3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   Weight Loss and Chitchat #232 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/103602-weight-loss-chitchat-232-a.html)

Jane 01-31-2007 09:58 PM

Weight Loss and Chitchat #232

Hello and :welcome: to the Jaded Ladies site!

We are a group of ladies that come here for support and encouragement on our weight loss struggles, and we also find time for some chitchatting. So please, won't you join us? New members are always welcome. :yes:

Jane 01-31-2007 10:13 PM

It's February, Ladies!! (well, almost)

Tammy - those 12 hour days have to be killers! I think Jules also works some 12 hour or 10 hour days. I lost 8 pounds in January because it was the first month, and included some water weight. I usually lose 5 or 6 a month, when I'm losing, that is. Don't ask how fast I can gain, lol! My nephew says I should get Tivo, but Neal and I have trouble finding time to watch shows that we record, so I doubt we invest in that. It sounds great, though! Indiana's state motto is the same as yours, lol.

Cristina - what I use is a recipe calculator. I paid about 20 bucks for mine, but if you google recipe calculator, you can find a free one now. Then you just enter the ingredients to your favorite recipes, tell how many servings, and it does all the work for you. Have you ever thought of a snow blower? My son has one, and it's really easy to use, and clears a driveway pretty quick. Just a thought.

Vann - glad you made it safely home. We missed you, too! You did great with the food, considering you were on the road. Better than me, yesterday, and I was home, lol.

Jodi - hope your back is better by the time you read this.

Hello to Sue, Marti, Jules, Michelle, Kathy, Mary Kate, Angie, Sassy, and anyone else reading this. :wave:

Well, I've gotten through about half of my cooking magazines, ripping out recipes that we might actually eat. Then I'll make a copy for the binder. Thankfully, I have stayed OP even though lots of the recipes have pictures, lol. Some may have a little drool on them, though. :D

Chat with you tomorrow! :hug:

suetalks 02-01-2007 01:48 AM

Thanks for your kind words/well wishes JL's. I had an episode in the night last night..brutal. I wondered if I was having a heart attack. At first I just felt like I had eaten a huge meal and was way too full. (but it was over 5 hours since dinner, and I didn't eat that much) Then I had lots of pain on my R side and around into my back. Like I needed to have a tremendous burp. I wish I could have. :) It finally eased and I got some sleep. This morning I just felt sore. After eating tonight I again felt REAL bloated and full. I purposely ate a very small dinner. I am far from my Drs. and going to figure out what to do if it continues. I do take Nexium for acid reflux and I know what that feels like.

Anyway, the weather here has been getting warmer and is sunny part of most days. 60's now every day and not so much wind.
I hear from my DD and neighbors back home that it is VERY cold. Sorry for them, but glad I am here.

You are all doing great...I will fumble through individuals again soon. :) (I am not a very quick typist)

Marti 02-01-2007 02:07 AM

Hello girls--

This is a quicky for me tonight....I'm feeling really tired. I decided to go ahead and walk on the treadmill tonight, hoping to ease up some of the pain shooting down my leg. It helped some, still there but not so bad. Only in certain sitting positions. But I'm REALLY tired from tensing up all day long! I feel like I went to the gym and got my butt kicked!:dizzy:

Did want to send Sue a big hug though--:hug: --I hope you can find a doctor close by so they can have a look at you and see if they can help. I hate to hear you're in such pain....sounds really scarey too. Thinking of you! :hug:

Ok girls, I'm off to bed. You all have a great night and I'll catch up later on.

Hugs to all. :grouphug:

vannh9 02-01-2007 03:04 PM

Hello Ladies...

We have a snow day today which is funny because it is all gone now -LOL

Christina- I hope your son knows how proud we are of him!! We pray for the troops daily and hope a resolution comes soon for all of them overthere!!

Tammy- The Coast Guard is also a very proud assignment!! What courageous guys you both have!!

