Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

Closed Thread

Old 04-19-2006, 12:54 PM   #31  

Howdy all.... I was supposed to go to Wal Mart today but backed out. I'll have to go Friday so why waste the gas and money to go over today. So I'm being lazy. Jackson woke me up at 2 this morning running around on the bed. So got up and took him out so he could potty. So I'm dragging a bit today. Had my ww bagel with cream cheese for breakfast with coffee. I don't know what I'll do for lunch. Dinner is going to be shrimp scampi and some leftovers. Its in the 70's today and beautiful. I love spring weather. Better run DH will be home in 20 min. and I need to figure out lunch.
Old 04-19-2006, 02:01 PM   #32  

Jsut dropping in real quick. I made it to water arobics this morning. My back has been so bad the last few days. I littlerally can't move and my legs just give out beneath me. I'm not lifting the kids or doing anything. THe chiropractor helps, but I can't drag the kids there every day. I'm thinking about breaking down and taking the darvocet again. I know they say it's safe for the baby but I was hoping to avoid it altogether.

Trav is starting to get the plumbing lines in for the bathroom. Last night he got to a point where he was missing something, so I now have no water in the kitchen. All we have is a toilet and the tub going. We are using paper plates and everything but I hate not being able to get water!! Hopefully he will have the new bathroom sink in by this weekend. It's so beautiful. It wasn't cheap but I had to have it. It's just MADE to bathe a new baby in. IT's an oval white basin that sits on tip of a white cabinet. Beautiful. ANd the oval shape will look gorgeous with the clawfoot tup, when we get that done!!

Trav's Home!!! What's he doing home at 2? I'll be back...
Old 04-19-2006, 04:00 PM   #33  
Sonya

Hi all,
Just a fly by. I'm fine still very very busy. My sisters wedding is this coming Friday evening and I am very busy getting everything together in the food department. I just wanted to drop by and say hi everyone.

Monet--So glad to hear your doing well now.

Take care everyone and when this wedding is over hopefully I will get back to posting more often.
Old 04-19-2006, 04:57 PM   #34  

Hello everyone! I got in from school just a bit ago. I chilled and read emails. I have an article that has been accepted and published in Pack-O-Fun magazine. Its a craft magazine for kids. I am excited! I got the free copies of the magazine yesterday, and hopefully the check will arrive soon. The pay is not great, but its fun. They want me to submit more.

School was very stressful and my lunch time bg levels showed it. They were very high. The class just before lunch has the chemistry of a toxic waste dump. The kids are demanding, whiney, and way too talkative. I have to sit on them constantly. We hardly get anything done because if I can't talk with out having to raise my voice to be heard, I just sit, or stand there until they get quiet. Often, they never do! I finally got them going on the project and it was about time to go. When I got the last one out the door, and sat down to test, I was frazzled. I was very disappointed in the number. Especially since this morning I had my lowest reading yet, and my lunch time one is usually even lower.

I was also disappointed to hop on the scale and see I have gained seven pounds. I am sure its water, but it is still disheartening with everything else. I am walking two miles a day, doing some weights, and my eating is stellar.

I need to go work on dinner, but I am feeling awfully draggy and tired. I may go lay down for a bit. Naw, I am planning meatloaf for dinner so I ought to get it in the oven.

Old 04-19-2006, 05:16 PM   #35  
BIG ORANGE FOOTBALL RULES

Church Phone - $10,000 Phone Call

A man in Topeka , Kansas , decided to write a book about churches

around the country. He started by flying to San Francisco , and started

working east from there. Going to a very large church, he began taking

photographs and making notes.

He spotted a golden telephone on the vestibule wall, and was

intrigued with a sign which read, "$10,000 per minute."

Seeking out the pastor, he asked about the phone and the sign. The

pastor answered that the golden phone is, in fact, a direct line to

Heaven, and if he pays the price, he can talk directly to God. The man

thanked the pastor and continued on his way. As he continued to visit

churches in Seattle , Salt Lake City , Denver , Chicago , Milwaukee ,

and around the United States , he found more such phones, with the same

sign, and the same explanation from each pastor

Finally, the man arrived in the lovely state of Kentucky . Upon entering

a church, behold: he saw the usual golden telephone. But THIS time, the

sign read: "Calls: 25 cents"!

Fascinated, the man asked to speak with the pastor. "Reverend, I have

been in cities all across the country and in each church I have found

this golden telephone, and have been told it is a direct line to Heaven,

and that I could use it to talk to God. But in 20 other churches, the

cost was $10,000 per minute. Your sign says 25 cents per call.

Why is that?"

(I just love this part!) scroll down!

The pastor, smiling benignly, replied: "Son, you're in Kentucky now,

and it's a local call."

