Old 01-06-2007, 11:16 PM   #121  
Rides like a Girl!

S/C/G: 211/168/150

Height: 5'5

PS: I broke down and bought the cycleops 2 fluid trainer! Wish me luck as I mount my bike up there and try to focus on getting in shape!! First official "ride" is probably going to be April 29th!! Just the motivation I need to stay on track during Feb and March.
ladyinwhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 07:33 PM   #122  

S/C/G: 269/243/145

Hello all,
I haven't worked out yet this evening but I have been busy with other stuff, laundry, cleaning the kitchen, all the lovely stuff that goes with being a grown up. I have done wonderful on my calories. I even sneak a few goodies.

I am so exicited, I start class tomorrow!! I am also very very nervous. It seems like a million years since I was there last.

My workout this evening will be 30 minutes on the elliptical. Then I will do a toning workout. I think the dvd is about 20 minutes or so. By the time I am finished with all that and my shower I should be ready to watch reruns of grey's anatomy on lifetime.

Well ladies I am off to work on my bedroom. I will check back in tomorrow afternoon.
Jen
gingerjen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 08:30 AM   #123  
Rides like a Girl!

Default It's monday people!!

Good morning everyone - nothing worse than a dark, rainy monday morning to kick off the week. My butt is dragging this morning. Spent all day in the city yesterday and although we had a great time, we all woke up this morning with a collective groan. Hubby and princess off already and Iím alone here with my coffee resisting the urge to just crawl back under the covers for another couple of hours.

I ate a bit more than usual yesterday because I didnít want to be walking around starving and looking for the first junk snack being sold on the street. Still maintaining my 1 week on the wagon while my workouts are limited. Iím trying not to beat myself up too much about taking a few weeks off from the killer athlete routine I had all spring/summer/fall last year. Iíll be even Lance takes a day off now and then (maybe).

In other news, I just received my first assignment for my course.

Background about me: I am a p/t Instructor at a local University. I have been for years. I also develop and teach custom professional development courses to elem & HS teachers. Iím on winter break just now. I have recently, for the first time in ages, registered for a course. So now I am a student also.

Jen: Wish I was even half as excited as you are about starting a class!

Iíve received my reading material for the first week of the course and will need to spend some time on that soon.

Thatís my Monday - hope yours is more fun!

T
Old 01-08-2007, 02:06 PM   #124  

I survived my first day back in school!! I hadn't intended to use the rec center right away but come to find out one of my classes is in the rec center. The class is a required one and at first I totally freaked cause big ole fat me working out amongst cute college boys--yikes but hey I can do it, not to mention I get to use the weights, I love to lift weights and the instructor can help us choose our workouts if we want, so now I have so many choices, I actually wish it was 3 days a week but I guess I can use it on Fridays. I will be in swimsuit this summer, maybe not 2 piece shape but a nice once piece would be great at this point.

I got up at six thinking I was going to workout, but trying to get that in, get two kids dressed, fed, and whatnot, oh and then theres my shower and makeup all, just isn't enough time so I think I will start doing my workouts in the evening. I may even dust off one of my old taebo dvds.

I wish I could share some of my good mood and optimism. I am buzzing here and it is an all natural high, been so long since I have felt like this. I've got the whole bouncing off the walls thing going here.

ladyinwhite-so glad your pt is going well, I have seen pt work miracles on people, it is amazing what can be done. Sounds like you had fun in the city. I hope someday to go, the closest I have ever been was DC, and that was wonderful, I plan to take my children, although I will wait until they are a little older and can really enjoy it.

ohh-on the boobs subject, I have this fantasy of having them lifted and made a little more perky, weight gain and breastfeeding does horrible things to a woman's image.

Well ladies I am going to go put this energy to good use.
Later,
Jen
Old 01-09-2007, 12:04 PM   #125  
lose2win

OMG, I haven't been here in so long. It took me forever to get thru the posts. I had to work all weekend, including a 12 hour day yesterday. And I am still sick, I did go to the urgent care center last night, nothing warranted an antibiotic, although I wished that it had, but he gave me a cough syrup w/ a narcotic in it so I don't have to stay up till 3 coughing anymore. I'm putting the gym off until I feel better, I have to take it real easy or I fear I will never get weel. There is a girl at work that has the same thing as me (big surprise) and her doc instantly gave her 3 days off to get better. But I'm the salon manager so I pick up all slack and have been working even more w/ her off. I have 3 days off at the end of the week though and hopefully can make a full recovery and be back in the gym by Monday. I weighed in today and there was no change I maintained. I wasn't surprised cuz I haven't been hitting the gym like normal.. Well got to go, got a million things to do before work at 1. Promise I'll check back more frequently this week. Have a good one guys.

