Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

Closed Thread

Old 09-12-2006, 09:58 AM   #16  
Little Engine That Could

I remembered to weigh this morning before my walk. Down 1/2 pound.
Eating was so-so simply because of the weekend in Gainesville. I plan to take a big thermos of tea next time we go up there. It will be easier to resist nibbling if I have a glass of iced tea in my had rather than wine.

BOB--Wow, you guys did GREAT against, um, who was it again? Hope the Gators enjoy their time up in Knoxville, if you know what I mean. Phat Phil must be having fits now that he has to play against the Gators AND another team coached by the ole' ball coach.

Solly, UK comes to town for a 7:45 pm. game here. I was surprised to see it was so late. Normally we don't play night games at home. I guess TV is running the show. Who do you all play this week?

GinCon--I know about Nebraska. They are the ones that beat the Gators in 1995 in the Fiesta Bowl--the year y'all won the Nat. Championship. They had a good team.

Well, gotta go. Have tons to do. Got in my walk and have ben getting in over 10000 steps every day this past week.
Old 09-12-2006, 11:49 AM   #17  

Morning! I just got in from the vampire, er I mean the lab at the doctor's office... I went fasting and found out I did not need to be fasting! Bummer! Next time, I will ask and make sure. On the way home, I stopped at the grocery store and got my prescriptions. I am about to start a new Byetta pen, so I hope it is a good one. It did not feel very cold when I got it, and it was sitting out on the counter. The pharmacist told me it comes in a refrigerated container...so one can HOPE it has been handled ok. Thankfully, I don't have to pay the full price of over $200...but even at $50 a month, I want my money's worth.

Now that I am home, I need to clean. Its much cooler here today, and is supposed to get cooler still. Tom turned off the A/C this morning. I guess it is fall! I think I may jump in the pool..I don't have much longer to swim. I got in last night and ended up doing 30 minutes of water aerobics. It sure was cold! Just trying to maintain body temperature probably burned of a ton of calories! I am going to miss it when we have to close the pool for the winter.

SOLLY: Yes, I do get to relax a bit. Not TOO much though! There is a wedding I am coordinating and directing this weekend, so I have the rehearsal and the wedding. Sunday morning after church, we will head out to NC to spend the better part of the week with Ruth and Erik up near Franklin where his dad has a cabin. I am really looking forward to that!

FILLISE: Are you coming to Atlanta any time soon? It would be great to see you. I am glad Miss Belle is doing well with the fluids and antibiodics. If only she could understand how they help her, I am sure she would not fight you on it.

You know, I am feeling a bit fatigued. I may just find a book and read some....who cares if the house is clean? Not me!

Old 09-12-2006, 12:29 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Gator, great job on the loss even with the weekend. UK plays Old Miss this week, our first SEC game. At least it is with someone we may be able to beat, but I won't put any money on it.

Monet, the trip to the cabin will be a nice break for you. You should get a heater for your pool so you can swim year round. When you start your new pen if it isn't a good one, can you return it?

Getting ready to head to lunch.
Old 09-12-2006, 12:29 PM   #19  

Howdy ho everyone.... I can't believe its cool enough to turn off the air. Boy this is great. This has been such a hot summer I can't believe things are turning around. Had shredded wheat and bran with fresh blueberries again this morning. It was so good. Tried to limit my coffee this morning so only had a couple of cups. Walked on the tm this morning too. Hope I can get in all five days this week. My hardest thing right now is getting that water in. As always it seems.

Monet- I wondered where you were. As busy as I can be I see.... Hope you get some rest you sound really tired.

Gatorgal- Congrads on the 1/2 lb. I must have caught it this week.

Fillise- I'm not sure what Lara bars are made of but I believe all raw natural fruits and nuts. They are so good. If you find them you've got to try them out... Yummy. They come in about 10 different flavors. I believe some the girls are finding them at Cosco's.

Solly- Sounds like the rain is depressing you. We just had some over the week end. Yep that wine can really sneak up on you. Hopefully I'll do better this week.

Fillise- I'm so sorry about Belle. She'll be in my thoughts...

Guess I'll go... Time to get busy..
Old 09-12-2006, 12:30 PM   #20  

Well, is it Friday yet? This week seems to be drraagggiinngg! I guess that's how it is when you are looking forward to something. Then next week will probably fly by at the beach! SACS was here at school this morning for our accredidation, glad that's over!

We've got so much going on this week that we all need to pack tomorrow. We are also having some trouble with our water. Wouldn't you know it, the timing with these things is always great! I guess I can take a couple of loads of clothes to mil house if needed!

Everyone have a great day!
Old 09-12-2006, 01:52 PM   #21  

FILLISE: Larabars are all natural with a minimal amount of ingredients. Pancho first talked about them. I find them at Costco. They are mostly made from dates and nuts, and have NO preservatives and are 100% raw for those who are raw foodists. They are really tasty too! I like the apple pie flavor, and the cherry. Check out their web page: www.larabar.com If you want to try them and can't find them, let me know. I can mail you some, or see if I can get them or me to Auburn.

