Closed Thread

Old 02-15-2007, 10:20 PM   #16  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Hey all,

Thanks everybody. Well today was my first day out, WOW, the ice is overwhelming! It is EVERYWHERE!!!! We couldn't even go down our back stairs because of all the ice on them!

It is very pretty to see on the trees, but I know it has caused a lot of damage and what not. I haven't seen the news, but I'm sure they are working hard to get everybody back with power and yes, Thanks NC for helping us!

TTYL!

Old 02-16-2007, 01:32 AM   #17  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

Hi Maggie...You found the right place for the "best" gals on the net! Join us!
I hope the weather has not been too un-kind to the rest of you.
Sassy- I can do without the ice myself. (unless it is in a margarita)
All the ladies shoveling snow, I feel for you as I have done that more years than I can count. And if it snows in mid to late March back home I will get to be there. We are going home then. Brrrr...I know it will still be cold.

Short, I know, but I wanted to check in. Been busy..... checking flights and working on this darn computer. (Not to mention enjoying some of the treats LV has to offer) haha
Feeling better than I was, but still not 100% yet. At least I can see my Dr. when I get home...and start on Dr. Oz like I planned. Wish I had brought the book with me so I could get a head start.....Oh well,
Be good ladies. You are all doing SO good.
Old 02-16-2007, 02:42 AM   #18  

Height: 5'1"

Evening ladies--

Maggie--Hello and welcome to our group! If you'd like to have your name added to each post...just go up to the "UserCP" and then edit signature, you can add your name there and it'll show w/all your posts. Happy to have you a part of the group.

MaryKate--Happy to see you! I thought of you today and hope that your surgery went well. Take your time to heal before trying to post. Keeping you in my thoughts.

Sassy--Be careful on the ice. Loooonnnngggg time ago I had stepped out on the front porch and it was slick....I fell, wasn't paying attention! Learn my lesson. Ice on tree's are beautiful aren't they?

Jane--Hope you had a great luncheon w/your friend. You'll have to share a photo of the blanket when you're done. I'm so excited for you.....May will be here in no time and "our" little baby boy will be here!!

Cristina--Girl scout cookies are my downfall! I love the thin mint ones....my favorite. I can eat a whole box in one sitting....not a good thing. I haven't bought any in years for that reason.

Jules--Oh, I'm sorry you had the flu! Its going around everywhere. I've come down with something, and I'm hoping it's just a cold and not the flu.......hate being sick. Glad you're feeling better.

Jodi--I'm hoping that the Wii will be out more when June rolls around. That's what we want to get DD for her birthday. I have a gal that bought one and just goes on and on about how fun it is......looking forward to playing it.

Vann--This week has been a challenge for me too. I haven't been feeling up to par and w/out the walking I've been just ......I guess I could call it being lazy. I think I've slept more this week than I have in months! Painting is great arm workouts!!

Sue--You'll have to keep us posted on when you finally head back home. Did you guys decide on flying rather than driving back?

Well ladies....I'll be w/out a computer over the weekend. At this moment I'm on the laptop but that goes w/my hubby when he leaves town. I think I'm going to spend my weekend wrapped in a blanket and sleeping. Going to the doctor tomorrow to see what's up. Hate feeling icky. And taking time off work to be sick is not fun.

Ok....need to get off here and I'll check back when I get a chance.

Talk to you gals later!
Old 02-16-2007, 09:13 AM   #19  

Smile Thanks....for the welcome

Good morning ladies.....

I'm off to aerobics class where Ill weigh myself (at the YMCA) and then have to try to figure out how to change that "ticker" thing....bright and sunny here in PA....feeling good, positive, seem to have plenty of resolve today!

Thanks for your note, Jodi......(I'm thinking this support group might be just what I need!).......be back later......
Old 02-16-2007, 09:20 AM   #20  

Post Addendum

Hi,
I see now there was also a note of welcome for me from Sue and Marti.....thanks......and thanks for being patient while I figure out how this works.....I got lost in a thread ......Have a great day!

Does this have a spell checker? I think addendum may not be correct....
Old 02-16-2007, 10:55 AM   #21  
GmaTo8

TGIF!

Cristina - your avatar reminds me a the Eagles song, too, like someone else said. Although, the gal in the song was "flying" from something other than a witch's broom, lol. I can't imagine not checking my mail everyday, either. Sometimes out here in the country, it's the highlight of my day, lol. I did have a nice lunch with my friend - she's a good cook, but I kept my portions small.