Jodi--Hugs.. hope your back is better soon

Jane--A recipe calculator sounds neat..I will have to look for one. I wonder if they have a dining out calculator (LOL). I sure could have used one in Atlanta:-)

I am finally coming down off my eating high..I really didn't do that bad considering. But I am definitly having to get back on track today. I am making a huge pot of Vegtable soup..it smells wonderful!

You ladies have a good day and I will touch base tomorrow!

:grouphug:

Bandmom1011 02-01-2007 04:20 PM

Hello everyone

I didn't sleep well last night. Only if I was on my stomach and I flop around alot in my sleep, so I was waking up every so often. Today is much better, though I am on some strong pain killers, so it may not be as good as it feels- lol
Anyhow, went to work early cause hubby was getting off early. All we have done is surf the net this afternoon and it went by fast. It's nice to just be home relaxing.

Sue- I hope your pain eases up. If not I hope you are able to find a dr.

Marti- you are couragious getting on the treadmill even when you hurt. An inspiration to us all!!! :-)

Hello to everyone else. I will try and check back later.
Jodi

FrouFrou 02-01-2007 04:36 PM

Hello Ladies...

Sorry for the fast post yesterday, was running out of time. Hope I didn't miss anyone.

SUE...lots of hugs to you! :hug: :hug: You know, that pain sure sounds like gallstones. The funny (not haha funny) thing is my mom went thru the same thing and I told her it sounded like gallstones but they did all the tests and found nothing. Yet, she kept having the pain...same pain you are having, the same pain I had for years and they kept diagnosing it as an ulcer (they did that with her too), the same pain DD had and DS. With DD they did an utlra sound after we found the 'right' doctor. I say that because they kept thinking it was all in her head. Anyway, I hope you can get some relief soon. I know that is very painful.

JANE...ahh, gotcha ya. I will have to check the calculators out and see what I can find. And you know...V was just talking about that a couple of days ago...a snowblower that is. I saw a woman trying to use one around the corner and she was having a time. I'm not sure we would invest the money in one since it really doesn't snow this much. We usually get a good snow, a couple of inches once a year, but not every year. This is definitely an unusual year for the weather. I think we just got spoiled and it caught up with us, lol.

VANN...glad you are home. And I agree, there is no place like home! I don't think going over 200 calories is so bad so good to not beat yourself up about it. It takes 3 or 4000 calories (can't remember which one) to gain a pound so I think you did good. About the 4 lbs...it is a good loss but I know it won't happen every week. Started WW and the first week is always a good loss which I am very happy about. I am hoping this week is a 3 lb loss week, lol. But I think they said after the first two weeks you shouldn't lose too much...1-2 pounds a week. And I think me exercising really helps, even though last week I didn't get in as much as I should have. And thank you! I'm glad there are still people who support the troops. They do have a hard job for sure. Vegetable soup sounds so good right now, yummy. It is so cold out but at least the sun is shining and some of the snow is melting.

TAMMY...and I agree with Vann...the Coast Guard is a proud assignment. I think all our military deserve a great big hand for all they do.

JODI...sorry your back is not feeling so good. Hope it gets better soon. :hug:

MARTI...sorry about your leg bothering you. I hope you are feeling better today. Feel better soon :hug:

SASSY...sorry about your back bothering you and I hope you get to feeling better soon. :hug:

Hi to everyone else :wave:

Nothing much going on with me today. I did my 3 mile walk, staying OP and getting my water down. Haven't done much of anything today other than my exercise, some e-mails, and a load of laundry. Today is one of those days I just want to curl up on the couch with a good book and a cup of tomato soup, but didn't. Sounded good though, lol.

Hope everyone is having a good day, hugs! :hug:

Jane 02-01-2007 09:13 PM

Hi ladies,

Sue - hope your pain has gone away. I know it's scary since they say heart attack pain in women is so different from men. But I bet Cristina is right - probably gall stones. But since I'm not a doctor, I haven't a clue! If you don't have a doc in Vegas, maybe it's time you got one, since you're there a good portion of every winter. Just a thought.

