3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Sugar Shakers (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/sugar-shakers-62/)
-   -   Sugar Busters Weekly Support Board 10/1-10/7 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/sugar-shakers/9861-sugar-busters-weekly-support-board-10-1-10-7-a.html)

Debelli 10-01-2001 06:16 AM

Sugar Busters Weekly Support Board 10/1-10/7

This is the SUGAR BUSTERS WEEKLY SUPPORT BOARD where all of you who are following this WOE, or are thinking about doing so, are welcome to come join in and be a part of our wonderful group.

Other than finding support and friendship on this board, we also try to do something during the the week to add a little difference to our board.

MONDAY-MOTIVIATIONAL MONDAY
TUESDAY-TUESDAYS TIP & CHAT AT 9:15PM EST
WEDNESDAY-WEIGH-IN WEDNESDAY
THURSDAY-THURSDAY RECIPE DAY
FRIDAY-FRIDAY FIT FACTS

Please visit our LATEST BIO BOARD where you can learn more about everyone who is on this board:

http://64.119.161.199/forum/showthre...?threadid=3773

Please make sure you post your BIO on the LATEST VERSION of our BIO BOARD everyone!!!!

Our OCTOBER 2001 RECIPE BOARD can be located at the link below:

http://64.119.161.199/forum/showthre...?threadid=9786

We have SEVEN INFORMATIVE BOARDS!!!! Please take a few minutes to visit them! New information is continually being posted, so please make sure you visit them often-make sure to visit our newest board, MY FAVORITE SB LEGAL FOODS at the link below:

THE RECOMMENDED READING BOARD:

http://64.119.161.199/forum/showthre...?threadid=2342

THE TOOLS & TIPS BOARD:

http://64.119.161.199/forum/showthre...?threadid=2344

THE FOOD INFORMATION BOARD:

http://64.119.161.199/forum/showthre...?threadid=2365

MOTIVATIONAL & INSPIRING THOUGHTS BOARD

http://64.119.161.199/forum/showthre...?threadid=2359

and our newest board MY FAVORITE SB LEGAL FOODS

http://64.119.161.199/forum/showthre...?threadid=5005

We also now have a SB WEEKLY EXERCISE BOARD that you can log your daily/weekly exercises on:

http://64.119.161.199/forum/showthre...?threadid=9785

WANT TO POST YOUR WEEKLY WEIGH IN INFO?? Go to the WEEKLY WEIGH IN BOARD below to post your stats!

http://64.119.161.199/forum/showthre...?threadid=9784

VISIT OUR NEW SUGAR BUSTERS 2001 PICTURE GALLERY at the link below. You can upload pictures or post links to pictures on this board:)

http://64.119.161.199/forum/showthre...?threadid=7954

NEWBIES! (aka new members) If you would like to REPLY to any of our threads, please hit NEW REPLY not NEW THREAD, then type your message in and hit SUBMIT REPLY. If you need to edit your reply, just click on edit located in the body of your post and make changes as you need to, then hit SUBMIT NOW.

WELCOME! :D

Debelli 10-01-2001 06:26 AM

GOOD MONDAY MORNING EVERYONE!

Will post my usual morning post sometime later, but wanted to make sure I got our MOTIVATIONAL MONDAY done early in the morning, so here's my contribution for MM:

http://members.aol.com/debelli/monda...ng_thought.jpg

size=4] CONFIDENT OF SUCCESS[/size]

No one is ever assured of success. Every undertaking carries with it some risk. Yet even though there is no assurance of success, some people are confident enough to get started. Some of those are confident enough to keep going in the face of obstacles and disappointments. And some of those are confident enough to persist until the success is actually achieved.

Where does confidence come from? It comes from experience. Being confident comes as a result of acting confident.

What would you do today if you were confident of success? Do it. What first step would you take? Take it. How would you sit, how would you walk, how would you greet other people, how would you act if you were confident of success? Act that way and the confidence will come.

Yes, confidence takes a little blind faith at first. Soon enough, however, that confidence becomes real, supported and confirmed by actual experience. Act confident and you'll begin to be confident. Be confident and you'll have what it takes to bring your goals into reality.

-- Ralph Marston

Have a wonderful day and a fabulous week!

Debbie
194/12? /129
SB since 3/22/00
Reached goal 6/10/01

Debelli 10-01-2001 06:29 AM

BIRTHDAYS!

Here are our OCTOBER BIRTHDAYS to acknowledge for the month of October:)

RHROO - 10/3
SEF - 10/10
SOLSHINE - 10/30

Debelli 10-01-2001 09:40 AM

Morning Again!:wave:

It's a beautiful day here in SOFLA, a litter less hot, but nothing I'd describe as being cool. Since I don't have to take Michael to school, I was able to get going for my walk/jog this morning before 7am-no great times, did the 4.5 miles in 51:14:) Now, it's my time to yell at Lauren to wake up and for me to cool down and get a post done.

The scale is still down today. One thing I noticed is for the last few nights I've been getting up 3 times a nite to visit the potty, not getting much sleep, but the results on the scale have been worth it. Last night, I woke up twice, but didn't go to the bathroom, was able to wait til this morning-thought I'd surely be up on the scale, but I am holding my own once again at 121! What a wonderful feeling to see that number again on the scale this morning. I know in the next few days it will go up though, but hopefully, it will stay below the 125 this time.

Here we are, into a new month and what's typically getting to be the beginning of the holidays with Halloween at the end of the month. We ALL know what Halloween is synonymous with - CANDY!:eek: It seems that from what I remember last year on the board, many people had trouble when it came to resisting the candy bowl and I'd like your ideas on how YOU plan to handle this at the end of the month. Let's tackle this first holiday, then we'll focus on Thanksgiving next month.

ROSALIE, sounds like you had a nice day Sunday, until the bike incident. How are you feeling today? Sorry to hear that happened. I'm sure DG was upset about what happened as well-poor kid, poor Grandma! Like you said, thank goodness you didn't break anything! Hmmm, not that I know how to cook as you are well aware, but maybe the pastry flour is too fine? Well, I hope the loaf you did make came out yummy. I'm thrilled for you that the scale is at least staying in the 195 spot, soon, it will be going down again-really, you don't have a clue how thrilled I am for you, I know how you struggle to lose a pound! I guess we are happy dancing for each other;) I don't know if the milk issue is the reason I've lost this past week or not. I am going to try to stay off of it until the end of this week, when TOM is due, just to see what happens with that and how the scale reacts to that, but I really have no intention to give up dairy-I like my shakes and I love cheese, maybe I was just overduing it-ALL MY LIFE! It just may be a fluke that I dropped on the scale and didn't have dairy, maybe one thing has nothing to do with another-who knows. I guess when I finally have some milk/cheese, we'll find out. Keep me informed how you are doing with your cutting back on the cheeses. Ummm, no SPOTTED DICK for Thanksgiving??? LOL!!! How are you liking the agave??? How did your cookies come out??? Inquiring mouths, I mean, minds, want to know!

BOB, why not try to omit one thing at a time, if you do them all at once you may not know that you can handle dairy, but not wheat. Glad you had a good game this weekend, I hate to see a grown woman cry!

MEL, you are a trip! I'm sure those 2lbs you found aren't pounds at all, but a mysterious phenomenon named after that old popular song called "drive me crazy". Unexplained weight comes and goes with no explanation-trust me, as easy as this phenomenon appears, it disappears. I'm surprised FRESH FIELDS doesn't carry the agave nectar-you should ask them if they can get it, I know some stores will special order things if their suppliers carry it. I've shopped at FF when I was at my cousins house in MD-nice store. DRAGONLADY has one near her, I can't remember if she said they carry it, you should ask her, if they do in MD, then they should be able to get it for you. Fresh figs are fine, it's the dried we aren't suppose to eat. They have a GI of 35, considered low glycemic, so enjoy!

GATOR, another month without stepping on the scale? How are you doing with upping your calories?