THE RADIO

Just when you have lost faith in human kindness, someone who teaches at

a Middle School in Safety Harbor, Florida forwarded the following letter:

The letter was sent to the principal's office after the school had

sponsored a luncheon for the elderly.

An old lady received a new radio at the lunch as a door prize and was

writing to say thank you.

This story is a credit to all human kind. Forward to anyone you know

who might need a lift today!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dear Safety Harbor Middle School:

God bless you for the beautiful radio won at your recent senior citizens luncheon.

I am 84 years old and live at the Safety Harbor Assisted Home for the Aged.

All of my family has passed away. I am all alone now and it's nice to know that someone is thinking of me.

God bless you for your kindness to an old forgotten lady. My roommate is 95 and always had her own radio, but before I received one, she would never let me listen to hers, even when she was napping. The other day her radio fell off the nightstand and broke into a lot of pieces. It was awful and she was in tears. She asked if she could listen to mine,

and I told her to kiss my ***.

Thank you for that opportunity.

Sincerely, Edna Walters
Old 04-19-2006, 05:29 PM   #36  

Well, Trav stayed home for the afternoon. When he got here the kids had jsut gone down for a nap. It was so nice!! We had 2 hours of jsut sitting at the diningroom table, both working form home. It was so wonderful!! I'm so excited about his promotion and that it's already taking some stress off. He doesn't actually start the new position until we get back from the bahamas. I can't believe only 5 days left!!!!

And we just decided that we are going to Orlando in September. There is a 2 day Arbonne training that I really want to go to. Now that Travis is a District Manager, he could use the traning, too. We will stay a few extra days for our first family vacation. My sister will be going with us to watch the kids. Instead of paying her, she will get my car. Well, she's going to do some extra babysitting on top of it. BUt not a bad trade. So I've got till January when she gets her liscense to get my Mercedes. I'm shooting for September so that we can drive it to on the trip. I don't want to put 3 car seats in the Passat, but I'll live with it till I get my free car.

I have a OB appointemnt tomorrow, and my 1 hour blood sugar test. UGh. NOT looking forward to it at all. I got on the scale this morning and was the same as last week, so not bad. We'll see what they way.

I think I may join Butterfly Life after the baby is born. I'll stick to SB legal foods, but I do really well with the structure of the meetings. It's like a morph of Curves and Weight WAtchers. They have the 1/2 hour workouts, but they also have weekly meetings for you to go to liek weight watchers but the meetings INCLUDE a workout together and more focused traning. I don't think it would be in confilict with SB. What do you think? I reallyw ant to take this seriously and get this weight off. I may only gain 15 lbs pregnant, but that's becasue I start out at 190. If I treat it like I need to lose 50, like the average woman after pregnancy, I may be able to be more motivated?

Ok, I'm totally rambling, so I'll stop

Monet- Those kids sound horrible. I would be stressed from that, too! Private school kids....ppthhht.... Did I tell you that I managed the caffeteria for Mount Paran private school one year? It was an eye openner after being homeschooled. EVen after college. I'll be keeping my kids home, thanks! That weight will come off. Do you take fiber?

Thunder- have fun at the wedding!

Solly- Ok, spill it!! what soap are you watching? I never get to watch TV, but every now and then I watch Passions because I like the spanish. I'm such a dork!! I watch it like twice a month.

Teensy- We're trying to decide what wood flooring to do. We want wood but really cehap. Trav can put in real hardwoods and stain it, so we'll see. I think we are going to go for 3 inch white ceramic tile for the bathroom. It jsut fits the antique look the best.
Old 04-19-2006, 06:18 PM   #37  
Addicted to potato salad!

Talitha: You literally exhaust me to read your posts. You have SO many irons in the fire...you're like the Duracell Bunny. And the mere thought of THREE carseats . So, does your husband work for Arbonne, too?

Monet: Your art class sounds like my old Monday School (Monday version of Sunday school at church). I really wanted to super glue their pants to the seats and stick socks in all their mouths. My favorite saying in class was, "God gave you two ears and one mouth because he wants you to talk half as much as you listen." The pastor was impressed with that one, but the kids didn't quite get it.

Bob: You always make me laugh...

Thunder: Good luck with the wedding!

Toni: I'm totally in your shoes...I need to go to Walmart, but I don't want to spend $10 in gas to go there and back...my Walmart is about a half hour drive on country roads.

Colleen: I'd go with the expensive carpet. Reason being is that you're going to have to sit and look at it for, say, 10 years, and if you don't have something you absolutely LOVE, you'll be regretting it. And think of how proud you'll be to have people come in and see it. Go for the good stuff!! YOu have my permission...

Solly: Thursday night pies are definitely a good thing to put behind you. Talk about torture!! I finally had to take the kids Easter baskets to their rooms so I would stop popping malted milk ball eggs. I LOVE those!!

Kaye: Bathing Suit Shopping!! Scary!!

