Old 12-20-2006, 06:39 PM   #16  
Zandria

S/C/G: 203/203/130

Height: 5'4

P.S. Can anyone tell me how to start a thread? I haven't figured that out yet.
Thanks!
Zandria
collegebride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 08:23 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 269/243/145

Hello emjay, I was wondering if I would see you on here. Out of shame I was afraid to go looking for you but glad you found me. Nice to meet everyone else and thank you for the invite. It will take me awhile to get everyone straight.
For those of you who don't know me I am Jen. I am 25, been married for 6.5 years and have 2 wonderful little girls. I am going back to school in Jan. to finish my degree. I am a little nervous as I have been out for almost 5 years but I need this and I am sure I can do it.
My plan of attack is counting calories. I have tried other ways, can't go low carb, I love my chocolates and pastas and all the forbidden food. Counting has worked for me in the past I just need to stick to it. I believe nothing should be forbidden, just eaten in moderation. As far as exersizing I have an elliptical I will start using as soon as I finish unpacking my house, which is what I should be doing but am breaking for supper. I also have workout videos I will throw in for a change up. As a student I have access to the gym and pool at school. I won't be using them right away but once I become slightly more presentable I will use the pool. I love to swim and havent gone in so long due to my weight. Well i need to get back to work on unpacking my girls room. I will check back often.
Until next time,
Jen
gingerjen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 11:04 PM   #18  

I hope you all have room for one more.

I really need support buddies. I have failed at every diet I have tried. I want so much to lose weight and be healthy. But everyday I fail. I sat down with a nutritionist and we worked out me a 6 small meal diet plan based on the low glycemic index. Everyday is a struggle but I refused to give up this time. Look forward to getting to know everyone.
littlebumblebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 11:28 PM   #19  
lose2win

Hi girls,

Well had my husbands company Christmas party tonight and had one too many rum and diet cokes (I know full of carbs and empty calories) hopefully I feel well enough to go to the gym sometime tomorrow. I'm thinking about staying up all night cleaning and baking cookies for my cookie exchange Friday night, sleep half the day tomorrow and get up and go to the gym. Did I mention I have the next two days off from work???? I am so excited about that...

Zandria, I'm up for a good read. That book sounds good, maybe I will buy it this weekend (merry Christmas to me), I'll let you know if I do.

Aud, I can relate, I ate a bag of Fritos the other day that had four servings in it, I think it was 60 grams of fat or something. I could have shot myself and had a heck of a tummy ache too. That is what this support network is for, so we don't do that kind of crazy stuff too often any more. We can do this together, I'm sure of it... Let's just stick together, there is safety in numbers. Hey, good news Jen joined us, glad you were looking out for those poor girls in "introductions", she and I used to chat here alot.

Jen, So glad you are back, you were such an inspiration to me before. Let's meet here everyday for a few minutes, we'll get thru this together. Glad to hear you are still in school. Working too, huh? You moved again? I feel for you. Talk to you soon.

LBB, Welcome! We always have room for one more. You can share a little about your new diet, we would appreciate it....

MJ
emjay71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006, 06:33 AM   #20  
aud
lc lifestyle

S/C/G: 254/234/139

Height: 5'6"

Hi Ho Ho Ho New Buds! The ka-tet is now complete. (Has anyone read Stephen King's Dark Tower/Gunslinger series? Highly recommend to cbride and all if not!) Where was I? Oh yes, Ho Ho Ho . . . yet another Christmas Party(s) . . . I survived on a glob of meated cream cheese dip (is "meated" a word? ) and a lc yogurt tonight. I'm operating on 5 hours of sleep the last two shifts and must crash---but just had to check out Our Thread b4 going face down!

To start a Thread: OK . . . Techno-Cyber Aud to the rescue: When you quit reading this babbling incoherent Post of mine . . . go to top of this Page and click "Introductions" . . . when the page opens - look to the left of your screen and down just a bit and you'll see "New Thread"---click it and Post the title and your message. VOILA!

Can't even remember who asked . . . must recap our IronClad Guaranteed Supportive & Motivational Friends For Life HEALTHY LIFE GROUP. Does anyone mind? ok good - here goes . . . brb . . . . . ok here goes for real . . . please memorize these pertinent fact. THERE WILL BE A QUIZ!!!!!

emjay71: Michigan/35/M/Pug with a carseat/Founding Thread Starter Extraordinaire!!!!

