Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

Closed Thread

Old 12-15-2006, 09:57 AM   #46  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Just a quickie,

Bob, no rain here, it has been in the high 50's and low 60's for a week.

No time for replies, I am trying to make this a half day, so got to get busy.

Everyone have a great weekend.
Old 12-15-2006, 01:24 PM   #47  
BIG ORANGE FOOTBALL RULES

AFTERNOON EVERY BUUDY!!

I'm home this afternoon. My Brother and Evelyn are here for the weekend. Her ring is absolutely beautiful! They're getting married on Feb 10th and want us to come up. The wedding will be at Evelyn's house. All will depend on weather...FEB is kinda bad in our neck of the woods...

TALITHA...I FINALLY GOT THEM ALL!!! It took a while, but I did it. Try again. It's kinda fun to think back all those years to what your were taught in geography! How are you feeling?

JACK...Hope you made the HALF DAY!! Have a good weekend!
Oh...what did you decide about your floors??? Did you ever get my email with KATE'S message to you? I know it was probably too late...

MONET...WHAT'S COOKING TOOTS???

TONI...how did your blood work go?

I'm off to get into something...I'll be back later!

BOB
Old 12-15-2006, 01:45 PM   #48  

What a week! We have had so many sick kids! all of the schools in our county have been running about 10-15% absent rate! I have been wiping down everything with clorox wipes and lysol all day. One of the counties in North Ga. is closed today due to flu and strep and I think maybe a couple in Tenn. too. We still have one more week before we get out for Christmas, I hope we can make it that long!

We do not have too much scheduled for this weekend. Tonight we are going to MIL house to help with one of her trees. Tomorrow I am doind some baking and then in the evening we are going to Bil and SIL house just to hang out. Sunday should be a slow day also. Hope everyone has a great weekend!

BOB_See last week's thread page 3 for pics!
Old 12-15-2006, 04:02 PM   #49  

Good afternoon everyone! I went over to the church and did the decorations for tonight. I was sooo mad though! Somehow, I did not have the gold colored forks for the tables, so I had to run up to Partycity and get a package and will have to go to the church early to put them out. Grrr.

My sister in law who lives in Orlando (right near Gator, I think) sent us a box of citrus fruit for Christmas. Yum! I just ate one of the oranges. It was very fresh, and juicy. Just hard to peel!

I ran a few errands, and now I just have to get stuff that James asked me to pick up.

While we were at the church (Laura came along and helped me) we put Kaeleb in a Jumperoo, which is like the jumper I got him for Christmas. He LOVED it. I can't wait to get his out of the box and put together! I wonder if Tom will let me do it before Christmas. Usually he is a real stickler about waiting until Christmas morning! I would have had the kids talking me into letting them open all their presents early if it were not for him!

I need to go check the biscotti in the oven. I am experimenting with whole grain, legal biscotti recipes. I tried one with agave, but the agave made it too moist and it would not get crunchy. I am trying one with whole wheat flour and half the sugar the recipe called for. There was not much to start out with, so it might work out to be ok...will keep you posted.

Old 12-15-2006, 05:02 PM   #50  

Monet- The band sold Indian River fruit and we had the same problem with peeling! I wonder if it has to do with Fla. weather this year?
Old 12-15-2006, 07:13 PM   #51  

Just a quickie. Got my blood work today. And one of my meds filled. Thank goodness its the one for RLS so I can get some sleep. Had lunch out and it wasn't very good. Now I'm pooped. Have a great week end everyone.
Old 12-15-2006, 08:55 PM   #52  
Bustin' Buddy

Hey gals

Went today for bloodwork and everything is right on target! I'll be back in the morning for a longer post - I'm hitting the sack!

Love you all!
Missy
Old 12-15-2006, 10:41 PM   #53  

I just got in from the church leadership Christmas party. The food was from a Persian restaurant. It was really good, and I tried to stick with the non starch stuff, though I did eat a piece of two of the flat bread. I passed on the baklava for dessert, but had a tiny taste of Tom's. It was not very good, so I did not miss much! I took my Byetta before I ate, and so I now feel nauseated. Wah! My blood sugar is good though.