ZANNE, don't apologize for not being able to respond to everyone all the time. We all know how busy life gets, and for many people, just getting on the board is a feat in itself, much less trying to reply to everyone. No matter how short/long a post is, just the fact that you are checking in and staying active on the board is what's important:) Is the Canadian version of Thanksgiving about the same as the US when it comes to food? We have some great SB LEGAL recipes on last years November Recipe Board. Whenever I go to family's houses for dinner, I never hesitate to ask what's being served and how it's prepared, then I know if I need to take something for myself, or not. I have to do the same with my son Michael, since he's a strict vegetarian:rolleyes: As everyone is so different, I would say you could easily have great results from day one-keep focused and you'll continue to see new results all over yourself, on the scale, in your clothes, on how you feel, etc...Sorry, can't help you out on that recipe, you'll have to ask CATLOVER, but I do have another oatmealrecipe on the board, it too seems a little runny, but they crisp right up once they cool off-they are delicious!

LIZ, you aren't being nosey at all about that pic from 1984. Actually, you bring up a point that I've pondered for a long time-that we should have a board called MY STORY. But, to put it in nutshell, I've been fat all my life, after I got married in 1981 I, as my Mother said, ballooned over night until I found myself 284lbs in 1984. That picture was taken right before I had my stomach stapled, about a month or two before. Of course, I lost well over a hundred pounds, then gained all but 40 back. THEN when my sister was going to get married, she asked me to be in the wedding, and that's when I started Richard Simmons Deal-A-Meal (or as we called it, Steal-A-Meal), which was about 7-8 years ago, I think. I did very well on that, got down to 129, but that was when everything was fine and dandy, it's when things started happening with our business and other aspects in my life did I start seeing the scale rise. I did go to WW, not much good it did though, I lost 17lbs and that was it. Went off, gained those 17lbs back, plus quite a few more. I always knew I ate emotionally, but never could get a handle on it. With each lb I went up, I swore I wouldn't go up any more-5lbs, became 10, 10 became 20 and, well you know the rest of the story on that. Before I turned around, I found myself back to 194. I can't explain, but that little light finally popped on in my head, and I KNEW I had to get a grip on myself as I found myself near 200lbs again-I knew I was ready to do something. Went to the library and got my hands on every book that I could read that sounded new, sensible or popular. I read them all, and finally decided to start SB, as it seemed not only the most sensible, I hadn't tried it before (I have a awful track record for trying a diet in the past and trying it again and it not working), but most of all, it sounded like something that I could do easily and without feeling deprived. Something I'd be able to follow the rest of my life. So with that, I started on a Wednesday and I've been following it ever since. That's about it, my story in a nutshell. Don't hesitate to ask me any questions, ever-I'm always happy to answer, best I can.

BUSDEB, congrats that you all won your game and a bigger congrats for not giving in to the temptations at the consession stand! Just think of all that stuff as garbage with magets, that will keep you from even thinking about eating that stuff! You'll get to where I am, just stay focused. The graphics you see are from all over the web. You just need to find a free graphics pages and you right mouse click on the picture you want to save, hit SAVE AS, and then that's it. When you post, you hit the BROWSE BUTTON, find that pic in your files, double click on that, and viola, it should show up in your post. Just keep in mind, it has to be in gif or jpg format and smaller than 40K. Here's on the sites you can find some pics: http://www.freegraphics.com/04_Animated_Graphics/

FRUIT, glad to see your post!!! Keep them coming as best you can.

JRED, glad to see the pic worked for you! Yell for help anytime!!!

SEF, never, we'd never laugh, maybe a snicker, but not a full blown laugh! When that happens to me, I just go back a page, I never lose my posts when I do that, the little arrow at the top to go back. But when I write my posts, I do them as if I was writing an e-mail. The only time I lose those are when my computer locks on me and I have to shut it down, but usually I try to remember to push SEND LATER so it goes in my filing cabinet, so if I do lose the post, I've only lost what I didn't already save - did you follow that mumbo-jumbo? I won't be giving up the cow, I love cheese too much, and my shakes. I don't know if one has anything to do with the other, but I'm going to wait a few more days and then see what happens.

Well gals, that's enough for now. Have to go watch CROSSING OVER then run a bunch of Monday errands.

Please don't forget TOMORROW NIGHT IS CHAT AT 9:15PM EST Hope to see you all there!

I'll check in with you all sometime later today.

Have a great week!

Debbie
194/121/129
SB since 3/22/00
Reached goal 6/10/01

Mel 10-01-2001 10:56 AM

testing

testing...testing...

Hey! It worked!!!:D
Thanks, Deb.

Actually, I didn't run this morning- good workout, but met a neighbor I haven't seen for a while when I stepped outside so we walked and talked instead. Hopefully the flapping jaw burn't some calories. It's a really gray, almost rainy day here and it's real hard to get motivated. My boss called and told me she was sick and not to go in to work this am, so I have a morning off. Feels weird.

;)

The scale is still playing "pound up, pound down" games- gearing up for TOM I'm afraid. Maybe I'll see a drop after that, but at my age is getting so weird I never know what to expect!

Speaking of age- didn't you leave someone out of the birthday list, Deb??

Was last week a fluke or does the board get that busy as soon as the weather gets cooler? 5 pages! I can't keep up and reply personally, but it's great to see everybody all revved up.

Mel

lizery 10-01-2001 11:24 AM

:)

Well good morning everyone!!! We are having glorious cool weather here in NW Florida. So nice! I walked yesterday for 2 miles. I could have went longer but it was getting dark and my little girl wanted to swing !

I am going to write up my story and post it if you all want :) Would love to hear everyone elses stories.

Liz
263/246.5/180

Debelli 10-01-2001 11:38 AM

QUICK QUESTION

How do you all feel about making a board titled MY STORY or something a bit more catchy? We could put our stories (in my case, much a horror story) about our weight struggles.

Any ideas? Throw them at me!

Gotta run

Deb

lizery 10-01-2001 11:44 AM

I think that sounds wonderful Deb. I just wrote my story up so I am game whenever you make it!

Liz

Fillise 10-01-2001 12:09 PM

Good Monday Morning!

Hello--I know I was AWOL over the weekend--but the yard sale just wiped me out! I spent all day FRiday getting set up--then didn't sleep very well Friday night afraid I wouldn't hear the 5 AM alarm. The sale went very well--it was a gorgeous cool morning and the crowds were good and steady all day. I sold the vast majority of stuff that I put out. My closet is so empty now! We ended at 12:00 but as I was toting up the money a car load of large size women arrived about 12:30--they didn't want to go through all the stuff I had so neatly packed up--but I told them they could have the entire basket of sweaters and slacks for thirty bucks--they took it! I was going to send it to the Salvation Army anyway and they promised that whatever they couldn't use they would see that someone got it. It's amazing what people will buy. My YS partner put out empty wine bottles--I thought it was stupid--but she sold all but one of them!!!!! Any way I made a nice chunk of money so it was a good day.

I also came home with a kitten. She's black and tiny--at 12 weeks she was the runt of the litter--but is as sweet as she can be. As soon as I brough her home she ran under the sofa and stayed there for the first 24 hours. Yesterday I took an afternoon nap on the sofa and when I woke up she was curled up next to me. She's still suffering some separation anxiety from her litter, but is becoming braver each day about exploring her environment. It was be nice to have a companion in the house! Oh yes--she was born on the fouth of July so her name is Miss Belle--after the Liberty Bell!

BOB and Gator--WAR EAGLE! The game wasn't on TV here so I had to content myself with watching Bama getting beat by SC! I'm not even going to talk about the State-UNC game. Of course you'd think Auburn lost from the way the coaches are grumbling. Apparently it was a very sloppy game! Nest week Mississippi State--those D**m cowbells always give us fits.

I went back and read all the post from the weekend--my it was a busy week! It seems we had a lot of losers last week.

Deb--congrats on your new low!

I can't respond to everyone personally, but hope everyone has a good week!

Susan
300/237/150
July 10, 2000

Fillise 10-01-2001 12:11 PM

My story

Deb--I like the my story idea!

Susan

Melf 10-01-2001 12:13 PM

Good Morning all!!

Sorry I have been MIA for so long, but it was necessary. First let me say that BIL is OFF the heart pump & the respirator . We are so happy that he has come so far. He is still CRITICAL, but alive & gaining.

Next I'd like to welcome ALL you NEWBIES . I SCANNED THE LAST BOARD VERY BRIEFLY & SAW LOTS OF NEW NAMES. tHIS IS WONDERFUL! Looking forward to getting to know all of you.

