Weight Loss and Chitchat #238!

You're on Page 3 of 4
Go to
  • Tammy- test results will be on Fri morning. I can't believe you went to that party. I have had a chance to go to one and then I just couldn't make myself go- haha. I freak out going into the store, but dh told me he isn't going for me anymore- haha - that I have to grow up- lmbo

Jane- It's 30*- eeek... I had to work all day so nothing fun here.
  • Jane - I filled out the bio. And you'll be happy to know that I wasn't suffering around my parents smoking at all. This I going MUCH better than the other half-million times I've tried to quit.

Marti - Have you tried any nic patches/gum? Dr. put me on Wellbutrin several months ago, I only lasted 3 days. Pfft, bad reaction to that, or one of the four other meds she put me on. I've stockpiled suckers (51 cal for 2) Ice Breakers & Trident gum, & one special pen that's tasty for biting. It's taken me a year to cut back from approx 2 packs a day, to one pack, just outside or in the kitchen, to quitting...and it only took 2 decades to figure it out.

Tina - Thanks for the "brave" remark. It sounds good on paper - HA! Seriously, 15 years ago I quit for a few months and gained more than 20 lbs.,so I knew I had to replace the bad habit with something good right away. It's tough to workout with injured lungs too.
    - Jen
  • Tammy - I am so sorry I missed your post! I guess I was scrolling through too quick. I've been to one of those parties before, too, and it was fun. I bought someflavored body oil that Neal remembers fondly, lol. About Disney, it is sooooo much fun! I can barely wait to go back next year. I've been 8 times, and only once so far to Universal Studios. US has changed a lot since we were there last, so that should be a blast, too.

Amy - a big YAY on the exercise!

Cristina - glad V is feeling better. Neal and I like to stay with loyal people, too. Like our banker, etc. Good luck with the boxes. You're lucky you get free bubble wrap!

Jen - thanks for the bio! I used the patch when I stopped smoking, but didn't wear it overnight since the pack said it might cause nightmares. I'm very proud of your progress so far!

Jodi - the weather turned cooler here again, but is supposed to warm back up.

Makenzie and I had fun outside today until we got too cold. She just went home a little while ago, and now I'm just killing time until Lost comes on.

I ordered some shoes from Penny's and got 30% off the order. WooHoo! I do love a sale. Of course, Penny's has a sale everyday now, lol. Anyway, I got 3 pairs - some Nike Airs, a pair of leather navy pumps for church, and some brown leather Eastland sandals. And yes, I NEEDED them, hahaha.

See ya later,
  • Jen~ I am not sure if I welcomed you or not, so welcome! Good luck with kicking the habit.

Marti~ Nope, today was not ultrasound day. Today was doctor's appointment day. And for clarifications sake, Tommy answered the "will we or won't we find out the gender?" He said to me tonight after dinner, "well, we will just have to go clothes shopping after we find out." I am having the stage/level II ultrasound because the ultrasound tech couldn't get a clear picture (for the doctor to see) of the heart, the four chambers of the heart, cord insertion into the placenta, both kidneys, and the upper lip.

Tammy~ Are you sure that you don't live in Michigan? That is exactly how our weather is suppose to be for the upcoming week.

Tina~ How did the auction go? What are you planning on doing if things don't pan out? That sounds like a great SUV.

Jane~ That is a great deal on those tickets!

Amy~ You are doing great girl! Keep up the great work!!! You are getting me motivated to loose this baby weight and I still have some time before I can.

Cristina~ Thanks for thinking pink! Please do continue thinking pink until next Thursday!
  • Sounds like everyone has been busy again....Exhausting just reading of all the activities here.
    We went to breakfast this a.m. then came home and packed about 8 boxes. DH and I took a 35 minute walk much later then went to dinner. Haha... Actually have no food in the house and since we are leaving Tues. we are trying to run everything out...so.... yum.

Jen- Good job on the smoking (or not smoking)..along with the weight loss. I quit smoking 13 years ago so know it is no picnic. At the same time I also was giving up caffeine and quit working. I did have extra incentive to quit, due to some medical considerations....such as the Dr. telling me I would have toes amputated if my circulation didn't improve. Yep, when they start talking about loping off body parts the cigarettes don't look so attractive. (pardon my sense of humor...) By all means keep up the good work!!

Mindee- Hope the Dr. appt. went well. I am thinking PINK.

Tammy- I had to laugh about the party. I went to one years ago. It was fun, and was my sorority, so we all knew each other. (Not college sorority) Then there is a store near us which I have gone to a few times for "gag" type gifts for parties. But being fair complected I blush very easily, and I got teased about that. By the way, Mom is all better, thanks for asking.

Tina- Sorry you missed the car. My SIL has a Navigator and it is reaaalllly nice. Maybe you will have better luck next time. Glad you are feeling better. I wish I liked salmon, but I am not a seafood eater. That hurts on the diet too...I get tired of chicken. I can take tuna in small amounts, but that's about it.

