3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   The 5% Club - Like an Underground River (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/10338-5%25-club-like-underground-river.html)

Juno 12-07-2001 03:16 AM

I love being clicked in - and what a great time of year for it.

My club has 2 locations. I went to a different body pump class today and got a nice compliment from the teacher after class, which I enjoyed. I noticed this ab stabilization thing they do that used to KILL me suddenly was very...doable. I launched into it expecting to do my usual hold it for as long as I can and then fold, then start it again, and I found myself sustaining the pose and going wow!

Just to say this weekend will be fun but CRAZY. And food will be a recurring theme. DH's company dinner tomorrow night, and they do treat for a grand meal and keep the wine flowing. Two events on Saturday, both including cookie exchanges. A basket event on Sunday and a dinner that night with a holiday theme as well. I feel full just thinking about it all!

We have winter wonderland snow everywhere and it truly is magical.

I hope you all have great weekends. I plan to finish my work in the morning and turn this puppy off for the weekend (except for bits of work I will try to do).

Remember, half of the accomplishment is done when you just show up!

Juno

STEPH 12-10-2001 02:30 PM

2 Weeks til Christmas!!!!

I am just popping in for a quick hello. I have been getting all the out-of-state packages wrapped and sealed so that is a great relief off my little shoulders. I also had to do the 200 cards for DH's part time job in addition to my cards but they are all done too!! I am way ahead of the game except for poor C's gifts. She would be all done but she keeps going shopping with me!! I told her this weekend she can't go but for a brief trip she needs otherwise there will be nothing under the tree :)

Exercise is still going good but at the moment I do feel like I am playing around with it rather than striving for anything. I keep reading all this inspirational stuff but then I just convince myself that I am content. I wasn't doing bad with the morning workouts but I just never felt I had my rhythm then so I have moved back to evenings. I am much more pumped and need the release more then. I can't do anything during nap at the moment because I have a little one that is just kind of out of sync on her napping. I figure in a month or two we will have something figured out (right now she is just convinced I must be by her every minute she is at my house). Today she is sleeping for an hour so far but if I had gotten on my gym clothes then she would have woken up!

I still use my gym out in the garage but I razz DH to death because he just goes in spurts. Yoga has turned into strength training also as I've started much harder tapes and moves vs. stretching. I think cardio I am semi burned out on so I am just doing 5 20 minute stints a weeks. I'm sure I need more but I'm just not loving it. Probably need a good class like the rest of you!! I swear when I do go back out into the working world it will either be at the school (for my own little convenience to spy on my kids) or at a health club. I already told my DH (who thinks that I am just going back somewhere FT in 2 years) that I am working very casually until the kids are much older. I love grown-ups and there are a few more career options I want to try, but I just like being a mom more. My degree will just have to gather a few more years of dust :) Plus I have a distant friend who just lost her baby during her 7 month of pregnancy (she has 2 others) and I think that puts being a mom into perspective for me. Enjoy every moment (if that is possible) because it can be gone in a flash.

I am off to get some work done before the child who needs me awakes. I'll be on a few times more before the holiday!! Everybody be good, enjoy the food but be moderate (now if I can just remember to quote this to myself!)

Stephanie

JustStubborn 12-12-2001 02:41 PM

Hello beautiful women!

I have fabulous news I've been dying to share with you all. I spoke with my lawyer yesterday afternoon and my divorce is final!!!!!!!!!!!!! Everything is finally done, finito, finished, over. Apparently I've actually been divorced since 28 Nov but the paperwork just made it back from the courthouse to my lawyer. What a huge relief to have that over. I'll get my final paperwork about the first week in January but that's just a piece of paper to wait for. It's just amazing tho the weight that just dropped off my shoulders when she told me that it's all done. 2002 is my year to start over.

Things are still going well with the new boy in my life. He's great - and not your typical guy. At least from the guys I've known. He's the one who brings up all the tough questions, refuses to play mind games and talks about everything and anything. We've started going to the gym at the same time for the most part which is a great motivator. We try to time it so we end up on the mats at the same time to do ab work. He pushes me harder than my trainer does too! He's an estimator at a body shop so has been super busy lately with all the snow and icy roads. But he has promised me that summertime he will slow down :) He's from BC and did volunteer firefighting there and is working at getting back into it here too - but at a paid firehall. With the courses and upgrading he needs, it should all come together for him by next fall give or take. He has been married and has 2 kids. Unfortunately they don't live really close which is hard on him but he works at staying in close contact with them. But I'll quit babbling about him now :)

Steph, were you able to get your shopping done for C? I'm impressed every year at the number of Christmas cards you get out for both you & your DH. I considered sending some out this year but once again, I don't think it's going to happen. Maybe if I start in July next year??