Now, about reaching goal. I did manage to stay at my goal weight several days, but yesterday was a diaster. I ate verything in site. Friday night we did Chinese food, then yesterday at work someone brought in chocholate cookies, fig tarts, & fudge brownies & my will power went out the door! By the time I got home I truely could have kicked myself if I could have reached. But too late for that I guess.

Today is a new day & I started it out right by walking. It has been so beautiful here in SW LA that I have been yearning to be out there walking again, but just have not been able to get to it till today. It really felt good, but let me tell you that I am really OUT OF SHAPE. My heart was racing so fast that I could not get an acturate count, but it was over 160 :o . Even 5 minutes after cool down it was still 135 :mad: It's my own fault for not keeping up with the exercise during the summer months. I can only start back from today.

I was almost back home from my walk when a neighbor pulled up along side of my & said, "You're just going to waste away if you don't stop losing!" :lol: I :love: it!! I told her no, that I'm right where I need to be but!!! I HAVE GIVEN IT ALOT OF THOUGHT & HAVE DECIDED TO LOWER MY GOAL WEIGHT TO 135.

Well ladies, it's not a personal hello to each of you, but I got to go. I'm working 3-11 today. I'm off tomorrow, so I'll try to read & post some replies then. Hope each of you have a blessed day & enjoy this wonderful sunshine!! :wave:

jmuir9668 10-01-2001 12:57 PM

Sorry I was AWOL this weekend. Had to go out of town for a bridal shower. Unfortunately, I also ate everything this weekend. It was very hard since I had just started the program again and I was at my grandmothers. She always has good food. We had Bar-B-Q on Saturday night. It was really good!

Anyway, it is back on the wagon today. I'm going for my walk this afternoon. It isn't very long, but very hilly so I get a good cardia workout.

I did have one good thing this weekend. My massage therapist (who is also one of my best friends) said that my flexibility was improving and that she could tell that my thighs were becomming a bit firmer. :smug: Always good to hear.

Im not looking forward to WIW due to this past weekend and TOM, but we'll see. As long as I don't go up, I'll be fine.

Couldn't get caught up with the weekend posts. You folks were a loquacious bunch so I can't respond personnaly, but I hope everyone has a good week. I happy to find a group of real women who are in the same boat I am.

Check back later.

JM

TVthatsME 10-01-2001 01:04 PM

Good Morning!

Hello all,

Hope everyone had a great weekend! The weather here in AL was, and is still GREAT :smug: - Hope it holds out through the week so we can finish fall baseball up. I'm so tired of running to the ballfield. It was OK last year because fall ball is very laid back and I only had my oldest one playing - this fall, with both playing, I am ready to throw the scorebook to someone else and say "I'm done!" and go to the house. :dizzy: I've had no time for exercise since the beginning of September because of this! I need my normal routine to come back to me!!! If I get through this week, things should be back to normal - thank goodness!!

My neice is much better - thanks to all for the kind thoughts. She is a bit of a handful and adding to that the diabetes, it will be a full time job for all family members in trying to keep her out of trouble in the next few years!!

BOB - did I miss the season opener for ER??? Oh no! That is one of the few shows I still watch regularly!! How can I find out the details of what I missed???

Fillise - I'm with ya on the WAR EAGLE!! ;) Glad you made it through the yard sale. I love kittens, but my dh hates them, so I can't have one :( . They are soo sweet.

DEB! - 121 WOW. That is so great!!!! BTW - I like the idea about the stories too!

TTYS!
tv

Rhroo 10-01-2001 01:45 PM

Good Monday morning! Everyone sounds like they are hanging in there. Me-hmmmm.....I have had a full week end which included lots of food! oh well. Starting over today. Still hanging in there with the excersise. I am staying away from the scale for awhile. TOM is also due so why bother weighing!!
Deb -congrats on the 121!!!

Mel-keep us posted on the 135

gotta gooooo sorry so quick i probably bore u all anyway! LOL

Rhonda

201.2/1something/135ish

Rosalie 10-01-2001 02:43 PM

Hi everyone

It is a beautiful day here again, sunny and cool. But I won't be having any bike rides to-day. I still have a sore hand and a sore knee. Hope I am fit enough for work tomorrow afternoon. And it looks like I will be missing badminton for a week or two. I guess I will have to get out my exercise videos. Can't afford to slack off too much.

Deb - Glad to hear the scale is still down for you to-day. Mine was up a little - but then I wasn't supposed to get on it to-day so I will just ignore it. But it was a reminder that I had better go easy on the cookies. I will let you know what happens with the cheese. I haven't cut down on it intentionally, just haven't been snacking as much. But who know's what'll happen this week. The cookies I made using agave nectar turned out really good. I have already posted the recipe on the RECIPE BOARD. They are called CRANBERRY OAT COOKIES. I have already finished one of the bottles of agave. I had some on a buckwheat waffle yesterday, some in my cooked apple, and the rest in the cookies. I must have used some on something else too but can't think what it was now. Thanks for doing the happy dance for me. I went back to the HFS to-day and brought some Sprouted Almond Bread. Have you ever heard of it? This one comes from the UK. Haven't tried it yet. Have some whole gain rye bread to use up first. I also bought some FANTASTIC Falafel Mix. I tried this once before and it was the nicest one I had tasted. Haven't seen the brand that you suggested to BOB. Maybe it is not available up here.

Melf - Glad to hear that bil is doing a little better. That heart rate of yours doesn't sound very good to me. It should never be that fast just from walking. Have you had a physical lately. I think it is something you should get checked out. You could be fibrillating. JMHO.

Rhroo - I am never bored with your posts. You usually are able to make me smile.

Jred and Lizery - Loved your pictures. And Lizery what a beautiful daughter you have. She has your lovely smile.

Fillise - Glad your yard sale went well. Sounds like you will get lots of enjoyment out of Miss Belle. I love them when they are tiny.

Gotta run. Have to go to get my glasses fixed. I broke an arm off when I fell yesterday. Luckily I had another pair to wear.

Have a good week everyone.

Marie.

Debelli 10-01-2001 05:21 PM

Hey Y'All!:wave:

Got a few things accomplished today, nothing exciting, bank, Kmart, pita bread, Wild Oats, etc.

Lauren was so excited to find that she won a script from some movie called SUMMER CATCH that starred Freddie Prinz Jr., which he had signed, she is tickled pink-not to mention hogging the phone to call all her friends:)

NANCE, first, you best send me your new e-mail addy! Second, I dropped the film off at KMART today and they should be back on Wednesday, so be prepared! Aren't you proud of me, it only took me a month to get them in!!! LOL!!!

MEL, I'm CERTAIN you must of burned a few calories yapping today:) Of course, not quite as many as you would of if you'd of run, but there's always tomorrow. Im ignoring the bday comment like I'm ignoring the bday-I'm not one to lie, but darned, it sure is inviting to start. I think 37 is a good believable lie;)

LIZ, I think you are probably at least 10 degrees cooler than us down here-push it a little south, would you? You can post your story on this baord if you'd like, but then we will archive all the stories together on one board-thanks again for bringing that up! I'll have to make my nutshell story a little bigger-not that it's anything exciting. I second ROSALIES post about your daughter-she's adorable! I love seeing pics of all the gals on the board-and it's fun to see the families as well! Hmm, maybe I'll post a pic of me and the kids:)

FILLISE, glad to see you had a great sale this weekend-now that the closet is empty, you slowly need to add things to fill in the gaps now. I love finding great clothes at garage sales - sometimes I buy things that aren't even my size because I know SOMEONE will be able to use them-quality name brands like Claiborne, Jones NY, Dockers, etc-some still new! And where did you bring Miss Belle home from? Is she getting more use to her new environment?

MELF, good to hear the news about your BIL. Hope he continues on his road to recovery well. Don't worry about that one day you had, you're right back on track. I'm sure that if I started on just one thing, I'd do the same thing-a reason I won't cheat, because once I start, there's no turning back for me, and I know it. I thank my lucky stars that I found SB LEGAL desserts to have once in a while, otherwise, I don't know what I'd do in the long run. Had a piece of carob cake this afternoon, just 2oz., and I savored every bite! You'll surely make your goal of 135!!!