Jules - wasn't Grey's so very good last night?? I have to admit, although it's just a show, I was glad when the little girl's mom found her. And we all know Meredith will be back from the beyond - I mean, the show is named after her. It was yummy to see Denny again, though.

Jodi - well, I hope you like the cat that you're to meet today. And I hope she likes you, too. Let us know if you've made an addition to your family.

Vann - are you redecorating? What color are you painting the bedroom?

Maggie - a big Jaded Lady's welcome to you! I think you'll like it here for sure, and it seems you're finding your way around. If you haven't already done so, you might want to fill out a bio. No, alas, there's no spell checker here. But you can always put your word into the Google bar, and it will offer you the correct spelling. Usually we don't worry about it, though. Again, welcome to the family.

Sassy - I hope you're enjoying your days off, and that nobody is having you guys do their handy work, lol. You have about 7 left, don't you? Any special plans?

Sue - winter in Indiana is going out like a lion, but I hope it's over by the time you get back.

Marti - aww, we'll miss you this weekend. Have fun and stay warm. If you want to make your own Girl Scout Thin Mints, dip Ritz crackers in melted chocolate mint chips, and mmmmmm! You wouldn't believe how they taste just like the real thing.

Mary Kate - hope you're feeling ok after the procedure yesterday. We're thinking of you.

I had fun yesterday with my friend, and then I took my bracelets to a jeweler to get the clasps fixed to where I can fasten them by myself. We also went to the fabric store, but I didn't find the right fabric for a quilt for my DGS.

Toodles!
Old 02-16-2007, 02:24 PM   #22  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Just a quick hi from me. Not feeling good at all and will be going back to bed in a few minutes. Was hoping this nasty stuff would stay away from me, ha, fat chance. Even poor little ernie dog has a runny nose.

Anyway, Maggie! Nice to have you here.

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!

I'll be cleaning all day tomorrow for the open house Sunday, oh joy. So won't be on the computer, unless I decide to take a break-if I even get out of bed, lol.

Take care ladies
Old 02-16-2007, 06:56 PM   #23  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Hey all,

Well I so far *knocking on wood* have not fallen. lol. Yes the ice on the trees is lovely.......looks like they have glass on them. lol.

I'm not on vacation yet, I still have tonight, tomorrow and Sunday to work, then I start my vacation............

I hope your all doing well!

Old 02-17-2007, 01:01 AM   #24  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

Hi ladies...Lovely day here again. I got in another long walk. Didn't do too bad with food, then (dang it) I ate ice cream.
We are flying home in mid March. Then will most likely come back for a few weeks later.. in the summer. Thinking of putting this place up for sale and doing something else with our winters. Always planning...
Hoping to get in a walk in the morning and TRYING to get my portions under control. Why is this so hard for me? This has been a few years of struggle and no real weight loss.
Marti...what can I do to get a new attitude like you did??? Help.
Old 02-17-2007, 02:47 AM   #25  

Height: 5'1"

Evening Ladies--

I thought I would pop in really quick to see how you all are doing. Spent my day at home doing nothing but rest. I'm thinking all my issues are related to my tooth and not a cold or flu....so I canceled my doctors appointment. I see the dentist next week so I figured I'll just save some money by not going to a regular doctor. (I may regret it later who knows?)

Maggie--I've never tried an aerobics class....how do you like it? I think I'm just too self cautious of how I would "look" to others while being in one. Silly isn't it? The classes they have available at the gym at work are during my work hours............no time to join. Take your time in getting to know the area and how it works. We don't mind.

Jane--I will have to try that out sometime. But for a special occasion.....maybe around Jhanai's birthday or something like that. I tend to really focus on what I eat and when I can have a "splurge" day. Not exactly how I got into that routine or actually....why I never done that before!? Take tonight for example.....I decided I would eat the oven fried chicken and some mashed potatoes....I felt so heavy afterwards! (and I didn't eat a lot) I told James that I don't want that dinner anymore.....and that I can't believe I used to make it 2 to 3 times a week!

Cristina--Tomorrow I will be doing the same....cleaning house. I've let it go all this week due to being out of sorts. I'm not liking the way the place is looking!!

Sassy--Two more days!! Hurray for you and hubby!

