Closed Thread

Old 02-14-2007, 10:45 AM   #46  
GmaTo8

Happy Valentine's Day!

Marti - how long was/is James home? Glad you got your hugs and kisses. We all need those on a regular basis, don't we?

Cristina - aww, I hope you aren't getting what I had last week. My throat felt like it was on fire, and it hurt to swallow. (I still ate plenty anyway, though, lol) I also had a humungous headache with so much pressure, and sincerely hope you aren't having that.

Jodi - yowza, that's some snow drift! Thankfully you still have your utilities, especially the internet, lol. Stay warm!

Vann - so you finally found a Wii game! Is it fun? As I mentioned to somebody here, my DGDs have some video games, and I like to play them too, sometimes. My reflexes aren't what they used to be, haha.

Well, among other things, Neal gave me a box of Russell Stover chocolates for Valentine's Day. I had one serving (2 pieces) and counted the points for it, which is 3 points. I haven't been craving chocolates, so I don't think I'll have trouble pacing myself with these. I'll share with Neal, the kids and DGDs, so they'll be history before too long, anyway. I've been doing well with food again this week, and don't want to mess up.

Although we have some snow and ice, it's melting off the roads, so Mary and the kids and I are going to town later.

Have a great Valentine's Day, ladies!
Old 02-14-2007, 01:32 PM   #47  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Hello ladies...

...and Happy V-Day! :love1:

JODI...wow, those drifts are huge! That's how we ended up with so much snow close to the house, the drifts. And the wind the last two days are bone chilling, brrrr. Glad you guys have your electric and heat especially! Stay warm.

VANN...yeah, that's one thing I have learned, is too not dwell on my mistakes. Just move on and do better, and that is what I am doing. So far so good. Even with going to lunch today I am still doing good. That's really all you can do.

JANE...yeah, not sure what it is but I have it. Jason and Vince both have been coughing and sneezing their heads off. I've had a runny nose all week but nothing too bad. The sore throat is a killer for sure. You, Mary and the girls be careful going into town.

I went to It Figures this monring even though I didn't feel up to it. Didn't help that I stayed up too late last night. Ran a couple of errands while I was out and now just waiting for Jason to come home. He has been wanting to go to lunch for a while and picked today. I asked him if he new it was V-Day he said yeah, what's your point, lol. I don't think it (REd Lobster) will be too busy at lunch time, I'm hoping anyway. Not really in a red lobster mood but he's taking me so whatever he wants is fine. I've got my points all planned so I will be fine. I'll end up using some of my 35 of course but will still have some left. Anyway, better get going. Need to start a load of laundry as well. Take care ladies and have a wonderful Valentine's Day with your sweetie.
Old 02-14-2007, 05:57 PM   #48  

S/C/G: 205/193/155

HI EVERYBODY!!!

I am not doing my walking today because we shoveled out our driveway today. My muscles are starting to feel it too, my lower back is hurting. Luckily with 2 teenagers, all 4 of us were able to take turns so we could switch when we got out of breath and go warm up in the van while we waited for our turn again. I kid you not, the tunnel we built thru the driveway has walls of at LEAST 2 feet deep. I thought they had plowed the road and built the snow up, but when I waded thru the snow to the road- THAT WAS THE ROAD!!! When the plow did come thru, the snow flying towards us from it looked like the avalanches you see on tv. It was an experience for sure. It took up between 2 and 2 1/2 hrs to dig out. Our driveway is about 150 ft long I believe.
Just found out school is called off for tomorrow again. I have GOT to go to work tomorrow. I have to take down the Valentines Day cards and put up the Easter Cards displays in the Dollar Stores. My son hates doing my kind of work, so I may just take my daughter. It will sure cut down on the amount of time I have to be there doing that.

So, that is my life today. Hope all of you are doing well.
Old 02-14-2007, 08:25 PM   #49  

S/C/G: 166

Height: 5'4"

Happy Valentines day to all!!

Jane--We do like the Wii..the game came with a controller so I can play too:-) Allows a bit of the kid to come out in me...still glad to know it's there :-)

Christina..Hope you feel better...Hugs to you!

Jodi!! Wow..ton's of snow?? You guys stay warm..

Just wanted to wish everyone a happy V'Day..

See you tomorrow!
Old 02-14-2007, 09:40 PM   #50  
GmaTo8

See you at #234.
Closed Thread