JMUIR, glad to see you back. Sounds like you had a nice weekend. What's with BBQ and everyone? I guess it must be something we all love! Hope you enjoyed the walk, I just realized, those of you who are in hilly terrain must have nice tight butts-no wonder mine is flabby living in flat land terrain!!!:eek:

TV, thanks for posting your BIO on the BIO BOARD - always nice to learn more about each of the wonderful people who make up our great board!!!

RHROO, so what's on the birthday agenda for you on Wednesday??? Definitely take off from WIW this week, that is if you think you're going to be up on the scale, why ruin a perfectly good birthday:o

ROSALIE, don't like hearing you're not up to par, that really must of been some nasty fall. Broken glasses, sore knee, sore hand - I hope you prop yourself up on the couch for a little bit and pretend to be Queen so others do for you for a little bit:) Play it up for all it's worth is my motto!!! LOL!! Thanks for posting that recipe, sounds like a good one, one I'll have to try. Never heard of the Sprouted Almond Bread, but it sure sounds delicious! When I make the falafel, I make it into a 3oz patty and use a small 6" pan, put a 1/2tsp of oil and fry one side, then add the other 1/2tsp of oil and flip it over on the other side. I'm so ridiculously hooked on them, I've been having them every day for the past week or so!:^: Do you know how to make the taratour (sauce) for them???

Okay gals, I'm outta here for now-I'll check in with you all before I go to bed if the computer is free!

Toodles

Debbie
194/121/129
SB since 3/22/00
Reached goal 6/10/01

Rosalie 10-01-2001 05:55 PM

Deb - A board for MY STORY sounds like a good idea. No, I've never heard of TARATOUR sauce but I was just checking the web and saw some recipes. I've never tried the Tahini either. I'll have to put it on my shopping list.

Marie.

lizery 10-01-2001 06:17 PM

My story:

I was always a very thin child and teenager. I weighed about 135 lbs when I was 18. I had a boyfriend then who was extremely critical of the way I looked. I didn't have the right shaped body, needed to build my legs etc. I gained about 17 lbs in a few years and would up going to WW. I thought I was HUGE at 152 lbs. I didn't even last one day on WW. I felt completely out of control with that way of eating. So I just gave up. I exercised like crazy, every day for at least an hour at aerobics,then jogging,then weight training. I got back down to 136 lbs. But my eating habits were nuts!I would eat 1/2 a pizza, then go run! Go to the story and buy a bag of candy then feel horrible and sleep all day. Once I got a real job in a restaurant I was so excited. Fried this and that! I lived to eat! Still exercising all the time just so I could pig out. Then I got a job at a retail store and even at 140 lbs or so I could not wear hardly any of the clothes there because I had big breasts. It totally depressed me to have to buy the men's shirts there. Over that time I broke up with my boyfriend ( good riddance ) and started going out all the time. I loved that!!! I could eat almost what I wanted because I was out almost all night 4 nights a week dancing!! Then I decided to go back to school and moved back in the my parents. I was 21. Well ,then I started drinking beer almost every day. I gained 30 lbs in about 18 months. I was about 170 lbs and still was not really fat but the only excercise I was really getting was waiting tables and walking a few days out of the week. I then started dating a new guy. And before I knew it, I got PREGNANT! AHhhh. We were planning on getting married anyway but for some reason being pregnant at 22 threw me into a horrible depression. I gained 13 lbs in my first trimester. I stopped MOVING. I sat on the couch,went out to lunch etc. I weighed 232 lbs the day I delivered. After I had my son, I was breastfeeding and still felt ravenous all the time. I lost 30 lbs right away and then gained it right back. I felt horrible all the time. I knew that the key for me was walking and excercising but I just could not get going. Finally I got on the move and started walking again. When my son was 18 months old I started taking an anti-depressant. It helped me so much, helped me to not think so negatively about everything. I started my walking again and got down to 190 lbs. I gained about 10 lbs back and settled at 200. I was happy with that. I needed to lost a little more but I really started feeling better about myself. Then I got pregnant again. Oh boy, I was so sick. I didn't gain any weight for 5 months because I was so sick.Then I gained 47 lbs in 4 months!!! UGHHH! So I was 247 when I delivered my 2nd son. After much hard work and a few months of diet pills ( shame on me!!) I got down to 207. Then, you guessed it, I got pregnant again!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL my first dr appt I weighed 215. I was 267 when I delivered. I lost down to 240 then I have had some major things happen right after I had her. My little baby brother got sentenced to 5 yr 10 months in prison, I broke my ankle in 3 spots and my leg in one. Dislocated my foot. It took me 6 months to feel *normal* again. Of course when I got on the scale I weighed 263 :( I was so upset, I just cried and cried. I felt so out of control, like, WHY BOTHER??? I just ate what I wanted but I was still feeling horrible. I then talked to a lady at the park who had lost 55 lbs and went from a size 16 to a size 4! All doing SB! I thought "Well, it is certainly worth a try". I already had the book, I had snagged it from my mom ( who has since snagged it back LOL ) and I read it in one day and it was like this BIG light bulb went off. I took a look at what I was eating. Stuffing myself with bread,stuffing, rice,pasta--all packaged foods and straches. I was craving sugar in an outrageous way. So, I quit. Cold turkey. I have had a couple of relapses but nothing to worry about. I honestly *feel* better than I have in years. I find myself looking at what others eat. All the bread and potatoes and pasta. Restaurants will sabotage you with the huge portions they give out. I am for sure doing this long term and will tell everyone who wants to listen about it.My first goal is 180 which was my weight right before my first child. In the long run I think 150 is a reasonable weight for me but I will jump for joy the day I hit 200. Thanks for reading!!!!!

Liz
263 ( should I post my starting weight with SB! ? )
246.5/180

GatorGal 10-01-2001 08:18 PM

Happy Birthday to all the Birthday Girls this month. Rhoo, SEF, and SolShine--I hope this month is especially good for you.

Solshine--Sorry I missed you today at the gym. Jim said that you came in this morning, so I figured you were still interviewing. :( How is the job search going? I was thinking about other options for you, trying to think if I knew of ANY place that might be a possibility. The only thing I could come up with was working with one of the big firms in town that need a computer support staff. I know that all the big law offices use computer in-house support people that teach lawyers how to use their computer, get rid of viruses, etc. I don’t know if that is down your alley or not, but if so, might be a possibility. I do know that it can be a hard job.
How is Vince doing? I used to see him working out, but it has been a long time. I suspect he has been busier than a bee after Sept. 11. With those guys in FLA, our law enforcement men must be working overtime.

Debelli--I ate 1275 cals today. 30% protein, 40+ carbs, and about 28% fat. That is as close as I can get it. Thanks for your encouragement. It keeps me “honest” to what I eat. Also, I enjoyed reading your history, although I think I had read it before. It, too, reminded me that this IS a Way Of Life, and not just a passing diet. Again, I long to be experimenting with maintenance.

As far as Halloween is concerned, I use 2 methods to stay “safe.” 1. I buy only candy that I don’t like. I don’t tempt myself by buying plain hard candies. For some of you it may be licorice, or cinnamon candies.
And 2. I sometimes either am out of town for a game or something, or, if I am at home, I don’t buy any candy at all, turn out all the lights and just don’t answer the door. I know that sounds like there is a bit of Scrooge in me to do this, but I figure that if I am going to have trouble with the candy, it is better to be Scrooge for one night and protect myself, and let the kids get the candy at the other houses. I have tried to put myself first on this particular holiday, and so that is how I cope. Those of you with kids at home might try using a candy that you don’t like, and just letting your kids or your husband keep you honest with the candy that they bring home. I know it is a tough holiday. I LOVE chocolates and that was always hard not to raid my kids’ haul to nibble at their miniature Snickers.

Fruit and Sef--I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to sound upset. I really wasn’t upset, but was just trying to answer Big Orange’s question logically and so brought out more than one point to express my point of view in response to her query. Actually, I try not to let the actions of a bunch of 19 year old boys determine my mood, because, as you said, Fruit, it is just a game. I promise that I was really calm when answering, but I apologize for coming across too strongly. I’ll try not to do that again.

BIg Orange Babe--I agree with Deb. Keep treating yourself gently. I hope it won’t be too hard or confining to give it all up at one time. Also, as she said, you won’t know if it is wheat or dairy if you stop both at once. Experiment gently, OK, girl.!