Sue--I think that my attitude changed just before the holidays. Going in for some blood work and seeing my numbers really had me "listen" to my body. I'm only 36 and I felt 50yrs older......tired all the time, sluggish, frumpy, achey and I started to feel unhappy. I live near a senior housing complex and all the people were so much more active than me! I talked w/my hubby and told him that I needed to start doing something. At least try something for a week and see what happens. When I started to walk, I felt better at the end of the day, when I limited my portions of food to "serving size", I felt more energized. And after one week I felt amazingly good. And I just wanted to continue on with that.So I decided to do another week....then it just became my habit. Keeping a food journal really opened my eyes to what I ate too. SO much junk!!
I've tried lots of different things for exercise and when we got the treadmill......that's what finally had me hooked. It was "my" thing. I love that thing. The gazelle was ok, but I didn't look forward to it, yoga and pilates was ok.....just didn't want to do it....WATP tapes....not the same as actually walking. But something about getting on the treadmill has me excited to get on. Weird, but it does.
I don't know if that helps any, but that's what I've done. I still struggle....this last week has been a bad week for exercise and eating.....but I have also learned that I'll have bad weeks and bad days.....I just need to get right back to it.

Sorry if that was long winded!

Hello to Jodi, Vann, Tammy, Jules, Marykate, and all the rest of you gals!! Hope you're enjoying your weekend.

Did I mention that my hubby bought a part to fix my treadmill?? I'm so excited!! It was suppose to arrive today, but it didn't. So I'm hoping it will tomorrow. If not, I'll have to wait until Monday.

Ok girls, I need to get off of here. You have a good night!
Old 02-17-2007, 01:46 PM   #26  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Hi ladies...

Taking a quick break from cleaning, got tired of the pinesol smell. I don't normally use it too much but once in a while I will to mop the floors. And so the whole house reeks of it. And that is why I am cleaning today...so it doesn't have that smell tomorrow.

MARTI...hope you get the part today so you can get back to your treadmill.

Hi to everyone else

Better get back to cleaning, oh joy!

Have a GREAT weekend ladies!
Old 02-17-2007, 09:05 PM   #27  
ugggg.....

Quick hi again..sorry..we went to my dh's grandpaps 96th bday!!
Old 02-17-2007, 09:16 PM   #28  
NEVER Give Up:)

S/C/G: 260**212**160

Height: 5' 4"

LADIES~

I haven't been here for quite a long time and wanted to pop in and say hello! Little Oreo broke one of her legs last week and she's in a hot pink bandaged mobilizer now for three weeks. She still has gotten a bad cough again, so my DD is taking her back into the vet tomorrow morning. The pet store still has to keep paying her vet bills for the cough and how they treat it. I hope all of you are having a nice weekend!!!
Old 02-17-2007, 09:26 PM   #29  
GmaTo8

Hi ladies,

Cristina - a big "hello" to you, too. Isn't that what your new name means? I've gotten behind in my cleaning and need to get with it! Good luck for your open house tomorrow.

Sassy - the rest of tonight and then tomorrow and then woohoo you're a free lady for quite awhile! Is any of your ice melting? Ours isn't too bad, and we have some warmer temps coming, which will feel like a heat wave.

Sue - are you thinking of Florida for your winters? So many midwesterners go there for the cold months. Neal and I have checked into some of the vacation rental homes, but never have actually made it yet, lol. He keeps getting asked to help teach!

Marti - yay for the new treadmill part being on the way. I'm thinking there might not be any mail Monday, but your part is probably coming Fedex or UPS anyway. I feel the same way as you do about the treadmill. It's my fave.

Hello to everyone else reading this.

Yikes, I've had a busy day, and am just now sitting down with some free time. Neal is watching Castaway, and although I've seen it before, I keep taking peeks at it, too. I just love Tom Hanks.

Did I mention I bought a bread machine to make my own multi-grain bread? I have tried to make bread from scratch, and I just don't do a very good job. Anyway, I can't wait to have bread with no added preservatives, and to be able to have the kind of seeds and such that we like baked into our bread.

Gotta run...
Old 02-17-2007, 09:30 PM   #30  
GmaTo8

I got called away from the computer, so it took me quite awhile to write my post and didn't see Jules and Michelle come in!

Jules - good to see you! Happy Birthday to your grandpa!

Michelle - aww, poor Oreo! I hope she'll be ok soon. A hot pink mobilizer? Oh, how sweet!
Closed Thread