Closed Thread

Old 03-15-2007, 11:45 PM   #91  

First tulip bloomed today. IN THE PINK. Whew. Spring IS coming in spite of my diagnosable depression. I think it’s the meds (and lack of weight loss) and aching joints.
Oh… and my boss’s grandson had a drowning incident… and is to be taken off the ventilator tomorrow. He wasn’t more than 2 years old. So sad. I am VERY grateful that my children lived to adulthood without major mishaps. I hope they outlive me.

Happy—That was the shortest pity party I’ve ever witnessed. I can’t even begin to imagine mopping when I’m sick, stuffy and cruddy. H*ck, I don’t mop when I’m feeling good. After all… why waste a GOOD day? Glad you are feeling better… Speedy recovery.

Holly: Taking a day off is DOABLE. DO IT!! It takes some doing, but you’ll love it… and I think your family will come around and appreciate you more audibly.

CeeJay: I bet it will be hot planting flowers here in April. Be sure you have a bottomless pitcher of iced tea (or cold beer) available!! I just scheduled another 6 month mammo-squish for April 12. I’m already anxious about it. Recurrence is terrifying. But… prevention… catch it early, etc. etc. PINCH. I think being within 2 lbs of MD visit goal is AWESOME. WAY TO GO. I’m within 100 lbs of MD recommended weight. HA. I don’t think THAT’s much of an accomplishment.

Shad: Sorry that the counselors you’ve run into give Mom’s the guilt trip. My theory is that the mom is usually DOING the most and the most INVESTED… so I try to help her get centered, rested and then teach her (or help her figure out) some alternate ways of handling things… especially getting everyone to be responsible. I think moms are at the center of the family.

Mel: I’m worried about the mental image of you “dragging your buns.” Butter ‘em, honey, or keep them warm… but no dragging. Have a Guinness for me. DD calls it a meal in a glass… That’s what the Irish say!
Old 03-16-2007, 01:50 AM   #92  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Afternoon all,
Did another evening shift last night. It doesn't seem to be agreeing with me too much but hey I'll get over it.
Raining here too Happy. Well on and off. Just enough to wet us when we are out, but it's hot so we dry off quickly when the sun comes out.

Mel - are you relaxing by the pool.......??? for heavens sake don't fall in!

Painter - only went to counselling a couple of times - when we were having marriage problems and it was indeed all my fault. Aaah well, there's times when you live with it, and times when you just ignore it. I just keep telling myself I'm not a bad person for wanting to have some time off from the merry-go-round and that everyone is entitled to a get out of jail free card once in a while. If a he can do that, why not a she? Apparently there was no answer to that question at that point in time and it's not been answered satisfactorily since in most cases.

Okay, gotta go do some work. I'll be back either tonight or on Sunday. Day off tomorrow - much needed.
Old 03-16-2007, 08:50 AM   #93  

Default HI I am HOME

Happy Spring to everyone....hello I am home...and I thank the Good Lord and any other Diety that is for my return. My mom is doing great after her artery surgery in her neck and then the 4 bypass surgery on her heart....she is a trooper but it was not without it moments...she spent 9 days in ICU sort of losing her mind because a lack of sodium...it was scary to she her that way.....but my mom is so entertaining that at times it was just so weird....
My trip home was ....as many say to me **** but I think it is a different place...where we end up sometimes...
I left Phoenix on SUnday at 7:30 in the morning and I didnt' get home til Wed at 2;00 pm....I was stranded on the freeway at two different locations...... two different days and saw more auto shops than I care to remember. It was a tough go sometimes.... at one point I phoned my sis and told her if I never saw any of my friends and family again to just say nice things about me when they went to remember me.......even though it all Someone was watching out for me because by the end of a day I was safe again and being taken care of in the morning......... I now sort of see the feeling of your inside nervous system being stressed...fright and flight..... working constantly for 4 days is taking me some time to get back to me....
Ladies I know you thought about me and mom and I thankyou for your thoughts and prayers....we needed them all.
I will try to catch up on some reading this weekend...while I am home with my pups and watching Spring on the hills and mountains out my windows....
Blessings & Peace,
Nae
Old 03-16-2007, 08:52 AM   #94  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

'Mornin' chicks,
I overslept - the blankets were extra cuddly today. Thought it was Saturday and then realized NO NOT YET So I'm running behind. Short post. If it wasn't for the much needed coffee I wouldn't be here at all.