Zanne--I am probably the worst about replying to everyone. I usually just pop in here really quick, glance through all the posts as fast as I can and try to zip out a reply to hit the high spots. I often open a separate window in a word processing application and type everything in that and just copy and past onto our reply board. That way I never lose anything or have to retype, since I’m trying to be speedy. I’m taking more time tonight, tho, as my DH is at class and I have a few more minutes. So I’m scrolling down the screen and typing in the other window as I read something I can answer. But I NEVER get everyone in my posts, even though I’m crazy about all the gals and can identify with their daily challenge with food.

Lizery--Good Pix. You look glamorous.

Fillise--I’m guessing from your post that the MSU game is an away game for the Plainsmen. Looks like the western division will be a tough one. AU is still unbeaten, right. Should be a good game down there in Starksville. The Bulldogs had an off day on Saturday, but should be loaded for bear (or in this case, eagle) by Saturday. They have a very good defensive coach, so AU will have its hands full. Good luck to both you and SOLSHINE, and may the best team win.

Congrats on your new little kitty. Our cat just got home from the weekend at the vets. He was in a cat fight and got a bad abscess that wouldn’t heal. So I took him to another vets that specializes in only cats, and they did some minor surgery. He is pitiful and sad and wants to go outside in the worst way.

Melf--You go, girl. You know what weight is good for you, so go for it! I’m sorry that your life has been so challenging right now, but rejoice with you over the good news about your BIL.

Lizery--Just read “your story” and thank you for it. I, for one, will give you a great big pat on the back and {{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}} for hangin’ in there when you had so many challenges. And you’re down to 246, almost 20 pounds lost. That’s great.

Rosalie--How is the road rash feeling today. I hope it is clearing up quickly and you’ll be back on those wheels.

Well, gals. This is 2 pages on my word processing program. Have to study some French tonight, and I still have the kitchen to clean up. Take care, all, and have a great evening.

ldblond 10-01-2001 08:24 PM

This week, think about how you would like to live in the
future, and then do just one thing that takes you in the
direction you want to go. Highly successful people are
gentle with themselves, and we can learn from that.
Decide to do one thing different, and then follow-through.
Take action, do one thing, and then one more, and we'll
see you at the top!

by Philip E. Humbert, PhD

My one thing...to find my way back to all of you...

Lara

THE BIG ORANGE BABE 10-01-2001 09:24 PM

EVENING EVERYBUDDY!!! :cool:

Hope everyone is having a GREAT evening!! OHOH....gotta take SKEETER O...U...T I'll be right back...:o
OK....I'm back...

Don't ANY of you get it into your minds that GATOR and I are arguing....WE AGREE TO DISAGREE....we are just NORMAL little FLORIDA - TENNESSEE fans AVIDLY discussing the game...IF...we EVER get into a GOOD ONE...you all will be the first to know.... :smug:

SUSAN {{{{WELCOME}}}}} to the fold..little BELLE!!!!
Didn't you just love the ALABAMA game?? South Carolina is good....we still have to play them..
Week after next.....THIRD SATURDAY in OCTOBER....we play BAMA... GEORGIA comes to NEYLAND STADIUM Saturday...it's the NOON game on CBS...
Glad you had good results with the YS...I need to have one my self...

T.V. Yes, you've missed ER...it was really good...you might look on the NBC website and the will give a recap...as far as something continued....it won't be..they did one of those really wierd shows where nothing was in the present thought...but YES...DR GREEN let that man die!!!

SOL GET THAT COW BELL OUT AND GET IT TUNED UP....SUSAN WANTS TO HEAR WHAT "KEY" IT RINGS IN!!! (sorry, this is as close to maroon I can get)
Y'all got to get up and get going...I've not seen your team like this in MANY MANY YEARS!!! Jackie needs to REV them boys up!!

MISSY YOU GOT IT RIGHT GIRL.....LSU has got ONE HOT COACH!! I found myself staring at him Saturday...How can you concentrate on the game????

LIZ thanks for the storey...I think once we get this new board in place and everyone gets their storey on, it will really get everyone REVVVVVVed up and going...

FLY ???????? WHERE ARE YOU??? ARE YOU OK??

NANCY ?????? NEW EMAIL ADDY???? WHERE IS IT??

MARIE That sauce is WONDERFUL with falafal....it's in that BEST OF LEBANON cook book that you have...

I THOUGHT THERE WAS A BIRTHDAY IN MIAMI THIS MONTH???

Gotta get reclined....HELLO TO EVERYONE....

BOB:smug:

chunkybarbie 10-01-2001 10:13 PM

Hi Everyone....I just wanted to thank you all for welcoming me. I keep pretty busy, so I haven't gotten a chance to post again until now. Mostly I enjoy reading what you all have to say. I have learned a lot just from reading all of your posts. This is a very encougaging and supportive site. Thanks again...Kelli

Fillise 10-01-2001 10:19 PM

Monday Evening

Miss Belle is purring in my lap as I type. She is showing great interest in learning to type!

Sol--Keep those dadgum cowbells out of Auburn. Man those things are annoying! I guess that's the idea!:lol:

Gator--the game is in Auburn this week. It is the first home game since Sept. 11--so we'll see what the security is like. I hope they get it ironed out before ya'll came the next weekend. Just heard that game is going to be on ESPS--good--I'll be able to watch it in NC!

BOB--I'm glad we don't play SC this year--I'd just as soon meet them in Atlanta in December. Sorry.

Deb--I'm going to be very picky about the clothes I buy from now on! I'm not buying too much--just enough to get me through to the next size!:) Miss Belle came home from the yard sale! I didn't buy anything but fell in love with one of the kittens there to be given away.

Melf: Glad to hear that your BIL is doing better! That is rough surgery even under the best of circumstances.

Liz: Thanks for your story! I can sure identify with the up and down--and I don't even have Kids to show for it!:lol: But you are here now and that is what counts. Isn't it amazing how much better your feel?

TV--shameon hubby for not liking adorable kittens!

Marie--hope you knee and hand feel better soon. I know from the hurt knee business! It is not fun! Take care of yourself.

I did get to the gym today--60 minutes of cardio plus the strength machines. I can be so tired before I go--but it really picks me up for the rest of the day!

Have a good evening everyone!

Susan

chunkybarbie 10-01-2001 10:27 PM

MSU

Looks like there are some Mississippi State Fans here. I have the curious distinction of being both a Gator fan and a bulldawg fan. My father is an MSU alumni and we were at the game. Saturday was his birthday, and the dawgs had never lost a game on his birthday until Saturday. It was a real bummer. I hope things look up for the dawgs next game. I have always said that the only time I will root against the gators is when they play the dawgs. That was really hard to do Saturday, but my Dad was worth it. :p Kelli

BusDeb 10-01-2001 10:46 PM

Hello all :wave:
I promised that I would try to write more this week and this is the first chance I have had today.
We had a very busy weekend and I was not good the whole time but compared to other times in my life when I would fall off the wagon so to speak, I did pretty good. At least I didn't eat while passing out food at the concession stand Friday night. :angel:

TV .....I tryed to send youj something on your work email and it would not work. Send it to me in a message here on this board and maybe I can figure out what I did wrong. :o

Deb.....so glad to hear about your new number.....it is alll about numbers isn't it?

To all the rest I will try to read and post ....but I must say it is very hard for me to keep up......but I am trying.

See you all tomorrow.

Deb :)

210/195/150

sef 10-01-2001 11:55 PM

Hi all! Just got word that my bil's bypass surgery has been postponed and will be rescheduled, hopefully for Wednesday. It must be rough being psyched up for something like that and then being told oops! He was told they had a couple of emergencies.

Been a very busy day amd I am tired sp woll not really answer individual posts.

The one problem with writing and not really knowing each other,
is we miss the tone of voice and facial expression. I know the football fans weren't really fighting. I was just poking gentle fun at your ardor! Sorry about that!!

Susan, a new kitty, how sweet! My big old cat is so much company, he can be very cuddly but can't hem him in or brush him when he doesn't want it! He's my constant companion, more like a dog in that respect!

Melf, glad your bil is doing better.

Welcome to you Kelli and the other newcomers, you'll find lots of help and support and fun on this Board.

Got to go, take care, Shirley

DEB - HOW COULD YOU FORGET (EVEN THO ON PURPOSE) YOUR BIG DAY ON THE 4TH. DON'T YOU THINK WE WANT TO WISH YOU A HAPPY bIRTHDAY AT THE APPROPRIATE TIME! fOR SHAME TRYING TO ROB US OF THAT PLEASURE! TSK! TSK!