Okay...so...like I've been doing SO-SO eating wise. I've gone for long walks every day with the kids. It is absolutely GORGEOUS out here this week. Like, in the 70's!! Took Kyle and Shelley to the river and it was literally hot out. The river was flat, seagulls flying overhead, Junior doing his best to bring down the water level drinking like crazy. Yesterday, there was a really cool ship going by with the same background. SO beautiful. Good for the soul!

Last night the three of us stayed over at my mom's house to watch American Idol together. THAT was fun...We all showed up in our pajamas and slippers. But I had Cherrios and an english muffin for breakfast and coffee with...skim milk... Forgot to bring my half n half. But for lunch I had two oranges (they were small and REALLY good) and some egg salad (you know, the pastel kind we have after Easter from teh colored eggs) on Triscuits. Then for dinner I had sauteed scallops with a third of a cantaloupe, broccoli and a mini WW bagel. I know, too much grains, especially since my scandalously enriched breakfast, but I was sorta hungry. At least I didn't swipe anymore milkball eggs from the kids baskets!!

Talk to you guys later!!

Kris
Old 04-19-2006, 08:20 PM   #38  

Psssst!!! Hey BOB!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

I hope you have a wonderful day!
Old 04-19-2006, 11:33 PM   #39  
Sonya

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BOB!!!!!!!!!!

And many many more!!!

Have a wonderful birthday!!!
Old 04-20-2006, 12:28 AM   #40  

Happy Birthday BOB!!
Old 04-20-2006, 04:39 AM   #41  

THANKS FOR THE EARLY WISHES!!

AND I DO MEAN EARLY!! I've been up since 3:30 a.m. I'm drinking my coffee and getting ready to go shower. I'll go in a 6a.m. and get off at 2:30 p.m. No big plans for today except Kate and I are going to get our hair cut after work. Birthday dinner will be on Sunday. We're all going to SHELLS for some fresh SEAFOOD!! YUM...I already know what I want, and that will be SHRIMP SCAMPI!!!

I'm off to stand under the water! I'll see y'all this afternoon!

BOB
Old 04-20-2006, 05:11 AM   #42  

One afternoon a wealthy lawyer was riding in his limousine when he saw two men along the roadside eating grass.

Disturbed, he ordered his driver to stop and got out to
investigate. He asked one man, "Why are you eating grass?"

"We don't have any money for food," the poor man replied

"We have to eat grass." "Well, then, you can come with me to my house and I'll feed you," the lawyer said.

"But sir, I have a wife and two children with me. They are over there, under that tree." "Bring them along," the lawyer replied

Turning to the other poor man he stated, "You come with us also." The second man, in a pitiful voice then said, "But sir, I also have a wife and SIX children with me!"

"Bring them all, as well," the lawyer answered. They all entered the car which was no easy task, even for a car
as large as the limousine. Once underway, one of the poor fellows turned to the lawyer and said, "Sir, you are too kind. Thank you for taking all of us with you."

The lawyer replied, "Glad to do it. You'll really love my
place; the grass is almost a foot high!"
Old 04-20-2006, 08:43 AM   #43  
Addicted to potato salad!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO OUR BIG ORANGE BABE!! WE LOVE YOU!!

Old 04-20-2006, 09:04 AM   #44  
Little Engine That Could

Hey BOB-- Have a great day!
Old 04-20-2006, 09:30 AM   #45  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Good morning ladies

It is supposed to be 80 here today. Getting hot already, but I love it.

Bunco was fun last night. She had a really legal dinner, chicken salad, asparagus, rosemary potatoes (not legal), fruit and a gouda-pecan cheese that was wonderful. I'm sure the crackers were note ww even though they were very dark. Plus she had some hot white bread. All in all, pretty good and legal. No dessert.

I did manage to get a mile in on the before I went. Hopefully, we will get to the gym tonight.

BOB, Happy Birthday, Hope you have a special day and a wonderful dinner on Sunday.

Toni, with the price of gas now, we have to consolidate our trips. Have a great day.

Thunder, good luck with all the wedding preperations. That is a big job.

Monet, I'm sorry those kids are so bad. I just don't understand why kids do not respect their teachers any more and parents don't do much to inforce it. If you are walking and eating right, don't pay any attention to that scale. I know it is hard, but hang in there.

Talitha, I'm so jealous of you going to the Bahamas in 5 days. Have a great trip. Are you taking the kids? I think you have to do what works for you in losing wt. But no matter, you can still come here. We would miss you if you didn't. PS I watch All My Children. Have watched it for 34 years. We watch it during our lunch hour.

Tech, you are lucky to have such beautiful surroundings to walk. Enjoy. Maybe the reason you were so hungry yesterday was from all the grains. I find when I eat carbs, it makes me hungry. The pies really didn't bother me. But I'm glad to have my night free again.

have a great day
Closed Thread