Closed Thread

Old 10-01-2007, 10:15 AM   #346  
Remember Why I'm Here

S/C/G: s-241/g-145

Height: 5'5"

Hi PIC's

Sounds like you two have been busy and well. Keep it up! Petra, I've been trying to get the whole grains in a bit more too. Have you cooked barley? I don't know if it's the kind i'm using or what, but no matter how long I cook it, it's chewy and almost meaty. (I've done a barley mushroom dish, and had it in chicken soup.) I like it actually, but Lee isn't as into it, surprise!!! hehehe... I think we're expecting it to be like Campbell's soup barly... mushy. Do you know how it's supposed to be?

Curly, keep on with that studyin' lady!! edumacation sounds good for the diet too. hehe...

Me, well I had 4 days of sugar fest. I haven't checked my blood sugars in a couple weeks now, and I am out of my actos. Not good for me...... I'll be calling dr. today. How come this always seems to happen right before I have to go in and seen them???? AND now I'm gonna be late for work too. ackkkkkkkk.... You all have a wonderful OP day. I'm going to be extra conscious of mine

Dee~

Last edited by iwmonn; 10-01-2007 at 10:16 AM.
Old 10-01-2007, 11:55 PM   #347  
Staying in 1derland!

S/C/G: 288/ticker/155

my paper i killed myself writing is not due till october 22
can u hear me screaming?
Old 10-02-2007, 01:34 AM   #348  

Curly good job on the pound lost!

I'm doing ok. I did my walk away the pounds dvd today
Old 10-02-2007, 11:04 AM   #349  
Remember Why I'm Here

lol Curly. Now I know what it was that woke me up, heheheh. YOu gotta stop that screaming gf... you're going to give yourself laryngitis or something. Oh wait, you're learning new yoga technics for dealing with issues . Just think of how relaxed you will be cuz your assingment is done early and everyone else will be scrambling....... (it all sounds good on paper, huh.)

Val~ Good for you!!! I was just thinking about starting my watp videos too. My feet hurt so bad anymore tho. Just one more sign that I really need to get off my butt and do something!!!!

Have a good one PIC's ~Dee
Old 10-02-2007, 07:45 PM   #350  
Staying in 1derland!

haha then throw into the mix that I am in the process of perhaps (fingers crossed) buying a newer mobile home.. its right next door to me.. the last renters really worked it over pepto bismol pink paint in the bedroom, lime green in the livingroom, and school bus yellow in the kitchen... so i will have a lot of work to do before i can move in... if i get it.. my same landlord but the back yard is awesome... backs to the woods so chai could have a run out in the yard... and a bathtub to die for!!! i bet 2 people could fit into that thing! and a big deck on the front!!

if i get it .. the next step will be looking for my own land..

OOO i worked the late nite shift and got hungry at work ... all i had in my desk was russell stovers sugar free candies... i had 3 and wasnt too sure i was gonna make the 20 min drive home... ROFLMAO

but i am down 4 lbs

Last edited by curlylocks; 10-03-2007 at 07:25 AM.
Old 10-04-2007, 02:04 AM   #351  

Curly those colors sound ugly! You could fix it up nice though!

I've been good. Did my kicboxing DVD today. HOpefully I'll see a loss on friday!
Old 10-04-2007, 06:48 AM   #352  
Staying in 1derland!

my class started back up last night... I love to see all those beginner
twig size girls wince in pain...

Kickboxing sounds like it would be a lot of fun.. but that tai bo is deadly!
Old 10-04-2007, 07:23 AM   #353  

S/C/G: 257/250/150

Height: 5' 3"

Curly-good job on the 4 lbs. and good luck with the new home.

This is my last week at the VA and it has been a bit emotional. They had a little going away party for me yesterday. It was very sweet. Even though I've only been here for 10 months I do feel truly appreciated and respected by my co-workers here, even more than I did after 6 years in PA. It's a shame the job was so terrible. I'm not so sure it will be as good where I am going because I will be in the position of having to set the rules and may be viewed negatively for it.
Old 10-06-2007, 10:33 AM   #354  
Staying in 1derland!

Petra... take a deep breath.. everything will be fine... they will all be happy to have someone join them with new and fresh ideas... You are gonna do a great job! and if they don't like the new and fresh ideas.... they better get accustomed to them real quick...

Just teasing it will be fine.... wear "royal blue" the first day I hear thats a "power" color....

