Closed Thread

Old 01-17-2007, 06:45 PM   #31  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Wink

Hey all

I finally got my sleep in, so I'm back "on schedule".

I feel like I haven't gotten anything done on my days off, I guess because of the training yesterday........

Jane -- yeah I hope not either. We didn't get a hold of anybody yet, so far its still working!

YW Cristina for the card. I watched: When a Stranger Calls Back (not really a "chic flick" but more my cup of tea than DH's.), Benny & Joon and later on I tried watching The Upside of Anger, but I fell asleep! (I've seen it before though!)

Have a Great Evening!
Old 01-17-2007, 07:11 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 166

Height: 5'4"

Hello Ladies!!

Sassy- The snow sounds wonderful..I love it small doses!! They are calling for a mix tomorrow morning and it is crazy because it was 75 degrees yesterday I can only hope to be able to work from home!!

Jodi- I tried the Chicken tonight and it was fabulous..thanks again for sharing..hope you are well.

Mary Kate-Thanks for the water tips..I knew it could be bad..I just didn't know HOW bad Wow...

Marti...8 years is a long time..especially when you get to be my age.. I don't think NC is that long for renewal..I wish..

Jane- I think I might have caught your spring cleaning bug..now that I have done the bedroom I have decided to pick a room every weekend to do..It also ends up being a good work out..so I get a clean room and burn off a calorie or two..thanks for planting the seed.

Christina- That must have been a BIG cantelope for $4....LOL Ya know one the things I am trying to do differently is to cook more..I am really having fun exploring different recipes..I am cooking for guest for the 1st time this weekend so this will be a new experience and the neat thing is that I am looking forward to creating that unique meal that meets my calorie boundaries.

Hello to everyone else..Kathy, Sue, Jules, Michelle, and Tammy!!

You girls have a great night....Hugs to ya
Old 01-17-2007, 09:30 PM   #33  
I work with germs!!

Height: 5'2"

Good evening Ladies!!

Michelle--so happy to hear the Oreo is home and doing much better.

Marti & Jodi--Congrats on the weight loss, I haven't been on the scale for the past 5 days.

Christine--are you selling your house or are you a realtor? Reading about open house cancellations. Sorry, still a little new here!

Sue--Hang in there and don't be hard on yourself. Everyday allows you a new beginning. And yes, this is what I keep telling myself after I've allowed myself to gain 14 lbs and almost wreck my $5,000 tummy tuck. The tummy is still flat but now I have a nice 14 lb donut above my jeans

Jane--Hope your carpets turned out great. I can relate with the light carpeting. My entire house is about the lightest beige out there. Not what I would have picked out but inherited from the previous owner. I also hope your foot will respond to the cortisone shot. Those are pretty painful to get and hurt like h**l for several hours but then really do help in the end.

I finally got myself back on my elliptical today!! I have no excuse for not exercising. I have an entire room in my basement set up as a gym with the elliptical, treadmill, bowflex, free weights, resistance bands etc. I'm ashamed to say that the dust down there nearing choked me today!! My husband uses the equipment often but could care less about the dust. After working 3 really hard 12 hour shifts, I finally have the next 5 days off and have commited myself to getting on that equipment. Hopefully this will put me on the right track to getting these lbs off. Whoever else I've missed, I hope all is well and sending you all warm hugs!
Old 01-17-2007, 11:57 PM   #34  

Height: 5'1"

Evening ladies!

I'm back to catch up some before I have a little dinner, watch a little American Idol and then do my nightly walk!

Marykate--So glad to see you popping in! I was worried about you and your arm. I read about that woman and the water in the paper last night. It was a "Holding in your wee for a Wii" how sad that she passed away from it. I can't even begin to imagine getting that much water down! Really like the latte recipe....will have to try it soon!

Jane--They started the 8 yr back in '04. I'm not sure if it's just in Oregon or all over. But I like the idea of not having to renew as often....not like 4yrs was a big deal or anything.....guess I'm lazy is all! I will keep my fingers crossed too for your cortisol shot and that it'll help. Mini vacations eh????? Sounds like lots of fun!

