Old 01-08-2007, 09:09 PM   #136  

S/C/G: 271/264.0/160

Height: 5' 7"

Default First day of strength training!

Well the weekend was not particularly great. I don't know why, but weekends seem to be the worst for me. Its so hard to stick to healthy eating when my hubby is around and always wanting to eat out! But I love him anyways!

Today I started doing the strength training portion of my plan. It went well except for the push ups! That was H_LL!!! I only got in one set of reps in with that one, but I did well on the others. It was so funny cause I was trying to do my push ups and my 2 year old kept trying to crawl underneath me thinking it was a game! It was cute. I was doing my leg lifts while laying on my side, and my son (the 2 year old) decided to lay beside me and pretend to do them too. It was priceless. If I could have gotten it on video, I would have.

I also started to do a Walk Away the Pounds DVD. I only did the one mile walk. But up until now I had trouble getting through the one mile walk. And I did it no problem this time!!

I have to go out and get a new scale tomorrow. Every time I weigh myself on the one we have (its a cheapie), it says something different. Something just ain't right with it!

Tomorrow morning, I have to take my 2 year old to the hospital for a speech assessment. He still is not talking hardly at all, and my doctor suggested an assessment. Hoping he's just a late talker, but I would rather be safe and get it looked into.

Well off to get the kids into bed. Have a great night all, and an even better Tuesday!!!

Anne
BarrieMomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 10:25 PM   #137  

S/C/G: 01/07/10~ 142/136/132

Anne~ Thats so cute about your son exercising with you! My boy does the same thing with the ab workouts! He has a 6 pack already and he's only 3!!! LOL!
Sounds like you are doing a great job!! Keep up the good work!And keep me posted on that assesment you son is going to.
Wide in Winnipeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 07:16 AM   #138  
used to be tofat

S/C/G: 189/128.5/130

Height: 5' 3 1/2"

Well, I started my day with a 4 mile walk. It was supposed to include a 3 mile run, but my walking partner questioned if it was safe to run with whatever is going on with me, and then I wasn't sure, so I just walked. I'll call the dr. and ask so maybe I can run tomorrow.

With all that has been going on at least I've stayed in control of my eating. At the moment it seems like everything else is out of control. I hate that feeling so I've taken all that frustration out into overplanning my diet. I really need to lighten up.

Anne-great job getting all the exercise in. Its wonderful when we are able to finish workouts that we could barely get halfway through before. Its fun to get kids involved with what we're doing. My 3 yo neice loves to go for runs with me. She can actually go 1/2 mile and not seem bothered!!

Wendy-glad the Cold FX worked so well. Hope you got in some exercise and didn't let the lazys take control.

Ro-I'm so proud of how you've been doing on your workouts!!! I hope your WI is a good one.

Courtnie-Another puppy!!! What fun. My 2 are my limit although I still eye just about any batch of puppies I come across. My sis got a toy fox terrier. He's pretty cute.
ArtsyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 10:06 AM   #139  

S/C/G: 140/137/125

Height: 5'2.5"

Anne~ that is great that you r doing so well with exercising. My son is almost 4 and has just starting building a vocabulary, at 2 he did not talk. My 2 year old talks more than he does.

Brandy~ you better take of yourself we don't want anything happening to u

wendy~ I will have to remember that cold fx works.
canadian mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 11:06 AM   #140  
Fat-be-gone

canadian mom - I was sorry to read about your sister's loss. You and your family are in my prayers.

anne - hope everthing goes well with your son and his tests today.

brandy - if being a food **** is making you feel at least a tiny bit better, why not? you'll probably lighten up anyway after everything gets sorted out. hang in there.

well I actually stayed within my points yesteday...woohoo!!! and I got a half hour workout in. Im hoping today will be a repeat of yesterday.

