Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

Closed Thread

Old 12-31-2006, 09:10 PM   #166  
Bustin' Buddy

Happy New Year's Eve!

I am so sorry that I haven't been posting to everyone - those of you that know me know that I enjoy that personal touch! I just haven't even really been on the computer at all! I have enjoyed the posts that I've skimmed though...you all make me laugh so much!! All of the pictures are precious!!

We are having a quiet night in tonight. Terry is actually feeling under the weather and I haven't been feeling good enough to host any kind of gathering. For the past 7 or so years we have been having a few people over and we cook and shoot fireworks. Not tonight! A few years ago the kids across the street - who are all of about 12, 8 and 5 yelled at us and told us that our fireworks SUCKED! Can you believe that? So, ever since then....it's been on! It's been an all out war between the 30 year olds and the babies! They are probably wondering where we are tonight - I guess they figured we are too old to hang this year!! HAHA!
I just have to be sure to give a big shout out to....... ROSALIE! Welcome back my friend!!! It's so good to see you! I look forward to catching up on all of the scoop!!!

MELF: I haven't heard from Shirley in a while either - I hope she's ok. I'll try to send her an e-mail and see what's up!

COLE: Welcome! I look forward to getting to know you! We are staying home tonight too. I'm actually happy about that! We have an 18 month old foster child that we are in the process of adopting (we got her when she was 3 months old) and now I'm pregnant - go figure!! So, needless to say I don't need to be rooting the streets! The past few years we have had people over here and we cooked and did the firework thing. This year - I'm passing on that! I'm going to bed early - if Alexis allows it! HA!

MONET: I LOVE 50 first dates!! That's one of my favorites. I was leary at first because Adam Sandler can be kind of stupid but I thought that movie was great! Those pics of Kaeleb are precious!

BOB: Are you gonna be rooting for the Tigers this week? I sure hope it's not bad luck to take down the tree before NY - mine is packed up and stored away! I couldn't put it off any longer!

TONI: I've been craving OJ too!!! Actually I went to Sam's last weekend and bought 24 12 oz bottles! I had gotten pretty addicted to Coke so once I found out I was pregnant I had to cut the caffine. Then I started craving the OJ so it was a good swap!

TECH: Funny you should mention How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days - I was just thinking of that one myself! I love Matthew - he's my boyfriend - he just doesn't know it. I watched A Time to Kill last night - he's so HHHOOOOTTT!!

Thin: I love games!! I was just telling my niece today that they need to come over so we can play! Have you ever played the card game Phase 10? It's one of my faves. Actually my niece gave me 2 more card games this Christmas but I haven't played them yet. Terry doesn't like playing games so unless they come over - I have no one to play with! Sometimes I'll run over to my dad's and play games with my step mom and her friends - that's always fun. I'm pretty much a game fruit! I have taboo too! The bad thing is that my nieces are getting older - ones at LSU and one is a Senior in HS and they have big social schedules so they don't have time for Nanny any more! That makes me so sad - they are like my own children! But, I totally understand! One day I'm going to get them here and we are going to have a game fest.

Well, let me run! I'm going to attach a pic of Lexie that we put on our Christmas card! I'll post more from Christmas morning when I load them on to the computer. See you tomorrow - hopefully!!

Missy

Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC00704.jpg (29.4 KB, 18 views)
Old 12-31-2006, 11:38 PM   #167  

FRUIT: Aw, that is adorable! Give her a big hug from Auntie Monet.

TECH: Hmm, I know there were dance clubs like that in the 80's, and folks went to them. I unfortunately have never been the club type. A quiet bar was more my speed. And Tom has two left feet, and will not dance unless it is a slow dance that he can just kind of sway to while wrapping his arms around me. The dance segments in Rayman are cute, but I totally suck at them. I had to pass the controllers to Justin to do it for me! I can't figure out what I do right, OR wrong! When I get points, or lose them it is an equal mystery to me. I am no more understanding after playing up six or seven levels than I was at the very first one!
Closed Thread