loss goal. YOU CAN DO THIS!

nicholad-Oh my gosh I sure don't have that problem, in fact I think I might weigh myself too much. Don't be afraid to step on the scale, the scale can be your friend, especially when it goes your way. Good Luck!

CJ-Thanks for starting this challenge, we need this. I don't have too much time for this one, but the Memorial Day one I will be here. You are doing so well on going to Curves. It is fun isn't it there? You meet the nicest ladies there. I know you will do well with your goal.

Good Luck To All!

Sassy
Sassy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 02:49 AM   #15  
chrischick

S/C/G: 204/192/140

Height: 5' 1"

I'm so up for the Easter challenge. We are visiting my in-laws for Easter, and let's just say that I married into a family of skinny-minnies. The sad thing is that they eat whatever they want. I would like to lose 10 lbs before we see them again. Even though it may not be the perfect motivation, it is my motivation for the time being. I am excited to have a mini-goal. I haven't actually made mini-goals yet. I guess I'm just too focused on the overall goal.

Okay, so I need to bump up my workouts. I didn't work out today--I woke up with a killer head cold. Hopefully it will be better tomorrow. Okay, here we go!!
chrischick is offline   Reply With Quote