Mel you take care today. I see that your area of town is in an awful mess of snow, sleet and ice. No doubt a homebound chilly weekend for you. Make do with what you have in the refrigerator and cupboards and snuggle in for some movie time. Stay safe and warm!

I do hope you enjoy your day off Shad. Especially with the late night training. Seems like you're in need of a good R&R day. Take it and no worries about "I shudda " type of nagging things.

That's so sad about the boss' grandson Painter. I am convinced that part of the reasoning behind these senseless these tragedies is to remind us that life is precious. I have seen daffodils but no tulips yet tho we have tulip TREES out here in full bloom. DH wants one in our yard

Ceejay - a half inch! Wow. Are you doing things for the bones? Calcium and such. Need to incorporate some weight bearing exercise tho I thought you said you were already doing that. A 3 pound difference between the doctor's scale and yours plus the diff between a morning and an afternoon weight in sounds appropriate. Never have weighted the same as the docs.

Ok, coffee cup is empty - gotta run. Just one more day left and I can deal with whatever they throw in my face. Yah think?
Old 03-16-2007, 10:11 AM   #95  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

I'm back from the insurance meeting. I'm not at all satisfied with the new inurance. It's getting to where we are going to have to use internet doctor's. I thought at one time I would be tested for allergies but not now.
I'm praying the my gyn is in our new circuit of doctors. Ugh I'm not even for sure that my primary care doctor is own the list.

I need to go pay a few bills and then get ready to go to Paragould this afternoon.
Old 03-16-2007, 12:50 PM   #96  

Nae, what good news that your mom is fine! But the trip back sounded horrendous - you must be absolutely exhausted.

Ceejay, I hope your new insurer turns out better than at first glance. And to think they made you waste your day off to find out you were getting screwed!

Oops - gotta go. Lily cat sounds like she's in distress. (Probably just bored, but she's usually pretty quiet.) Back later.
Old 03-16-2007, 01:33 PM   #97  

What a spoiled cat!! Madame wanted to have Zen's deposit removed so she could use a clean litter box. I suppose if I hadn't been able to zip home for lunch she'd have just crossed her dainty little legs and held it in all afternoon?

I've made it thru 1.5 days of a combined Fat-Flush diet/White Rose detox, only 12.5 days to go. No sugar or milk, and since I don't like black coffee, I'm having lovely caffeine-withdrawal headaches. Of course it does take my mind off how hungry I am. I had gotten into some very bad junk/wine/evening binging habits, so eating normally feels like deprivation. I fully expect a sudden surge of energy by about day 4, hope it happens! The good news is this morning's weigh-in was actually down 2 lbs, : which I know is just bloat reduction but was encouraging nonetheless. I have a very ambitious goal of 20 lbs down by Shad's visit... And I know it's not a 2-week process, that's just the quick-start buy-in phase. The really hard bit will be not reverting to the bad habits I've acquired. Meanwhile, I must say I'm appreciating what food I do eat so much more than usual!!

And now I have to head back to work. It's freezing out there, don't know what's up with the weather, two days ago it was 10C, today it's -10C. Brrrr.
Old 03-16-2007, 05:31 PM   #98  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