well, me and the bf are thinking of moving. he's a leasing consultant and yesterday he was walking apts (inspecting apts to see if they are move-in ready) and he fell in love with this one-bedroom. it is really nice. We'd be getting a 60% discount on rent. And it is, like 10 minutes away from my job. We'd be saving on money and time. The only thing is he'd be living at the property that he works at. That may be a huge pain in the butt with tenants knowing where he lives ( i don't want them to come knocking on our door with complaints/work orders). and I'm a little worried about safety in that area. The property we are at right now is managed by the company that he works at so we get a really small discount (40 bucks!!!) but we haven't had any safety issues. Plus, the apt is smaller but right now we have an extra bedroom that we don't use. waste of money and space. but my bf is gonna think it over today. I guess I'lljust ahve to wait and see what happens.

sorry for my long post lol. hope you all have a good day!
Rosario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 01:12 PM   #141  

S/C/G: 271/264.0/160

Height: 5' 7"

Default My update!

Well I took my son to the speech clinic this morning, and they confirmed what i already knew. He is behind in his speech. He only says about 8 words and at his age should be able to say about 50 or more. But his hearing and comprehension is excellent. So they suggested a seminar (8 weekly sessions) that help parents interact with their kids and help them to verbalize more. So have to talk that over with hubby and see what he wants to do. I really like the idea, anything that will help is alright by me!

So I have to change my ticker... Turns out the scale I have is so off. It was saying I was 7lbs lighter than I really am. Not that I'm complaining...lol, but I want to get an accurate picture. I'm not going to let it get me down, I mean I've still lost 5 lbs! So I will just work extra hard to get back to where I thought I was!

Haven't done my exercises yet, but I will do that shortly. I thought I would be really sore today with starting the strength training, but I feel pretty good. I am starting to notice that I have more energy during the day. I used to have to take an afternoon nap when my boys were sleeping, but the last few days I havent felt tired enough to take one!!!!

Well off to pop in a DVD and do some cardio!!!
Have a great day everyone!!

Anne
BarrieMomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 02:30 PM   #142  

Hi girls!
I'll be back, RJ is being a pain in the butt! LOL!
Old 01-09-2007, 02:30 PM   #143  
Starting Fresh

Height: 5'2"

I am having such a hard time with this second puppy thing. I want a second one... but this one I am looking at is in a recuse in Texas and by the time I get him he will be 4-5 months old. I think I got my heart set on getting a brand new little puppy. He is very cute, looks a lot like Keiko but more brown in his fur... Keiko would love to have a buddy to play with... but Karden and I need to talk about it more. We had already decided we were going to wait and get a second when Keiko was older... but then this guy came along...

anyway, Hope everyone is having a great day.
sotypical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 04:34 PM   #144  

Ugh! I messed up my meal plan today! I had lasagna for lunch( but it was yummy) and I feel like a pig! LOL!
Oh well one slip in how long?? At least it wasnt deep fried whatever right??!! LOL!
I have no interesting news today so I'm just going to sign off for now, I'll catch up after Miami Ink tonight!
Old 01-09-2007, 09:09 PM   #145  

S/C/G: 239/214.6/145

Height: 5' 5.5

Anne- It's funny when the kids excersice right beside you. My dd is 9 and still does it. She requested a Dance workout by Sabrina Bryan for Christmas. Now she wants me to do it with her and she'll do mine with me. She very very active. My son does like to tag along to. I'm glad the speech therapy went like you figured. I don't like suprises when it comes to my kids.

Brandy-wtg on the 4# loss. Hope you get the rest of your answers soon.

Courtnie- I hope you can get the puppy that's right for you and bf.

Rosario- What a great discount at the other place! That would be a pain to have people possibly showing up at all times thou. How do you like the place?

