Old 02-24-2007, 02:28 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 165/165/150

Height: 5-8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canuk4 View Post
Thanks for the compliment SDGal, I think you have me beat though. Your going to lose some working on that kitchen and painting, even without dvd's. What colour are you using? I love Lean Quisine as well, a little more expensive here, even on sale, usually $1.99
Oh.. I don't know Sharon, I have been leisurely repainting.. its a mess with all the doors off the cabinets. We won't allow people in.. lol

The cabinets are going to be a soft off white and the walls a pale sage green. I think the contrast will be striking. I've considered getting hardware for the doors but not certain now. I need some of those little sticky pads for the inside corners of the doors as well as a buffer. I'll post pictures once its complete.

We're also looking at lighting fixtures for the dining room. YAY! I hate the one that's currently there, its freakin ugly. lol I found one at Lowe's that silver/pewter colored, sort of art deco. Its really lovely.

Hugs to all, have a super weekend..
SD Gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2007, 08:31 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 155/148/128

Height: 5'7"

SDGal - Looks like we have the same idea. Just got back from Lowe's. We've been working on my son's room for two months - a slow but sure process. Just bought a ceiling fan and 5 x 7 area rug. Picked up a desk on clearance at Staples - all glass. My son wants his room to look like a science lab so everything is stainless steel and glass. We have a big winter storm on the way so I thought it would be a good day to work on the room. Maybe I could even exercise...it's only been a month. Shame on me!
stopeating is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 12:04 AM   #33  

S/C/G: 242/229.5/135

Height: 5'3"

Sometimes I think there must be this wave of energy that we girls have, I washed down the bath tub area and ceiling today and was thinking how the ceiling needs to be re-painted, actually the whole bathroom. I was luck enough to get my sister-in-laws shower curtains, mats and even some towels when she moved, they would not match either of her bathrooms. And my daughter was talking tonight about re-doing there kitchen and painting through out there house. I knew you were working on painting the kitchen SD Gal, but did not know you were doing over your son's room Stopeating. Funny how these things go.

Well tomorrow morning I have my pre-op for my arm operation, I don't know why, but feel a little nervous, silly really.

I finally got to Aquafit this morning and ate well today, did not do too bad with the water either. So feel good, now if I can just keep it up for the rest of the week.

My daughter's surprise party went great, she did not have a clue. Now just get my Dad's done on Sunday and we will be away, thank-goodness he is feeling better.

Have a good day tomorrow everyone.
Sharon S.
Canuk4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 10:56 PM   #34  

I can't believe not one person posted after me last night. Oh well, guess everyone is busy.

Went to pre-op today, it was okay, don't know anything more now, than I did yesterday. Mainly for bloodwork etc. making sure your healthy and I passed.

Weighed in today at 229, finally back to it, it would be nice to keep going down, will see what tomorrow brings. Did good with food and water today, did 30 mins. exercise. I got my ball out again and did some sit ups, will do another 15mins. before bed. Aquafit tomorrow as well.

Have a good one ladies.
Sharon S.
Old 02-28-2007, 11:11 AM   #35  
prepare for the BEST time

Hi Sharon;

I'm in the middle of exams for my group of darlings...it's been a busy week and now I have a new batch of students...

Hope your surgery goes well and you recover quickly....my exercise plan is currently on hold...I'm over worked, stressed and I think I am coming down with this damn nasty virus that is affecting many of us...(its like the Cruise Ship virus)...one of the Trauma docs. had it and was sitting in my office for 1/2 hour the other day, breathing my air.....I'm toughing it out at work so far, but I'm feeling dizzy and really NAUSEATED...(or maybe I have sympathy nausea for my brother who is sitting in chemo right now)?

