Old 01-05-2007, 11:30 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 184/174.8/132

Height: 5' 4"

The one on the left is of me now and the one on the right is of me ten years ago. What happened??? Unhealthy eating, no exercise, lack of will power, no motivation, and three kids and a husband!! LOL
Attached Images
File Type: jpg lori2.jpg (23.1 KB, 11 views)
File Type: bmp lori7.bmp (38.7 KB, 10 views)
loveandlaughalways is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 03:58 AM   #47  
Resident Witchling

S/C/G: 198/190/140

Height: 5'7"

Thank you guys so much for your kind words and understanding. Makes me glad I didn't go the "suffer in silence" route, which is my norm. My housemate and I are just starting the YOU on a Diet plan tomorrow, we went grocery shopping today. Bought lots of whole foods; I have organic cashew-macadamia nut butter since I don't like peanuts/peanut butter, and bought celery and carrots for dipping in that. I have sprouted grain english muffins and bread...a couple things of Trader Joe's soups, some lean meats - ground turkey, turkey slices, salmon - I even picked up lettuce for salad. Also some organic dried cherries for snacking.

But what I really *need* to do is get the Pastaroni and Mac-n-Cheese boxes OUT OF MY SIGHT. Or out of reach. Or something. I can't bring myself to throw them away, since I'm fecken broke-poor all the time and I need to have *something* in reserve for the times when I can't buy groceries at all. But they're so much easier than actually cooking properly, so I end up eating those and I know they're not good for me. Maybe I'll stash them under my bed or something. Somewhere I don't go very often.

I've saved up, and I'm going to this specialty store to get fitted for and buy a proper sports bra this weekend. I'm a 38DDD, which makes exercising somewhat hazardous, if you know what I mean. And the pain from jiggle-syndrome is one of the excuses I'm always making for why I haven't worked out. So I'm doing this for myself, to take away that excuse and perhaps motivate me a bit more. My mom and I are discussing if she can afford to get me a couple months membership at the local Curves...I have a gym at my college I can go to but I HATE going there. It's all teensy waif-girls who wear makeup to work out and go in chattery groups, or pretty-boy jocks grunting over the weights. So not a comfortable place for me. We'll see, though.

Jasmine, it's so good to see you again! 12 lbs average? Wow, I suddenly don't feel so bad.

Jo, you have such a point. I keep saying "this summer I'll buy my first bikini" and yet, every summer, I'm not quite there yet. And as you've pointed out, another summer will come and go whether or not I'm there, whether or not I've been able to get my surgery (breast-reduction, but I have to lose the weight first) and buy that bikini...but I want it. I really do. Thank you for reminding me of that.

Shari...*hug* we all know what that's like.

Hpnotq, welcome! Portion size is a great place to start. Even the healthiest food won't help you lose if you eat too much, after all.

loveandlaughalways, good luck with your resolutions!

And now, I am going to go take my sudafed and go to sleep. I hate being sick...
Nikaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 04:31 PM   #48  
Mardi Gras'07 New Orleans

S/C/G: 253/253/160

hi everyone i found this free site that let you create a model of yourself and dress it up at the weight you are now and then you can change it to your target weight to see how you would look. I dont know how accurate it is but it was kind of fun here is the site mvm.com just add the www. to the front of it
miafluker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 06:03 PM   #49  
Goodbye Fat!

Okay I have been lazy today and stayed in my PJs most of the day...rainy and dreary out again. I have done some scrapbooking which is one of my hobbies and watched Mission Impossible III with DH and his grandpa. So we had fresh eggs for breakfast this morning, but I had to fight the chickens this morning to get them. I will never fit into the farm life, but hey is only a few weekends a year. Tonight is splurge night so I think it is going to be Chicken Fried Steak...haven't had one is I don't remember. Maybe even a piece of pie for me too...we'll see. I hope everyone is having a great weekend.
dollypie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 07:28 PM   #50  

S/C/G: 155/148/128

Oh my gosh I just finished the running up 78 flights of stairs challenge and my legs are like jelly! I just drank 3 glasses of water and I never drink water. It is a huge downfall, but right now it sure does taste good. When I can breathe again, I'm going to ride my bike for an hour.