Debelli 10-02-2001 09:18 AM

Good Tuesday Morning Everyone!:wave:

Don't have but a few minutes to post, have to jump in the shower and get ready to spend the day shmizing with my Mom today-don't have to p/u the kids from school, Eli's working, so figured I'd call Mom and see if she wanted to do anything.

Got in my walk today, no jogs, legs felt heavy (or is this what old gets to feeling like?) Beautiful day outside I must say, hardly sweated!

Scale is up 1lb, not complaining-I'll probably go up a bit more, TOM is due in the next day or so:rolleyes:

ROSALIE, you CAN'T have a falafel without the taratour-it would be so dry! I made mine thinner than normal, 1 clove garlic and 1/2 tsp salt mashed together, stir in 2 tbl. tahini, then stir in 2 tbl lemon juice alternating with 4tbl of water-put in fridge to sit for a while to thicken a bit (you can add a bit more tahini or less lemon juice to thicken it a bit more). That's it!

LIZERY-thanks for sharing your story!!!! You'll make your goal!!! Yes, def. post your SB start weight.

GATOR, sounds like you are doing better with your intake, but it's still a tad too low. I would see how the scale has been for you in recent months and if it's not really going down, try to up your caloric intake some more-personally, I think it's too low. I eat more than you do.

LARA, glad to see your post! Can't wait til you are back with us a bit more-miss seeing your posts. Please let us know how you are doing!!!

BOB, don't you know that birthdays down here in Miami just don't count?

CB, glad to see your post! Just jump on whenever you are able to-we all know how hectic life can be at some times. Like I told LIZERY, I hope you will try to make our next meeting we have, which will probably be in the Orlando area after the first of the year:)

FILLISE, glad to hear Ms. Belle is doing better. Def. don't buy too much, I bought things and before I knew it they were too big, and I didn't even get to where them-they still have the tags on them!:eek:

BUSDEB, I guess a lot has to do with numbers, at least for me that is-but also the way I can find clothes, which is still hard even though I'm at goal-I'm short, makes it hard, even petite stuff doesn't fit me right!

SEF, are you trying to tell me you aren't going to miss the chance to rub it in that I'm 40! I'm trying to downplay this event as much as possible. I'm going to lie from here on out-I'm only going to be 37! ;) I wonder if it's believable??:?: Can we just skip Thursday???? And your plans for your upcoming bday would be??? It's a biggie, isn't it!!!!

Please don't forget TONIGHT'S THE CHAT AT 9:15PM EST I'll post a direct link to the board later on when I post. And of course, I must remind you that TOMORROW IS WEIGH IN WEDNESDAY!!! I wish you all good luck with the metal monster!!!:D

Hope you all have a wonderful day.

Debbie
194/122/129
SB since 3/22/00
Reached goal 6/10/01

SolShine 10-02-2001 09:32 AM

WE GOT SOME DAWGS UP IN HERE!!!

Sonya hangs her head in shame and vows THAT kind of loss will not happen again for a LONG TIME!!

BARBIE I was born and raised in Starkville, MS. Both parents graduated from there - my brother and I graduated from there and we've had season tickets to every Baseball, Basketball, Football season since I was born. My family BLEEDS MAROON & WHITE . Jackie Wayne has really done great things for MSU and we don't want to go back to being a losing team again. I think Saturday was a fluke. I think the Gators were still stinging from last year and had a special can of whoop a** saved up "special" for our DAWGS.

BOB & FILLISE - Meister graduated from USC and every week-end he asks how they did and then checks the scores 3 and 4 times not believing that they are really something to contend with. He's having a blast hearing about their wins. 'Bout them cowbells.......They don't call us "COW COLLEGE" for nuttin'! We practice ringing them thangs!! I'll just send some ear plugs your way, SUSAN! :D

GATORGAL - You made some good points there, but dadgummit, couldn't they cut us SOME slack?? It's not like we're not FSU or anything. :lol: Vince is not working out at Fitness Coach right now. He's concentrating on the SWAT team try-outs and his martial arts stuff. Sorry I missed you, though. I've been scouring every place that has job postings in print and online. Not much response even from the resumes I've sent out so I'm getting more aggressive with my follow up. I still think ORHS is my best bet - I just wish "corporate America" would creep along a little faster.

MARIE I'm soooooo glad you're okay!! When I was reading and I saw the part about the fall I thought "well, she's posting so she must be okay...." I totally know what you mean about "needing your space". When I'm roller blading don't get your butt ANYWHERE NEAR MINE!!! :nono: Vince laughs at me, but I'm serious!! I need my space on those trails! I weighed in on Saturday at 194.5, then yesterday at 197 and today at 195.5. I'm hoping tomorrow will be a good one for both of us!!

DEBBIE - CONGRATS ON THE NEW ALL TIME LOW!!!!!! 'Been thinking about your goals and I think you need to get where you're comfy. People who see you all the time - and especially at your higher weights - have trouble seeing lower weights as normal, maybe. My best friend and roomie in college was 5'2" and a size 1. She weighed 92 lbs. soaking wet. How we got to be friends I'll never know - we made a perfect 10, though. She was the 1 and I was the 0. ;) ) Anyway, people told her she was too thin a lot. She got up to 105 lbs. one semester and it ALL went to her hips and it was obvious that she WAS right to stay around 92 lbs. for her size and very tiny frame. My point is that you should be able to decide on a safe, realistic weight for you.

"My story Board" sounds like a good idea. Oh, and I've been working out. Weights one day, walking the next. Just haven't posted on the exercise board. I haven't voted yet because I weigh anywhere from 2-5 times per week and I don't know which option that would be. I don't weigh every day and I try to only weigh on....say....Saturday and WIW, but cheat and get on maybe one or 2 more times during the week.

MELF So glad to hear from you and that things are getting better! Continuing to send prayers up for you and your family!

LIZ and JRED GREAT PICTURES!!! Thanks for posting them!

LIZ enjoyed reading your story, too! Been there done that on the up and down. I lost about 30 lbs. by working my butt off, but still eating fried mushrooms almost 3x/week. When I quit working out the weight came on at world record pace. You're right about being in the right place to get things back on track!

SEF I was thinking about the memorial flag and it seems like there's some protocol as to how those are to be handled. FROG or NANCEMEISTER may be able to provide some more information on that from their awesome military men. I don't know off the top of my head, but I'll look and see if I can find it in some of Meister's stuff.

Halloween.........I haven't passed out candy in years and decided that this year I was going to do it. I like GATORGAL's idea of buying candy that I don't particularly care fo so I'm not tempted to indulge. Candy isn't really a sore spot for me - well, maybe just a few types - but I don't think it will be too hard. My problem is more along the bread line. Now, if I was passing out donuts or muffins or cake or something - then we'd have a problem, Houston....

Still on the job hunt. MEL I hope your interviews went well for you and Hubby! Hopefully you, NANCEMEISTER and I will be doing the happy dance together soon! I'm starting to look at the cheapest way to eat on this plan. Fresh fruits and veggies can get to be expensive. Any ideas out there on that one??

:wave: for everyone else! HAVE A GREAT DAY!!!

Rosalie 10-02-2001 10:40 AM

Good morning everyone

It's another nice sunny day here to-day. I just love this weather. I'm feeling a little better to-day. The hand is still sore but it is more of a nuisance than anything. I'm having trouble turning keys, opening jars etc.