I'll talk to everyone sooner or later.....don't forget about me!
marbleflys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 11:47 AM   #36  
Skinny Chick in Training

S/C/G: 191/178-182???/145

Height: 5' 9"

hi everyone, I need to catch up here My Internet went kaput for a while but I am staying on plan still. I am a bit frustrated since I am not LOSING. I went to a hematologist and they quadrupled my iron intake, I started at 150 went to 300 and now he upped me to 1300! I am hoping that it is all just because the iron is clogging up my system. I go down back up down and so forth, and really it seems I am losing at a rate of 1/2 lb a week, where the numbers show I should be at 1 1/2 lbs a week. I feel like lowering down to 1200 and really sticking to that number, but I know I shouldnt. I have been averging about 1500 calories lately. And still no loss, and no gain either.

Oh one thing that I am so so so stoked about is I am eating 5 small meals a day. Each one is about the same calories and I am SO much more satisfied, I totally avoid cravings and go to bed thinking that I ate, instead of knowing I am on a diet LOL I have only been seriously doing it for about 3 days and am trying to keep each meal around 250 but they are usually a little more here and there so I am still getting in about 1400 calories.

I started Power 90 and today is day 3. So I am hoping that will help alot on the calories. Maybe my body is on strike because I dont use it and is using passive resistance by not losing without exercise.

ok I need to read, also is this the current thread? I was confused by the dates --Sumi
sumisan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 07:42 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 155/148/128

Height: 5'7"

Sharon - I hope surgery goes well. You have so much on your plate! I was thinking about your daughter's surprise party this weekend and I had hoped it went off well. Have you told her about your surgery? Now that she had her party, maybe she can be supportive of you.

Sumisan - So glad to hear from you! Don't get discourage, a lost is a lost no matter what. (But I do know what you mean). I have to give myself these pep talks all of the time. I don't know much about iron but that sounds like a ton! I don't know why someone needs so much, but whatever it is I hope it works. You are on the right thread, it just gets quiet at times.

Marbleflys - I'm sorry you're not feeling well during such a hectic time. That cruise virus is suppose to be really nasty so don't let it get to bad before seeing a doctor. I'm not sure what grade you teach, I just had conferences today for my senior and I don't think I envy their job!

Okay where is everybody at??? Jasmine, SDgal I hope you're doing okay.
stopeating is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 04:11 PM   #38  

Hi all, Sumi so glad to hear from you, you were missed. I was worried you were sick as it seemed to be just after your procedure that we stopped hearing from you. Glad your back and fine and don't worry about the ups and downs, that seem's to be how I go too. Just like Stopeating say's a loss is a loss.

Thank-you both Marbleflys and Stopeating for you good wishes for Monday.

Marbleflys, I am sorry you are not well, I have heard about that flu and it really does sound bad. I am sorry your brother has to go through all the chemo stuff, it is really nasty, my cousin went through it. I will say some
pray's for him. And you should get home and get to bed and be careful driving, feeling the way you are.

Stopeating, I am also wondering where everyone is. I agree with you about being a teacher, I don't think they ever get enough praise or thanks or help. We have a few in the family.

No I still am not telling my daughter, I talked to her fiance yesterday and he has her birthday off as well, so I told him to have fun and keep her busy, then they will come for supper here for 5pm. my hubby and son should be back from the hospital and the lasagna is made, just has to be thawed and cooked a little more, as well as do garlic bread. Anyhow that will be time enough for her to know. My son has taken the day off to spend with us at the hospital, then here afterwards, she was there last time, I can live with that.

We are having so much fun with telling my Dad this party on Sunday is for my daughter. Last night we were at my brother's for dinner for my Dad's offical birthday, on the way home Dad is asking me what he should get for my daughter for her birthday, then today, at the store, I said I was going to pick up a card, he said "Get one for me too, for your daughter". If I get through all this, and all the lies I have told, I will be surprised if I don't end up downstairs, if you get my meaning.

Well we are having a real blizzard, snow, freezing rain, wind, sure glad I am in here nice and warm. I only pray we don't lose power. It was the first night, my girlfriend and I were getting together to go out for supper in ages, looks like that will be put off for awhile.

I will check back later, I have to go write an E-mail reminding everyone of Dad's party and the time etc. Hope by then Jasmine and SDGal have checked in.

Take care and feel better to the sick ones.
Sharon S.

Oh yes, I finally got down two more pounds. Sumi that has taken me weeks! So do not despair.