I weighed in today and actually lost a pound toward my Valentine goal. I'm at 150 and so want to be in the 140's. I'm hoping to be so in the next few days.

Thanks miafluker, I'm going to try the model!
stopeating is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 08:59 PM   #51  
Constantly Tweaking

S/C/G: 172/159/130

Height: 5'2" (give or take)

Nik -- so glad you're back and your welcome! Everyone gets into slumps and needs encouragement. I hope with the abundance of encouragement on this site that we all succeed!

stopeating -- you ran up (and I'm assuming down) 78 flights of stairs? How did you find that challenge and how hard was it? How long did it take you? And where are you finding the strength to ride your bike for an hour after doing it? Doing the Firms Tough Tape 2 workout seems so wimpy compared to that challenge. But I gotta tell ya, I'm feeling my glutes and thighs today. What ever made me think I could just jump right back in after two months of not much exercise I'll never know! Taking a day off tomorrow from exercise and am going to start the C25K on Monday. Don't know about the 5K part, but I'm going to try. We're also going to buy an ipod for us. We gave my daughter one for her 16th b-day last July. Paid $150 for a 1GB (holds 250 songs). Darned if now you can't buy a 2 GB (500 songs) for the same money. If anyone is interested, Apple sells refurbished ipods. They have a 2GB for $99, free shipping. Talk to ya soon girls!

Jo
Is that really me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 09:43 PM   #52  
Losing To Live

S/C/G: 289/266/140

Height: 5'5

I'm not only being slow in getting back on my diet horse, but I'm also slow in getting back on my 3FC horse, lol.

I find the hardest thing for me right now is getting back in to exercising. I have no idea why I slowed over the holidays while I was at home, but it's likely that it goes hand in hand with my eating becoming more relaxed. We ate out ALOT more, and I was tricking myself in to thinking that just because a wrap has chicken in it, it must be healthy. But a greek wrap is NEVER healthy, unless you're making it yourself!

Well, so far I have cooked dinner every single night for exactly 7 days. Saturdays are usually our eat out night, but I didn't want to because I wasn't sure I would be able to maintain my routine. So I made pasta with a home made sauce, which is a bit of a treat for me

One of the things I received for Christmas from my niece was a pizza baking stone. I have a recipe that's not too high in calories, and if I make my own tomato sauce, I think it's going to turn out fabulously. And I love when my house smells like baked bread!

Anyway, that's it for now. I shall be back tomorrow, must keep with my routine. And 3FC is part of it!

<3 Mande
martiniforme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 11:09 PM   #53  
Follow Me to Onederland!

S/C/G: 284~278~150

Well a pretty decent day for me. I went for a walk this morning...just 20 minutes but at least I did something. Work was good....surprisingly people were pretty nice.

Jo-I've actually been looking at the C25K the last couple of days and am thinking about giving it a shot. I guess since you're doing it, I'll start on Monday too and we can encourage each other....if you want.

Everyone else hope you had a good Saturday and have a wonderful Sunday!
Hpnotq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 11:43 PM   #54  
Resident Witchling

S/C/G: 198/190/140

Not terribly bad today, actually. I drove "over the hill" to San Jose to visit this little specialty bra boutique and get fitted for an Enell sports bra, it's going to be cheaper to buy it there than online, plus I got to try one on. And, my housemate and I went to Costco to get TP, PTs and bottled water en masse. Dinner we actually cooked, and it was SO GOOD. Brown rice with onions and red bell peppers (which I picked out cause I'm allergic, but Andrea loves them), and salmon with this marinade that was olive oil, garlic, shoyu, grated ginger, and a teensy bit of maple syrup. It was amazingly good! We had a bit of an accident with the rice that ended up with A: a lot spilled on the stove and B: a lot extra in the pan. So we now have leftover rice. But I'm so proud that we actually cooked a healthy dinner, and it really wasn't that hard, either! I can see myself making that again, or even just doing the brown rice and maybe cooking up some chicken to top it with for lunches or something.

