Closed Thread

Old 03-11-2007, 12:17 PM   #61  
Smackin' into a Wall

Been a kind of weird week. Work has busy and on the home front I’ve been dealing with trying to get the logistics in place to allow someone to fly down to Florida to bring my Mom home next week. It was supposed to be my oldest brother and his girlfriend but, due to a mix-up with her birth certificate, she doesn’t have a passport and so she can’t get on the plane. Had to cancel that ticket (with no refund) and buy a NEW ticket (at a higher price since it is March Break) for my sister. My Mom has sold her place so there need to be two people there to help her pack and remind her that she has a perfectly good wooden salad bowl at home and doesn’t really need to drive the one she has down there all the way back to Canada just to have two. Makes me feel better that my sister is going. I love my brother, but he can be, um, not the most organized or restful of people. It also makes me feel good that I’m NOT going (see above brother comment). Frankly, it’s cheaper for me to pick up the cost of the flights than it is for me to try to take the time off work with no pay and go myself. That probably makes me a bad daughter, but there ya go.

Hey, Mel, glad your PC problems have more or less been sorted out. We miss you when the ‘Puter Gawds are being unkind. You know, if you have problems with the computer it isn’t your fault, it’s the fault of the silly box. It’s bad software design – not a failing in you, the wetware . I have to say that I am really enjoying the Bob Greene book. I especially like his matter of fact approach. He makes it seem pretty achievable. I also like how he talks about having to balance out your end results with the need to actually have a life. It wasn’t what I expected at all.

Happy~ Holy jumpin’ cats, I’m glad your Mom is ok. Do you think she is reacting to the stress of what happened to her? That was very scary. Hope you feel better. With luck, the warm weather and sun will be just what you need.

Ceejay~ What’s in a Mexican casserole? Was it good?

Shad~ Good your plans come together. I always though LindaT lived in San Diego rather than SF, and that’s south of Los Angeles, isn’t it? My knowledge of California is a bit vague. I would like to plan some Toronto get together, if you are game. Lovely pictures, just the kind of reminder that somewhere in the world it isn’t grey and muddy and snow covered. And you aren’t old… Your poor wee (??!) DS. I love Cloudy Bay but it isn’t readily available here.

Carla~ Thanks for asking the Red Rooster question. It’s funny when we are reminded that a lot of what is a "given" to us is probably complete Greek to those who do not share our cultural traditions. I mean, really, does “Roll up the Rim” mean anything to anyone south of the 49th parallel? That is what I find interesting about being here. Good work on the passport. My DB1 was able to get his passport in about three weeks by going to the office to put the application in.

The other fun thing I did this week was to go and see a dietician. She didn’t tell me anything I didn’t know and I found myself staring at my feet and saying things such as “Yes, I could actually bring my lunch more often…”It was good to be reminded that this could be done. It just takes some planning. Hey, big news, I am fat because I don’t plan. Hardly an earth-shattering revelation, but it was good to have the point driven home.

Ok, where has this morning gown? Doesn’t help that the time change robbed me of an hour list morning. I feel jet lagged. I’m off to see some friends this afternoon so I better get a move into that showers. Later chicks!!
Old 03-11-2007, 01:33 PM   #62  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Madcat and Mel--The mexican chicken casserol is delicious and very easy to make. I've been craving this stuff for the longest. I'll post the recipe later. I don't have the cook book with me.

Madcat--It does make sense that if we don't plan we'll take on extra calories. Hmmm.

My aunt kept telling me that we'd loose an hour's sleep. I thought we gained an hour, dah. No wonder it was harder to get up this morning.

This week I'm going to go low carb and low sugar. Dr's appointment on Thusday, ugh.

Have a good day.

Last edited by ceejay52; 03-11-2007 at 01:40 PM.
Old 03-11-2007, 05:24 PM   #63  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

Cool Loving The Rio Caliente!!!

