Closed Thread

Old 03-28-2007, 03:23 PM   #16  
ugggg.....

Tina--mine has a problem shopping for car parts and motorcycles--he is in the process of buying a second one which will be delivered to the port of Baltimore. The first we picked up ourselves from Sioux Falls SD, in February and got stuck in the middle of a snow/ice storm from Indiana all the way home!! He already had a Harley and a Victory before he bought the 1st one--how many bikes does the man need!!! I keep telling me he is going to have to put an electric start on the Harley and teach me to ride it solo!!

Cristina--you know we will want to see pictures!! Glad Ernie didn't have to get his teeth pulled. You have been one busy lady!!

Tammy--scary stuff all the robberies..you stay safe!!

Jane--I started carrying a small supply of my Allegra and vitamins in a Advil bottle with my Advil for those days I am halfway to work and realize I didn't take them--I am just NOT a morning person!!

Sue--my hubby is Jerry Lyn, his sister is Crystal Lynn & DD is Teri Lynne.

Pink Jane--the sky looks like it's going to rain here!!

Sassy--hope you are having a good day!!

Well break times almost over--hi to everyone else!!

PS to Jodi--I may join you in being an Avon lady--the girl that has been doing it at the company I work for is going to Maine--her husband has just been transferred. She is trying to get in touch with her district leader to give me info on getting started.
Old 03-28-2007, 03:50 PM   #17  
I work with germs!!

Height: 5'2"

Good Day Ladies!!

Jane--We are having wonderful weather here in Maryland. Broke a record yesterday with temp in the 80's. I hear you with forgetting the Vit. I take several asthma meds twice a day (with my asthma well controlled) and never forget, but that dang vitamin just never seems to get in the mix of drugs when I take them!

Cristina--Yes, my kitchen is finally done. I'm thrilled. Just needed a few corrections done today. It was a breeze. Now that the hype of that remodel is over, I'm dying to do something else. I can't believe that you are almost done putting things away!! You must be working around the clock!

Pink Jane--How long is hubby away when he is on the road? Gotta be hard at times. My dh only travels once in a while and we are like the mice when the cat is away!

Sassy--I hope you are doing better sweetie. I know that you are having a rough time. Sorry to hear about your FIL.

Sue--I need you to come and boot me in the butt to get motivated with exercise. I just sigh when I read about all you do!

Michelle--Happy Belated Birthday...hope it was great!!

Tina--So you have a shopping hubby too!! My dh loves to shop. He has more clothes than me!! Bad weather weekends are expensive for us because we shop instead of him golfing.

Mindee--Girl, you better pause for one second and let us all know the minute you are on the way to the hospital. Now remember I said, one second, before you leave. We don't need you birthing that baby while you are typing!!

Big hugs to everyone I missed!!

As I said to Cristina, I'm on a roll with remodeling. I just got an approval from our home owners association to replace our sidelights on the front door with decorative lead glass. I ran into the painter that I use when I went to a meeting at the hospital this morning (he is really employed at the hospital that I work) and told him that I still want him to paint my living and dining rooms this spring. I just need to figure out a color. After all that is done, I will have maxed out my dh's bonus check this year!!

Update on the bank robbery...the robber shot a cop, but only in the leg and he has already been released from the hospital but the idiot robber wouldn't listen to the cops when they tried to apprehend and they killed him!

I'm off to dance tonight. Hopefully I dance and burn up more calories than I eat at the buffet. Hope everyone has a wonderful night!
Old 03-28-2007, 04:13 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 205.5/158.50/132

Height: 5'7"

Jules~ Does your DH know who Brian Clock is? He assembles bikes. Just curious. My DH's family is all from Sioux Falls, SD. Yes it can get crazy cold there. Luckily we aren't into bikes. They scare ME. haha! I'm sure I would biff it.

Tammy ~ I know...mine wants me to buy him stuff and he likes to buy anything. Old/New...big/small....edible or non...whatever. He lovesssss Costco. I pretty much don't allow him to go there. haha
Old 03-28-2007, 04:26 PM   #19  

Hello Everyone!!! I think I may have found a spot where I can find daily support...I have been here over the years - on and off...I spent a bit of time on another website but realized that it wasn't quite what I was looking for - so I am back again!!! I am up to a 53 pound loss - 13 more to go...I hope...I am the kind of person that loves to communicate and stay in touch with others. I am a mom of three, teacher, and wife....I have the stress that goes with it too - so sometimes I get real discouraged but mostly I try to stay on track - it seems like I will never make it to goal and once I do I will gain it back like I did last time. So I am fighting the looking back syndrome and just focusing on the future. How many of there are you? How is your journey going? I hope it is ok to jump in - I know it can be hard to get to know a new person once you have been posting for awhile.... i enjoy talking about life in general too not just the weight loss part... Well before I babble all about me I would love to hear how everyone else is!!! Thanks for listening!!!
Old 03-28-2007, 05:31 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 205/193/155

Jules- don't expect to make much money unless you get into leadership or you really are pushy. Of course if you can get into a factory or office where a lot of women work you might be able to do well. I think at least around here, they have the market saturated and most people would rather just pick up stuff at Walmart. If Avon has deals, the prices aren't bad... I love the products, but I barely make enough money off of it to cover the price of the products I want.
When I was in leadership though I made a lot of money, but you can't make your team sell and that was my biggest problem with that. It was a lot of stress.
Good luck though, if you are a salesperson you should be able to do great. Me... I just am not a good salesperson.
Old 03-28-2007, 06:17 PM   #21  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

TY All!