Amy- 10 miles on a bike...yikes, I would be unable to walk. lol.... That is great. And congrats on your loss.

Jane- Sounds like fun with the DGD. I sure hope the weather stays nice. I am so looking forward to landscaping. We are putting one area of mainly a rock garden. It is around the well and I want large rocks with greenery growing around and between. Don't know if we can pull that off or not. The rest will be green. DD has 3 redbud trees for me also. Then I am thinking hostas under some of the big trees. It seems like a popular thing to do. I have such a black thumb...wish me luck.

Marti- Oh what fun to be house hunting. Open houses are one of my favorite things also. Like Cristina, I just love to see how they are decorated.

Cristina- Oh, I hope DH is feeling better. Did you pack any boxes? We did a few, but I don't have near as much stuff here as at the "regular" house. Thank goodness DS has decided he wants most of our things. I even offered him the wall decor. He said "hmmm, sounds like our place will look like being at Mom's." LOL. I told him thank goodness it is all traditional stuff.....nothing too dated.

Jodi, Vann, Jules, Judy, Katiecat...and hey, Sassy-- Hi to you all.

Thanks for the menus gals. It reinforced my thoughts about the daily plans I have been writing out for when we get home. Just about everything I was planning was in one or the other of your days too....For my 1st day I had: Breakfast, Cheerios, skim milk, 1/2 banana. Lunch: fruit salad using the other 1/2 banana with mandarin oranges or melon, smoked turkey with salad greens and tomatoes wrapped in a tortilla. Dinner: Grilled chicken w/ onions and mushrooms (on the GF grill.) Some sort of veggies. Snack: string cheese and low fat crackers. I drink Crystal Light or de-caf coffee. I haven't figured calories, but I wll and I will also add an apple or nuts if I need something else. DH will just have larger portions of the same meal. (He is a bread nut, so will add a slice of toast for breakfast and a slice of bread for dinner.) AND we plan to walk, walk, walk and do yard work for exercise.
    Hopefully we can have the same type breakfast daily by just changing to oatmeal some days., and varying the fruit.
    Thanks again for your input.
  • hi everyone.got another great workout in, exercise bike- 35 mins
    toneing exercises with weights-30mins
    crunches-100
    now i feel great and will go cook up a healthy dinner.Have a great day everyone.
  • Hello ladies, and a Happy Thursday to you!

SUE...I did get some things packed, about 7 boxes...not as much as I would have liked to but it's a start. I need to get more done to get the boxes I brought in out of here before tomorrow's inspection. They are doing one tomorrow evening and one of the buyers will be here so...gotta get the house cleaned. Hey, that's great that DS is taking your stuff. I don't have anyone to give anything to so thought I would give it to Habitat for Humanity. Normally go with the Goodwill but thought I would go somewhere else this time.

JANE...yepper's, V can get all the boxes and bubble wrap he wants from work. One of the guys wives' works in another department and he tells her to save it for us. I did go to a wine store yesterday and got 4 boxes. Not sure how many of those that I will need but the guy was real nice and said he had plenty if we need more.

AMY...WTG on your work out! WOW, I am impressed and tired from reading all that you did! Good job!

TINA...aahh, sorry you didn't get the car. I've been meaning to go to some auctions around here but never have, never seems to be the right time. Glad you are feeling better.

JEN...congrat's on quitting smoking. I've never smoked so don't know how hard it is to stop but I have been trying to get my youngest son to stop. Thought when they went up to an outrageous amount for a pack that would make him stop, nope. That and the fact that he can't smoke in my house. He doesn't mind having to go outside I guess. Oh well, it's his life.

Hi MINDEE, MARTI, JODI, JULES, MICHELLE, TAMMY, SASSY, VANN, JUDY and anyone I may have missed

Well, I am pooped! I have been waking up early (about 3:30'ish) the last two or three mornings and not being able to go back to sleep right away so overslept, ugh. Once I was up had to run to the bank, post office, pay Josh's truck payment, and go to Wally World. Then home to put everything away, get the trash from that and picking up the doggy poop and get it out in the trash for trash pick-up today. And I just wanted to sit down and relax. I know my work has yet to begin though. Really going to get in there and get some serious packing done this weekend. We have less than two weeks before we move and I honestly don't think it has sunk in. Anyway, I did get in my 50 minutes of exercise yesterdy even with everything else I did. Today, don't think it is going to happen. I may get a mile in but not sure. Anyway...

Take care ladies and have a GREAT day!
  • I'm not upset about the car really. I have a nice car but I wanted a bigger one so I could haul more kids around in it. Ya know ~ teenagers take up more space. haha!

I did get my first 10 pounds off...happy happy joy joy! Now i'm working on the second set of 10. I am eating good since recovering from my flu thing. I had a great big chicken salad today with lite dressing on the side. And I lightly dipped my stuff in it and barely used any of it....so much better! Normally when i'd eat at that restraunt I would have a big ol' chicken burger or cheese burger with the steak fries dipped in ranch....yum...i didn't miss them much.