CHEF CJ IS OFF TO GET THE COOKBOOK LATER!! GOODIE!! I WILL LOOK FOR IT AND WRITE IT DOWN

MADCAT~ FOR SOME REASON I LOVE BOB GREENE'S BOOK EVEN THOUGH HE SAYS THERE IS WEB SUPPORT AND IT COSTS EXTRA I WAS DISAPPOINTED IN THAT. BUT THEN DR SOUTH BEACH DID THE SAME AS DID THE REST OF THE DIET GURUS. I WATCHED THE YOU DIET ON TV TODAY. MORE COMMON SEND\SE. MAYBE IF I READ ENOUGH BACK TO BASICS STUFF IN PLAIN ENGLISH I WILL FINALLY GET THE PICTURE! BUT I AM ENJOYING THIS BOOK ALSO. HE HAS A VERY CALM APPROACH. I AM IN PHASE ONE AND STAYING THERE TILL I GET SOME BETTER HABITS!!!

HAVING DISAPPEARED RECENTLY I CAME BACK TO SAY I AM GOING TO THE MALL TOMORROW!!!! I HAVE XMAS GIFT CARDS TO SPEND FROM THE JOB. FOOD SHOPPING IS TUESDAY BUT I WILL POKE MY HEAD IN THE POOL AREA SO KEEP AN EYE OUT FOR ME
DON'T FORGET THAT WHEN APRIL COMES TO LEAVE A FORWARDING ADDRESS SO I DON'T WANDER AROUND ALL OVER THE PLACE HOMELESS
JUST TESTING MY IRISH "JIGS" TO MAKE SURE THEY ARE READY!!
HAVE A GREAT NIGHT!!
Old 03-11-2007, 09:57 PM   #64  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

oh oh. Looks like I started to post, got up and forgot about it. Picking up from where I left off

Happy sneezin', wheezin', drippy nose, watery eyes, hacking cough and they just zapped an hour of my precious weekend away from me Sunday.

Ceejay - I have memorized the "spring ahead / fall behind" rhyme otherwise I'd still be confused on which way to turn. Then I realized that I can look at the computers or the cable box on the TV if I still needed help. I'm with Mel on sharing the chicken recipe - always looking for something new

Mel - got a big kick out of your siggie I give you credit for trying. I've been in I.T. forever but am not as good as Shad at diagnosing and fixing stuff. Probably because I just turned to DH all these years. Hope you find some things to treat yourself with the gift cards. Happy shopping!

Madcat you are not a bad daughter. A bad daughter would beg off and leave everything up to one of the other siblings to deal with. Everyone does something well and it's all about teamwork. Boy going from sunny Florida back to a Canadian winter - even if it is milder TO will be a culture shock. Why the move? Hope all is well on the health front for her. Oh gosh and good luck trying to get them to part with their "stuff". I think the key is that if they think it's useful that someone else continues to use it. Just chucking it in the garbage bin is against their ways. I don't remember - did you say she was a snowbird - spending the winters down south and then heading back up north again? Oh man, you guys are sort of enticing me into getting the Bob Greene book. Maybe I'll try and pick it up at the library when I get my bookclub selection. Isn't roll up the rim a Tim Horton thing???? So you went to see a dietician. Did you think it was worth it? Why wouldn't you go back to WW again? Just curious and don't hesitate to tell me MYOB if I'm asking too much. Like recipes, always curious I am.

Shad - you keep your avatar as long as you want. Not sure I'd recognize you with a different one. Myself, I just like to change things up - hair, furniture, clothes, avatars Need to apply the same principal to the body. How long has it been since Shadow passed? She was a gentle soul. Hopefully she is happy in that big dog run in the sky. I keep forgeting that LindaT is not in SF itself but rather in one of those Santa St San type cities. Hey, tell her to take a day off for a visit. If you don't want to be so bold I'm sure that um huh hmmmm MEL WILL!!!!

