Closed Thread

Old 03-15-2007, 10:57 PM   #16  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

Another busy day...just breezing through here. I keep wondering when I am going to find those hours I lost...?? Jet Lag is no picnic.
Had to vacuum today and finish cleaning. Then the dreaded grocery shopping. To add insult to injury they had my favorite store torn up for a re-model. Hey, they didn't ask me..... It was a mess to find anything, so I went to still another store. Took me all afternoon. Came home and made chili, so we had a late dinner.
Grey's was a new one tonight. Yay!

Keep on keeping on ladies....Talk tomorrow
Old 03-16-2007, 12:30 AM   #17  
starting over again......

S/C/G: 261.4/261.4/200

Height: 5'4"

hello ladies!!! how are you all doing?

well, we went to the ultrasound and the baby is doing great! Everything is where it should be and the baby is growing perfectly. At 33w4d, the baby is already weighing in at 4lbs. 14oz. And, as you can tell from my siggy.........the baby is a GIRL! Thank you for all the pink thinking girls!

I have been beside myself since I saw the ultrasound. The ultrasound tech thought it was funny because she was showing me the girl parts, and I couldn't tell what gender she was, let alone what/where I was looking. I told the ultrasound tech "I don't see it" so then she put the cursor on the screen and started to circle it, and it hit me then. I was too busy looking for a winky sticking out that it never dawned on me that if nothing was there then it was a girl! I got two profile pictures and a "money" shot. She would not take her hand away from her face so that we could get a clear shot of her profile, so in both pictures she has her hand by her head. She has HUGE feet!

Sorry to cut this short, but I will be back tomorrow for personals!
Old 03-16-2007, 10:20 AM   #18  

Height: 5'1"

Hurray for a little girl!!!

Happy for you Mindee! (and Tommy)

So.....what are we gonna name her???

I'm off to work early. Finally got more supplies and they're checking my numbers today. (They better have enough....I'm fasting and if I don't get coffee soon...................)

Catch w/you all later on tonight!
Old 03-16-2007, 10:51 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 205/193/155

Marti- Hope you were able to get your bloodwork today. Hope you are feeling better.

Mindee- yeahhhh having a little girl is fun... UNTIL! That is until they go into middle school, turn 11 and totally drive you insane. And believe me, it's not getting easier! LOL Mine is getting ready to turn 14 in May and she has developed a mouth on her that might not allow her to see 14!

Cristina- goodness girl! you are taking this packing thing seriously- LOL. Don't wear yourself out packing cause you have to UNPACK all that stuff. :-) That pict I sent you was from November- dang my hair looked good that day. Now I just pull it back, which is how it was on my avatar. I keep thinking I may be able to lose 3-4 lbs if I got it cut- lol. I have always wanted it long and never had the patience to grow it out. I haven't had it cut in 2 yrs, and it's only about an inch short of being able to donate it to Locks for Love.

Ammama- thanks for the recipe. I am trying to find a way to get my family to eat more veggies and they are easily fooled- lol if I can mask something and make it taste good. If they can see it, they want no part in it. And the worst one is my HUSBAND!!! I wasn't sure how you cooked the eggplant to use it like lasagna so this helps me!!!

Sue- hope you are getting over your jet lag and getting back into the swing of things.

Hello to: Jules, Tina[/COLOR]Amy,JaneTammyand anyone else I have forgotten. Will be off to work in a bit for a dvd job and then to deliver Avon. Not a busy day- yeeeaahhh Have a good day girls.
Old 03-16-2007, 11:10 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 205.5/158.50/132

Height: 5'7"

Hey everyone! I'm just checking in on this B E A Utiful day! The sun is out and it's a puuuuurfect day for cruisin' in the convertable top down! (not mine the cars...wink)

Ok..I'm so close to reaching my next small goal of being in the 180's. I've been doing really well lately. Totally avoiding the FAST food and sugar! Huge deal for me. That's ALL I used to eat...fast food and sugar. haha! Oh and I am drinking my water....again something I never did before. Wow. I"ll do individuals later....