MJ
emjay71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 01:10 PM   #126  
Zandria

S/C/G: 203/203/130

Height: 5'4

Red face

Today I did a spinning class for the first time, man did that kick my butt! BUt I signed up for it again on Thursday. Did I mention that I have been working out consistently for the last month? Yay!! My friend is going to work out with me from now on three days a week! Makes things much easier!
collegebride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 04:33 PM   #127  

Just a quick note before I jump into the shower.
-emjay, sorry you are still sick, I know how horrible that makes you feel. Just try to get some rest, I know easier said than done. You can pick back up at the gym once you feel better.

collegebride-its great that you have a friend to work out with you! Makes it harder to skip a day. Congrats on working out for a month. I am still less than a week into getting my butt back into excersizing. I started out with my elliptical. Yesterday I brought out my taebo dvds. I was sore all over again, but I know which muscles don't get used when I use the elliptical. Taebo is a lot of fun and it is a wonderful workout. After only 30 mins I am totally worn out.

It seems like we have lost a few people, where has everyone gone? I hope everyone finds their way back.

I am still trying to decide what is going to be the best way to organize my day. I would like to work out first thing in the morning but I just don't know if I will have enough time to get everything done. The last two days I have worked out at about one thirtyish, that gives me time to have a small lunch and have it settle before I work out, but by the time I shower and pick up my daughter at school I feel like I have lost the whole afternoon. Maybe I will try to get to bed a little earlier tonight and get up at 5:30 tomorrow. I will let you know how it goes.
Hope to see more posts soon.
Jen
Old 01-09-2007, 06:58 PM   #128  
Zandria

Talking Is it still January?

Jennnnnnnn...
Yes it is awesome that I have been working out the last month! I am very proud of myself because it was REALLY hard for me to motivate myself to EVER go the last year. I would always think I was too busy..but turns out I can do it!

My suggestion is, work out in the morning! I have been working out in the morning lately, but I was working out in the evening before and I have found that when I work out in the morning it seems to wake me up and give me energy for the day. After I work out at night, I just want to put on my pjs and be lazy. Let me know what works!

PS...I think LBB is the only one I haven't heard from in awhile. Besides that..we've added "one or two"!
Old 01-09-2007, 07:03 PM   #129  
Rides like a Girl!

Hi everyone.

My trainer is here. YEA! Hoping hubby will get everything set up before he leaves tomorrow on business for a few days or else I'll be trying to figure it out on my own.

emjay: Sorry to hear that you aren't feeling well. I agree with you, you definately need to take it easy to let yourself get better. Nothing wrong with maintaining when you aren't feeling great. At least you aren't drowning your cold in hersey kisses.

collegebride: I took a spinning class once and was so proud of myself for just finishing!! Holy Cow! Probably one of the most intense workouts I've had. I can't find a place around me that allows for just taking the spinning w/out being a full blown member of the gym. I only go to the gym in my town that allows for a month to month membership. I won't do gym contracts ever again. (long story)

jen: I'm a morning workout person myself. If I am all dressed and into my day, I can't bring myself to stop, work out, shower, and get all dressed and into my day again. I work out in the morning or not at all (generally) except when I'm riding. I can usually get myself out on the bike no matter what time of day it is. Even still, in the summer it's SO hot that I actually drag myself out of bed by 6 to get a ride in before the heat kicks up in full force. I've never done taibo, but I have seen the commercials for it and it does look intense.

Today I watched a bit of the training video that came with my trainer and I think it's going to be very similar to a spinning workout right in my own basement. I'm pretty excited. Mostly I'm just psyched that I can begin working out w/out stressing the knee and actually start preparing for the tours I've committed to riding in the spring.

In other news, I just found out that the course I'm teaching monday is to the entire faculty at the high school. I teach a prof. dev. courses all the time but not to the whole faculty at once! I'm a little intimidated. They are coming in for a full day inservice (which isn't unusual) but I'm the entire show. Just me! The whole day!

It is going to either be great and I'll end up getting a lot more work from them or I'll bomb in front of everyone and never get asked back~!!
Old 01-09-2007, 10:35 PM   #130  

S/C/G: 190/190/140

Height: 5'6"

Hi all,
I am so sorry I've not checked in lately. Work and home crazy, I know not a good excuse. I've just spent the last 28 minutes reading everything I've missed. it sounds like all of you are exercising and that is fantastic. I haven't really done much. With all of you moving I will haveto join in too.

I weighed in again yesterday. I have lost 1.2 pounds. I am quite pleased with myself. I am really pushing for 5 pounds a month. I have placed my scale right behind my school desk, that way everytime I go to get a book for the next subject I see it. I really need that visual reminder that I am trying to watch what goes in my mouth.

There is a group of at school that are trying to lose weight. We have decided that each week we are going to put $5 in our own pot and then weigh in. The idea is that this way we are each creating a savings account for all of the new clothes we are goiing to need as the pounds melt off. It also will hopefully make us more accountable similar to WW.

I can hear homework is not getting done. Don't forget about me and I will try to post more frequently.
Tahoemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 02:14 PM   #131  

Good afternoon everyone,
Its only noon and I am ready for a nap.