My avatar is from the lily pond at the Chicago Botanical Gardens back when you visited us last. DH snapped the picture and I think you have some in your albums too.

Usually the day flies by when we lose an hour but I am still feeling poorly. It's slowly moving into the chest. My voice is all craggy and my poor nostrils are quite sore. I wanted to be outside yesterday to enjoy the nice weather so while DH was out running errands I went out back in the azalea patch and started pulled away the dead leaves and dried seed pods from the sweetgum trees above. I was shaking and pulling and some of the bushes are scratchier than others. I was out for over an hour and when I came in I washed up my arms. They started itching and within 10 minutes I was covered in what looked like a thousand bumps. I smeared on some hydrochordizone cream and when I went to take a shower my skin burned. This has happened to me before and I keep forgetting from year to year. I am allergic to mold. From what I gather, the dead leaves contain mold spores. By reaching in the bushes I'm scratching and opening up the skin, effectively performing the kind of scratch test they do to see if you are allergic. So today I am quite unfit for public viewing with a red nose, stuffy head, watering eyes and arms all red, bumpy and scratched up. So I stayed home - won't see ME crying that I couldn't get to the grocery store today. I did have plenty enough food here for suppers this week. Lunches will be a stretch but I can go out and DH said not to worry - he does not mind eating tuna 4 days in a row (thank you!).

I did make a pot of low point vegetable soup. I need to get back to WW again. I did notice all this weekend that if I don't have something planned ahead of time, I wander around hungry and that's when I get into trouble.

And with that, it's time to get the last load out of the dryer and bid you all a good night. Pleasant dreams or good morning depending on which side of the sun you're on.
Old 03-11-2007, 10:58 PM   #65  
Suzi in Auz

Ok time to post. I love it when I get time to really see what you all have been doing and comment.

Shad.........I just read that we are off to Aus in April. What a lovely idea. I better get my tour guide hat on, although I think you might have a more varied experience. We better head to warmer climates as Sydney can start to get cooler.
Shad what dates are you going to the US/ Canada? I am travelling to N.Y.C with my husband on the 4th july and will be there until the 12th. It's the first time I have been to NYC as an adult so I am really looking forward to it. The flights are booked and it's all go. We are leaving the kids home with Grandma.
Are you there about that time? I would love to catch up with you and Mel.
I don't have transprt as such yet. I am sure I can arrange something though.
The pics of the boat look stunning and you are looking mighty fine.

Madcat
Lovely to c u. Now you mustn't beat yourself up! I do know the feeling of having to deal with Mum's who live a while away and as they are aging they are not easy. It's ok for you to pass the buck some and you are NOT a bad daughter. We so easiely give ourselves the guilts overthese silly things.

Happy
Chicken soup thoughts sent your way. You poor dear with the allergies. There is nothing worse. I too have had a really yucky coldy fluy thing for the past couple of days and am just coming out of the haze now.
Your soup sounds yum. I love the idea of soup, it's so easy and with all those veges you just feel so healthy. It's getting a little cooler here and almost soup weather.
Ceejay
Your chicken casserole sounds delicious. recipe please?

We had a lovely weekend but the house is a mess. I decided to just leave it and get out and enjoy the beautiful weather, yesterday was a classic Sydney day with not a cloud in the sky. We went into the city and just snjoyed being tourists in our own town. The rocks are so lovely with the markets and the ferry was fun. Manly shined in the sunshine and we enjoyed a really nice lunch at the Bier Garden. DH has a hugely busy week next week and will be busy over the weekend also. We have booked to do a bridge walk on Sunday as it's the 75th anniversary of the opening of the Sydney Harbour Bridge. It should be fun.
ok looks like work is getting busy and so I must fly.

Much love to all
Suzi
Old 03-12-2007, 03:15 AM   #66  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Finally, finally.............
Made it onto the site.
The system would only get me as far as Support Groups then it hung when I asked for the thread.
Life gets tedious don't it!