Last edited by curlylocks; 10-06-2007 at 10:34 AM.
Old 10-08-2007, 01:28 AM   #355  

Hi everyone!
I had an ok day today. I ate well but didn't get in any exercise.

Petra good luck on the new job!
Old 10-12-2007, 11:15 AM   #356  
Remember Why I'm Here

Good Morning Ladies,

Yesterday I quit thinking about it and I did it! I got up and walked. I've been thinking about it since I got my schedule changed. I have no excuses now. I used to say I couldn't do it cuz I had to work to early, and I was to tired after work. Now I don't have to go in til 9 or 10 so no reason not to do it before, right?!?!? So yesterday I got up and threw on my sweats and a hooded jacket to cover my bedhair and I did it.

Soooooo last night I had to close, and stopped for mexican takeout for dinner, came home, ate, went to bed. Woke up a couple hours later and was very sick for a while. Went back to bed and woke with a terrible headache. It's raining so outside walking is not an option today. I really feel lousy but I'm going to attempt a WATP video this morning, and I am on the hunt for a decent treadmill again lol

Then I called the dr and told them I've been out of my meds for a week and that we needed to figure out some generics that I could reasonably afford (cuz they were out of samples of what they normally give me), AND I also got assertive and I told them I was unhappy with having to see the new doc last time. --Not that I didn't like him, cuz he was really nice, but nobody told me my regular doc was backed up so would I mind seeing someone else that day? There I was after getting my vitals done and in he walked and introduced himself. (It was his first day there). I felt very unimportant. Not to mention that I had some things I really wanted to talk to MY dr. about. I didn't say anything then, but I have stewed for a couple months and decided to say something to the diabetes nurse yesterday when we were talking.......

Things at work are still good. I got offered the actual manager position and accepted. I am no longer the Acting Manager wooooHOOOOOO.

Val~Keep up the work. Just remember it's all just one day at a time. Hope everything else is good for you.

Petra~ I just bet you're busy as heck. Check in soon. I'm sure we're all curious how things are going.

Curly~ Hope you're dong good too. Still staying OP? How are things with the new home purchase?

LisaWY~ Helooooooooooooooooooo out there.

Dee~

Last edited by iwmonn; 10-12-2007 at 11:23 AM.
Old 10-13-2007, 01:41 AM   #357  

Dee good job on the walk! It really is great exercise!

Make sure you stand up to the doctor. I am intimidated by them but you have to let them know whats going on!
Old 10-15-2007, 07:22 AM   #358  

Dee-good job on getting up and walking.

Today is my first day at my new job. I didn't read your post until this morning. I have light blue on. I have had a couple bad omens but I'm hoping things will all smooth out. I was at a conference in New Orleans the last few days and thurs. I get a call from the psych administrator asking me if I'll take call this week-starting on Thurs. They take call for a week at a time. Most places let you get your bearings before they ask you take call so this came as a shock. I told her to take it up with the medicine administrator since I have no idea what he has planned for this week. I haven't heard what the outcome of that conversation was so I may be in for some surprises this morning. I'm going in expecting to see patients.
Old 10-16-2007, 07:31 AM   #359  

I survived my first day. It was chaotic. No one seemed prepared for me. I showed up at the clinic where I'm supposed to be working and they were clearly not expecting me. The area where I'm going to be seeing psych patients needs to be fixed up-painted, cleaned, new furniture, etc. There was only one appointment set up for me all day despite the fact I clearly needed several things done-my ID badge, to see the health nurse, etc. I haven't actually gotten to do anything involving patients yet. It was a better eating day. Although there was total chaos, people were very nice.
Old 10-17-2007, 07:47 AM   #360  

My second day was marginally better. I did a consult with the nurse practitioner but I have yet to set foot on the psych unit and I'm supposed to be orienting to work there for the next couple weeks while they get my clinic set up. I did get my ID badge yesterday and my computer training done.

I also had an interesting experience. I got scolded for being "difficult and demanding". I was shocked because most people don't find me to be either but this seemed to stem from an assumption that I knew all the projects they currently had going on and why they were unprepared for me on my first day when no one had bothered to tell me any of that or prepare me for what my first day would be like. Despite all that, I think I had actually been very gracious about everything-I hadn't been accusing or angry so this interpretation on their part seems a bit odd to me. I think we cleared the air. We now see each other's point of view and I hope we can move on.
Closed Thread