Jodi--WTG on the 3.5 lbs gone! That's fantastic!! You're doing a great job. Keep up the good work. I can't believe your driveway was flooded. What great mom to take your kids to school. Was there lots of flooding in town or just in your area?

Vann--Losing slowly is always better than losing lots all at once. I was really shocked at losing the 3lbs the week before. I don't think I've lost that much in one week.....ever. That's why I always have a goal of losing 2lbs within a MONTH. Your brownies sound good. I have brownies in my fridge.....and I managed to have a piece big enough for two bites. Any bigger and I would have helped myself to more! REALLY need my husband to hurry and eat the darn things!

Cristina--I have a pet peeve about drivers too. I become a big butt on the road when someone rides right up on my tail end....I just slow down. I know that's a dumb thing to do w/road raging people out there, but I do it anyway. Then when they try to pass me on the slow lane....I speed up enough to get into the slow lane.....maybe I'm the crazy driver and not the others!

Michelle--Good to hear Oreo is getting better. LOVE the photo of her in the advatar. She is just TOO cute! How is the weather in your area?? I've heard North of here is horrible. Be careful driving if you have ice!

Sassy--Hope your furnace isn't broken. Landlord better take another look at it. Don't want a fire to break out. Don't you love it when you're back on schedule? Having it out of wack just messes up everything. Nothing ever gets done around my house!

Tammy--One of these days I want to get an ellipitcal. I just don't have room for it here. My hubby prefers the treadmill....although since we've got one...I haven't seen him on it much! Do you normally work 12hr shifts? Or were you working OT? Enjoy your five days off!!

Jules--Do they have you working lots again?? If they are....you make sure you get in some "ME" time ok?

Hello to everyone else that I may have missed. I did my best to catch up.

Ok....time is running out, need to get moving.

Hugs to you all!
Old 01-18-2007, 10:37 AM   #35  
GmaTo8

A quick hello to all of you today. Caylin is coming over to be Grandma's Girl shortly, so I need to hurry. I'm not sure just what we'll do, but I imagine she has some ideas.

The shot worked wonderfully! No more stabbing pains in my heel, only some soreness where the shot went in.

I'll bbl....
Old 01-18-2007, 10:44 AM   #36  

S/C/G: 166

Height: 5'4"

Just a quick Hello

We have a SNOW DAY...really quite funny for us...

It will be gone in minutes if I don't go take a picture;-0 LOL

I'll check back in tonight..

Jane...enjoy the kid fun!!

Marti- I'll have to keep you posted on my dinner party..I was just doing the grocery list and the calorie count...and even with dessert it looks like I will be below 500...Crab Cakes, Cream corn with Green onion and apple/raisan slaw- Lemon cupcakes for dessert YUM..hope it taste as good as it sounds!!

Hello to all....Happy Thursday!
Old 01-18-2007, 12:41 PM   #37  

Morning Ladies--

Jane--How do I get in on the "grandma's girl" day??? Have lots of fun w/her....she's the mini Jane isn't she? SO cute. Very happy to hear that the shot worked and no pain added!! Whoo hoo!!

Vann--I LOVE crab cakes! If it's worth it, post a recipe. I'm still trying to come up w/my birthday dinner idea. Not sure what I want yet. I'm thinking pork taco's...some recipe I seen in a WW cookbook.

Well ladies...yesterday was a bad day for eating and exercising. I skipped lunch...a no-no in my book. And I just didn't feel up to walking last night. I got into looking at houses on line and time got to me and it was late. Today will be much better.

I do have a NSV! I put on this green top that I wore on my vacation...and instead of being snug and almost too tight, it's hangs nicely on me now! OMG! I was thrilled! And no hubby home to show it off to! He'll be home later tonight though.....

So I'm starting this day in a happy note.

Hello to everyone else out there and have a great day!
Old 01-18-2007, 03:20 PM   #38  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Hi ladies

MARTI...WTG on your NSV! I've done that before too...started looking at houses online and the time gets away from ya...very easy to do. Pork tacos sound good. You're not a crazy driver, lol. I have done the same thing. For the most part though I try to get out of someone's way. But I have days where if I am going a little over the speed (Usually go 5-7 miles over) and I am in a lane I need to be in I am not going to move over because some dummy feels the need to do 20 over the speed limit.