-collegebride-I set my alarm for 5:30 with every good intention of getting up and working out. Well anyway I hit snooze for an hour. I was tired, I stayed up last night dragging myself through a very boring article for my social problems class. I layed there knowing I have all day to do the workout, and I will do it. That I'm not worried about, I like to exersize its just getting in the habit of making time. It is so easy to find an excuse not to do it.

Tahoemom-congrats on the weight loss I love that feeling when I step on the scale and see the numbers go down. The money idea is a very good idea. My motivation is hanging on my closet door. When I was in high school I had a pair of pants I loved, I litterally wore them out and it devestated me. Well not too long ago I found a similar pair of pants at a thrift shop for a buck. Of course I bought them. So now I have to get into them by next fall. I am sure I can do it, I even have the cutest purple tank top to go with them.

lady-good luck monday, sounds like you will have your hands full. I would love to have the center of attention for that long. I love to get up in front of people and talk. It's kinda a high for me, they have to listen to what I say, or at least pretend they are listening.

Well I will check back later ladies, have a good day.
Jen
Old 01-10-2007, 11:29 PM   #132  
aud
lc lifestyle

S/C/G: 254/234/139

Height: 5'6"

Hi Everybody . . . no time to catch up - just want to let you know I'm back online and been doing good - will catch up with you all as quick as I can. ttyal!
aud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 01:44 PM   #133  

Oh ladies, I'm trying not to have one of those days. This morning when I got out of the shower I really looked at myself (don't worry I was half dressed-just missing my shirt). I can't help but think how gross all that fat looks. I mean yeah I can see a small difference in my belly since I started. I know some is actually fat loss and toning my abs has helped pull the fat in so it don't stick out so far. I know it takes a long time to get it off but I can't help but wish there was a magic pill that I took at bed time then woke up looking like Angelina Jolie.
I have been working out, still can't force myself out of bed first thing in the morning and believe me I try. I think I will change it up a bit though, rather then doing my workout in the afternoon I will do it in the evening. I would like to do taebo again but I know I need to use my elliptical. I am kinda torn about it. I feel like I get a better workout with taebo and enjoy it more, but we spent way too much money on it to just let it sit. We will see.

Aud-great to see you made it back, everything is kinda hectic right now.

emjay-I really hope you are starting to feel better.

Well I spose I am going to go keep myself occupied while I wait to here from the preschool I am trying to get my 3 year old in.
Until later,
Jen
Old 01-11-2007, 09:53 PM   #134  
Zandria

Unhappy I know what you mean

I know what you mean Jen. Yesterday, I was at a store with my fiance and he wanted to buy me some clothes because he knows that I am broke right now and they were on sale. Well I just wish that I would not have felt so akward. I tried to talk him out of it, then I said that I could come back on my own...but he was set on me trying on clothes there. Well I did find a pair of pants that fit me and that I like...but I felt the same way you are speaking of. The thing that disgusts me is my legs. I think I have what you call cellulite. I often wonder what he thinks when he looks at my legs. I know that he loves me and he has always treated me like a gentlemen would...but I am tired of being fat too!!! I don't want to weigh the same as him!! I want to wear tight shirts and not worry about rolls showing!!! I want to be able to share clothes with my friends!! I want to wear a bathing suit and not be mortified to wear it without clothes on top.
Old 01-11-2007, 11:04 PM   #135  
lose2win

Well I'm back again. I'm starting to feel a lot better. Considering going to the gym tomorrow AM but not sure if it is the best idea. I think I will probably go and just do a half hour of cardio. It is so hard to get back into the swing of things. Hopefully next week at work isn't as hectic as this one was. I would love to fall into a schedule and be able to keep it...

Jen, I could never get up that early and work out I don't think. And you not being a morning person must really be hard. Hopefully you get into a groove that works for you. I would alternate taebo and elliptical every other time, you will probably like the results you get. That is why I don't buy my own elliptical, as much as I love them, if I let it sit my husband would have a fit. I'll just pay at the gym and use theirs.

Zandria, I'm like you, I hate to buy new clothes when I'm heavy. I will buy a few things I feel comfy in and wear the heck out of them. But remember there is plenty of time before summer to get lookin better. Keep up your gym routine and you will be there in no time. By the way, did you get the "you" book yet? I just finished a book and am looking for another read. p.s. I love spin class, wish my current gym had one.

T, How did you get into cycling? Sounds like you are quite a die hard. I always invest in nice bikes but never use them like I should. Is your trainer one of those things that you put your road bike on and use it stationary??? Well hope you love it.

Tahoe mom, You are a teacher too? That is a great idea w/ the money. Nothing will be better than spending that money on smaller clothes. Congrats on the weight loss, keep up the good work.

Aud, Hope all is well and you have time to post soon.

TTYAL, MJ
emjay71 is offline   Reply With Quote