Anyway, it is good to get back and read the posts. I'm working late so thought I'd answer this and then go do the running sheet for tomorrow.

LindaT as I understand lives in San Jose about 1 hour south of SF. So you were nearly all right. I have yet to sort the itinerary for that part of it. Will get back to it soon. Unfortunately at the moment 90 cooks seem to have been let loose in the kitchen and pandemoneum has broken out big time. Our friend the tfg spat the dummy during trainer meetings the other day and has now been taken off everything except what he is supposed to do - ie Finance stuff. He is so far behind in that as well that he has the use of one of my roosters to help him with his stuff. I am not amused and am doing the best impression to date of Queen Vicky! Actually the rooster is not amused either. He is developing a healthy dislike of the tfg. He did apologise to the Training Lead about his dummy spit but too late - she told him she has now landed extra stress on the rest of us just so he can catch up on his stuff. There goes a good guilt trip or two.
What does 'roll up the rim' mean anyway.
Gotta go fix this thing. I'll be back late tomorrow morning, I have an early morning training session and then the rest of the day to myself. Hurrah for early starts.

Suzi - since they want to be nice and warm, we might start in the vineyards and move progressively south and end the month with spring in Tasmania - not to mention glorious cheeses, fabulous smoked salmon and scenery to die for. Next best thing to NZ that State.

Last edited by Shad; 03-12-2007 at 03:19 AM. Reason: Forgot the PS
Old 03-12-2007, 09:57 AM   #67  
Happy September

MADCAT...I FORGOT TO SAY ALSO THAT YOU ARE NOT A BAD DAUGHTER...A SMART AND ORGANIZED DAUGHTER WOULD BE A BETTER DESCRIPTION. DON'T BE SECOND GUESSING YOURSELF!!! I HAD A GOOD LAUGH AT THE SALAD BOWL!!!

HAPPY~ HOPE YOU WILL BE FEELING BETTER SOON. I HAD A SIMILAR EXPERIENCE WHEN THE GAVE ME THOSE DONATIONS FROM THAT CELLAR!!!! ITCHY ALL OVER AND MY ARMS!!! NOTHING AS BAD AS YOU BECAUSE I REALIZED IT RIGHT AWAY WHEN MY NOSE CLOGGED UP! SO SORRY YOU GOT THE MOLD ON TOP OF THE SINUS/COLD ISSUE!! GET WELL SOON!

SUZI~ EVERYONE IS GOING SOMEWHERE!!! TRAVELING CHICKS! YOUR WEEKEND SOUNDED VERY NICE AND I HOPE YOU ENJOY THE BRIDGE'S ANNIVERSARY NEXT WEEKEND!!

SHAD~ TFG IS LUCKY HE HAD SOMEONE TO HELP HIM!! ALSO LUCKY THAT YOU DON'T CARRY A BASEBALL BAT AROUND WITH YOU ON A REGULAR BASIS! HOPE THE REST OF THE WEEK GOES WELL!!

WHEN YOU DECIDE TO GO TO THE MALL THE NEXT DAY IT IS ALWAYS BETTER IF YOU MAKE SURE THE CLOCK IS SET AHEAD TO THE APPROPRIATE TIME! JEN CAME DOWN NEAR 9AM AND FOUND ME JUST CRAWLING OUT OF BED! I FORGOT TO RESET THE PALM HANDHELD WHEN I SET THE ALARM SO BE IT. THERE IS ALWAYS NEXT MONDAY. TOO BAD THIS IS ONE OF MY FAVORITE MALLS.
SUN IS OUT AND IT LOOKS WONDERFUL. BETTER GET ON WITH THE DAY. HAPPY MONDAY/TUESDAY
Old 03-12-2007, 09:57 AM   #68  
Choose your hard