I guess I will go try and sleep, since I am yawning enough! Night!
Old 12-16-2006, 09:18 AM   #54  

Good Morning all, sorry I've been MIA for a few days. Been really busy. Eating not as good as before. Got on the scale at clinic Tuesday night & got TOTALLY depressed at what it said.
Wed. went on a mother/daughter shopping day.
Thurs had company & worked on a VCD project for SIL who lost her DH a few months ago.
Yesterday had to shop for the Food Pantry Ministry & get stuff organized at the church for Tuesday. We serve them a Christmas Dinner each year so we had to get all our supplies.
Last night I baby-sat my 7 y.o. GS who is a parrot & does not SHUT UP! so I've been up since 7am with him.
Today I need to wash clothes & wrap gifts. Not a single gift under the tree yet. I haven't even done cards yet to mail.

Fruit what a wonderful Christmas surprise! God is still in the miracle making business so hang tight!
Old 12-16-2006, 10:08 AM   #55  

MORNING EVERY BUDDY!!!!

It's foggy here this morning so it looks like a really cold winter day out there.

My office Christmas party is tonight, but I'm not sure if I'm going to go or not. Just not in the party mood this morning so I'll see how I feel a little later.

THIN...I saw those pictures...I WANT MORE!!!!

MONET...Sounds like it's going to be a fun time at Church...

TONI...Hope everything has good results from your tests

MELF...I'm sending NEW YEAR cards...I figure it's too late for CHRISTMAS cards...

I'm off to get some things done. I'll check in later..

BOB
Old 12-16-2006, 01:12 PM   #56  

Hey everyone! Now DON'T faint, but we actually brought the Christmas tree in! Tom just finished vacuuming around it, and sucking up all the wolf spiders that were moving onto it and making it 'home'. I wrapped two presents and put them under it, even though it is not decorated at all yet! Progress! Whoa it feels good!

My older daughter keeps calling me and asking me what I want for Christmas. I feel kind of badly about it, but I can't think of ANYTHING! There are a few things I would like...such as a new digital camera, but nothing she could afford to buy for me. I will probably get money, which I can use for clay and glazes. I just can't think of any books, jewelry, clothing, or gadgets I want or need. Sad huh?

I better go start decorating the tree, before Tom finds me at the computer!
Old 12-16-2006, 10:56 PM   #57  

Well I did manage to get a few gifts wrapped but only washed 1 load of clothes before the well went out. We keep losing prime for some reason. Noticed it about 10:30 am, Dh finally came home about 4 & got it primed then about 9:30 he went to turn the water on & guess what, no water again! Called the well man first thing this am when it went out & he has yet to call me back. The pump is still under warranty but I'm fixing to find someone else to work on it cause it doesn't seem like this guy is interested in fixing the problem. I've complained about it several times & he still hasn't found the problem. This is soooooooo agravating. GRRRRRRRRRRRRR
Old 12-17-2006, 09:33 AM   #58  

MORNING EVERY BUDDY!!

OH...MY...GAWD!!! Here it is the week before Christmas, and I haven't a thing for my Brother!!! I'm about three weeks behind (in my mind) and I thought I still had time!!!! Now they were just here and I should have been ready and he could have taken his gift back with him...but no...I've been poking around....Well, I'll just have to call Evelyn and have her pick up something and then send her a check...that's better anyway...that way, I don't have to pay shipping!!!

I'm getting a cold...the congestion is building and I've got to start taking my AIRBORNE...I swear, the sinus tract up the right side of my nose is bone dry and it's the worst feeling!!! Feels like I have to sneeze all the time...

I've got to go out today and buy my SECRET SANTA gifts for work. That will be fun. I know just where I'm going to get everything except for the last days gift. So one stop does it all!!!

BOB
Old 12-17-2006, 07:16 PM   #59  

Height: 5' 7"

Default Howdy

((Everbody)) A lot has happened since I was last on the board. I've really missed ya'll and hope that I stay put this time. I totally went off plan after my wreck. It started before the wreck but got worse afterwards. I've gained about 20 pounds in the last year and a half....errrr but today was the first day of getting my mind and body back where they belong. So along with good eating habits I felt it was important to find the best support system I could think of, and that was you guys. Ican't wait to catch up with everyone.

Love and hugs,
Crystle
Old 12-17-2006, 09:45 PM   #60  

COUNTRY?!?!?! Nail her shoes to the floor in here, someone, quick! Its SO good to see you back! Stay! We MISS you when you are gone!
Closed Thread