Closed Thread

Old 03-20-2007, 09:34 AM   #16  
Losing it!

Debbi, please come this direction and spring clean for me too...it has been forever since my house was all clean in one shot! I use to schedule time to take one full day and clean...not so now. The candle factory sounds interesting and fun!

Suzy, I am so, so very sorry to hear about Sadie. Shelties are such wonderful and loyal companions. It is so hard losing a pet, they become a member of the family so quickly. Prayers sent sweetie in that you find peace knowing Sadie is at rest now and not suffering.
I do not miss the store at all! Just the customers. My last day, the assistant manager on, couldn't even tell me goodbye or good luck. Reaffirmed part of the reason why I was quitting, they are so self centered.

Sher, how is MIL? Can she remember way in her past but her short term memory is lost? Is it possible once she is out of the hospital, that your FIL could stay with her too, in the assisted living facility?

Melinda, welcome!!! You sound like you truly fall in love with your pets. They are very fortunate to get you as an owner.

To all the other Floozies, have a GREAT OP DAY! I did really good until last night. We had things come up and we had a rush meal of leftovers and misc. instead a planned meal.
Old 03-20-2007, 10:14 AM   #17  
Bikini Dreader

S/C/G: 141/120/120

Height: 5'3''

I'm sorry to hear that things are not going well for some of you. You are in my thoughts.

Things are ok with me, nothing too exciting and really it has not been a good start to the week but I figure it can only get better from here! I am desperately trying to stay on track but since it is that TOM the cravings are out of control. I definitely had a few more calories than I needed last night. Oops. Well today is a new day and I feel satisfied right now so that's a good sign. Yesterday the hunger was unbearable!

I wish everyone a great day!
Old 03-20-2007, 10:27 AM   #18  

Good Mornin'

Suzy....I'm so sorry to hear about Sadie.Losing a pet is like losing a family member. I hope each day the pain gets easier for you. Are you thinking about getting another pet? I know it won't take the place of Sadie but may help with your sadness. BIG HUGS!!

Lynne....I love Yankee candles! So does my hubby! He loves candles more then me! Were they cheaper there? What a neat 2 day getaway! Thanks for the info about meds.I'll mention it to the doctor. That's so cool about your neighbor! BTW:I'm on Spring break too!!

Melinda...Thanks for the post about your GF. It is so sad and it's nice to know we have people we can talk to that knows what we're going through.Thanks!

Gayle....
My FIL will never leave his house or stop driving. We have tried several times to take away the keys.He's so stubborn! He's 81,has cancer of the lungs,wheezes all the time and can bearly walk.He's going to kill himself or someone else.But you can't tell him anything. He is a faithful member of his church for 45 years and used to never say a bad word but now he's getting where he says little curse words a lot! I guess when you're 81 you're entitled to! Do you still enjoy your new job like you thought you would? Do miss the store a little? How's Allison?

Shelley...Thanks for the prayers.You're a sweetie. How's school going this year? I'm still split between the two schools. Next year they will add 2 more to me! The attendance have really gotten bad in Metro.

Where is DEE????????????????????? Did she decide not to come back???? I sure miss her!!!

I've got to get ready to go to the hospital but wanted to give an update on MIL:

She has pneumonia now.The dcotor said that she went down hill fast.Her eyes roll back into the back of her head a lot. She's not talking much now.The doctor said she wouldn't live past a few months. Bless her heart.She's so sweet. But like Wayne said....Let the good Lord take her now and be in peace then to suffer like this.
I guess I was lucky person.I have the best In-laws in the world. I love them both so much.

Keep prayers coming.....Love to all...
Old 03-20-2007, 11:06 AM   #19  
Losing it!

Sorry to hear such sad news Sher... all you guys can have is hope and with that, miracles can happen. I agree with Wayne, if it is time for her to go, then let her go now instead of suffering. Did the doctor refer the family to Hospice? It is a wonderful organization and can help so much with care and questions the family may have. They concentrate on the family as a unit, not just the patient. If you want more info I can send it to you. The family doesn't even need to be referred by a physician, the only requirement is that she has been diagnosed with a life expency of 6 months or less. They also offer bereavment support which may be comforting for Wayne.
Is FIL on oxygen? Sounds like he is a go-getter!
Also, if I could please have your email, I found an article you may be interested in.
I am not missing the store at all and YES! I do like my new position in life. 3/4 of my clients have dementia, it is challenging, but also very rewarding.
Old 03-21-2007, 02:54 PM   #20  
Cause I'm worth it!!!!

S/C/G: 202/See Ticker/130

Height: 5"6

hey everyone ! Im back sorry I was sick and then my grandfather died and I have been in chicago , but i ok everythings alright. I know I gained weight in chicago, I mean the food isnt exactly terrible , if youve ever been to chicago you know what I mean. gotta do something. xoxox
Old 03-21-2007, 04:00 PM   #21  

Talking

Amy--so glad you're back!! I know what you mean about the food in Chicago! Man I wish I had a slice of pizza! Or a hot dog... Or a fresh gyro.... ummmmmm....... I think I'll shut up now! How's your mom?

Debbi--how's spring break? Gettin a lot of work done? I'm on "break" too this week, but since I only have class on Tuesday night it's not that much different! I have actually been PLEASURE reading, though! Makes me feel almost guilty!

Gayle, how are the new shoes doing?

Shelley--how've you been doing? I notice you've been replying to everyone else, but been kind of silent about yourself...... Would a stylish secretary wear Danskos if they had a nice, expensive, ugly matching purse? See, you didn't think anyone noticed that, didja?