VANN...your menu sounds good! I'm not a fan of crabcakes but it still sounds good, all of it together. And no, it wasn't a big cantaloupe, lol! It should have been for that price, lol. I could eat off a BIG one for days. Enjoy your snow day. We are supposed to get some this weekend. Hoping the ice we have now is all melted by the time the next round hits us.

TAMMY...not a realtor, although I have thought about getting into it. We are selling our house. And don't worry about it, I'm still learning the newbies. I think I have you ladies now but still get a little mixed up at times, lol.

SASSY...glad you are back on schedule. Did you have your furnace checked out? Those things always worry me. We don't have them now but when we move I plan on getting some of the carbon monoxide alarms. I've seen Benny & Joon, When a Stranger Calls is the one you saw #2???, and The Upside of Anger...I liked it.

JANE...enjoy your grandmama time with Caylin. And I am glad the shot helped.

Hi to everyone else

Well, today was grocery day. After yesterday I couldn't get up at 7 this morning. I wanted to get my exercise out of the way first thing before getting in the shower but that didn't happen. So...plan on doing it after Jeopardy and before dinner. Just going to have a bowl of oatmeal since it will just be me and DD, and that is our favorite meal. Well, one of them. Getting some laundry done right now and then just going to relax...feel like I need a nap, lol. V was snoring bad last night so didn't get to sleep until about 2'ish. Anyway...hope everyone is having a good day, lot's of hugs to you all.
Old 01-18-2007, 04:44 PM   #39  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Hey all.

This is going to be short as I injured my arm last night. Will go into more detail when I can type more.

I hope you all are well though.

Old 01-18-2007, 10:41 PM   #40  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Hello ladies...

Just a quickie to say Hi since I was on for a few minutes.

SASSY...oh my goodness lady, what did you do to your arm? Hoping you didn't take a fall. Only say that because V (dh) has slipped on that darn ice twice in the last two days. Check in and let us know how you are when you are feeling better. Just take care of your arm and get some rest.

Hi to everyone

Getting ready to head to the bedroom and do some reading after Match Game...love that show. It's on almost every night twice so I always watch. It is too funny sometimes, they definitely had a ball playing it. Anywho...take care ladies...see ya tomorrow some time. Nighty, night!
Old 01-19-2007, 12:08 AM   #41  
GmaTo8

: Happy Birthday Marti!!

I hope you have a wonderful day!
Old 01-19-2007, 01:18 AM   #42  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

Speaking of furnaces...our blower went out last night. And it got cold! Was down to low 50's in the house and we were all under many blankets. They got it fixed by noon today..thank goodness.

Just real busy here, but enjoying reading about everyone.
Old 01-19-2007, 09:50 AM   #43  
a work in progress

Happy Birthday Marti!!!

Hope your day is fantastic!

Hugs,
Mary Kate
Old 01-19-2007, 11:09 AM   #44  

S/C/G: 205/193/155

JaneYep, I sell Avon. I have for 2 yrs now. Our driveway has been frozen for 3 days now. 2 days ago, I ran off in the ditch trying to get into the drive. I finally got out. Then that evening I ran off the other side and got stuck in the mud. My poor van looked like I had been muddin'. I was able to go and get it washed yesterday. I have to leave in a few min to deliver Avon and it looks like it is pretty frozen. But the Fed Ex and UPS guys have been here this morning so I shouldn't have a problem getting in and out. I hope.

Vann I am so glad you liked the chicken. I kept thinking she probably won't like it and think I am nutso- lol

Marti there was A LOT of rain in our area. There was a lot of flooding in fields that never flood unless it is really bad. We live in the country so that probably is part of the cause of the flooding because of how the land is out my way. Believe me our yard has been worse, so I was thankful that is was just as bad as it was. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!
Old 01-19-2007, 11:38 AM   #45  

Aww....thank you ladies for the birthday wishes!!

I'm off to go to work....should have asked for it off! I will catch up w/you later!

Closed Thread