Tina

p.s....Mindee! Congrats on the news of a baby GIRL! I have 2 not so baby girls and mother daughter relationships can be the most beautiful complicated ones ever. And when they are little I think they are a blast! Yeahhhhhh!
Old 03-16-2007, 02:28 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 248/223/130

Hi everyone.Hope you are all having a great day!I know mindee is!Congrats on the baby girl.!! Its a beautiful spring day and i cleaned and painted some windows today.i love it when spring starts approaching.
Old 03-16-2007, 09:00 PM   #22  
GmaTo8

Hiya Ladies, let's see if I can catch up....

Marti - hope you're feeling better. Seems like you've been sick a lot lately... have you been taking your vitamins???? Don't make me come out there, lol.

Sue - yikes, the Indiana weather went from low 80s to the 20s and I'm about to freeze to death! So did you get your hair cut? Yeah, I really liked Grey's, too. Did you watch the new show after it, Ocober Road? I thought that one has potential.

Mindee - WOOHOO!! Uh, I think "Janie" is a good name.

Tammy - my shoulder is a lot better, so I won't need to go to the doc. This "getting older" stuff is for the birds! All these weird aches and pains. Reminds me of a card I sent my friends that said "Getting older is like being inside a haunted house. Lots of sounds and smells you just can't explain." Ain't it the truth! Yay for 1/2 price cabinet pulls - can't do much better than that. Myrtle Beach? I've seen others' vacation pics from there, and it looks fabulous! Can I come, too?

Tina - cool car! Now you keep your top up, Missy!

Jodi - oh my gosh, middle school girls ought to all be sent to an island until they become at least Juniors in high school. That was my most diffucult time with my DDs, especially Mary.

Amy - glad you're better. And your weight will be in the 2-teens before you know it.

Cristina - I'm thinking a nice plant would be nice to leave for the new owners of your house. You're a very thoughtful person to do something like that! With a plant, everytime she sees it, it will remind her of you. A fresh bouquet would be great, too, though. I want to go see Wild Hogs, too, but it seems we don't make it to movies much. I won't go on the weekends, lol.

Julie - all the 70's clothes that are out there now sure takes me back, doesn't it do the same for you? I had peasant tops and empire-waisted clothes and bell-bottomed jeans, and bet you did, too. I think it's cool to see all the wide-leg jeans available now.

Hello to anyone else reading this.

Makenzie's classmates were all glad to see her bring cookies to school. I got to meet her teacher, and she seems nice. The school is fairly new, and so clean! I just love the smell of an elementary school, don't you?

Neal and I had Mary's kids over for supper, and I had a chicken casserole that happened to have chopped pimentos in it. They weren't going to eat the pimentos until I said they're "Disney berries", lol. Awhile back I got them to eat peas by calling them "Pochahontas peas", lol. Hey, ya gotta do what you can to get kids to eat their veggies, right?

Have a good weekend!
Old 03-16-2007, 11:03 PM   #23  
I can dream, can't I?

Evening ladies- Brrrr...and I wanted to come home for this?
I am enjoying being back to the new house however. Still trying to do some decorating...and I keep moving some candles, picture frames and flower arrangements to different spots. I do finally have one sofa table set up the way it is going to stay. Now if I can find something to hang over it.
Feeling good and got in a little over a mile walk, even though I froze.

Jane- You were supposed to keep the nice weather here for us. I had to laugh at your "disney berries." When Joe was a toddler I would fix him a sandwich and cut it in triangles. For some reason he called it a "Snoopy sandwich." He still remembers those.

Mindee- YAY! I love both boy and girl babies...having each myself, but I am thrilled that you will experience the joys of a little girl also. Names?

Cristina- Hope you are getting some rest in the midst of all the frenzy. I know you are excited....don't blame you. I am anxious to hear all of your decorating talk...I am sooo bad at it.

Tina- I only wish the weather would get warm enough for a convertible here. You are in CA, right? Vegas was 90 degrees this week...after we left, thank goodness. I like 70's the best. Okay...you've convinced me, no fast food and sugar. Sugar being a hard one for me....but I am doing it.

Jodi- The jet lag is a thing of the past..... Wow, I remember my girls getting sassy about middle school too. It shall pass and they do turn out beautifully. My girls (38 and 41) are such sweeties now. And all that fighting when they were young...now they are best friends.