Deb - It would have been nice to prop up on the couch yesterday and be waited on but nobody was around to do it for me. So I went to bed early instead as I was feeling pooped. . Thanks for the recipe for Taratour sauce. I've put tahini on my shopping list so I will be prepared when I make the falafels. The last time I had them I put them in pita bread with lettuce, tomato etc. and mayo. This is the way my dil's Mom does them in their store . They taste good this way but I am always ready for a change. I haven't decided about Halloween yet. I always used to buy stuff that I liked in case there was any left over. That definitely has to change. Although with a bit of luck I'll have to work an evening shift that day then the problem will be solved :lol:

Solshine - Glad to see that your weight has been down this week. Even below 195 - that's great. I wish you luck for tomorrow. I'm with you on the voting tbis week. I've been weighing two or three times a week. That's WIW and the weekend. So I voted 'other' as no other option was appropriate for me. Do you like lentils? This is quite a cheap item and you could make it with some veggies and serve over brown rice as a vegetarian meal. Or you could use it as a side dish with meat or chicken. There are lots of recipes on Rick Mendosa's site. They are all for CHANA DAL but they can be made with any other type of LENTIL or SPLIT PEA as most of the recipes were originally converted from other lentils to chana dal. I sometimes have them with rice, or I will have them cooked and drained and mixed with some veggies and put in pita bread with salad and top with cheese. If you are interested let me know and I can suggest some recipes for you.
http://www.mendosa.com/chanadal.html

BOB - I don't have THE BEST OF LEBANON cookbook anymore. I borrowed it from the library. But I've got the instructions from Deb.

Fillise - You're wise about the clothes. I had to replace most things in my wardrobe in the early spring this year. Now I don't have any nice clothes to wear for the winter. I'm still reluctant to buy too much as I was hoping to be down another size by now but I guess I will have to go and splurge soon.

Greetings to everyone I've missed and good luck with WIW tomorrow.

I won't be at chat tonite as I have to work evening shift.

Bye.

Marie :wave:

TVthatsME 10-02-2001 10:56 AM

Tuesday!

Hi ya'll!

My oldest son won his first tournament game last night! It was a one of those games that makes your heart flutter! My guts were in a knot most of the time. I got stuck being the "official score/bookkeeper":rolleyes: , so I had to sit behind the plate. It is too intense back there for me. I saw one pitch coming straight at my son's head and almost had a heart attack!! :eek: Thank goodness he ducked in time! He is having a hard time batting, his instinct is to wait to be walked, but he is striking out just looking at the ball about 1/2 of the time! I can't seem to get him to understand that you must swing the bat to get a hit!! I think he has a mental block right now, just a little self esteem we need to work on.

Little one has his first tournament game tonight. I will try to make chat but no promises!!

Scale is down by 1/2 lb for me this morning!:) Hope it will stay down at least that much for WIW. I am drinking water like a mad woman today to help maybe get another 1/2 to subtract with it!!

BusDeb - I sent you a private message. Click on your profile button and you should be able to get to it.

Liz - enjoyed your story... will save mine for the new thread.

Rosalie - hope you heal up quickly. I had a bad bike wreck when I was young (busted my front teeth out and my face up pretty bad) and I know how sore you probably are, so hang in there.

BOB - OK, I'll have to catch up online somewhere! I'll probably miss this week too because of baseball!! :^: I figured Dr. Green let that guy die - they'll probably find out and Dr. Green's brain tumor will be back and impairing his judgement or something. Isn't he supposed to be leaving the show? Probably preparing a good story for his going out??

Sef - hope your bil does well.

Deb - I hate TOM!

Will check in later!
tv

thunderwoman62 10-02-2001 11:35 AM

good morning good morning all:wave:

Boy its sure is beautiful today. I got in my 2 mile walk altogether this morning. I feeeeeeel great and have started that TOM this am to. I can't wait until tomorrow to post weight lose as of this morning I lost another lb Yeah :D . That makes altogether 36 lbs lost and 15 inches.:D

Hope everyone has a great day!:wave:

264/229/155ish
July 1, 2001

Cjane 10-02-2001 12:24 PM

Good morning!!! Glad to hear everyone is doing great! :)

Okay..this is only my first week, and I've been avoiding eating out as much as I can. Today though, all the girls at work are going to lunch, and I'd like to go also. However...we are going to an Italian restaurant....pasta central!!! What are some good lunch ideas that I could choose? I mean, I'm sure I could figure something out, but I'd like yall's input because you are so smart! :)

Other than that, I've been doing well. I feel the withdrawals...mostly from the rice and bread...i'm not a true "sweets" eater. I've discovered a few peanuts will remove the craving....which is not really a "craving", but I notice something is not there. Does that make sense?

I think I did get a little cranky with dh too... :mad: He is doing sb as well, and is just as happy as a clam! :) I'm happy too...happy knowing I'm ridding myself of toxins!!!

I'll write more later, from home!
Thanks!
Cjane

lizery 10-02-2001 01:35 PM

Thanks everyone for the sweet messages about my picture :) Makes me feel wonderful :o

Liz
256/246.5/180

Mel 10-02-2001 03:00 PM

Sunny Tuesday

Hi everyone- It sure is a beautiful day here in Pa. Warm for the first time on a week, and sunny. I got in a 50 min 1/2run-1/2walk before work, but didn't seem to have much energy. I keep meeting up with friends out walking when I'm running, and feel rude not joining them. (and really, who in their right mind would rather run than walk and talk with friends?) Somehow I'll have to work on the protocol of manners/friendship/fitness! It was easier when everone else was staying indoors because it was too hot or too cold!

I've been feeling a BIG CHEAT coming on for the last few days. Maybe too much junk food in the house due to ds's birthday- but I finally decided last night, I would eat the WHOLE bag of white corn tortilla chips that was left from his party. I had thought about it for 2 days and finally decided I just had to do it and get the urge out of my system. Somehow I rationalized that planning it was not as bad as just grabbing the bag and inhaling it on a whim. Now, I have stayed 100% legal since starting SB on 7/24 so I really wrestled with "why do I need to do this?", "how bad could the effects be?", I even asked Jon if he'd still love me:o (he said YES, but that I might not love myself much afterwards). Anyway to make a long story even longer, I ripped open the bag, popped one in my mouth and whoa-- it didn't taste too good! so I ate about 5 more to make sure:lol: but they definitely tasted like greasy cardboard with a lot of salt. I know 3 months ago I would have eaten my way mostly through the bag til my stomach hurt! So I guess this WOE is changing more than numbers on the scale. :) I hope if I decide to eat a pound of chocolate someday that it doesn't taste good anymore either, but somehow I doubt it:p Sooo, my butt is not too sore from falling off the wagon, but I sure fell off mentally!:D

Rosalie- So glad to hear you are not hurt badly, but that sure must have been a scare! Hope your wrist and hand recovers quickly.

Liz- Your picture was gorgeous, what a great smile and eyes and your daughter has the same. Re your story: sounds like you've had plenty of bumps in your life, but know you know how you react to them. You sound from your posts like you're now in a really positive, "control your own life" frame of mind, and have the strength to face what you need to do. Stick with it, we're all rooting for you!

TV-Ah the life of a sports mom! I spent years and years making excuses why I couldn't work at the concession stands, but it was mostly because I was afraid I'd be the one to eat everything. And watching the games is nervewracking! My daughter played field hockey, lacrosse and ran track all through middle school and highschool, and now plays lacrosse in college. Field hockey was the worst, because she was the last line of defense before the goalie. If the goalie was out of position, she would go in the cage and make saves, but without all that protective equipment that goalies wear. One season, she had to get her legs wrapped before every practice and game because she'd remove most of the skin from her legs sliding on the dirt to make saves. Another time, the goalie cleared the ball right into her mouth, and even with a mouthguard, 2 teeth were broken. I'm not sure how I survive her highschool sports career! Now, I really miss seeing all her games since she's 7 1/2 hours away at Ohio State, but I don't miss the constant heart-in-mouth feeling. I love the phone call after every game with the play-by-play she gives me, but I don't need to see her being clobbered over the head with lacrosse sticks!

Thunder- You're going great girl! Seems like you're adding distance to your walks and loosing pounds at an amazing rate;)

Well, gotta go drink some more water to get those tortilla chips out of my system:mad:

Mel
oh-stories.... I'm not sure I'm ready for my story yet and this post is too long already. Will get to it soon.

GatorGal 10-02-2001 04:04 PM

Fillise--Enjoy the game this weekend. They had really tight security at Fla. Field, according to my DH. He could not take in a small gym bag with ponchos, so he had to carry them. The UF-AU game is going to be a night game. That will make our getting back to Calloway really late. :(

CBarbie--I’m looking forward to meeting you in Jan. at our get-together. There a lots of us FLA gals here on this board.