Juno, how did the weekend party/food functions go? Those are usually my mental signal that Christmas is finally here. Haven't been to any yet but I have decorated my apartment this year. It's amazing the places red bows can go :)

Raychel, how goes the house renovating? Does this mean you'll be having Christmas among the dust of re-construction? My trainer has me on an upper & lower 2 day cycle focusing on toning and strengthing. It's been working really well for me so far so she keeps throwing new things at me fairly regularly.

Catherine, how's the new house??

I should run and get back to work again. Have a great day everyone!

JustStubborn 12-23-2001 10:06 PM

Merry Christmas!!

I just wanted to drop everyone a quick note to wish you a fabulous Christmas season. May everything go smoothly, or if nothing else, remember to take time for yourselves and relax.

My thoughts are with you all. Best wishes for a great holiday!

STEPH 12-25-2001 02:41 PM

Merry Merry Christmas!!!!!!!

It's not that I have no life to be posting on Christmas but all my company was over the weekend so the past two days have been nice and quiet. I only have to work the next 3 days and then another 4 day weekend (which I am already looking forward too since I have all the schoolagers the next three days!).

Christmas was very nice around here except for all the assembling of toys. My fingers ache!!!

Justy - A nice big present getting that Divorce Final!! I know it is probably just a load off your shoulders to know it is done (and maybe a bit sad too.....) However your voice has just perked up over the past year so I think you have chosen a better path for yourself. On to a powerful 2002!!

My new fitness regime starts on Saturday. I have actually sat down and made myself a booklet to start the new year off right. This week I am being lazy and eating too much. Now all the cardboard boxes are in front of my treadmill (nice sounding excuse, right????) Plus I bought myself 3 books that I need to have read and mailed out to my mom by next weekend.

I am sitting here typing and singing since my boys bought me the Shrek CD and I love singing to this music.

I must now go and do some more fun stuff and enjoy my last 8 hours of holiday!! Merry Christmas (I was going to be good and start a new thread but am feeling uninspired). I will do one to start the new year if Juno doesn't beat me to it (or anyone for that matter). I always feel guilty making Juno do it but hey she has the words flowing out of her mouth and does a great job!!

Happy Happy Holiday....Peace on Earth !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Catherine 12-26-2001 09:56 AM

Good morning everyone! Once again, it has been way too longs since I have last posted. And as usual, you all have kept the flame lit.

This Fall was a whirlwind with having moved, it being my busiest time of the year work-wise, and the holidays squashed in between. Another couple of days and it will be the new year! I have been having a wonderful time though. I love my new house and have already stripped wallpaper and repainted two rooms – a bigger project than originally intended. There is a TON more work to do (years), but I won’t start another project until after the holidays are over and settled.

I received a ton of fitness-oriented gifts for Christmas. New yoga tapes, workout clothes, long underwear, shoes and socks. So I am ready and raring to go! With moving and working on the house I have managed to lose 6 pounds. That was a nice surprise. I will stick with the yoga, cardio and ST mix, although I see a new athletic facility is opening near our house.

JS – “Congrats” on your nice holiday present. I’m sure it was received with mixed emotions. Here’s to a new you!

Steph – I cherish my weeks that I take “off” fitness. They help to recharge me so much. And, no, boxes in front of the exercise equipment is NOT a good enough excuse.

Juno - I received a bunch of new gardening books for Christmas. It’s time to begin to think about that stuff again. I’m new to it this year, wish me luck. How is the JV going? You were doing so well with it last year.

And Raychel – who lives with fitness everyday. Are you still liking it? Are you seeing an increase in business with people wanting to start off the new year with a fresh look?

Here’s to all of you. And I echo Steph’s sentiment “Peace on Earth”.

Juno 12-27-2001 04:32 AM

Hello friends - it's me! I made a new thread for our New Year postings! So come on over :)

Juno