Marti- Hope you get the lab work done. Glad to hear you are feeling better. You might need to get more rest..... You have been exercising hard.

Julie, Amy, Tammy, Katie, Sassy- hi to you all and anyone else I missed. Have a wonderful week-end. I have no plans, but will try to keep up the walking and NO SWEETS. Actually going to smell up the house by cooking cabbage tomorrow....yum, but phew.
Old 03-16-2007, 11:19 PM   #24  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Hello ladies...

Took too long to read all the posts so will catch up tomorrow. Got up early this morning and I am pooped again.

Thanks ladies for the ideas. Not sure who mentioned a plant but I had thought of that earlier today when I turned and saw one of mine...figured it would last longer than the fruit and flowers. A candle is a good idea also so maybe I'll leave a candle and a plant. Any suggestions on a good scent for a candle? I know what I like but not sure they would like it. Does everyone like vanilla scented candles you think?

Anywho...see you ladies tomorrow. I am going to get up early and start the day early and hopefully finish up and then possibly take a nap in the early afternoon.

Nighty, night ladies!
Old 03-16-2007, 11:24 PM   #25  

Height: 5'1"

Hello girls--

I'm so glad that today is Friday and now I have the whole weekend to just do NOTHING!!
Actually....I have some cleaning to do so I'll be busy.

I'm going to try to catch up on individuals.......please forgive me if I forget someone.

Jane--The first time I wasn't really ill....it was a toothache that just took over. This time...I caught Jhanai's stomache bug. That was NO fun. But it only last a couple days so I'm all good now. Thanks for worrying about me.

Amy--I love Spring too! And I really need to do some Spring cleaning. Hard to do when all you want to do is enjoy the weather!

Tina--Wow....what a great car to get!! I bet you're just loving it!! Congrats to almost reaching your goal of the 180's. You'll get there in no time.

Jodi--I got my blood work today. I was shocked. In 6mos I managed to bring all my "high" blood work to the normal range! I was so happy to see that. Of coarse...my blood pressure was high.......but I can still work on that. Cholesterol is finally normal and my glucose is in the normal range. I'm doing a happy dance.

Mindee--I LOVE having my girl. She is so amazing. I learn from her everyday it seems. She is growing up to be such a caring person. It's hard to believe she's almost 13 and not my little toddler anymore. So......what name are we choosing??? Marti sounds good. (actually....it doesn't!! So let us know what you come up with!)

Sue--I'm glad that you're home now and that you're getting things all in order. I'm looking forward to reading how the program works for you and DH. Now...I've only heard of Cracker Barrell......so you'll have to clue me in as to what it's like. Now...is this a store or a restaurant??

Tammy--Do you ever watch those shows "Mission Organized" or "Clean Sweep"? I just get amazed at how much stuff people collect and how it takes over their lives! I'm not very organized...but I'm nothing close to that, but it could happen. So I better nip in the bud now and when we move.....no clutter!!

Cristina--James is DREADING the packing. I told him to leave the packing to me and I'll leave the moving stuff to him. Gotta comprise somewhere. We found a house we're looking into tomorrow. Actually I'm going to look at it myself w/out him since James is out of town. It's really cute and in a good location. Plus it's maybe 10mins. from work.....and that's with lots of traffic!! I'm excited.

Jules--Hope your brother is doing ok. Back surgery seems awfully scarey. Glad to hear that he came out of it ok. I'm wanting to see all the movies you've mentioned. They sound great. 300 is one DH is really wanting to see....so we'll probably see it first.

MaryKate--I am SO happy to hear that your arm is doing better!! Now...if only HR would have ok'd this in the first place so it wouldn't have taken you this long to feel relief! Rest that arm up and get some strength.

Jen--I'm wanting to hike this summer. My vacation will be in August and I told hubby that I want to hike the falls this Summer. It's just beautiful out there. And hiking is great exercise. This will be the first year that I hadn't smoked when I went hiking....so it should be easy breathing for me!!

