Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

Closed Thread

Old 04-28-2006, 09:04 AM   #46  

Good Morning!~ Testing will be over after this morning! Today is the social studies portion and Rachel is worried. She always has great grades, but seems to have more trouble out of science and social studies. I'm sure she'll do fine. We went to her spring chorus concert last night and it was wonderful. It's hard to remember that it's a middle school group. They have won all superiors at festivals this year for 7th and 8th grades and have an awesome teacher. I'm looking forward to many more great things over the next few years.

We will be traveling to downtown atlanta, near Ga Tech, tomorrow and Sunday for dance competition. So I will probably not be on this weekend. Hope it is a great one for everyone!
Old 04-28-2006, 09:25 AM   #47  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Happy Friday Ladies

Finally things have slowed down a little and I have time to post. Decided not to go to the gym alone last night. Instead I hit the for 30 minutes while I watched my soap and then did some lower body floor exercises. So that made 4 days of exercise this week. I am happy with that.

We have the start of Derby activities now. Tomorrow we will go watch the runners in the mini marathon. The balloon race is tomorrow too but we will miss it. we may go to the balloon glow tonight. Sunday I have to clean and get all my bunco prizes. I have it at my house the week after Derby and won't have any time next week to do it.

Fit into a new pair of jeans today. That is a good feeling. I have noticed my pants are bigger.

bf: mini ww bagel with cream cheese, lite
lunch, ww tortillia with cheese and jalapenos, salsa, tangerine
dinner; ???

Monet, I'm so glad you levels are reaching normal. See all that exercise and stict diet has helped. I know how you feel about the wt gain from the meds. I fight the same battle. But considering the alternative, we have to take them. You are doing so great with all this, we are very proud of you and you have been a great motivation. My RA is better, they added back another med so I think it is helping. Even my feet seem a little better.

Tech, you have been a busy bee. You will have to take pics of all your handiwork.

Bob, hope you got a good night's rest.

Toni, Monet's recipe for roasting the asparagus is what I do too. Sometimes I fix it in a skillet with butter and lemon, but prefer the roasting. The tops get crispy and taste nutty. Have a great weekend.

Thin, good luck at the competition, Bring back 1st place.

Have a great day and a wonderful weekend.
Old 04-28-2006, 12:13 PM   #48  
Addicted to potato salad!

Just got in from getting Kyle from preschool. While he was there, I had to take Shelley's overnight stuff to a friend's house in Clayton. I had to bring her dress-up stuff because tomorrow she has something called NYSSMA...not exactly what that stands for, but I know New York State and Music are in there...but she's taking clarinet and she goes to Watertown and gets judged on a solo on how well she does. So, I brought her clarinet and things to her friend's house and they're going to practice. I pick her up in the morning and take her to town.

I went to a kindergarten meeting last night for the fall. I'm going to be so heart broken when he goes. I really have to find a job so I can stay sane. Maybe I'll see if they need anyone at the library or something. I have a friend that is a substitute teacher and she says that they hardly ever call her because they like to have the certified teachers and we're not certified (in other words, we haven't gone to school to become a teacher). So, that will be nice, but only if I can get a few teaching opportunities. Oh, well. I can always just sit home and cry.

Okay...off to make lunch.

Hi monet!!
Old 04-28-2006, 12:35 PM   #49  

Thank you thank you I can't wait to try the recipe for asparagus. Yummy does that ever sound good. I had some just cooked in a skillet last night. Will roast it tonight. Would love to try it on the grill. I did so good eating and with my water yesterday. I was so proud. For BF- slice of peanut butter toast, small bowl of strawberries with a little lite cool whip and coffee. Lunch- organic enchiladas made with vegetables no meat. Don't know all whats for dinner tonight. Will have to see what DH is in the mood for. Guess we'll go grocery shopping after lunch today. Its supposed to rain later today so hope we're done by then. I've fought the morning with my puppy Jackson. He's been into everything. So I have to keep getting up and chasing after him. Gee he's wearing me out! Better go get dressed....
Old 04-28-2006, 12:47 PM   #50  
BIG ORANGE FOOTBALL RULES

MONET...I'm off this afternoon to take Kate to the Dr and I'll ask him then about the strips. I'll let y'all know what he says. I bet he has a meter there and will prick my finger! OUCH!

BOB
Old 04-28-2006, 02:45 PM   #51  

Hey everyone! I spent the morning shopping for this conference I am doing the lunch for tomorrow. I still need to get more stuff...but am taking a breather in between. Ruth came over to hang out with Laura and they are going swimming. Brave girls! Its still chilly here!

Lunch was indeed a salad and a couple hands full of my special mix of nuts. (macadamias, walnuts and almonds) I am sitting here drinking a second diet coke and waiting another 20 minutes until I can check my glucose levels to see how my amounts at lunch were. Once I am done, I am going to head off to Publix for the bagels and muffins for tomorrow morning, then run them to the church and maybe spend some time putting some of the stuff into the bags for the lunch tomorrow.

I emailed Pancho to see how she was and got a nice long reply. She is finally over that ear infection she had the last time she posted. They are just busy busy busy. She is maintaining, and keeping up with her exercise. The girls are looking forward to summer break. She said Lane has been sick a lot this year, and she has picked up a good bit of the bugs from her. Sounded like she would try and get on and catch up soon, but she had a few weeks until school was out, and things would calm down.