Melody: 31/special ed teacher/M/son age 5/WW's

Aud: Turning 46/M/daughters age 20 & 9/Night Shifter/Union Official

carol: 57/health problems/meds/Intuitive Eating/Fave Book: Overfed Head by Rob Stevens

college bride: 22/engaged/Ohio/Kitty Ashley/Book Interest: YOU - On A Diet

littlebumblebee: needs support/failed diets/nutritionist/6 small low glycemic program

gingerjen: 25/M/2 little girls/return to school/just moved/calorie counting

Too tired to do the quiz . . . but not too tired to talk about ME. I'm getting a total handle on my binge triggers . . . I've ate great healthy food since two days b4 Txgiving and in an exhausted stressed out state I ate 8 pieces of delicioso pie. BIG DEAL! (I tell myself) and instead of it triggering a depression/binge-a-thon-this site and now your help---I'm OVER IT already and it feels GREAT! Tx All! I did hit a sugar wall cb - had an important meeting from 2-5am AND had to give a speech . . . I was semi-coherent!

Kind of like now . . . gotta go girls - Shout Out to LilBBee: WE WILL get healthy together!

Believe it.

Last edited by aud; 12-21-2006 at 06:40 AM.
aud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006, 11:12 AM   #21  

Good morning ladies, just checking in. I have had my oatmeal and now I am ready to attack the day.

Aud-thanks for the cheatsheet, that will be wonderful.

Emjay-I'm not working right now, I was going to but I will ge going to school full time and won't be able to work enough hours to even pay for daycare for the girls. I did move again, but that was because after my father died I picked up and moved down the street from my mother to help out any way I could. Two weeks ago I moved to Wayne to finish school, no I didn't start last fall like I planned but that was because I chose to be closer to mom.

I almost had a binge last night. My youngest was such a grandpa's girl, anyway she told me she missed papa steve so I pulled out the pictures for her. I just cried, then of course I wanted something to make me feel better. I managed to stay away from the chocolate, but I felt lost for few minutes, like what do I do now, if I can't console myself that way. Well I called my husband instead. I just put myself back to work and before long the need was gone. I was so proud.

collegebride-what are you majoring in? I am going into human services counseling. I was going to go into nursing but I have been working in a nursing home for better than four years and have gotten slightly burnt out. That and I am so tired of the people I take care of dying on me. It was always my favorite residents, but then dad's death was kinda the clencher, what kind of a nurse would I make if I couldn't see that he was very sick.

Well I must warn everyone, I love to write so some of my posts may get a little long, I will try to keep them short. Well I know I will be back on later this afternoon to check in. Until then,
Jen
Old 12-21-2006, 11:58 AM   #22  

had an important meeting from 2-5am AND had to give a speech . . . I was semi-coherent!
Who has meetings at that time of day?
Aud, That was a great summary of the posters.
Ginger, I grew up in Hebron, NE and my mom lived in NE all her life (except for a few years with my db in IA) until she moved near me. She died Aug. 18th while she was living in our home. She was 90.
carolr3639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006, 12:30 PM   #23  

emjay71 I am very thankful that there was room for me. Because I really need the support. And as you stated there is safety in numbers. About my diet. Let me start with I truly have tried every diet out there. I do well, than bam! I am back to binge eating.

I feel like this diet that was set up with the help of a nutritionist is my final hope. It is a combination of the low glycemic diet and calorie counting. Because for me I can over eat even the healthiest of foods. My goal is to also eat 6 small meals a day. With eating 6 meals a day that is suppose to help me from getting overly hungry and as a result binge eat. Getting started is hard for me this time around. But I am going to continue trying until I get it right.

AUD You are hilarious! I so admire your ability to accept that your eating was not perfect and you moved on to making it a better eating day. I struggle everyday with my binge eating. I binge, call myself names, hate myself and remain miserable for the rest of the day. Wake up the next morning with high hopes and the madness repeats itself. Reading how you take control, motivates me to take charge. We will all be successful,and reach our goals.