THIN: I know what you mean about it always being something...Tom has been replumbing the house, and the worst area to work with was left. He was hoping he could put it off until cold weather since it is a hot job working in the ceilings and walls...but unfortunately, the pipes sprung a leak in the worst place, and he is back at the plumbing. sigh. Our bathroom vanity is along the wall in the bedroom and there is a huge hole in the wall of the bathroom...We are going out of town next week too...but it definitely feels like Tuesday to me!

TONI: Just out of curiousity...if you are limiting your coffee, and have had a couple cups, how many do you USUALLY have??? I have a headache and I am sure it is from not having espresso Sunday or Monday or today....

SOLLY: I don't know if they will allow you to return things like that. I check a forum for Byetta users and there are others who complain of inconsistent effectiveness. I imagine writing the phamaceutical company that makes it would be a good place to start. It DOES work some, but just not as well. I kind of think it would be hard to prove.
Old 09-12-2006, 05:51 PM   #22  
Ginger

S/C/G: 202/195/180

Height: 6'3"

Hi Solly, I am near Lafayette. I am not a born-and-bred Hoosier, only lived in this state for about 6 years.

I cannot wait to read the book!!! I've already started trying to check out labels on things and you're right, I can't believe the things that have sugar in them!! Holy cow!!! It's somewhat overwhelming...I can see I'll be making a huge life change. Even spaghetti sauce, sheesh!!! Everything has sugar, what is the deal??? My boyfriend is allergic to most sugar substitutes (although I don't know if he's tried Splenda). They make him really sick. So he probably won't want to eat anything I try to make that DOESN'T have sugar. He is one of these people who can eat anything and stay skinny. Never worries about what he eats, and probably never will have to. He also doesn't understand about sugar addiction. He'll bring over cookies and say, "Just eat one and put them away." I'm like, dude!!! You don't understand! I can't eat just one!!! Very frustrating. (Don't get the wrong idea, he's a nice guy--just ignorant about the struggle others have with food).

Hope you all had a good day--rainy here too, ick! Waiting for sunshine...Ginger
Old 09-12-2006, 05:59 PM   #23  

GINCON: Spaghetti sauce is a difficult one...some of the sugar in it is from the tomatoes and ok. The trick is to read the label and make sure it doesn't have ADDED sugar! I get one that has about 6 grams of sugar per serving, but there is not any added sugar in it. You want to make sure there is not more than 3 grams of sugar per serving on processed foods you use. I get a Classico spaghetti sauce..not sure which one it is, but read the labels. Some have more stuff added than others. The hard one is cereals! Gosh, they have SO MUCH sugar in them! I have found a few that are ok, like Fiber One, and Uncle Sam's. I also will go with steel cut oatmeal. I am kind of sensitive to wheat, so I try not to eat too much of it.
Old 09-12-2006, 06:33 PM   #24  

Good evening. Just got done with dinner. I made stir fried beef and I think I put to much soy sauce in it. Sure didn't need the sodium in my diet.

Monet- I'm ashamed to say I have at least four cups in the morning. I know its way to much and I really am trying to cut back.

Thin- Oh no not water problems. Hope its an easy fix....

Ginger- Hope you get your book soon. Its really packed with some good information. It may help if you post your meals here.

Guess I'll go play on the computer now...
Old 09-12-2006, 07:04 PM   #25  
Ginger

S/C/G: 202/195/180

Height: 6'3"

Good to know about the Classico spag. sauce--I was envisioning having to make my own. Ugh!! I absolutely love oatmeal so I think I'm ok there. I eat it every morning with some fruit and a little Splenda.

Thin--Sorry to hear about your plumbing problems!!! What a drag. I hope you can get it resolved soon.

This is a great place!!! I'm going to go browse the recipes...Ginger
Old 09-12-2006, 08:17 PM   #26  

I use the ragu organic spagetti sauce. It is good, but I don't have any to check the grams of sugar for you.

Craig worked on the water some and I think it is better, but we get our water from a cold, natural spring and I think the main problem is lack of rain. Thankfully it is raining tonight and is forecast to rain all day tomorrow.

Sean played tonight for the opening ribbon cutting of the new high school that he goes too. (Nevermind that it has been open since he went to band camp in July) It was a "photo op" for the school board and they were all there with bells on. The kids played the national anthem and sounded great!
Old 09-12-2006, 09:11 PM   #27  
Bustin' Buddy

Hey my friends!

I’m back on track over here. Whoop Whoop! Not much happening. I got a call from daycare today – Alexis was running fever 101. By the time we got home it was 104! So, I called my friend that’s a pharmacist and she told me what to do! So, she’s resting peacefully right now. I have to give her more Tylenol at 9:30. I hate to wake her up once she’s sleeping – that’s always risky – she may not go back to sleep!!