Karin--My sister lives in Florida. Seems like she's always got the A/C on while we have blankets wrapped around us!Glad to hear you're doing good on the diet!

Sassy--Thanks for the card!! Pop back in when you have more time to visit.

Vann--Did you go on another trip?? Miss seeing your posts. Or...do you have one and I just missed it somewhere??

Michelle--How are you doing today?? Hugs sent your direction!

And a great big hello and how ya doing to anyone else I may have missed!

Goodness...I'm not sure how I can keep up w/you all. Get sick and don't get on here and I missed a lot! But don't stop for me....continue as you've been doing.

This week has been a bad week for walking. Tummy troubles don't mix w/walking. Just stop to walk to the bathroom and what fun is that? So Monday's WI may show nothing. But I hope not. I'm still eating pretty good so that should make up for it a little bit.

Ok...this is long enough and I should get off of here.
Have a great night!
Old 03-17-2007, 12:12 AM   #26  
starting over again......

S/C/G: 261.4/261.4/200

Height: 5'4"

Hello ladies!! Nothing new here…..just trucking along. It is still sinking in that we are having a girl. But we are very excited about the change and are wondering what to expect with a girl that we haven’t already seen/heard/dealt with with the boys.

Marti~ Thanks for the hoorays! We haven’t decided on a name yet, but I guess we really should get cracking on it.

Jodi~ That is what every one keeps saying…..girls are nice until they get older and become sassy big girls! LOL……I am sure we will have to watch Brandon & Logan around her friends, more then we will have to watch her. (although, that brings up a question. How young is too young for a chastity belt? j/k)

Tina~ Did you ever put the top down? The weather here next week is suppose to be like it was at the beginning of this week. Which means, we will have the convertible weather, but for how long is the real question! I am finally going to have a female in this household. I had two mommies boys…..until they realized that daddy was a little better. I get a mommy’s boy out of them when they are sick…..and when daddy isn’t around. But as soon as daddy is home, it is mom who? So, maybe I will have a mommy’s girl instead. You are doing a great job! Keep up the great work and you will have reached your goal weight in no time!

Before I get too ahead of myself…..HAPPY ST. PATRICK’S DAY!!!

Amy~ Thanks for the congrats! I feel so much better now that we know what we are having. I felt a little uneasy I guess not knowing what the gender is. So, now I can talk to her and bond more with her.

Jane~ I will have to add that to the rest of the list we have going on.

Sue~ We haven’t decided on a name yet. That will be the next step…..that and packing my hospital bag. I have been told by every one that finds out we are having a girl that they like to come early. So, that will be a new thing for us….since both Brandon and Logan were late. Just as long as she doesn’t decided to come too soon!

Cristina~ I meant to answer your question yesterday about an idea of what to leave the new owners. We helped my oldest sister and her family move when I was pregnant with Logan. The new owners left then a card, and a cake with a picture of the house on it that said “welcome to your new home” on it. My sister didn’t realize it until I said something. I asked her if every thing that was still there was theirs, and she said yeah. I said “even the cake that is on the table?” and she said “are you kidding me? They didn’t leave a cake, you are joking with me.” Then we walked into their kitchen and there it was.

Marti~ I will definitely have to let you all know the name when we agree on one. He has been working constantly so the only time we get to spend together is Sunday, and that day we are usually running around like chickens with our heads cut off trying to get everything done that we need to get done for the next week. Maybe we will sit down and tackle it on Wednesday. He is going to go with me to my doctor’s appointment, so he took a personal day.

I am not sure if I mentioned this yesterday, but she is already head down and absolutely hated when they would push on her head or body to get measurements. So, I guess she is going to be well prepared for dealing with Brandon and Logan. I think the boys are getting used to the idea of a little sister. I point out to them whenever we see a baby girl on tv and they turn and look or point at my belly.
Old 03-17-2007, 12:35 PM   #27  

New Weight Loss Program
A guy calls a company and orders their 5-day, 10 lb. weight loss program.
The next day, there's a knock on the door and there stands before him a
voluptuous, athletic, 19 year old babe dressed in nothing but a pair of
Nike running shoes and a sign around her neck.

She introduces herself as a representative of the weight loss company.
The sign reads , "If you can catch me, you can have me."