Thanks Jane for the info as well!

Old 03-28-2007, 08:46 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 240/172/165

Height: 5'2"

Good Evening Ladies

It's been a grey day here...I want the sun back!!...we got some rain last nite but no T'storms luckily...Hubby just called and has a run toward Chicago...at least it's the right direction LOL...I just did my 60 mins on the treadmill and now I need to make my dinner...Have a Great Evening Everyone

Jane - Thanks for the websites

Tina - I just love it there, I keep telling Hubby we need to move to Florida

Tammy - He comes home 2 days a month, I'm trying to get my son(he'll be 21 this year) to get his driver's license so I can go out in the truck, I'm getting tired of still having to be the taxi service LOL

Pink Jane
Old 03-28-2007, 10:22 PM   #23  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

Quick good evening to you all. I did manage to dodge the rain long enough to walk 1 mile and ride the bike just under a mile. Not as much as I wanted, but better than not getting out there at all. AND it was cold...brr.

I did get Baby to the vet and Mom to the bank...not reversed. Baby got 2 shots and was sore. She gave Mom the cold shoulder all day...came and sat on me. (Mom held her for the shots and we think she was pi**ed off) She is such a stinker. They smartest dog I have ever been around though.

Got laundry done..AGAIN. Otherwise I did curl up in sweats with a book...Mary Higgens Clark. Baked a pie for Mom and DH...apple, which I don't like. Method to my madness.

Welcome 3mom....yes, just join in.
Old 03-29-2007, 12:42 AM   #24  
starting over again......

S/C/G: 261.4/261.4/200

Height: 5'4"

Sue~ My aunt, my mom’s sister, has Lyn as her middle name, and since she is my godmother we figured it would sound right with Marissa.

Jane~ Sorry about that….GBS stands for Group B Strep test. Good luck with remembering to take your vitamin!

Tina~ I can do that! If I am away from here for a couple of days, without warning ahead of time, then you all will know why. We actually sat down and discussed Brandon’s birthday party. We are planning on doing it the day before his birthday, but if I should happen to go into labor that weekend, there will be a note on the invitation saying that if I go into labor that weekend, the party will be a week or two later. I am sure every one will understand.

Tammy~ You are not the only one with that. Tommy’s brother Tim always says that if it wasn’t for bad luck, he wouldn’t have any luck at all. That does sound weird though that both of those places were robbed. Do the police think it was the same robbers?
Cristina~ I had to laugh a second ago when I started to type to you. I started to type in Ernie instead of your name. Have you ever thought about getting another dog and naming him Bert? LOL

Tammy~ You mean I can’t type and push at the same time? Darn! LOL

3mom~ Welcome to the group! I look forward to getting to know you better! Just jump on in! Great job on your weight loss!! Keep up the good work.

Hello to all my ladies that I have missed. How are you all doing?
Old 03-29-2007, 01:00 AM   #25  

Height: 5'1"

Good Evening Ladies!!

Sorry I've been out of touch the last couple days. Had time w/my girl and that is top priority. I even called in a day at work to get some extra time....the fact that she wasn't feeling the greatest helped make that decision.

Oh goodness....I don't know if I can get everyone but I'll try........

Sue--What kind of dog do you have? We just took our boy in to the vet for teeth cleaning and he had 4 teeth pulled!! FOUR!! Can you believe that? Considering last year he had FIVE! Poor thing. Pretty soon he'll have none. Congrats' on losing 4lbs!! How great is that??? Keep up the great work!

PinkJane--I've been wanting to up my time on my treadmill to 60mins, but it just hasn't happened. I just up my speed. Eventually I'll get an hour in. I think my first goal will be 45mins. Keep up the good work!

Sassy--Many hugs for you! I'm so sorry about your kitty. Pets our like our kids. More hugs your way!

Jodi--I would be a horrible salegirl. I don't like to try and sell things to anyone especially if you know they're not interested.

Tammy--Come on over to Oregon when we get the house. It needs some remodeling done. It's pretty dated. It was built in '57 and you can tell in some area's. But it's really worth it and hubby and I will enjoy making it our own place.