My cold is semi-fading, so I'm going to try to start working out again on Monday morning.

OOOHHHH, and my other favorite bit of today - I bought a new pillow! I know that sounds like nothing, but I'm perpetually broke (college student with no job) so it's such a big deal. My old pillow was absolutely flat and grungy - I was propping it up with a rolled-up yoga mat and some of those herbal freezer-packs - and so now I'm seriously looking forward to going to bed so I can experience what it feels like to sleep on a not-jury-rigged pillow. Yay! Take pleasure in the little things, right? *grin*
Nikaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 01:41 AM   #55  
Losing To Live

S/C/G: 289/266/140

Height: 5'5

Nikaia: I totally know the feeling! I just read that last little bit about the pillow to DF. When he and his mother first left his father (abusive), he didn't have a bed. So he took a moving box and laid it flat on the floor, and used that as a bed. He was so proud of his box-bed, that he wouldn't even share it with his buddy when he slept over, his buddy had to sleep directly on the floor, . Your pillow and his box-bed were meant to be together, I think!

Hpnotq: 20 minutes is great! Only nothing is really nothing, every minute that you do something towards your health is that much more than nothing. And walking is a GREAT way to shed pounds. It's how I'm doing it, and Jasmine has lost quite a bit with mostly walking! She's our walking goddess over here haha!

One other thing I would like to add, welcome to those of you who have recently joined us!

Wow, I got so much done today, chore-wise. Even the fish are happy with me today, their tank is all clean. Tomorrow is another day of chores, then hopefully if it's all out of the way, I'll have more time to do things for myself while working next week.

Our DVD player died on us, so I was trying to watch my walking DVDs on my laptop, but because it's an LCD screen, it was hard to see, and I had trouble angling it just right. However, I got DF a portable DVD player for Christmas, and it has a TV-out option, so I'm going to rig that up in the spare bedroom tomorrow.

I need to get back to me!
martiniforme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 07:48 AM   #56  

Good morning!

Is that really me - I did run up and down 78 flights! I confess though, once I sat at the computer, I ran out of energy to ride the bike. I'm up early today and will ride as soon as I'm done. The thread is "Anyone up for a step/flight challenge" I'm not sure how to put the link here, but you can search it. Come over and join, we are planning our next challenge!

Nikaia - I was a college kid - I remember.

Martiniforme-I'm making homemade pizza today. Bought fat free cheese for my side and fresh mushrooms, and wheat crust.

miafluker- I checked out that web site...it was a blast. Although my dh wanted to stand by my side and watch and my weight is a huge secret so I couldn't play too much with him there. You guys and my doc are the only ones who know how much I really weigh.
Old 01-07-2007, 10:28 AM   #57  
Mardi Gras'07 New Orleans

S/C/G: 253/253/160

stopeating= i would love to be your weight but i know what you mean it took me a while to let DH know my actual weight.
I wish i had steps to do the challenge it sounds like fun and at the sametime a real butt kicker i wonder if one of those steppers from walmart would count?
Hpnotq= 20 min is great from what i hear your workout should be at least 20min
martiniforme= i am having problems getting motivated enough to workout
miafluker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 12:44 PM   #58  
Follow Me to Onederland!

S/C/G: 284~278~150

Good morning....don't have much time cause I have a million things to get done today. Went for a walk this morning and I feel so ready for the day. Hope everyone has a great Sunday! I'll be back later tonight.
Hpnotq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 02:03 PM   #59  

miafluker - My calves are so sore today, so I definitely got a good workout! I definitely think the stair stepper counts. I know other people are using them and if I had one I would use it to. I have 13 stairs and a flight is 15 so I have to redo the math. Felt like I had a hole in my lung when I was done!
Old 01-07-2007, 02:11 PM   #60  
Constantly Tweaking

S/C/G: 172/159/130

Height: 5'2" (give or take)

Hpnotq, I'd love to try the C25K with you. I'm starting tomorrow after I get the kids off the school. I'm going to print of the program so I can just follow it. I'll let you know how it goes. Thanks!

Jo
Is that really me is offline   Reply With Quote