Without a second thought, he takes off after her. A few miles later
huffing and puffing, he finally gives up.

The same girl shows up for the next four days and the same thing
happens. On the fifth day, he weighs himself and is delighted to find he
has lost 10 lbs. as promised.

He calls the company and orders their 5-day/20 pound program.

The next day there's a knock at the door and there stands the most
stunning, beautiful, sexy woman he has ever seen in his life. She is
wearing nothing but Reebok running shoes and a sign around her neck that
reads, "If you catch me you can have me".

Well, he's out the door after her like a shot. This girl is in excellent
shape and it takes him a while before he can continue, so for the next
four days, the same routine happens with him gradually getting in better
and better shape.

Much to his delight on the fifth day he weighs himself only to discover
that he has lost another 20 lbs. as promised.

He decides to go for broke and calls the company to order the 7-day/50
pound program.

"Are you sure?" asks the representative on the phone. "This is our most
rigorous program." "Absolutely, " he replies, "I haven't felt this good
in years."

The next day there's a knock at the door; and when he opens it he finds
a huge muscular guy standing there wearing nothing but pink running shoes
and a sign around his neck that reads,

"If I catch you, you are mine."
Old 03-17-2007, 01:24 PM   #28  

Wink

Mindee ~ thank you for that boost of confidence for me. And yes it WILL be nice not to be the only female in the household. Girls are so special and don't worry about your kids being attached to you. Mine all rely on me more now than they ever did. And me and my boys do have a special relationship. My oldest son (16) will take mom to the movies. Just the two of us. It's great! I'm so lucky. And my daughter wants me to 'look good' so she'll tell me I should go get a pedicure or do this or that to my hair. And I know that she just doesn't want me to embarrass her..haha but it's still nice to have someone notice that stuff. She's noticed I've lost weight too so she says. It's crazy 15 pounds and I don't think anyone can tell yet. I surely feel better.

Marti~ I'm loving my car ~ thanks! My girlfriends too love it. And it's actually kinda nice only being able to take one at a time. I get to spend more quality time with my friends that way. We cruise to starbucks and then do some driveby's...haha! you know...drive by and honk! I actually accidently honked at the wrong person today....lol!

Sue~ Did I really talk you into giving up sugar? If I had anything to do with that I'm so happy! I seriously have never felt so good as I do with having that outta my system. It's crazy. It was like poison to my body and I probably knew it was bad but I ignored it for so long. And I think it has a ton to do with how quickly i've been dropping the pounds recently. And no fast food UNLESS it's a chicken salad with balsamic dressing...yum...but no french fries...bad bad bad...lol!

Jane~ No worries ~ MY TOP will always stay up....lol! Jeeze ~ maybe if I was in new orleans and had a little too much to drink and then....nawwwww it'd stay put. lol! I LOOOVE how you talk your grandkids into eating their veges! Pocahontas PEAS! Love that! Kids are so cute. That made me crave peas after hearing that one....i'd love some!

Christina~ I saw Wild Hogs...haha! Went with my son and there were some pretty funny moments in that movie! I even skipped the popcorn and the diet drink...wasn't really thirsty. But I loved it when that bird hit John Travolta in the face! haha!

EVeRyOnE else...Hope you enjoyed my little joke! haha! Thought it was funny. I'm going to go get some bacon and strawberry jam to complete breakfast for my big men (excuse #1 to drive the car today...haha)...and then i'm going to take a nice hot bath...awwww...visualize myself getting skinnier...i do that a lot!
Old 03-17-2007, 01:46 PM   #29  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

HAPPY ST. PATRICK'S DAY LADIES!

MINDEE...CONGRAT'S on having a little girl! I am happy for you guys! And that is funny...I went to Hallmark yesterday to get cards and a new home was on my list and I got one for just about everything but that, lol!

MARTI...I hope the house is nice and you guys love it! Can't beat being so close to work can ya? That would be absolutely perfect! Hey, that's basically what me and V are doing...I'm doing all the packing, except he did the garage-his stuff/domain, lol. And he is going to do the moving. Actually, I will be helping with that as well during the day. He's got a couple of friends that are going to help after they get off work so we will leave the BIG stuff for then, lol. Hope you are feeling better.