Sef--Yep, we are “ardent” fans. I really think BOB and I could sit down and yack about football for several hours. She probably knows lots of trivia about UT ball, and, similarly, I know a little trivia about Gator ball. We’d debate the relative merits of our respective schools coaches, getting in a “poke” here and there, as true fans will do. Right, BOB? BTW, --Fillise--speaking of trivia, I was THERE, in the very stadium, in person, when Spurrier kicked “The Kick”--the 40 yd. field goal to beat AU in the final seconds of the game in 1966. I lose the year a bit, but I think it was 1966! That was Spurrier’s sr. year, and that kick clinched it for him to win the Heisman trophy.

SolShine--Don’t be ashamed of your team. You are a true fan, through thick and thin. I think it was just bad timing for the Bulldogs: the Gators were “in the groove” Saturday, and the defense was clicking on all 4 cylinders. I don’t think ANY team would have done much better than MSU did. It’s kind of like a runner’s high, where your whole body is so much in sync that you could run for hours. Next week, it may be a different story for the Gators, and also for the Bulldogs. Re. FSU, now THATS where we’d try to RUTS. We’d be happy with 152-0!! So, dear friend, let that maroon blood flow freely and be a proud dawg. MSU will always be a contender in the west.

Solshine--have you been walking in the morning? On the TM or around your neighborhood? I have been wanting to get in a walk everyday, but some days I've been stymied. Today, after I got home from the pregnancy center, I have been stuck here waiting on the cable guy. LOL Maybe he'll come along soon and I can get my walk in before it gets dark. I like to walk on the TM because the humidity is low in there, and the surface is a lot softer than the roads.

Well, gotta go. Take care all you wonderful losers.

thunderwoman62 10-02-2001 04:49 PM

Good evening all,:wave:

Boy am I proud of myself. :D I went back this evening a walked another 3/4 mile and dragged my butt to the house this time:lol: . I should have let the 2 miles alone but I just had to had a little more to see if I could do it. Not for a couple more days anyway. I felt great after the 2 miles but trying for the 3rd was definitatly not the thing to do.:lol: But oh well how would I know if I didn't try.

meliris: My butt has fell off the wagon to many times to count.:lol: But I always went back to the right way after. It was to hard to get to where I'm at now. Plus I'm tired of being FAT.;)
I just wish fried catfish still didn't taste as good tho.:D Thats the only thing I have't been able to overcome. I only cheat with it once a month.

lizery: Your little girl is very cute and I see the smile across your face with her. I have a 3 3/4 yr old little girl to and boy does she keep me busy. But I enjoy every minute of it. Welcome to the board.:)

Cjane I know what you mean about the breads thats been the hardest thing for me to because I loved breads. Now I don't crave it at all only when I want a piece I make sure I don't overdo it and I make sure its within my limits and legal. I to have never been a big sweet eater so I had no problem not eating any, thank goodness. But I do miss Reeses Pieces...lol My husband is a diabetic so he eats what I eat. I don't have to cook 2 different ways thank goodness.

Well I better get going everyone have a great evening!:wave:

Hope to be at chat this evening I'm looking forward to it! :)

BusDeb 10-02-2001 05:38 PM

I am looking forward to chat tonight....I enjoyed it so much last week :) I don't think WIW is going to be too good tomorrow. I have been peaking as I always do ......it is not good. I know what has been going on with me .....I just have to fix it now. One thing I am rarely hungry so have been missing meals. Also I have not been drinking water at all. Since it has cooled down here I just don't seem to want it. So first thing tomorrow.....I get back on track with my water and I eat whether I am hungry or not.

You all are doing so good and I am glad to have met all of you.

See ya tonight.
;)

lizery 10-02-2001 06:40 PM

UGH what is wrong with me!!!!! I have went through an entire day today feeling just horrible and like I want to just binge eat!!!! I have a horrible headache :( Could this be part of detox? I am feeling like a pizza and beer would help my feelings. Somebody stop me!

Debelli 10-02-2001 07:35 PM

Evening All!:wave:

Just got home a little bit ago, had a full day out with Mom. Did a lot of walking in and out of stores, had lunch at Ole Ole, stopped for Carbolite and ready to do it all again tomorrow when Eli is off:D

SOL, thanks for the congrats! I'm quite comfortable where I am, give or take a pound or two. The numbers are fine, it's how I view my body that I'm having trouble with. Once you meet me, you'll understand-that is unless I win the lottery and have surgery before we meet! LOL! I'd say you fall under the "whenever I think about it" category, that or OTHER. I do know you are working out, just felt a bit lonely on the exercise board, wanted you and the others to join in. Good luck on WIW tomorrow, seems you are going down again!!

ROSALIE, glad to hear you're feeling somewhat better today. Just take it easy, as best you can. MAYO, on a falafel-I promise, I won't tell Eli!!!! Let me know when you get that tahini, I'll tell you some other things to do with it-actually, I think I posted a cookie recipe long ago that uses tahini in it.

TV, congrats on another pound down-though all that water, well, lets just hope you make lots of potty calls before tomorrow morning!!! Congrats to your son on his game!! Hey, I hate TOM too, but the other options I have right now would be far worse! LOL!!

THUNDER, congrats on another day of great walking and another pound gone!!! Good job on both aspects!!! Esp. for getting out there twice! I wish you luck as well for WIW tomorrow:) You deserve a good one!

CJANE, I know my thoughts about Italian restaurants are a bit late, but I loved one near us (closed now) and would get eggplant parm., but since they made everything fresh, I had them grill the eggplant without breading, then they put the sauce and cheese- never touched the bread. Chicken dishes without pasta or cream sauces are good too. Most restaurants will usually try to accomodate you, don't be afraid to ask. If you are having cravings, could be hormones, or you may need to up your protein a bit-just stay strong and they WILL pass!

MEL, sounds like you had great weather for your walk/run! Don't beat yourself up about the small cheat, think about it, it could of been a lot worse-just try to stay focused, as best you can-you surely don't want to undo all you've already accomplished!!

BUSDEB, thanks for posting your BIO! It was nice to learn more about you:) Ummm, have you had your water today????? LOL! Okay, did you??? At least you know where your mistakes are and that these are easily fixable, just try to do it soon before it gets to be too much of a trouble, mentally and physically:)

LIZ, this will pass! Don't give in-try to eat some protein. Are you eating enough as it is???

Okay gals, I promised the computer to the kids until 9pm tonight, so off the board I must go.

Again, a reminder, TONIGHT IS CHAT AT 9:15PM EST. Here's a direct link to the SB CHAT ROOM:

http://64.119.161.199/forum/sbchat.php

See you later! Good luck tomorrow for WEIGH IN WEDNESDAY!!

Debbie
194/122/129
SB since 3/22/00
Reached goal 6/10/01

THE BIG ORANGE BABE 10-02-2001 08:11 PM

EVENINGE EVERY BUDDY!!! :cool:

OH>>>>>MY>>>>>>GAWD!!!!!!! BOB WENT TO THE GYM TONIGHT AND THEY WORKED HER ARSE RIGHT OFF!!!!
But I felt better, and we'll be going again Thursday and Friday night!

T.V. Sorry to be so vague about the show, but I just don't remember everything that happened...I usually don't care for the first show of the season because they do these live things and they just aren't the same. Dr Green DID have an MRI and the TECH did see something, but wouldn't tell him anything but that he would have to talk to his dr.. So I agree...he'll either die or get so bad that he can't work anymore...
This week might be worth taping though..especially since you already know you won't be home...something happens to CARTER..

SOL I tried giving GATOR a talking too, but she just wouldn't give in.... :nono: Bring that bell on in here..my cousin's Husband is a grad from there, the bell sits on a shelf and is brought out for every game they watch...they live in Greenville,SC so he doesn't get to too many live games..I just got a note from her today saying that his mother is having knee surgery tomorrow and he and his siblings are down in Meridian right now.
Is THE MEISTER from SC originally?

SUSAN Don't forget to get your picture taken at the reunion....when are you leaving???? Is BELLE going with you?

MARIE I took a look at Debbie's book while I was down there..I would love to find myself one somewhere...I think I might put the GARAGE SALE QUEEN on the case and see if she can find me one...

KELLI THERE IS ALWAYS ROOM FOR ONE MORE SEC FAN AROUND HERE!!! {{{{{{WELCOME}}}}}}}

ANYONE HEARD FROM KIM???.....how bout NANCY???.....and just where is ANN????

I'll try to be in chat...I'm having computer problems again and have already had to run the scan disk this week...

BOB