Well, gotta go for now....Have a beautiful day today and sorry I didn't have the time to address everyone individually!

Tina
  • Tina- Girl you are really kickin butt. haha It looks like you have found something that really works for you.

Cristina- Sounds like you have been real busy. :-) Did you get some serious packing done?

Amy- looks like you are doing great with your exercise and weight loss. You are an imspiration

Sue- Hello to you. :-) I meant to answer you yesterday about the menus, just been real busy. Anyhow, I eat oatmeal for breakfast. I fix it with water, not milk. When I started eating it in January (I hardly ever had eaten breakfast) I fixed it with butter cause that is how my mom always fixed it for me. So I then cut down on the butter til I don't put any in it at all.
    For lunch I will have either a Weight Watcher small meal or Healthy Choice. I went to the HC ones when I couldn't find the WW ones on sale anymore (beginning of the yr they were pretty inexpensive). Anyhow, found that they have more variety than the WW ones and are the same amt of points. They are actually alot better anyhow- haha.
    For dinner I cook from scratch most nights. I try to eat smaller portions and just eat whatever I have fixed the family. I try to serve a salad with our meal and don't put my dressing directly on my salad. I have found that by dipping my fork I use a lot less dressing (cutting those calories) and have found that the lettuce is actually very good without all the junk on it.
    Hope that helps you some.

Jane- supposed to be really warm starting tomorrow- yeah. I am so glad that spring is almost here. I am planning on going to the park and walking tomorrow after I get done from the dr. That is if she doesn't tell me something really bad or something. I got an adaptor for my cell phone so I can use regular headphones to use my mp3 player in it and plan on trying that out.

Hello to Vann, Mindee, Jen, Marti and anyone else I might have missed.

I worked yesterday and today. I will be off for a few days and even though I only work a couple days a week, I sure do look forward to the days off. I am so blessed to be able to only work a little bit and to have found the type of work I do. :-) I have a wonderful hubby. I will try and check back later. Have a good night girls
  • Hi chickas!

It's almost time for Grey's, but I wanted to say hello. I got my hair colored today, and it looks so much better! Amazing what something like that can do for a gal's morale, right?

Have a good one, and I'll chat at ya tomorrow.
  • hello ladies!

just popping in to see how you are all doing. nothing really new on this end....just getting Thumper (as Tommy calls the baby) to calm down. He saw the baby kick me after dinner and he goes "does that hurt?" I said "not that time, but sometimes they do."
  • Jane- Grey's is a re-run... American Idol had a couple shockers.... Some nights tv is just plain BAD.

Walked briskly tonight with DH for 30 minutes and then for 30 minutes with Mom and her dog...not so briskly. LOL I didn't eat too poorly today either. No salty snacks in the house.

I packed a few more boxes and put lots of things away in the house. Have a showing in the morning already. YAY! We will just take a nice long walk while they are at the house. The realtor said to just give them 15 or 20 minutes. At home they asked for an hour every time. Strange...

Nothing else going on with us. I will do individuals next time.....be good ladies.
  • Evening Ladies--

This will be just a quick hello....I'm ready for bed. I need to get up early so I can get in line to have my blood drawn. Plus...I'm just plain tired.

Went to watch my DD's band program. Two weeks from now will be her choir program. She's such a cutie!

Ok....I'm off to bed. I will try to do some individuals later this weekend. Jhanai is coming over so I will have limited computer time. (We want to do some crafting this weekend!)

Hugs to all!
  • Sue in the final minutes of American Idol last night I was screaming at the tv like I imagine football fans do. LOL
    I was sooo mad! Not so much by who was going but who was staying.

I had already sworn off watching the actual competition until it gets down to a smaller group. My daughter said if that guy stays I am not watching this show anymore. I think I might have lost my AI buddy. Of course last season when they sent Chris Daughtry home I said I would never watch again and here I am - lol

I think that they keep voting that guy on cause he puts people in mind of Michael Jackson when Michael Jackson was good, like back in the early-mid 80's. I don't think this one is good, but he makes you think of M.J.

Anyhow, that's all for now. Still in the 30*'s (8:40am) but they claim it will be 58* today. I hope so, I want to go for a walk.

Have a good day!
    Oh and Marti- did you get in for the tests?
  • Good morning ladies,

Just a quick fly by...got a full day ahead with running my mom around with errands and then have an appt with a contractor at 5:30 to discuss kitchen countertops. I just had to coment on AI last night...Jodi, I totally agree with you. We were all screaming at the TV when they voted off Sundance and we were left with MJ. What are people thinking!!! Then again, we never vote. My dd does when they get narrowed down to the top 6 or so. Who is voting for this guy?? You know the network knew they had an upset and saved that final vote for the end of the show. If they had showed it earlier in the show, we would have all turned the tubes off!

Have a wonderful day ladies!! Sue, good luck on your first showing!