Closed Thread

Old 03-28-2007, 11:42 AM   #136  
Mardi Gras'07 New Orleans

S/C/G: 253/253/160

Diana we didnt have bad weather but the sky looked terrible
i gained another lb i really need to stop getting on the scale everyday.
have a great day everyone
Old 03-28-2007, 02:16 PM   #137  
Diana

Height: 5' 4"

OMG!! Two things....first, I just mopped my kitchen and dining room (it's a very large area...probably 700 sq ft). I know I burned off my whole lunch...and it was a bigger than normal lunch! I'm aching and sweating. Anyone know how many calories mopping burns if you do it with a heavy mop and it only takes you about 15 minutes? Man, I'm tired and HOT!!!

Secondly, if someone knows how to post a picture, I'll post the picture of the funnel cloud (a tornado that dropped from the sky, but didn't touch the ground) that formed over our family-owned machine shop (about 2 miles from my house) yesterday. It's on the front page of our city newspaper. Here's the link to it: http://www.nwlanews.com/index.php?op...d=15&Itemid=57

Click "read more" below where it says, "Shongaloo, Sarepta take brunt of storm damage"

However, it'll be gone off the front page after today, but it'll still be findable.

That's all! Sorry such a weird post! lol
Diana
Old 03-28-2007, 10:16 PM   #138  

wow diana im glad it did not touch down i get so nervous with wether like that its unpredictable plus i drive all way from the westbank to gentilly new orleans to go to work and back i would hate to get stranded on the greater new orleans bridge.
Old 03-29-2007, 07:01 AM   #139  
rambler

S/C/G: 296/225/170

Hey girlies! Sorry this is going to be a quick run by again, but 5 year old baseball can really take over your life if you let it! I don't know how folks with more than one kid playing can do it!!!! Anyway scale was 242.6 yesterday but back to 243 this morning. I am still fighting the good fight and trying to be sensible about it all but have a goal in mind that is looming ever closer. I have a beach trip the first week of may and really want to be in the 220 by then. even if it is just 229 i would be really happy. We'll see.....

Quick congrats to Mia and Robsia, if i am understanding right we have babies on the way!!!!! That is fabulous. I pray for healthy comfortable pregnancies for both of you!

Gotta run will try to check in later, don't know if i will ever get caught up on all the goings on but hope that all is well with everyone! Erin
Old 03-29-2007, 07:32 AM   #140  
MasterHarper

Height: 5'5"

Morning ladies. Well, take a look at this:

OK, so I had a bit of a belly before I got pg but not this big!! This is ridiculous. I was told that you show earlier in 2nd and subsequent pregnancies but I didn't expect to show THIS early - I look about 4 months. And I've gained half a pound. I was hoping to maintain in my 1st tri and I've been really careful about what I eat.

No other news from me - it's odd how a pregnancy totally takes over your life and suddenly it's all you can think about. I'll try not to be too much of a baby bore.
Old 03-29-2007, 10:30 AM   #141  
Mom of 4

S/C/G: 276/230/175

Height: 5'2"

Robisa - I am very short in the waist and showed very very early, I had to start wearing materinity clothes at about 9 weeks on all 4 pregnancies. And hey the belly is cute. Don't worry about being a baby bore, I don't want anymore babies, 4 is enough, but I loved being pregnant and will enjoy hearing from you and Mia.

Well ladies the scales are at 224 and I am so frustrated. I think I am gonna have to take a water pill, I can not get rid of this fluid. My face isn't so puffy anymore but my hands and ankles are still super swollen. I do not know what I at or drank over the weekend to balloon me up so bad or if it is TOM but I am for sure uncomfortable.

Well better get to work, Check back soon.
Old 03-29-2007, 10:33 AM   #142  
Mom of 4

S/C/G: 276/230/175

Oh almost forgot, You Louisana ladies have any suggestions on what to do in Baton Rouge? We have decided to go for vacation this year. We have friends that live there that we haven't seen in about 11 years.
Old 03-29-2007, 12:31 PM   #143  
Diana

Robbin, this isn't a recreation suggestion but a valuable one, nontheless....if you'll be out any at all, bring plenty of mosquito spray!!! They're already horrible and it's only end of march! (AND, I live in NW La...they're worse the further south ya go!) We've been doing quite a bit of fishing lately (bought a boat) and they (mosquitos) almost carried us off this last time! It was horrible!!! BTW, take that water pill....you'll feel soooo much better!!

Well girls, I've had a really upset stomach (virus hubby and daughter had? hope not!!) for the last day and a half. Hopefully it'll look good on scales, though. It took my husband down to within 10 lbs of his weight goal when he had it. He's only gained maybe a lb. of it back. (UGH! MEN! Why's it so much easier for them???) Yesterday I made me a hamburger (93% FF beef) and ate 2 servings of tater tots (baked). I didn't add up the total points, but ate a subway sandwich for supper and worked my butt off all day long, so between the upset stomach and all the work, I'm not worried about it at all...scales were hangin' still this morning. I'm hoping for a decrease by Sunday, though!

Got work to do....have a great day everyone!!
Old 03-29-2007, 01:35 PM   #144  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Just thought I drop in to cheer up all the Southern Belles . . . this is bound to make you guys feel better about your mosquito infestation . . .