Hey there ladies,

Good to see that you have caught up with us again Suzi. Forgot that you can help Shad with next month's itinerary. Your weekend in the city sounded like fun. When you do the Sydney Harbour Bridge do you walk straight across or do you walk up on an elevated platform Not sure why I thought that was the case. July 4th (our country's Independence Day) should be fun in NYC. I'm sure they will do a nice fireworks show somewhere although from what I've seen of Sydney Harbour on New Year's Eve - we have NOTHING on you folks

Shad, I see you're getting hung up on the site here too. Sometimes I just completely close the browser window and open a new one. Sometimes even that doesn't work and I have to come back later. Sorry to hear the tfg is wreaking havoc again. I guess it goes to show you the shortage of trainers if someone the likes of him can keep getting employment. Grit your teeth and carry on. Oh and I meant to tell you that I loved the pics from the boat trip. You look happy and your buddy looks especially delighted or is that the wine making her smile? Geez I would think that if you're not used to indulging the wine and some choppy sea waves would make for one very green tummy. You are looking good - the hairstyle is a bit different, maybe a bit longer on top? Looks cute on you.

Mel, I received your email this morning. Thanks for the catch up. I will try and respond tonight. Hang in there my friend

Ok, even tho I am feeling a bit green myself this morning, better get some work done myself. Later chicks...
Old 03-12-2007, 09:59 AM   #69  
Choose your hard

Ah looks like Mel took her reading seriously and is back up and running with the computer again Welcome back - good on yah woman!
Old 03-12-2007, 04:35 PM   #70  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

I've been busy all day.

So far so good on the food plan. My major trouble is still eating after 7 p.m.
I've been getting up 30 minutes earlier and riding the bike for 30 minutes. This seems to start my day out in a good way.

Mel--I'm with you on getting back to the basics and stayiing there. If I move on to a new routine I simply think I've graduated and don't have to go back.

Happy-- I hear you on the allergies. I couldn't figure out what was happening with my sinues until last week end in Paragould. Things are blooming. The tulip tree's are in full bloom. Feel better soon.

Shad--Stay clear of the rooster's. That baseball bat may come in handy. Seem's like they have their feathers ruffled.
Reason LindaT. San Jose has an air port. We landed there when I visited my niece who lives about 30 minutes from there in Fremont. I'm with Happy I'd almost tell her to take off a day. She should have vacation time.

Suzi--I was wondering if you had gotten lost.

Madcat- Have you gotten things squared away in bringing your mom back to Canada.

Holly and Carla--Where are you???

More later.
Old 03-12-2007, 05:44 PM   #71  

Quick dash in and out - of course I meant Autumn in Tassie - spring doesn't happen for another 6 months or so. D'oh - other things on my mind.

Suzi and I will sort out a trip from Cairns to Hobart (not by boat) and we will take you on a journey through 4 States on the Eastern Seaboard of Australia. The Journey will be around 3500k or 2000 miles and take a whole month. Think we will be fit enough for that come April? Suzi - get your thinking cap on - find some delights in NSW, and Victoria (let's take them into the high country, they've been to Melbourne) and I'll sort out Tas and Qld.

Gotta go, more later.
Old 03-13-2007, 01:05 AM   #72  

Greetings all from SUNNY Southern California.
We had a lovely weekend in Laguna. It was windy and kind of chilly, but such a terrific change from hot dry Texas. We discovered a divine restaurant and it turned out to be an expanding chain: Salt Creek Grill. (Not Salt GRASS, though those are OK.) YUMMY. And I almost stayed on program by only eating 1/3 of what they gave me.

Then we moved to El Segundo (near LA Airport) so DH could try to whip some of his California counterparts into shape. I don’t think that happened. I got lazy (lots of walking up and down hills and stairs in Laguna) and just stayed in the hotel. Actually it was neat to sit and sketch and color and read. Without feeling I “ought” to be doing laundry, or pulling weeds, etc.

Tonight we drove a bit north and ate dinner by a Marina. BIG sailboats and lots of power boats. House sparrows hopped really close to us, hoping that our dinner would turn into bird seed. A hummingbird flitted around in the bamboo. Then a group of rowers/crew team members returned to the dock with their sculling boats. There’s a good exercise! They were BUFF.