Gingerjen That was a smart move you made by calling your husband to chat instead of relying on food. I'm sad to say I use food for every reason or excuse. Happy, sad, miserable, success, failure. I turn to my old dependable friend "food" and hurting myelf. I have so many bad food habits that I am determine to break as a gift to myself.

Carolr3639 That is pretty early for a speech. And being semi-coherent is a lot better than what I would have been at that time of morning.

This morning I started off with some exercise. I have already had 2 cups of water. But I also have eaten too much sugar. I am disappointed in myself for eating so much sugar. I feel like I already blown another diet day. I wasn't even craving the junk. I reached for it out of habit. Any suggestions to help me with the sugar habit? Thanks.
Old 12-21-2006, 01:09 PM   #24  
lose2win

Aud, I agree w/ lbb you are hilarious. I didn't realize you had been eating really good since b4 thanksgiving, in that case who cares about the pie, it's gonna happen every now and then. Thanks for the synopsis (sp?) on the posters, it was helpful for everyone I think. You sound like you have enough energy for 2 people. I'm envious.

Jen, Was your fathers death pretty sudden? It breaks my heart because I can sense your deep sadness in your post. I hope that you can feel comforted soon, it is great that you realize food isn't the answer though. How is your mom doing?

LBB, This site is so motivating and good for holding us accountable that I think you may see a change in yourself. Personally, I get very addicted to this site and sometimes am on here when I may have normally been eating. I forgot if you said before but are you excercising?

Check back later.

MJ
emjay71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006, 02:38 PM   #25  
Zandria

Cool Yay! I like this group!!

Jen, I am majoring in Child and Family Community Services and graduating in May!!! Yay!!! So we actually have a lot in common!! I do love my major and I plan on going to grad school this summer or fall for school guidance counseling!! yay!!! Really, I am so proud of myself for doing so well in college and getting it done in 4 years! That is one thing that I can pride myself on if not my eating habits. Aud, thanks for telling me how to start a thread (YES I was the one who asked!). I don't know if I plan on starting a thread anytime soon though, you ladies, gals, girls, (whatever your pref.) are pretty entertaining, helpful, and easy to talk to.

So I will tell you all a stupid liittle story about yesterday. Well, my fiance and I are all about deals. My fiance comes from a big family, so we get everything huge or in bulk, including pb. So a few days ago he bought three boxes of cereal that are sugary and although good...not the kind of thing that I want to eat. Well yesterday, while we were at the store, I went ahead and grabbed
some special k with strawberries...yum! He was like "You're buying MORE cereal" and I said "Yes I wasn't consulted when you bought the other THREE" and he let it be and bought me the biggest box of special k...lol. So I prepackaged them this morning into little bags ..so that they are all seperated into one serving each. He tries to be helpful and all with my quest to be healthy, and his own..but he still loves his junk food I sware.

P.S. Thank you for the book suggestion. Within the next month I will head to the library and see if they have it! Stephen King is good I've been told!
Old 12-21-2006, 03:42 PM   #26  
aud
lc lifestyle

S/C/G: 254/234/139

Height: 5'6"

Yeah, I'm a riot. I'm also Smokey Robinson "The Tears of a Clown" . . . us fc's prolly ALL have some kind of coping mechanism in place . . . but Ole Auddie didn't get to my high of 247lb sprinting on a treadmill munching carrots lilbb! . . . I've got the EXACT same cycle you have lbb . . . so far being here @ 3fc's has helped me nip the sh!t in the bud for the FIRST TIME IN YEARS. In YEARS. Literally YEARS.

Just got here right b4 Txgiving and this place has already made such a diff . . . I pop in to the Forums on Binge Eating and Weight Loss and Depression now and then - have you lilbb? I ended up becoming active on the LC Forum--because that's my plan. Also am competitive so ended up @ "Chicks Up For A Challenge. Saw emjay's Post late one night and the rest is Glrious History. The main promise I've made myself here is to be BRUTALLY HONEST. Nothing to lose and everything to gain . . . wait - that doesn't sound right does it? LOL! How 'bout EVERYTHING to lose and no more to GAIN?

WTH is my point? I don't know anymore so better get off here.

Speech: Night Shift Union Rally . . . I got cheers and a few rounds of applause . . . whatever the heck I said in my carbo-coma!