WHAT A DAY!! SNOW, ICE, RAIN, SLEET....YOU NAME IT AND WE HAVE IT. IT'S STARTING TO PILE UP NOW AND ALSO FREEZE UP. NOT GOOD. BUT IT WAS ONE OF THOSE DAYS WHEN I GET CALLED DOWN AND EVERYONE LISTENS TO ME WITHOUT A FIGHT. SO NOT ONLY DO I GET SOME $$ BUT IT WAS VIRTUALLY STRESS FREE.
NOW ALL I NEED TO DO IS GET INTO THE SHOWER AND SOME FUZZY JAMMIES AND I'M ALL SET FOR THE WEEKEND. WE HAD PIZZA, SODA AND FRAPPUCCINOS. REMIND ME NEXT WEEK WHEN MY FACE IS A WRECK THAT TODAY I THOUGHT THIS WAS A GOOD IDEA ALL THE MEN WERE ACTING A BIT WILD AND WOOLY TODAY AND WILLY MAD A JOKE ABOUT WOMEN SHAVING THEIR PRIVATE AREA AND KEPT IT UP. HE TOLD ME TO GET WITH THE TIMES. SO I TOLD HIM IN FRONT OF EVERYONE THAT WHEN HE IS READY TO EAT "THIS" LET ME KNOW AND I'LL GET THE RAZOR BLADE OUT. HE AND THE REST OF THE MEN FELL ON THE FLOOR LAUGHING. THERE WERE WOMEN WITHIN EARSHOT SO I AM HOPING THAT NO ONE SCREAMS TO THE DIRECTOR ABOUT INAPPROPRIATE BEHAVIOR.
OK GOTTA GO AND SHOWER. TTFN CHICKLETTES!!
HOPE YOU ALL HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND!!

CEEJAY~ WE MUST BE TWINS THAT WERE SEPARATED AT BIRTH AND SOLD TO 2 DIFFERENT FAMILIES!!
SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT THE INSURANCE AND HOPE YOUR DRS ARE COVERED ON THIS PLAN!! KEEP GOOD THOUGHTS AND I WILL CROSS MY FINGERS!!!

PAINTER~ LORD WHAT CAN I SAY ABOUT A DEATH OF A CHILD SO YOUNG. HOW SAD FOR THEM. MY HEART GOES OUT TO THE PARENTS. HORRIBLE TO BURY YOUR OWN CHILDREN. I AM GLAD IT IS SPRING SOMEWHERE IN THE USA WITH PINK FLOWERS!! LOL IT FELT GOOD TO READ THAT FORST SENTENCE OF YOURS!! I KNOW I AM CLINICALLY DEPRESSED BUT WHEN I TELL ANYONE THEY JUST KEEP LAUGHING AT ME EVEN THE MENTAL HEALTH WOMAN AT THE HOSPITAL LAUGHED!!! SIGH
I NEED TO CRY MORE IN FRONT OF PEOPLE SO THEY'LL BELIEVE ME. I DIDN'T BUTTER THE BUNS BUT I DID BUTTER THE IRISH SODA BREAD! :hungry1:
ENJOY THE FLOWER!!!

SHAD~ IF I JUMP IN THE POOL WITH A WHEELCHAIR STRAPPED TO MY BUTT I AM SURE TO DROWN!!!
HOPE YOUR WEEKEND IS STARTING OUT WELL!!! GO OUT AND SMELL SOME ROSES!!

NAE~ HOME!!!!!!!! LOW SODIUM OR LOW POTASSIUM ARE TWO OF THE SENIOR'S ENEMIES. I HAVE SEEN IT MANY TIMES HERE.THEY ACT CRAZY. SIGH. POOR THINGS. JUST GLAD MOM MADE IT THRU ALL THIS AND WILL BE BETTER SOON. I AM ALSO VERY GLAD YOU ARE HOME SAFE AND SOUND. I HATE THE FIGHT/FLIGHT TIMES IN MY LIFE AS FLIGHT IS ALWAYS FOREMOST ON MY MIND!!! THANK GOD LITTLE ANGELS WERE WATCHING OVER YOU. YOU KNOW YOU'RE NEVER FAR FROM MY MIND TOO.
I THINK OF YOU GALS ALL THE TIME. EVEN WHEN I AM AT THE MALL!! SENDING

HAPPY ~ WHEN MY RADIO WENT OFF AT 7:30 THISMORNING WITH THE FIRST CALL FROM MAINTENANCE I TOO WAS WISHING IT WAS SATURDAY!! HOPE WE BOTH BET TO SNUGGLE THIS WEEKEND.....AND HOPE YOU FEEL BETTER ALSO!!!