CeeJay—If Cheney had to take a drug test, could they shut down the war? I couldn’t believe that you’d have to shut down the plant when you weren’t there. You must be IMPORTANT! I love Mexican style casseroles... can't imagine a Tex-Mex one that would be low on fat or calories.

Shad: I love that your typewriter can type in Australian. :smile: And you were temperate. Way to go. Will gladly meet you at DFW if your layover is long enough…
The “A” countries sound a bit iffy to me. Does “Angleterre” count?

Happy: I’ll keep my fingers crossed about your mom. Could she qualify for live in help? Or find a roomie? There are a bunch of us who thought we might all retire together after we outlived our husbands. How’s that for presumption?!! I hope by the time I get all the posts read you’ll be feeling better.

Mel: So sorry that the ration of sh*t is bigger than usual. I don’t think it has anything to do with turning 60. I’m reading Sherwin Nuland’s book on The Art of Aging and he talks about maintaining reserves of strength, humor and attitude. I see that yours are depleted a bit. What can we do to help you restore yours? Besides oust all the dumb bureaucrats? And maybe the Dell tech support people?
Can you send the Maori Queen to me? I could use some good advice. At least that 4 pounds leaves once in a while. I think I may have caught them last week… (And I THOUGHT the jet stream went the other direction.)

Carla¨ I loved Nepenthe back in the 60’s. If you count paying for the view, it’s not so over priced. Spectacular!! And, like you, I really enjoy the Chicago Botanical Gardens… although the St. Louis one has pretty awesome water lily ponds, too. When I get back home, I’ll find my photos… I painted one… but it is more artsy than representative. I am SO SORRY about your seed pod allergy. You weren’t here when I (gruesomely) reported on my first ever case of Poison Ivy. YUCK YUCK YUCK.) I hope you have some good drugs and lots of antihistamines. And time to rest.

Madcat: I must have missed the story about your Mom. Hope the move (and salad bowl situation) turns out well. There are LOTS of ways to be a good daughter. And sometimes what WE think makes us a good one isn’t what anybody else thinks. Oh Well! Ultimately, living with ourselves is what matters.

Has anybody heard from Linus recently? Has her bebe quieted down yet?
I think Linda T is near Campbell/Saratoga/San Jose. Not more than 60 min. from SF if you avoid rush hour—if you don’t get lost. There are plenty of mid-way points where you could meet and have calm time.

TTFN
Old 03-13-2007, 01:29 AM   #73  

Back again - training done for the day and I am back at my desk and being harassed by the roosters and a few others.

Madcat - you are certainly not a bad daughter. Hey, you organised the family to go get the mother. You sorted the unsortable and got things moving. Gotta love the salad bowl story.
There are times when you've just got to say - sorry I can't go, but I'll pay for you to go - now get outa here and just do it!
Plan a get together Madcat - I'll give you the dates just as soon as I sort out NYC and Mel. That should be around 7/8 June and Toronto a few days later - June 10 appears to be a Sunday. Sounds like a good day to me. But as I said, I'll work on it asap. I'll see if I can get some Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc in the Duty free store and we can have it - errrrr maybe not. I believe the Airline Security are not limiting the amount of liquid one can take on board. If I can get it packed properly, I bring some with me. If not - we go on a rampage to find some. Look out Toronto.

Happy - my gentle old dog passed away 3 years ago on the day that I leave for the States. He is no doubt cavorting away at the end of the rainbow, keeping an eye out for me and his beloved ball.
Hope you are feeling better today with the sinus' and the mold inhalation. Let this be a lesson - long sleeves, garden gloves and a hat when gardening. That way you wont look like a Biafran refugee. And don't forget the moisturiser and the sunscreen and the insect repellent.