3mom--Hello and Welcome to our group! Happy to have you here! Congratulations on 57lbs lost so far! That's fantastic!! And w/only 13lbs to go, you'll be there in no time. You've got a great attitude......stick around so some of that can rub off on me!

Jules--You know....boys are just that...boys. And they need as many toys as they can possibly get. I didn't realize you owned Harleys too. Now...don't you have classic cars or do you just attend car shows? I'm looking forward to summer and the cruises.....so much fun!

Tina--Congrats for getting close to the 20 mark!! That's great! I've only lost 16lbs so far. I've really slowed down in the losing department. But I've also got sidetracked w/finding a house and haven't been working out as much as I should be. I'll get back on track soon though....don't want to start gaining it all back.

Cristina--Are you all moved in yet? We've started packing some things here. Not really packing packing....more like tossing things out packing. We have a LOT of junk!! Good Will shall be receiving lots of our stuff here in the next few weeks.

Jane--I'm still wanting to do a scrapbook on my weightloss....just no time. I've got only time for cleaning up and going through stuff. Hopefully once we move (I say this even though I'm not sure if it's officially our yet...but pretty sure it will be) I can get settled and do some crafts.

Mindee--Did I tell you that your due date is my son's birthday? He'll be 18 on April 30th. So it's a good day to have a baby! I like the name you chose. It flows really nicely. Think you'll make it to the end of April or will she arrive early???

Michelle--If you're browsing in our area....Happy Belated Birthday. I've been so busy w/things this last weekend I haven't had the chance to stop in and wish you a good day. Hope you had a good one.

Hello to all the other gals out there!! Sorry if I missed you....I will do better next time.

Ok....I think I better hit the showers.
You all have a good night!
Old 03-29-2007, 02:45 AM   #26  
starting over again......

S/C/G: 261.4/261.4/200

Height: 5'4"

Michelle~ Happy belated birthday!

Marti~ Nope, I don't think you mentioned that my due date was your son's birthday. As for when I think she will come....it is hard to say. I wouldn't be surprised if she came before her due date, and I wouldn't be surprised if she came after her due date. personally, I don't think I will make it until the end of April.
Old 03-29-2007, 10:17 AM   #27  
Quit smoking 2/26/07

Height: 4' 11"

This is a drive-by posting

Today is the 4th day at the new job: McDonalds

Still not neither gaining or losing

spent 2 hours

DD turned 16 & got her permit

Having a streak of bad luck with things breaking lately: plumbing, T.V.s, dental-related, cell phones...(It's some karma-thing, 'cause we both got new jobs...I just know it )

HAVE A GREAT DAY LADIES! I'll have time to catch up with everyone tomorrow take care.
Old 03-29-2007, 11:44 AM   #28  
GmaTo8

What a beautiful day! I intend to spend as much of it as possible outside. Have a good one, and I'll try to bbl.
Old 03-29-2007, 11:58 AM   #29  

S/C/G: 205.5/158.50/132

Height: 5'7"

I need a cyberparty! I lost 20 pounds TODAY! I couldn't believe it and didn't expect it but I hit 185.5 this morning.

I still have 50 more but it feels now like I've lost a substantial amount and it gives me more motivation to keep it going. I told Jen about this but i'm meeting with The Dr. Platt's office the week after Easter. Actually I get bloodwork done the day after Easter sunday and meet with the doctor on Tuesday. I'll let you all know how that goes. I want to know how to keep this weight off when I lose it all. I've lost weight more than once and I always gained more weight everytime. This last time I went up 24 pounds higher than I started the last time. But you know what? I'm not going to focus on that.

Jen ~ make sure your DD gets a lot of practice with her permit. I had my DS drive me all over. Even in LA traffic when we would go down there!

Mindee~ you could have your baby girl on my anniversary....April 12th. It's a nice date!

3mom~ You've already lost 57? Wow! Amazing! Well, this is a great group here! Fun stuff! Welcome aboard!!!!

Marti~ No worries ~ as long as you are not gaining you are still in the ballgame. I'm sure once things get settled you'll be moving it down again!

PinkJane~ You need to get that son of yours a license! You deserve a BREAK from being the TAXI driver! Wow....

I want to address EVERYONE ~ but I'm celebrating today....with Salmon! I want to keep this weight rollin' off. I'm expecting TOM in a couple days too so I have to enjoy this while it lasts...hahaha I hope everyone is doing well. If not ~ send me a note and I'll try to perk you up....

Tina
Old 03-29-2007, 12:45 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 248/223/130

(((((Tina))))))!!Congratulations on the 20 lbs! I am so happy for you. there's one thing i'm going to do when i get all this weight off,and that is to continue to eat healthy.I want to not only to be thin but firstly i want to be healthy and hopefully that will help me maintain my goal.
I have 3 tae bo workouts in this week ,so i think today i will try the exercise bike to mix it up a little. I really want to have a loss by the end of march ,soi'll get a good start for aprils challenge.have a great day everyone.
Closed Thread