CARLA~ THE CAT STORY WAS FUNNY! GAVE ME A LAUGH AS I HAD CATS OF MY OWN ONCE AND THEY GET FUNNY IDEAS!! HOPE IT WARMS UP FOR BOTH OF US!!! EFFING WINTER AGAIN HERE TOO!!
KUDOS ON THE 2LBS. I DON'T CARE WHAT THEY WERE...JUST THAT THEY LEAVE AND HOPEFULLY TAKE THEIR FRIENDS WITH THEM!!! I NEED TO GET ON THE BAND WAGON WITH YOU!! I COULD USE SOME DE-BLOATING MYSELF!! WE NEED TO LOOK SVELDT WHEN SHADDIE COMES TO TOWN!!!
Old 03-17-2007, 11:44 AM   #99  
Choose your hard

I saw tulips yesterday too on the drive to work. My absolute favorite tree is in bloom right now - the Red Bud. It's the most incredible shade of purple that you have ever seen. The flowers are tiny so it looks like someone just painted the bark of the tree a bright reddish orchid.

Ah there. I've loaded a pic but you have to click on it to enlarge it. Didn't feel like pulling it into photo bucket so I hope this thumbnail is good enough to give you an idea. Picture this with the white flowering pear trees and the yellow forsynthia bushes. Just gorgeous. Everywhere you look.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Red Bud Tree.jpg (29.0 KB, 7 views)
Old 03-17-2007, 12:04 PM   #100  
Happy September

TO MISS HAPPY AND HER BRIGHT LITTLE EGG!!
LOVE THE TREE. WE HAVE SOME REAL BEAUTIES HERE ALSO ALONG MY RIDE BUT NOTHING IN BLOOM YET. AFTER YESTERDAY'S ICESTORM THEY PROBABLY ARE CONFUSED AND OUIR FORSYTHIA BUSHES ARE SITTING IN SNOW AND ICE!!

I GOT UP AT 7:30 AND JUST A FEW MOMENTS AGO FINALLY GOT OFF THE PHONE/RADIO AND THE DOORBELL STOPPED RINGING. JUST WHERE THESE SENIORS THING THEY ARE GOING IN ALL THIS ICE AND NEED THE DRIVEWAY PLOWED OUT IS RIDICULOUS!! BUT THE DPW SHOULD HAVE PLOWED US OUT OVER NIGHT. LOTS OF ICE/SNOW. MOSTLY FROZEN STUFF. HARD FOR THE MEN WITH SHOVELS TO MOVE AND VERY HEAVY. I MADE A FEW CALLS AND ALREADY HELP HAS ARRIVED.
I AM FINALLY EATING BREKKIE AND NEED TO PUT SOME CLOTHES ON!!! BUT THIS CRAP KEEPS ME BUSY!! I LOVE IT WHEN I AM ALONE AND EVERYTHING GOES SO SMOOTHLY. YOU FEEL SO INVIGORATED AND EMPOWERED! MAKES ME FORGET FOR AWHILE THE THINGS I DON'T HAVE ANY CONTROL OVER...
HAVE A SUPER WEEKEND!!!TAKE CARE AND
STAY WELL!
Old 03-17-2007, 12:09 PM   #101  
Choose your hard

Back to posting. So Mel, we are supposed to be svelte for Shad's visit? Well she had better put off her visit for another 2 years then.