TINA...a new convertible sounds like lots of fun! And being in CA is the perfect place for one! Cute story, lol. WTG on reaching the 180's! You are doing great with your program.

JULES...I thought Wild Hogs was funny...needed some laughs. John Travolta and William Macy was cute in it, lol. Wouldn't it be nice to do that though? I would love to go on a rode trip, and on a motorcycle. Had a boyfriend years ago that had one and I loved riding that thing. Hey, I bet she will love the new top! I am looking for some hippie clothes, lol! I love the new styles out now and especially all the browns. Definitely going to have to get me at least a few tops.

JODI...sorry I've not kept up with the e-mailing. Once we get moved and a little settled I will start again. Just haven't been spending much time at all on the computer. I like both your photos though, they are nice.

SUE...your chili sounds so good. I have been wanting some since I packed the crock pot, lol! I packed it thinking I wouldn't need it. Of course that is the first thing I missed having, lol. I don't think you are bad at decorating...from the pictures you shared, your house is really nice and I like what you've done to it. Now that you guys are back you can finish up and work on your yard. Hope the cabbage doesn't smell the house up too bad. WTG on the walking!

JANE...I don't go tot he movies on the weekends either. Just too busy. I do enjoy going though and miss it when we don't go for months. Hey, thanks for the suggestion of a plant. Not sure why I didn't think about that until last night. I was in the kitchen and turned and saw the one on the counter and a light bulb went off, lol. I think I am going to go with that and a card and maybe some brownies or cookies. Glad the kids loved the cookies! We were at the bank yesterday and they had a table with some St. Patrick Day cookies...I was so tempted to get one but I didn't. The looked soooo good!

4AMY...I too love spring! It is so nice how things are blooming. Of course I won't be here to see my tulips come up, I don't think. They are up but haven't bloomed. But everything is starting to turn green...I love it!

HI to MARYKATE, VANN, JUDY, KARIN, JEN, MICHELLE, SASSY and anyone I may have missed. Can't believe how we have grown and I am having a hard time keeping track of everyone

I better get going. Have a couple more things to do on the 'puter (change of address stuff) and then it's time to get to packing. There's really not much left. The stuff in the laundry room/closet, and the kitchen. The rest of the stuff will be packed the day before moving since we are using the stuff. We ordered a new refrigerator and was told it would take 23 days to get here. Umm, it's sitting at Lowes because it took 3 days! Glad they didn't try to deliver it, lol.

Oh, MARTI...don't worry about not getting exercise in. It's hard when you are sick. I know I haven't gotten any in and I am afraid to weigh Monday. But you know you have eaten right so that will make all the difference. I've been trying to be good and stay OP but it is hard when you are too pooped to cook. Anyway...we'll see what happens come Monday. I don't have a lot to do today so I will get some exercise in today.

Anyway...sorry for the long post, trying to catch up with everyone.

Take care ladies and I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!
Old 03-17-2007, 02:48 PM   #30  
I can dream, can't I?

Happy sunny Saturday afternoon. Yes, it is sunny, but don't let that fool ya...it is cold. I am trying to get myself in the mood to bundle up and walk.
I just ran through the exercises as per Dr. Oz's book. They aren't bad...definitely doable. I am better at the lower body ones, perhaps since I have walked a lot. Most of my weight is in the middle which is bad, bad, bad. (and hard to do some of the stretches) LOL
I didn't cook the cabbage today, no one was interested after all. So, it will be tomorrow's meal. Today I had an english muffin w/ lofat margerine and a banana for breakfast. Cottage cheese, saltines, melon and 1/2 a pear for lunch. Dinner will be a huge salad with tons of freebie veggies and either a slice of pizza or a baked potato. I don't feel the need for sweets, but when I go to the store I am going to pick up some sugar free hard candy. Hard candy is what kept me from snacking all the time before, so since I can't have sugar...gotta find the other.
I will weigh and measure on Mon. and see how this goes.

I hope you are all enjoying the week-end and also hope it is warmer where you are.
Closed Thread