Marti and Jodi - hope you're both feeling better, too.

Vann - you can ask for a nutrition print out at most chain restaurants. Or you can look it up at their individual websites. Dotti's has WW points for restaurants, but you count calories, right? Vegetable soup is on my menu for Sunday. So I'll make it Saturday, and let the flavors blend for a day. Sounds so good right now!

Cristina - I like "couch, book and soup(or hot chocolate)" days, too. I don't have to do a darn thing tomorrow, and may make it one of those days. I confess that I bought another Danielle Steel book, even though I said I wouldn't, lol. This one is called The House, and is in paperback. I also bought the Sidney Poitier book. I've always admired him.

Hello to everyone else reading this. :wave:

I'm doing fine with food, water and exercise. But I have to say it's becoming more of a challenge now that the honeymoon period is over, lol. Sometimes I think I'd like to just sit down and eat what I want, and however much of it I want. Of course, that's what got me to this weight in the first place! :dizzy:

Oh! Almost forgot to tell you! We got snow :carrot: and so the DGDs, Neal and I went out to play in it. The kids and I made snow angels, and played "follow the leader", then Neal brought out the sleds. Yowza, that was some serious exercise, pulling those rug rats around, lol. Anyway, at least we finally got some snow! :)

Toodles for now,

Bandmom1011 02-01-2007 09:31 PM

Jane- sounds like you had a great time playing in the snow. And just think all that exercise that you didn't realize or even mind that you were getting.
What fun!!!! :-)

Jodi

FrouFrou 02-01-2007 10:49 PM

Hi ya Chickies...

JANE...sounds like you guys had a ball in the snow. I wish I was into it the way you guys are, and the way I used to be. There was a time I loved getting out in it and having a snowball fight with the kids and building snow people, and that wasn't that long ago. Now I just look at it as an inconvenience which is sad. Happy reading to you! I wish I could get back into the reading. It's been a while since I've picked anything up to read other than my magazines. And I hear ya about sitting down and eating whatever, as much, etc...I thought this week with WW would be easier but it hasn't been. The last few days I have felt like I have been starving. But only because it's not the junk I am wanting to eat. Hoping as the days & weeks go by it will get easier. Keep up the good work, you are doing GREAT!

Hi JODI...hope you are feeling better.

Well, just thought I would stop by and say HI while I am waiting on V to come home. He went to put in a garbage disposal and a garage door opener for a friend. And he is on his way home now. Anyway, take care ladies. :hug:

Marti 02-02-2007 01:23 AM

Evening girls.........

Had one of those days where I just didn't feel up to doing anything at all.....but I have this thing called ......work. And for some reason they frown upon workers who just sit there. Darn it! :dizzy:

Jane--Slimmer photos?? You've got to be kidding...I pretty much look the same. But maybe if I photoshop it I can get a slimmer looking photo?? :s: (IF I knew how to use the program!) I'm gathering photos and I'll get them printed out this weekend and get those pages started. I had all the paper I wanted to use all laid out......at one time,,,,but I finally put it all away when I wasn't getting anywhere. Not to hard to pull them back out though. I sure hope you took photos of you all having fun in the snow! You are probably the best grandma ever! I still wanna come over and have a "grandma day" with ya!:)

Tammy--I have always wanted to try Salsa dancing! It sounds like fun. You'll have to open them to at least view them once and see what it's like. Line dancing sounds like great fun and exercise. We don't have anything like that around here......and if they do, I wouldn't know where to go to find it.

Cristina--I'll post that recipe as soon as I get finished here. It's simple and tastey. You'll have to tell me what you think. Not a lot of people like balsamic vinegar so I'm curious as to what others think of it. Your tomato soup sounded so good. I need to find a recipe in WW cookbook or some other weightloss cookbook for a good recipe. If you find one....or have one, post it.

