Faire Queens Sashay to the Spring Palace

You're on Page 1 of 8
Go to
  • Come one and come all Royal Personages (and you KNOW who you are!) Let your spirits be light and your journey pleasant as we saunter, slim and sashay towards the Spring Palace

Come in and make whatever kind of commitment you want. What will float your boat? What will enliven your days and bring you joy? Let's do it!

The vernal equinox approacheth. Avanti!

• Doesn't the vernal equinox sound fresh and sweet...

Ahhhh! Here we are again in the Spring Palace. So happy to be back!

My commitment is to:

• Follow the Core program to the T
    • Do mind/body every day (meditation plus at least one of: yoga, tai chi, qi qong -- or Pilates if I ever manage to get started on it)
    • Drink at least 2 liters of water a day
    • At least 3 high-intensity aerobic sessions per week
    • 3 circuit training sessions
    • At least 7 fruit/veggie servings a day
    • Have some FUN every day

Ah, such good and familiar goals. This year we shall be svelte!
  • Love the title of the new spring thread! Let me think on this.... Will be back!
  • Hello all

Thanks for the new thread WoodNymph! Sashay is exactly what I need to do!

Hope everyone is well... I just poked my head in to say hello....
    Bed is beckoning....
  • thanks for starting the new thread, arabella. it's been a while since i last checked in, but have been thinking about you all. this winter sure hasn't been the best for me physically, but up until the last couple of weeks, i hadn't really been using that as much of an excuse to get lax. recently, though, i have gotten very sloppy with my food plan. no more of that, though! will come up with my plan for sashaying into spring. take care, royals.
  • Oh, Thank Thee, Faire Arabella, Queen of the Spring Palace. Yes, the thought of the Vernal Equinox bringeth to life the inner Queen. 'Tis also the approx. time I shall be returning to this brick and mortar palace from DDs. Surgery set for 3/7 (hosp. arrival time be 5:30 a.m. Stitches come out 3/21 and then home as soon as seems prudent.

I'll think of goals but suspect it might just be to get through with as little setback as possible. Stopping some meds as of tomorrow and going to need to be real gentle with the old body.

Ah flower, would resist even the purchase but how can I when the smiling little purveyors are my only two grandchildren? 3 boxes already packed for helpful young neighbors, five for freezer. Looked at the Thin Mints last night and said no - for as you say, it would be the whole box.
  • Sunday in the Spring Fling Palace
    Aaaaaannnnd, what do I do, right off the bat? Went to a party last night and had too much wine, fattening apps and a piece of carrot cake with a smidgen of ice cream. I guess the occasional fiesta day won't hurt toooo much as long as it's the single day. I had fun, didn't stuff myself but was for sure over on cals and had some nonOP choices. I want to get back to the mode of not easing up even for parties -- planning ahead and being prepared. Next time! Today I'm definitely back on the horse and shall ride on. Fresh starts again.

I bring fond greetings from the Queens in yonder palace who can't make the trip so often. Eydie and Amarantha send a royal

WSW, good for you staying OPish until recent weeks. Perfect time to catch yourself, too. Kudos!

Anagram, it's nice that you're getting the surgery out of the way so early, too, so you'll be up and gambolling as the weather gets lovely. Yes, be gentle with yourself, by all means!

Flower, Kaylets We shall do this thing!

• Okay, goals, timelines, ect ect....

I HAVE to make myself excersice. I have all these plans once I get to Florida but in the mean time I am just twiddling my thumbs. I must move my body 30 minutes every single day! {other than mom/cleaning duties}

I need to drink more plain water too. I am doing okay food wise. I used every single flex point this past week, but once they were gone, I knew no more splurges. Thankgoodness I start over today.

Scale goal? I would like to up it to 1.5 pounds a week lost instead of the 1 I have been doing.

I would like to start meditating as well. I have a few get started books and they have been just collecting dust. Would be a great way to rechannel my stress.
  • i am ready to start my spring jaunt to a slimmer me. my plan for this block is to:
    - go back to my old tried and true small, healthy portions food program
    -keep up with my regular daily exercise routine
    -meditate daily
    -continue keeping up with my de-cluttering
    -listen to more music which i enjoy, and all too often forget to do
    -and have some fun each day (one of the hardest things for me to remember to do (i am indeed a work in progress.)
  • Hi Queenies! Wheat I had on Saturday night is making me feel the effects today: tired, achy, stuffy, cranky. I think I've got to cut out bread on a regular basis and just have it once in a while even if it's spelt.

