Old 01-06-2007, 06:23 AM   #16  

Good morning gals! It is near 60 this morning so it isn't too cool this morning. Didn't seem to be when I let the dog out. We had a couple days of rain, but that seems to have moved out. The weather thingy online says we are to get rain tomorrow and it is showing cloudy conditions all day today.

I had a nice rest with no get up 400 times to pee last night so I guess my body has adjusted to the water now. I am on day 5 and still doing fine. Ok, so I broke my vow and weighed myself. I didn't do the treadmill yesterday because I cleaned the whole downstairs so I am going out at first light and walk before I have to get cleaned up and go visit the mouse this morning.

Maggie: Isn't that pizza just delic? I am not a big fan of the red sauce on pizza because it usually gives me heartburn and I found this to be just yummy with the mushroom sauce and all those mushrooms on top. Since I liked mine, next grocery shopping day I am going to get several and put in the freezer too.

Jean: Bed Head is the brand believe it or not. They sell all kinds of gunk for your hair, gelts, mousses, glues, waxes, etc. I am not sure if you are supposed to believe it will make bed head go away or give you bed head for a cool look! I would love to grow my hair out into a chin length bob, but I like not having to mess with it much. I was never very good at styling. Maybe it is my right brainess? Oh and Lean Cuisine actually sells several brands and types of pizza. The brick oven style, which is a flat bread type pizza comes in a bbq chicken, the gourmet mushroom and a garlic chicken. They also have french bread style pizza in cheese, pepperoni and deluxe, which is everything. Finally, they have their basic round which comes in cheese, pepperoni, roasted vegetable and the deluxe. The problem is finding what you want.

I just have a few more rows and the one side of my sister's sweater is finished. It would have been done, but I didn't like the second pattern on it at all so I ripped it back and put in more of the first pattern then discovered on the last one that I put in one extra row of garter stitch so instead of ripping again, I think I am going to just make the front match the back! This is one easy sweater because you have no armhole decreases or anything remotely difficult. It is basically a front square and a back square then you sew up the neckline to make like a boat neckline and sew up the side seams to make drop sleeves. It makes a pretty sweater though.

I got my beautiful yarn today and it is so gorgeous. It is gossamer and it is going to make the most beautiful top for me. I have to do Kelly's sweater, the baby blanket and the red hat finished first, but I am itching to get to it to see how it knits up.

We were working on our vacation last night. We decided to try and do some of the flooring and go to Vegas too. Jack said that he wanted to go on vacation because after last year we need a nice time away so we are going the Wed before Labor day and coming home the Wed after. I have already put down the hotel deposit and will get the airplane tics as soon as they become available, which should be the end of next month I think. Airtran only books like 5 months in advance.

Hope you ladies all have a great weekend.

Faye leaving the fat behind.....
gma22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 11:10 PM   #17  

Good Evening, Flowers! My best laid plans for the day got way-laid (?) right after I got home from working in the hospital gift shop. That three hours was pretty slow . . . two paying customers and two lookers. Jason called to see if we could come and pick up a bed and mattress for Zowie. It seems they sold her crib to a neighbor's unmarried daughter due in Feb. I will if Zowie pitches a fit in the change-over process. She does have a mind of her own. By the time we finished it was suppertime so of course we all went out to eat. By chance another couple from Bob's hometown came in right behind us and ended up sitting with us. I've got a load of clothes in the washer and dryer right now. Bob has to usher at church for the month of January which means we will be going to church earlier than usual. Tomorrow is "rip and dip" Sunday which I'd just as soon skip.

"Gma" -- I will probably have to make a grocery run tomorrow and will check out the pizzas then. You will wear your yarn out for as much as you rip it out and do over! You will enjoy making something for yourself after all of the gifts you have made for others. I know you will look forward to another Vegas vacation.

I hope you all had a nice day today. Enjoy tomorrow because Monday will be here too quickly.

Jean -- from Iowa!
Jean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 06:24 AM   #18  

Good morning gals! We had such a wonderful time with Thomas and got to have him all day, which was terrific. He is such a sweet little boy. He never causes a bit of trouble. He and granddad had a blast playing the games, but whooooeee was it crowded even at 10 in the morning. Birthday parties everywhere. When we got there every table was reserved, but Jack asked about it and they said we could pick anyone we wanted to. Don't know why they had reserved signs on everything then. We then took him to the movies to see Open Season, which had a lot of silly bathroom humor, stuff like that, but it was funny and he liked it, then his mom called and they had some problems and weren't going to be home at 3 so we brought him to our house and they picked him up. Not a good food day, but I am going to get on the treadmill this morning and make it up a little anyway.

Jean: Wonder if Zowie adapted ok. It is never a good idea to just rip a kid away from a situation and dump them into a new one. They should have eased her out of her crib into a new bed, ie starting with naps or whatever. She may be resistant for awhile. Hope the communion isn't too unpleasant. I think I would just bypass communion when they had that method. Hope you got caught up on the chores.

I am finally on the front side of the sweater so I hope I can get it done and sewed up. Thomas was all interested in my projects so I showed him what I was doing and for who. He wore my sweater yesterday and it does look good on him, except he is so thin it is quite roomy! He also has a long body so it won't fit very long. I can see why the Beatle's sweater didn't fit now that I saw the brown one on him. At least I did a decent enough job people weren't staring saying, "What's with that kid's sweater???" Each one I do, I get a little better at, but I still make stupid mistakes.

I have to try and get the upstairs all cleaned today as I didn't get anything done being with Thomas all day. We usually only get him 2 hours max, but we had him from 10 to 4:30 so I didn't get anything done. I would love to have him more but he had a busy schedule for a little kid. Oh, he play Fur Elise for us on the piano! He is slow at it, but he plays it. He has also started his violin lessons, but he told me they are harder than piano. I cannot believe he has only been taking lessons 7 months.

Well gals, it is onward to chores and exercise. You have a wonderful Sunday!

Faye
Old 01-07-2007, 02:29 PM   #19  

Good Afternoon, Flowers! It's windy, dark, and dreary in my neighborhood today. It was "rip 'n dip" today at church and I declined even though I did shake hands. Several people around me were sneezing, coughing, and blowing their noses; I guess I am getting more paranoid about cold germs . . . I don't have time for a cold! I had a load of laundry to put in the dryer and went I went downstairs the floor was wet. Water had backed up from the sump pump which means a new sump pump. I'm just glad Bob was home to change pumps. We always have a spare on hand in case of pump burnout. I want to work on another closet and bag up some more paper clutter.

"Gma" -- I'm glad that you, Jack, and Thomas had such fun yesterday! I thought maybe you were going to say that Thomas wanted to learn how to knit. One of our students watched his sister knit her scarf last semester and picked up knitting on his own. He made himself a scarf over break and brought it in to show us. My personal opinion that any time a child can take music lessons of any kind, it is good! Even if they never do anything beyond their school years, they will appreciate music and enjoy it throughout their lives. Hope your chores are all caught up and you are back on schedule today. I heard the white glove patrol is heading your direction.

Hope you all have a nice 'rest of the day!' Why do the weekends have to go by so fast?

Jean -- from Iowa!
Jean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 12:08 PM   #20  

Ladies, do you not have faith God will not let us get sick from germs that might be on Communion? I do.

Sounds like everyone is progressing. I'm aiming to add 500 steps a day to my walking this week and continuing everything from last week.

Winter has returned - only 60 today after being in the 70s on the weekend.
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 01:59 PM   #21  

Post at Steel Magnolias #2