Old 01-25-2007, 07:31 AM   #16  

Good morning to everyone! Hope your day is starting out well!

I have some ??? for you WW ladies. I looked at the meetings schedule online at the WW site and some of the meetings are marked, "new." What does that mean exactly, that only new members attend at that time slot or what? I would like to go to the Friday 12:15 meeting and weigh in if it is open to everyone after I sign up tomorrow. I imagine, "express" means a weigh in only??? They also have "open hours" and "mom, dad, and me" so I need some guidance as to what is what. I am thinking of paying in advance, but does that save you money in the long run? I know that right now I don't have to pay a registration fee because it is free, but I don't even know how much it costs because the online site doesn't tell you anything about the cost. I have a WW only about 4 miles from the house, which is nice. Maybe this is the program I need to get the weight off permanently. I really do find I am needing the accountability part.

Maggie: I would welcome anything you have with regards to WW so I can have lots of tools to do pts with. I know I get some stuff at the joining. Also, where do you get the little mobile pts calculator? I looked online and didn't see anything there that you could purchase.

Jean: We had chili last night too and I always make boxed Jiffy corn bread because Jack likes it. Well, the commissary didn't have any so I bought Martha White. The Jiffy brand is sweet and you can taste the corn meal, this stuff was like sawdust, no taste at all not even of corn meal. It was awful. I threw the whole pan out. My chili was good though. I have this super duper quick chili recipe so it comes together quick. Jack won't eat beans in his chili so I have to make it beanless then before we eating, I just take some out and add kidney beans to my part.

We are very excited knowing we have another grandson on the way. Jack wanted a girl, but he isn't disappointed. We are making a trip to Nashville the weekend of February 17-18 and going baby shopping at Opry Mills. I want to go to the Oshkosh b' Gosh outlet and get him some little overalls. They have a lot of kids stores that I want to get stuff for the shower.

I got the yarn for dd's sweater and some beautiful soft peach for a sweater for myself yesterday. I have started on her sweater and it is going to be really nice. It is just a nice solid camel color with these pretty light tortoise buttons down the side. They sent me two cards more of buttons than I paid for, but I am not paying a bunch of shipping to send $4 worth of buttons back. I emailed them and told them if they want to send me a prepaid shipping label, I would send them back to them. I also had to tear out a whole 12 row pattern on the blanket. I made a mistake, I don't know where, but it put the rows backwards. {{{SIGH}}} I do so want to be done with this. I did get all my knitting labels in the sweaters sewed in yesterday though.

Well gals, I need to get my day going. Tomorrow I am busy, busy all through the weekend. I have WW to join, shopping to do including the commissary, Jack wants to go out to the new mall that has an Oshkosh store and look around so I need to get my cleaning finished up this morning so I am free starting tomorrow.

Faye
gma22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 10:10 AM   #17  

My birthday is 10/9/41 - wow, lot's of October babies - must have been a cold January!

Faye - congratulations! I know you and Jack are thrilled. You've got a dynasty going.

I read the Boxcar Children so you weren't too old for them Jean.
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 12:12 PM   #18  

Boxcar children books were written in 1947
gma22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 02:17 PM   #19  

Faye, need to change that signature line to "Grandson's arrival!"

You've made me want to read some of these books again. I'm going to start looking a the library, flee markets, thrift stores, etc.
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 05:11 PM   #20  
Thin Within

Arrow Weigh Day

GOOD AFTERNOON MAGNOLIAS

I just lost .6 today and so I can't change my thingie at the bottom because it won't take tenths of pounds. So it will count later. At least I am still going in the right direction. I have been traditionally a slow looser anyway.

FAYE I think the "new" means a new meeting time. They are starting new times here also. I don't know exactly how they work it in your area but here we all go to the same meeting, men and women. They have several ways to pay for meethings and there again it is different in the different franchises. Guess then for your answers you just will find out tomorrow. We don't use kidney beans in our chili but use pinto beans which we both like. Marie Calanders has a wonderful cornbread mix that comes in a can.

SUSAN I was always taught to be nice to my elders so guess that means you, even though you are only 3 days older than me, for I am an October child born in 1941 on Columbus day which was the 12th back then.

The theme today at WW was exercise. Well that is just peachy because I have gotten my stuff all dusted off and am starting my program when I get off this computer.
Maggie is offline   Reply With Quote