Dd has an uri and is back on breathing treatments and some new cough meds that makes her drowsy. I really need to get to the gym. I need to come up with a workout for the days I don't go to they gym that's fun.
hsmomx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 11:08 PM   #146  

Hi everyone! Just getting ready for bed, I'm beat and I have a headache as usual, sure wish I knew what was going on here with my head but it takes so long to get appointments and stuff here!
Tomorrow I am going to enjoy a "me" day. I'm going to the bank, pick up perscriptions and going shopping for a new bra, yes, I have been talking about a new bra for awhile now so tomorrow is the day! Yippee! LOL!I'll also be joining a friend for lunch and I promise to behave!
In case I don't get here till early evening, I'll say have a great day and don't cheat yourself! LOL!
Ciao!
Old 01-10-2007, 07:26 AM   #147  
used to be tofat

S/C/G: 189/128.5/130

Height: 5' 3 1/2"

Morning ladies, I'm feeling a bit off this morning. I think everything is just a tad to much at the moment. I know the next month or two are going to be roller coasters as far as emotions go, I also know I can get through it. Still doesn't make me feel "fine" knowing all this.

I walked again this morning. We have a light covering of snow and it was to slippery for me to feel safe running. (Dr. said any exercise is ok, so that is good news) I might throw in a workout tape to get some more hard core cardio in. It usually helps my depression a bit.

Wendy-I hope you enjoy your "me" day. It sounds wonderful. Behave yourself at lunch. (I know you will. You control your diet so much better than I do)

hsmom-I hope your dd feels better soon. What kind of workout do you do now at home? Do you have any equipment? I really enjoy my turbojam and turbokick dvds. (Turbokick is the gym version of turbojam-I got certified to teach the workout just so I could expand my home workouts.)

Courtnie-Hope things are progressing for the puppy. Keep us informed. By the way, Keiko's new web site design is great.

Anne-glad things were as expected at the speech appt. Don't you just hate scale suprises like that? My hubby about fell over when I bought a new, accurate scale. He pouted for 2 weeks!

Ro-Great job staying within your points! I hope things work out for the apartment situation. That is an awesome savings, but your safety level is also priceless. When my sister lived in a not so great neighborhood, she actually felt pretty safe because her neighbors kinda looked out for each other a bit more than in other areas. Good luck deciding what to do.
ArtsyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 11:39 AM   #148  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

S/C/G: 291.8/286.8/199

Height: 5'4 1/2

Mornin everyone. Sorry I haven't been around. The last week or so has been ****. TOM was here last weekend and it was the WORST I've ever had. I actually had to call off work two days in a row because I could NOT get out of bed! I hardly ever call off work. Then Monday morning, my mama informed me that we have lost our house and have to move. So, if you all don't see me around for a while, this is why. I feel sick. My mama is annoyingly (sp?) calm about all this. She says we're going to get the house back. Alabama has this thing called a year of redemption where you have a year to pay back what you owe and you can get your property back. But I'm like, what about the people that will be living here during that year? Do they just get kicked out? It doesn't make sense! Dammit!
JasonsLea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 01:27 PM   #149  
Fat-be-gone

shari - I'm sorry to hear that about your house. hopefully it'll all work out for you. you just gotta believe that it will. hang in there.

brandy - it is gonna be tough for you, but you gotta stay strong and know that everything will be ok. Come on, you have the big guy on your side.

wendy - have fun today!!

anne - don't you hate when u think ur a certain weight, but then find out you weigh even more?? that's why I hate going to the dr's, since supposedly there scale really accurate. I'm sticking with my weight watchers one from now on.

hsmomx2 - have u tried taebo?? I really liked doing that one at home. It's a good workout and it's not boring. I say invest in some dvd's that way you can get ur workout in if you can't go to the gym.

courtnie - i hope ur new dog works out. good luck!

well I only lost 1.8 pounds at wi. I'm pretty disappointed because I was bad this whole week. But today is the start of a new week and I am so determined to have a really good week (food and exercise wise). I want to get my 10% keychain already!!!! lol

have a good one.
Rosario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 02:02 PM   #150  
Starting Fresh

Height: 5'2"

snow day here today! yipee!!
sotypical is offline   Reply With Quote