I’m going to bring her to the doctor tomorrow so I’m going to miss some work. Oh well….I just hate to because I’m going to be missing some work within the next month due to court dates, meetings for Alexis, doctor appts., etc. I just don’t like missing and I’ll be missing or leaving early 4 more times in the next month.

Well, let me play catch up before I go scrap book!

TALITHA: I hope the car situation works out soon! WTG with getting new “team” members under you!!

FILLISE: I know – big game this weekend – hopefully I’ll get to watch it. I just can’t sit down and watch games anymore like I used to! Did you see my birthday wish? Hope you had a good one – have fun at the game for me! I’m sorry Miss Belle is going through all of that. I know that’s like your child! Hope she perks up soon!

SOLLY: Yep – I’ve been doing good again with my eating. I don’t have any pom poms yet for Alexis but they are coming! She’s just too cute in that little outfit! Saturday, Terry was like “After her nap we need to put her outfit on ok?” He was too cute!!

BOB: Hey girl…how ya feeling these days?

TONI: I hear ya on not eating exactly on plan. That scale will show you too! Some days I want to just throw it through the window!! Don’t think we’ll be turning off our air anytime soon! I can’t wait for the first cool snap!

GINCON: Welcome to the board! I try not to give advice because I’m so on again off again that I don’t feel like I’m in any position to counsel others!! HA! But, I am here for support and I promise not to rag you too much during football season!

MONET: You just gotta love when something spills in your car!! UGH!! I hate when that happens! Hope you are feeling a little perkier!! A dip in the pool sounds great!

THIN: I sure wish it was Friday! This week is dragging for me too! Hope you get your water situation under control soon!

Well, I’m off – I’ll be back tomorrow being that I’ll be home with Alexis!

Missy
Old 09-13-2006, 10:39 AM   #28  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Thin, both you and Monet having water problems and both leaving thise weekend. Sure hope they get it fixed quickly.

Monet, poor Tom, seems like he has be doing plumbing all summer.

Toni, how's the coming this week.

Good Wednesday morning,

It is still dreary here. I think the sun is due back tomorrow. Hopefully. Made it to the gym last night for a good 45 minutes of lower body workout and 15 minutes on the bike. I am sore today. It had been awhile since I did those exercises.

Tonight we are having "taco pie". A recipe I got from Kraftfoods.com. It is all legal and quick. Check it out.

Ginger, not only do you have to read labels, but also the ingredients. Some foods like milk, tomatoes, have natural sugars. Your grocery shopping will take a lot longer now. Don't you just hate men that can eat and eat and never gain. It must be so frustrating for you. My DH eats tons more than me, but he has developed a beer gut so he eats whatever I fix.

Missy, sure hope Alexis is feeling better today and it was a quick bug. That's the bad thing about being a working mom, it is so hard to take off work. I would think it would be harder for a teacher.

Better go for now.
Old 09-13-2006, 11:48 AM   #29  

Its raining here. I did not get my walk this morning due to the rain. I am hoping it stops enough to get in a walk this afternoon. I am waiting on James to be ready to go on an errand. I have been waiting two hours...

I spent some time trying to calm Kaeleb down while his parents were sleeping. He would not be consoled and he is screaming now. He is a fussy baby. I hope he is a sweeter toddler!

I can't believe how late I slept this morning! I woke up when Tom got up and after he left, I went back to sleep and slept until 8:30! That is very unlike me! I usually get up at 7 at the latest no matter what day of the week it is! I think I needed the rest. I feel destressed now.

I need to go light a fire under James. Man, he is SO slow!
Old 09-13-2006, 12:29 PM   #30  

Hello all... Just got off the treadmill. I've got in three days so far. Hopeing for a full week. So far I've done really good at eating. My trouble time is in the afternoon, I want to snack. Breakfast was hot cereal by Kashi and lunch will be leftover chinese. Will probably make salmon for dinner. Its cool here this morning but I guess tomorrow it will get warm again. That means the air has to go back on.

ginger- If you want to make your own spraggetti sauce I have a recipe thats pretty good. It makes allot so I freeze it.

Thin- How nice you get spring water. Ours comes from a well and when I go into town and have to drink the water it nearly gags me. Hope your water problems are over when it rains.

Fruit- I'm so sorry Alexis is sick. I hope the doctor will put her in the mend soon. Hows the scrapbooking coming?

Solly- Taco pie sounds wonderful. Do you just go to Kraft foods to get the recipe? I'm hungry for something meaty and cheesey... LOL

Monet- Hope you got out to go do your errands. I got up at 8:30 to and think I'll have to set my alarm so I can start getting back to getting up at 7.

Well I'm off I need to find out why my email is not going out.
Closed Thread