Suzi - I'm going over in May and June. So I won't be there for when you arrive. I have the same concerns about finding my way around NYC but I might just do what I did in London - close your eyes and keep moving. They always get out of your way - even if the cussing gets louder.
We'll sort out something interesting for April, don't worry about it.

Anyway, I'd better go and get some work done. I'll catch up with you lot tomorrow.

Oh yes and while I remember - the boat hairdo - it looks like it did for a couple of reasons. I'd had it cut but not coloured and I don't have a hairdryer up here so it's gone curly as well. And the wind out on the sea doesn't allow for my usual svelte, soft chignon style
Old 03-13-2007, 08:33 AM   #74  
Happy September

HELLO MISS HAPPY!! I SEE UOUR LITTLE EGG IS LIT! I WILL READ AND RESPND NOW. JUST WANTED TO SAY HELLO TO MY SOUTHERN SISTER FIRST!

Last edited by MELODY525; 03-13-2007 at 08:38 AM.
Old 03-13-2007, 08:50 AM   #75  
Choose your hard

Morning folks,

Madcat - I like your new avatar. Even Kitty likes the pool it seems. Things going better in your life today?

Shad, that's a whole lotta stuff to remember just to go out and dig around in the bushes - no wonder I mostly leave it to DH As for getting around NYC there's only 1 way. Stand stiff, stick your arm straight out with the index finger pointed and yell "TAXI!!!!" I strongly advise against the subway unless you ABSOLUTELY know where you are going. You can walk about but it's a very big city and things are generally quite a fair distance apart. Madcat, didn't you just spend a weekend there with your buddy Gord? I haven't been there in years but the first thing I would get down pat is where NOT TO BE as there are some rather frightful sections of town. Do not go for a stroll in Central Park after dark. And if I remember correctly sometimes to get from one place to another you have to pass through some areas it would be better off not walking in so the taxis are a good choice. Besides, taxis in New York are their own experience. As are the delis and streetside vendors. Not that I wanted to scare you off about New York. It's just a big city and has it's own issues. Same as Memphis or Chicago or probably Sydney for that matter.

Hello Painter aka "Valley Girl". Sounds like you are having a wonderful time down L.A. way. We'll just bide our time with Mum for the moment. I think she's coming around to the idea that it's getting near time to give up the house. That's funny that you mentioned getting together with friends and forming your own "commune" later in life. We've talked about that too. Of course back in the 70's we also talked about hanging around and being 60 year old hippies in the park too :smoker:

Ceejay - I hear you on the not eating after 7pm. Bob Greene was on Oprah and he said that's one of the biggest keys to losing weight - stop eating at least 2 hours before bedtime. It's a dastardly little habit that creeps up on you and it so hard to ignore. Good luck. Keep up with the bike.

Sorry you missed the bus to the mall Mel. Maybe you could smile and wink a few times and get them to make an extra trip. I was also sad to hear you lost the extra chair too. Keeping my fingers that something else opens up for you. I hope you a getting a bit of the fresh spring breezes that are blowing around these parts.

The pear trees just popped into bloom when I wasn't looking. Gorgeous white flowers. Several other pink trees are blooming too. I still haven't learned all the varieties. The yellow forsynthia is competing for attention too. It really is pretty here in the spring. My azaleas should be popping in a few weeks. I hope they bloom this year. The first year they were magnificent and last year they were disappointing. Guess the weather played a part in that and we learned that you can't trim them in the fall when they are working hard to create new shoots for the following spring.

I am still feeling cruddy. My voice is barely a croak from being so dry. I am guzzling the water. Head it still all stuffy and achy. It almost wants to move into my chest but keeps hovering in the head. And I am so weak it astounds me. I mopped the kitchen floor last night and had to sit down afterwards. 5 days of this with no end in sight has tried my patience. I have little tolerance for being sick. Ok, pity party over - work becons and I have to change purses before I leave today so that's an ordeal in itself. Take care ladies, have a good day.
Closed Thread