Suzy, so sorry to hear about Sadie. I really feel for you. I know you'll miss her, because those animals are family--I don't care what anyone says, my cat is my CHILD!!!!!

Melinda, I'm so glad you found your way to our group! I consider all of these great ladies my friends, and I'm sure that you'll love them as much as I do! Even if some of them (gayle) are little sometimes!!!!

Bikini dreader--remind me of your name, please? I'm glad you're here, too!

Sherry, my dear, sweet co-mod! I hate it that your MIL is so sick. How is Wayne handling this? Does he have any sibs that are able to help out?

Dee, darlin', I sure am READY for our PRINCESS to come back. Things just aren't the same around here without you.

Also, has anyone heard from JANICE lately? She seems pretty scarce around these parts...... Janice? Come out, come out, wherever you are!!!!
Old 03-21-2007, 04:09 PM   #22  

Hey amiga, Guess who is back? It's me Dee, your long lost Amiga.
I made it back early monday morning. I am trying to get into the grove of things here. My internet was just got reconnected yesterday afternoon.
I sure have a lot of catching up to do with you girls. I did manage to read this thread.

Sherry I am glad to see you are here with us. You must have remembered about when I was coming home. Thanks for not forgetting about me.Sorry to hear about your dear MIL.

Gayle so you quit the liquior store. Are you working full time hair dressing or do you have another job?

Lynne I am glad that you were able to have a little get away. It sure is nice to get a break from the hum-drum of home life.

Suzy I understand how sad you must be feeling. When I lost my little Suzy ten years ago I was heart broken. I still feel sad and miss her, you love those little creates with all your heart and they love you back unconditionally.

Debbi spring cleanning is exactly what I am going to do until I can get outdoors and enjoy nice weather. It is going to be awhile before I see green grass again. Cleanning will help pass the time.

Shelley how is it going? I didn't read to much about you on this thread so I will have to go back and see what I can dig up on you.

Vouge sorry to hear about your Grandpa. Don't worry about the weight gain we will help you get back on track.

Allison Happy Belated birthday. I am happy to hear that you had a good day. Don't you hate getting older though?

Melinda welcome to our lovely group. I am looking forward to getting to know you.
Old 03-21-2007, 04:12 PM   #23  

Hey Cheryl we must have been posting at the same time.....I was wondering where you were at. I don't think that I noticed a post from you on this thread. Enjoy your spring break, read those books for fun. You need a break.
Old 03-22-2007, 08:44 AM   #24  
Janice

Suzy - I can feel your sorrow. We got our pets all at the same time when we moved to our own house. Over the years they have been passing away from old age. Both my dogs are 14. Sheba is not well, she can't see much and panics now when she can't find me. I have to give her tranquilizers (sp) when I leave the house. My dogs are my babies ( since Amanda doesn't have any grandchildren for me) I take each day as a gift at this point.
I hope Sadie didn't suffer at the end. My prayers go out to you.
Sherry - Hope your MIL is better, Debbi is right the meds that they have now are amazing. They can't reverse what has already happened but they seem to stop it from progressing for quite a while.
Gayle - Having fun with the "golden Oldies" or should I say silver oldies.
I adore old folks. I work in an old age home, they have so much wisdom to share if you just take the time to listen.
I have been spring cleaning for the past two weeks. Where does all that stuff come from. And what about that dust and cobwebs?
Hello to everyone else.
Vouge - where are you??
Old 03-22-2007, 08:44 AM   #25  
Janice

Shelley - I did change my email address, I forgot to change it here. I did now!
Old 03-22-2007, 11:29 AM   #26  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Good morning everyone!!! Just popping in to say hi and stay in touch. Have a great day!
Old 03-22-2007, 02:34 PM   #27  
Kalamazoo Girl

S/C/G: 152.6/135.0/125.0

Height: 5'4"

Hi Everyone!!!

Just popping in for a quick hi! I have sooo much to say but it's been a crazy day. Good news (sort of): got my labs back this afternoon-TSH still too high and dr. has upped my meds to double the dose! This is good news because I've been waiting for some energy to get into the gym and start kicking this weight to the curb!

Anyway, this thread is just fab-expect me to ask a lot of questions to get caught up w/things!

Have a wonderful day all!!!!! Oh, and thanks for the welcome from everyone! Cheryl-mostly thanks to you and you know why!

Melinda
Old 03-23-2007, 06:01 AM   #28  

Sorry I haven't posted much. I have just been in a funk, what with Mike still not working and I had a problem with my boss. We have sort of made up, but I still feel uncomfortable at work, even after being there for 9 years. I'm not sure what is going to happen. She told me yesterday that she doesn't want to lose me. I would love to find an office manager job not in the school District, but that pays enough to cover what I make between bookkeeping and daycare. It would be wonderful. I am just having a tough time right now. I love each and everyone of you, so don't think I'm leaving here. I just need to help myself right now.

Dee-The Princess has arrived! I'm so glad you're back.

Sherry-My dad sounds like your FIL. I don't know what he would do if he couldn't drive anymore. Still sending prayers to you and yours.

Everyone I haven't mentioned-Have a great day and I love everyone!
Old 03-23-2007, 09:38 AM   #29  
Janice

Just popping in to say HI!!
Have a great day everyone.

Old 03-23-2007, 10:07 AM   #30  

Hello

Just a quick post to say hi before I go to hospital. They drained 74 mlg of fluid yesterday off MIL lungs & outside of lungs. She's not doing good. My FIL picked her casket out yesterday.So sad...

Dee....I'm sooooooooo happy you're back!!!! Tell us all about your trip!! I missed you!!!!!!!

Shelley....Here's a BIG HUG for you!!!! Thought maybe you needed one.Love ya!!!
Closed Thread