. . . we are in the middle of a raging blizzard . . . yes, you read that right . . . BLIZZARD. Only four to six inches of snow predicted by the end of tonight but the 60 mph winds are making a horrible mess . . . all the schools and a lot of the businesses in the entire county have been closed. OMG, I so hope this is the last storm of the season.

I agree . . . the Preggers are welcome to keep talking about it . . . it is such a wonderful thing. I was exactly the same way with both of mine and it's funny because apparently my Mother was completely the opposite and hardly even had to wear maternity clothes until her 7th month . . . I would have though something like that would have been a family trait.

Anyway . . . I had to cancel my original plans for today due to the weather and since I still haven't got the DVD player working, guess I have to resort to laundry and housework to fill my time as I sit around enjoying this beautiful day. Ah, Spring in Atlantic Canada.

Hope everybody has a great moving and shaking fun time doing whatever you are doing. See you soon . . .
Old 03-29-2007, 09:27 PM   #145  

hi everyone how was your day? mine went well wanting to eat everything its weird how one you find out your preg you start feeling like you are. I did do some arm lifts with my dumbells even if my belly gets huge im determined to have well defined arms and legs wont that be a sight
Old 03-30-2007, 11:13 AM   #146  
Working on 'Project Me'

S/C/G: 199 (1st goal)

Height: 5'6"

Hey ladies! Just thought I should pop my head in before the weekend takes hold of me again. I've been re-doing my daughters bathroom. I decided it should be kid friendly for her, she's only young once. So I bought a whole new bath set. Brown/pink/cream with a little black scottish terrier. I spent yesterday painting the top half of the walls a deep brown and intend on finishing the bottom half of the walls with wainscoting in a cream color this weekend. I'll snap a pic when I'm done to show you what I've up to. Other than that nothing new in my life as far as weight loss...I'm totally disappointed with my efforts. I'm just like a kid here lately...I just won't learn a lesson! I gotta get my thoughts in order and then put them into a plan of action.

I hope you all are having a great day!

By the way Robsia, loved the baby bump! It's so cute. What does your daughter think of a new little brother or sister coming?
Old 03-31-2007, 06:31 PM   #147  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Hi Gang . . .

Hope everybody is having a great weekend. Our weather is definitely better than Thursday, but still cold and not what you like to think of as 'Spring'. At least I finally got the new TV and the old DVD player cooperating and the Frog and I are back together again . . . so no more excuses for slacking off with the exercise routines, I guess.

New bathroom sounds great TINA , I'll be looking forward to the pictures, then you can come down East and work on my house.

Actually I do need to do one thing fairly soon. The mini-blinds on all ten windows in the family room need to be replaced . . . should have been done last year, actually. The biggest expanse of windows (the 20 foot side of the room) faces south and I only put vinyl shades in there in the first place and over the years, the hot summer sun as warped them out of shape. I keep them pulled up during the winter to get as much sun as possible, so I tend to forget about them. Thinking of trying good old fashioned roller-blinds this time round, just for a change of pace . . . better decide soon.

Well, better get dinner under way . . . going to do a shrimp "stir-steam". Hope you all have a great moving and shaking evening. Keep on doing the good stuff as much as you possibly can and the rewards will follow. See you soon . . .
Old 04-01-2007, 09:27 AM   #148  
doinTHEbestIcan

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning Ladies!!!

I hope you are all doing well and congrat to the pregnant ladies here on the board!! I wish you both a wonderful smooth, heathly pregnancy and I hope you both have big healthy babies with heads full of hair!!!

Well the scales are at 209 but I have lost another inch so I've got another NSV!!!

Have a wonderful day ladies!!!
Old 04-01-2007, 05:13 PM   #149  
Diana

Just a quick note, everyone (besides hoping everyone's weekend is going okay!)...I'm about to go out in public (boat ride with family) in a pair of shorts!! Now to most, that's not a big deal. But my legs are sooo big (dimply and cellulite galore!!) that I've not been out in public in shorts in literally YEARS!! Ten atleast! This is a big step for me. I'm still very self-conscious. Don't feel like it's time yet, but hubby says I look okay for it. I know no one will laugh, but I'll still feel self-conscious. Maybe tanning bed would help me feel better about it? I have never had a "fake" tan....nor a really good real one! lol Maybe this will be the year I treat myself? It's kinda exciting. I hope I feel comfy enough in my shorts to do this this summer....how nice it'll be to not be the only one scorching in blue jeans in August outside in the sun! Nerve, don't fail me now!
Old 04-02-2007, 10:09 AM   #150  
rambler

S/C/G: 296/225/170

Okay gang just another quick pop in for me. Scales were at 241.2 on friday and then i took my batteries out and took it to a friends house to hold it hostage for a while. I am so wrapped up in the numbers that i feel that i have totally lost sight of wanting to become healthy! So no more weighing for a while. The withdrawals are not bad, only one round of convulsions so far! Just kidding, i do miss not knowing exactly what is happening to the numbers but i really do believe that getting healthy is the main priority here and that is what i am focusing on. I have been doing much better with my eating the last few days and am starting to feel better too!

Well gotta run i really need to be heading out to see some patients! Hope yall are having a great day! Erin
Closed Thread