PS: My dh is a "diet" saboteur cb . . . I fondly thought of him as a "Chubby Lover" - thru reading and Posting here have come to the conclusion that what he really is: Insecure. It was suggested to heap some loving on him . . . don't know if he's any more secure from that . . . Just know I've had a WILD time with him since Txgiving! ROTF! And no more cakes/cookies/brownies everywhere in the dayum house!

PPS: emjay - are you on a plan? Even tho' I'm on lc for now . . . my goal is to end up at the Whole Food Lifestyle Forum - which is the end of the Atkins Book (that I've never got to . . . Grrrrrrr.)

PPPS: Stephen King/ka-tet: The Dark Tower Series is nothing like what people think when they hear "King." It's fantastical but sooo kewl. "ka-tet" is when the circle is completed/fate.

PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPSSSSSSSSS: Never made it to the gym but deliberately walked my buttockus's off---18,000 steps! w00t!

Last edited by aud; 12-21-2006 at 03:51 PM.
aud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006, 04:02 PM   #27  
Zandria

Sweet!
Old 12-21-2006, 04:47 PM   #28  

Hello all,
I am back again, I'm never gonna get my unpacking done if I don't stay away from here, but on the brite side my fingers are getting in shape, now if the rest of my body would follow suit.

Emjay-yes my fathers death was very sudden, her one day gone the next. Mom talked to him on the phone while he was at lunch and he sounded fine. Less than an hour later he was gone due to a massive heart attack. Mom is coping the best she can.

Carol-if you don't mind me asking where are you living now. I was born in Neb, but dad was construction so moved all over for years, but have been back since 96. Sorry to hear about your mom, I have a pretty good idea of what you are going through.

Aud-I love your posts, they are so funny.

You just have to love men, although my husband cant sabatouge me much, he is a trucker and only home on the weekends. He has agreed to buy me cds for every 15 pounds I lose. Yay I love music. He can be a stinker sometimes though. He knows I want to try to get pregnant next fallish and told me not until I give up my diet dr. pepper, I totally understand, it is so unhealthy for me and a baby but I am so addicted. So far today I have had one can, usually at least 4 by now, go me. I am replacing with tea, not as good as water but way better than the soda.

Well ladies I would love to sit and write more, but I have so much work to get done and the hubby will be home in an hour or so.

Oh before I go, my exersize for the day-the elliptical while I watch CSI-I love that show, but we have to flip back and forth and check out grey's anatomy, i would like to beat the fool that put them in the same time slots.
Okay really I am going now.
Jen
Old 12-21-2006, 11:06 PM   #29  

emjay71 Yes I am exercising as best I can. It is hard but I push myself. I try to do at least one thing positive each day towards losing weight. Even if I don't eat right I want to know I did try. I have the "Walk Away the Pounds" workout and it is a workout for me. I agree with you this site is motivating. It helps a lot to know I am not alone on this weight loss journey.You girls are the best.

collegebride Prepackaging foods into smaller bags is a great habit to stick with long term. Before, when I was really motivated with my weight loss plan, I did that too. I hope to get back to being that motivated again.

AUD I have also posted on the "Binge Eating" board. For a while I was getting my binge eating under control and I made it to 6 days of being binge free. Than bam! I was back to the mad cycle of binge eating, depression, hating myself, starting all over, giving up, etc.
I had loss 40 pounds with weight watchers and it toke me a little over 4 months to lose that 40 pounds. But it toke me less than 3 weeks to gain it all back. To say I am angry with "me" for doing that would be an understatement. And when I tried to go back to weight watchers things didn't click for me any more. That is when I turned to the nutritionist for help. We can beat this and we will beat it!

gingerjen I think my dh is an unintentional saboteur. In the past when I would tell him I was on a diet he would bring home the most delicious looking treats. To nip that temptation in the bud I stopped telling him about my diets.

Wish me luck that tomorrow morning I wake up and stay in a positive frame of mind.

And I accomplish

1. Exercise
2. Have my protein drink for breakfast
3. Stick to my diet plan all day
4. Get in at least 8 cups of water

That will be a wonderful day for me.
Old 12-21-2006, 11:08 PM   #30  
Zandria

I would have to agree about the CSI/Grey's Anatomy conflict...it sucks! But I see CSI reruns all the time, so I just catch it then