Hope you are ok. Saw and read about the mess of weather that ran through your parts yesterday. Stay warm and more than anything STAY AWAY FROM THE FRAPPACINO'S WOMAN I know you love them but they gave you such problems last year. We have to find you a sturdy substitute. I'm sure any mocha flavored powder that you can tolerate with a splash of milk and some crushed ice will work. Trying to think, there was something I had that I said reminded just like Starbucks... when it comes back I'll let you know. Will be under 3 days I'm sure I think you should cry a bit more. People need to understand that life for some is far different from their norm and they need to understand that most often they have nothing to complain about. I am very tired of needy, whiney people who crave constant attention. Just like Cher said "Snap outta it" Seriously though, I think people see you strong and determined and look past the chair and the muscle weakness and the rosacea and you're pretty much there to run their pity party for them and serve their needs. Help the ones who need some help and send the others down to the cellar to stoke the boiler And you can wheel yourself into the shallow end of my pool in the chair which would give you a nice soak up to the boobies. Just enough to cool you off and soak up some afternoon sun.

Carla - I will be watching you carefully. They say that we get a lot of bloat from sugar - besides the empty calories. I know I'd be suffering greatly with no milk or sugar for 2 weeks but I'll bet after you get through the first few rough days that you really will feel light in the step and full of energy. Let us know. for you

Ceejay - what do you mean "Internet Doctors?". Look them up on the Internet to see if they are in your plan or dead God - do you have to swap out your human doctor for "Web MD?" It really is a pity how they have diddled us around with the health care. I also attibute that to having to sit around for 3 hours in the office waiting to see an overbooked doctor. I hear that many doctors now are using nurse practioners so in many cases you don't even see the doctor. Good luck - I hope you can get the care and treatments that you need.

Rose - glad you are home safe and sound - what a horrid trip. Good to hear that Mom came through fine too.

I hope we don't hear from Shad today which would mean she is off ENJOYING A VERY QUIET DAY to herself.

Going to be a cool weekend here weather wise. I am in the mood to declutter and Lord knows this house needs to be decluttered. Got to get back to the Fly Lady no Chaos method. And this weekend is a good one to do it. So with that I will bid you adeiu and get on with my work. Have a good Saturday and Happy St. Pat's to you.

May your cup be overflowing with goodness and wealth
May you be lucky in everything you do today - getting that primo parking spot at the front of the store
Plant a big kiss on someone you love
And a toast to you and your health
Old 03-17-2007, 12:14 PM   #102  
Choose your hard

Mel, the kind of weather and conditions you have now - I swear during those times I just felt like borrowing a flare/fire gun and blasting the crap away. I'd probably set the neighborhood on fire Hope your afternoon is quieter than your morning.
Old 03-17-2007, 01:16 PM   #103  
Smackin' into a Wall

Help me! I'm trapped in a file cabinet trying to figure out my %f^&# taxes. Oy, thank gawd this only happens once a year.

I'll be back later.
Old 03-17-2007, 04:41 PM   #104  
Happy September

I Am Hereby Starting The Let's Rescue Madcat From The File Cabinet Syndrome ( Hereafter Known As The L.R.M.F.T.F.C.S.)

Ok Madcat...bring On The File Cabinet And The Taxmen!!!

Old 03-17-2007, 06:14 PM   #105  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Morning all,
And yes it is Sunday here and I am at work and waiting for the victims to arrive for my training class.
Yesterday was a quiet, I don't give a damn day - if you know what I mean. I got up late, went to the gym, came home and cooked some eggs benedict for breakfast/ lunch (Brunch) and then mooched around for the rest of the day, had a swim, read a book, played games on my new computer, did a bit of a jigsaw puzzle, snoozed. The Team Lead put on dinner so I didn't have to cook that either and a couple of glasses of bubbles took my mind off things.
So here I am back on the day shift and about to teach reservations and requisitions. And since I have some of the power of god on SAP I can upset them all by rejecting their requisitions and sending them back for more information and more information and more information. Gotta love that power.

All these people losing weight before Shad arrives - better get in on the act myself although I must say that I have lost 3kg 6lbs since January and if it ever stabilised, it would be closer to 4kg (8lb and bout 12 oz). All of which pleases me mightily, just wish it was faster.

Speaking of which, I'd better get off here and go set up the room and organise the learning material etc. etc. I'll be back between classes. This one goes until 10 and then I have another at 12.30.
Closed Thread