Vann--I say you did pretty darn good w/staying around your range of calories. It's so easy to go overboard and indulge. And with being away from home....you did an excellent job! Proud of you!! Vegetable soup is what I came home to today. Smelled so good walking up to the house. My hubby came home from work, put some soup in the crockpot before bed and it was ready when I got home. Sad that he had to go back to work an hour after I got home! I think I've only seen him maybe 5hrs this week!! (miss him when he's gone)

Jodi--You know, I wouldn't call walking while hurt inspirational......I'd call stupid. :lol: I woke up in such pain this morning and I thought...OMG, I shouldn't have walked last night. I hobbled around my house and I was ready to call into work it was so bad. Then as I sat down at the computer I just couldn't take it anymore trying to sit and as I got up to call in....I heard this pop in my leg and the pain went away. So I pinched something and it finally released. Still achey but not like it was. WILL be going on that treadmill tonight again......glutton for punishment that's for sure!

Sue--Thinking of you! Have you gone to the doctors yet? Or has the pain subsided? I hope you're not uncomfortable. Give us a holler if you need cyber hugs! :hug:

Hello to all the MIA gilrs out there. Pop in and say hello.

I need to get on the treadmill. It's getting late and I need to get a walk in before I go to bed. So...I'm going to post that recipe and get off the computer. You know, there just isn't enough time in a day for all things I need and want to do.

Take care girls! Tomorrow is Friday which means......no work!!!!:D

suetalks 02-02-2007 02:01 AM

Quickly popping in to say thank you all..... I had a good day/pain free. Soooo, I should sleep like a baby tonight. :)

I don't envy the snow Jane. But it is great that you and the grands love it so much. I hear it is going to be terribly cold, so ya'll be careful.

Ladies...I will "talk" to you tomorrow. I am pooped.

Sassy_Chick 02-02-2007 02:56 AM

Hi All,

Just a Quick Hello! :wave:

Marti 02-02-2007 11:21 AM

Good Morning Ladies--

Sue--So very glad that you had a pain free night!!

Sassy-- :wave: Hello to you too!

Good Morning to the rest of you!

I sure didn't want to get up this morning. I'm thinking I need a strong coffee this morning. So glad it's FRIDAY!!!

Ok....off I go for coffee and breakfast (oatmeal!) and you all have a great day!

FrouFrou 02-02-2007 02:47 PM

Happy Friday, Ladies!

MARTI...well, I am glad you are feeling better. That's kind of funny about the pop. Made me think of Jason & Carrie. they can just move a certain way and pop just about any body part, lol. Me, I have to go to a chiroprator to have it done which is a pain, not literally. I will print out the recipe and give it a try...will let ya know what I think when I try it. I went to Walgreens this morning and while there bought the Taste of Home's Light & Tasty magazine. There's a recipe on the front that looks sooo good...Cheesy Tex-Mex Lasagna. I kind of skimmed thru it and there are a lot of recipes that look appealing to me. Just need to try them and figure out the points. I am one of those people that just like everything to be figured out for me, lol. I don't have a good recipe for tomato soup, just use Campbell's...I've always liked it.

SASSY...glad to see you checkin' in missy! Hope you are feeling better. :hug:

SUE...glad you had a good/pain free day.

HI to everyone else :wave:

Not much going on...had a showing this morning and boy was I not ready. I've got to get in the habit of just having the house clean at all times in case. But I get lazy. It's not dirty per se, just some things needing to be picked up. I just feel like if I had 24 hours notice I could plan for it and not be rushed. For some reason this realty place thinks that isn't a good thing because they think the people may think you have something to hide. Ummm, okay. But this is what happens when I get such a short notice...my brain goes into overload, lol. I had actually just stepped out of the shower and was going to go exercise, lol. I know...why shower if you are going to go exercise? I just do :dunno: Anyway...hope all is well with you ladies.Take care and have a good day!