Walked to the gym and back this a.m., did the circuit training and came back for yoga. Drinking the water. Will I meditate and have fun? I hope so, but like most of us it seems to be the hardest!

Starting tomorrow, I'm going to print out my list of goals and check things off through the day.

I've got to get going here... Y'all!
  • Mornin' all!

Back to the basics sounds good to me....I know those feelings Arabella! WAlk, water and calories...controls and quality...here I come. I feel like I'm slipping...need to rein in myself.

Flower you are doing great!

....it is Tuesday...gotta go!
  • Done 1 to 185. I guess I should be happy it is moving in the right direction, right? I want to see bigger numbers, lol.

I have a cash offer on my house. I am countering cause she is insane if she thinks I am going to give it away. The realtor will be over today so I can sign the counter. We will see..... fingers crossed.
  • Hello all...

Anagram.... Here's to the surgical procedure (s) going well....quick healing, minimal discomfort and lots of spoiling by dd, ds and the princesses.....
    They will let you use their internet right???

Flower-- Smart girl! Its true, you have to play the game to win! Sometimes folks counter more than once too!

WSW-- Yes, decluttering is good for the soul....I am doing scheduled decluttering now at the job. One thing for sure, the result of knowing " check the file room first" sure makes for less sweat on the brow....

Why I hate filing so is a mystrey.... seems almost like a waste of time until later when you are looking for something....

Ceara--- local lady here pup won a big dog show.... It was interesting to read the paper and instead of thinking " Do I know this lady?" instead, thinking of you and wondering how you were.....

Ok...

Stress eating is a real downfall for me. I have proven to myself that eating is my #1 coping skill....

why am I suprised.... because I was sure it was a willpower issue.... yes, I know I've been saying I know better... but NOW I really do know better....

So....

Onward, forward,

HERE WE GO WEDNESDAY, HERE WE GO!

Thought of the day:
    "When in doubt, just take the next small step."

Question of the day :
    "How often do you take the steps vs the elevator?"

Tra la!
  • Good morning, Queenlies!
    I'm back on track now after the party blip. But -- wow, I always forget how a "slip" (jump) off the wagon can have effects that last days. I was up 5 pounds from ticker (instead of the 3 that I've been doing battle with since January), tired, craving sugar, cranky, etc. Nope -- that sugar and wheat are just not a good idea for me.

All is well again, though, and I'm back to the up-and-down 3 pound issue. Which I shall expect to see diminished by Friday (my new weigh day).

WSW, me too! I so need to listen to music and have fun -- must make those a priority!

Flower, keeping fingers crossed on your offer! Congrats on the fluffy release!

Ceara, yup, those old basics work, for sure. Had someone ask the other day how I'd taken the 30 off and had to say -- well, eating less and healthily and exercising consistently.

Kaylets, stress used to be my big one but now I think it's fatigue. If only I could learn to take a nap when I'm tired!

Anagram, are you back from Princessville yet?

K, Lovelies, I must apply nose to grindstone! Let's make this a good one!

• G'mornin', Angelic Queenlies! Glad to see all doing better.

Crossing toes on your counter offer. At least if you comes to terms, a cash offer will go more quickly and you'll be on your way. That was the way the third time offer I mentioned way back went for us, at least. It was cash and a really nice buyer.

Wood Nymph, glad you're down to your 3 lb battle weight again. Me, too. I'm down to (somedays) just above that Onederland number but then I've been there so often

Yes, Kaylets, I'll have internet access (much better than my own) and hope to keep up while I'm gone. I hate filing too and,worse yet, sorting out old files. Have been glad I have some semblance of order though as lately I seem to have needed lots of old records.

wsw, looks like some spring in your area. Hope it's helping you feel better. I'm off some of my meds now and treading cautiously.

So it's off to maybe buy some more underwear, then some other things I'll need. Stocked up at grocery store yesterday - not done yet. I have lots of sweet people who've offered to drive me around when I get home but don't want to take too much advantage. I'm sure I'll need a lot over the period of a month.

Basics will do it, ceara. I can't seem to get with/stay with them long enough any more to see any real progress. My plan had definitely been to lose five this past month and instead I'm still working on the same three pounds I was a month ago.

To be nice here today - hopefully more snowmelt. Backyard still looks pretty, esp. w/bluesky and light little fluffy clouds.

So I'm off.