Ok, off to get my bg tested, then to the store....and I need to get my walk in sometime today too!

Old 04-28-2006, 02:46 PM   #52  

BOB: I have little sympathy for you and the finger pricking. I do that five to seven times a DAY. I will be anxious to hear what it is.
Old 04-28-2006, 03:03 PM   #53  

All I have time for before I get ready for work is a quick hi. We had lunch out and I ordered a hamburger, salad and ate about 5 fries. Not to bad. Working 3to 9 and will have the weekend off. Yeah!
I didn't have time even to read the current posts so hope all are well and will have fun this weekend.
My window treatments are up that I ordered for the living room, bedroom and bath and dining room. I like them!
Gotta go, KayeC
Old 04-28-2006, 09:23 PM   #54  

Dinner tonight was spinach salad. I used spinach out of the garden. Yum! I put bacon and hard boiled eggs in it. We ate kind of late, as Tom was late getting in from work. They are watching a movie, and in a little while, I have to run over to the church and drop off another load of stuff for the conference. Then I have to be back there at 7 in the morning to set up.

I am terribly achy tonight. Everything hurts. I would like to go to bed now, but that is not going to happen. I have several hours worth of work first.

I will check in tomorrow...hopefully, I will not be talking to myself when I do!

Old 04-29-2006, 12:50 PM   #55  

HELLO FROM FLORIDA!!

It's a strange weather day down here today...wind is really blowing, no humidity, and the temp is WONDERFUL!!!

Went to the Doc yesterday. I got on the scales and almost ! I'm ashamed to tell y'all that I've climbed steadedly back up to 292lbs!
He gave me a script for the strips and the meter, and I took it to the Drugstore, but I can't get the strips until Monday. I'll pick up my meter then too. THey have one there that allows you to not use your fingertips all the time (good for me because my work is my fingertips!). You can also stick in your arms or torso. I'm anxious to do this as I know it's going to be over the
rainbow. He also gave me TRICOR (cholesterol) to start. We already know that my cholesterol and triglycerides are out of this world.
I've got the grill ready to go and the chicken is in the freezer waiting to thawed. I have to go to the grocery and pick up my veggies. My menu will consist of
PROTEIN (CHICKEN OR FISH)
VEGGIES
SALAD OR SLAW
YOGURT
NUTS
LIMITED DAIRY

Portions are my problem. I have my scale ready and anxious to go.

There it is...laid out for all to see. Please be easy with me (I know MONET won't) as I am a delicate flower!

BOB
Old 04-29-2006, 01:53 PM   #56  

My dearest BOB, I will be gentle with you! But FIRM. Love is tough.

We survived the conference job. Laura is awesome with these things, and we were sitting around waiting for it to be time to put things out. We made about 68 lunches, but there were only about 50 folks there. We snitched four bags on the way out. We just finished two of them...though I did not eat the cookies or chips, and left as much bread as I could off the sandwich.

I need to go walk, but I already have over 7 thousand steps! Catering involves being on your feet, and walking a lot, even though it is in small spurts.

I think I may take a nap, then go for a walk. I woke up this morning at 5, and was feeling a bit stressed about the conference, and could not go back to sleep. Now that it is over, I am feeling rather relaxed and might be able to sleep.

I'll be back later!

Old 04-29-2006, 05:51 PM   #57  

OH....MONET....Did I tell you that I got a PEDOMETER???? It talks, has an alarm (that went off at 5 a.m. and sent Kate into a freenzy!)...it does all kinds of things....AND IT WAS FREE!!!!

BOB
Old 04-29-2006, 06:27 PM   #58  

BOB: Where did you get it? Sounds cool! I just have a cheap Omron, from Wally world, but it is fairly accurate and does the job. I have 11,386 steps so far today....We went for a walk and just got back.
Old 04-30-2006, 05:06 PM   #59  

Man, this is pathetic. Where is everyone?

I just got in from Target a bit ago. I bought a new pocketbook. I am the type that uses one until it falls apart, so I got a leather one. It has lots of pockets and zippers...which I love! I also bought a pair of khaki pants...they are a bit too tight in the waist, so I have something to work towards. I am disappointed, as I hoped to wear them to school this week.

Not much else happening...Tom just got in from running and when he gets out of the shower it will be about time to leave for evening church service.

Old 04-30-2006, 06:02 PM   #60  

Good Sunday Afternoon,
Well just wanted to say Hi before I go fix supper which will be fried pork chops and brown rice and veggies.
Had coffee this morning with a friend and I must say it is a real blessing to sit down with a woman friend and gab your brains out.
Picked up a couple of paperbacks and then went shoe shopping and found some cute brown sandals with silver flowers on them. I would call them thongs but my teenage boys have a fit when I do. So I guess they are fancy leather flip flops!

Bob, pick yourself off the floor and push forward. Your menu acutally sounds great cause I could eat slaw daily and never get tired of it. And barbecued chicken is my all time favorite!
Do you take for granted living in Florida? Cause just the name of your state sounds like vacation to me.

Monet, hope your daughter is feeling better. Infections really knock you out!

Off to fix supper.

KayeC
Closed Thread