3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Sugar Shakers (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/sugar-shakers-62/)
-   -   Sugar Busters Weekly Support Board 4/10 - 4/16 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/sugar-shakers/81257-sugar-busters-weekly-support-board-4-10-4-16-a.html)

Ellen 04-09-2006 10:07 PM

Sugar Busters Weekly Support Board 4/10 - 4/16

:welcome: Welcome to Sugarbusters! :welcome:

This is the Sugarbusters support board, where anyone following, or interested in following, Sugarbusters is welcome to come for discussion, and support. We hope you will become a part of our great group!

We try to have different themes for different days of the week.

MONDAY: MMM, or Metal Monster Monday, is when we weigh in, and post our progress. This is voluntary.

TUESDAY: Is tip day- we try to share a tip, or two to help each other.

WEDNESDAY: Is Wonderful Wednesday. On Wednesdays, we share something wonderful about our selves, or our lives.

THURSDAY: Is Thirst Day! A reminder to drink your water! Its a good day to share a recipe too! :)

FRIDAY: Is FF, for Friday funnies. Everyone needs a laugh on Friday!

You are welcome to post questions, vent frustrations, whatever, but please be respectful of others and their beliefs.

Please take some time to check out our extensive recipe boards. Our RECIPE BOARDS can be located at the link below:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=89

Look for our QUARTERLY RECIPE BOARDS to post your favorite recipes and to see the most recently posted recipes. Recipes from the quarterly boards will be archived in proper categories at some point.

We have FIVE INFORMATIVE BOARDS!!!! Please take a few minutes to visit them! The boards are listed below as well as the link that will take you to the boards:

THE RECOMMENDED READING BOARD
THE TOOLS & TIPS BOARD
THE FOOD INFORMATION BOARD
MOTIVATIONAL & INSPIRING THOUGHTS BOARD
MY FAVORITE SB LEGAL FOODS

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=89

We also have a SB WEEKLY EXERCISE BOARD that you can log your daily/weekly exercises on which is located on our weekly support board:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=81256

NEWBIES: To post a reply, please hit reply and NOT new thread

Ellen 04-10-2006 08:02 AM

Challenges!

:carrot: Exercise at least three times and post it!

:carrot::carrot: Plan your menu! Remember, if you fail to plan, you plan to fail!

:carrot::carrot::carrot: Set a reward for yourself for a small goal...and share what it is.

We can do this, so let's do it! Make this a great week!

Ellen 04-10-2006 08:08 AM

It is MMM...and I am down 2.5 pounds. While I like how the scale looks, the weight loss is NOT good for me right now because it is due to being ketotic. I am trying not to worry.

Tonight, I am fixing dinner for the leadership at church. I am making meatloaf, potatoes, and salad. Not sure what I will fix for dessert...maybe strawberry shortcakes.

I need to go walk in a bit...but I may crawl back in bed first for a while. I woke up in the middle of the night and had a terrible time going back to sleep.

:wave:

Solly 04-10-2006 08:31 AM

Hi ladies.

Hope everyone had a great weekend. Ours was filled with errands and yard work. We worked out in the yard all day yesterday. I had a quit reprieve as I had to get my hair cut and colored after church so DH got started w/o me. I shoveled mulch for several hours, so that should count as some exercise.

MMM has me the same again this week. Frustrating. I haven't exercised since Wed so I can only blame myself. It is warming up this week, so I may start walking at lunch.

Monet, sorry to hear about the diabetise. I know you are down about it, but think about it as being your nudge in the right direction to keep you on plan and exercising. At least it is a disease that is controllable. It's up to you. I agree with Tech, at least SB has helped you for a long time.

BF; protein shake
lunch: salad, mushrooms, onions, red cabbage, cheese, leftover steak.
dinner: chicken wild rice, mixed veggies
We will get to the gym tonight.

Have a great day. Will try to check back later.

ThinWithin225 04-10-2006 10:39 AM

MMM is not good this morning. I had a bad eating weekend:devil: , but hopefully I can get back on the wagon (for the upteenth time) and get back on track shortly!~

Monet- Good vibes that your bg levels will continue to fall!:goodvibes

kengjw 04-10-2006 12:23 PM

Good afternoon,

Spring break is over and Jess is back to school. I kind of miss having her with me. We had a great week, didn't do too much but enough to keep us going. My fav highlight was our picnic at the park with some neighbors. It was a lot of fun.

Chris is growing so fast and he has started to crawl. His first 2 bottom teeth are also out but he is miserable. Hopefully tonight will be better :)

MONET : You have wonderful spirit and I love that about you. I know your blood sugar will be under-controlled soon :)

SOLLY : Dh and I did some yardwork yesterday as well. We planted few tress in and some shrubs but still have lots to do. The weeds are taking over so I need to get out there to get rid of them :( Not fun at all. Hope you have a great day too.

THIN : Today is a new day, you can do it!

Oops, time to pick up Jess from school. Good day everyone.

Julia

Teensybean 04-10-2006 01:37 PM

Good Morning--

Raining again today, I am starting to think that we live in Seattle!! It has been so wet lately. And they are calling for rain most of the week too. I want to get out and get some yard work done, but it is just too wet yet. Buddy and I haven't even been able to walk for awhile either....

Monet-- Sorry to hear about your diabetes. I am sure that you will get it under control, you are a strong woman, and are very determined. You already know how to eat right, so that is half the battle.

Solly-- Yard work is exercise!! Sometimes a better workout than you can get anywhere else!!

Thin-- Hello!!

Keng-- I bet the kids are growing like weeds, huh? It doesn't take long for babies to grow up. It is nice to see you posting again.

Will try to get back here later........

GatorGal 04-10-2006 03:21 PM

Monet--I have been reading your latest posts with much interest and concern. I am so sorry you are having to face this "hassle" and hope things get under control really soon. There is so much I don't understand about all of this kind of stuff. With my limited knowledge, it seems like your body has been insulin resistant all this time, and recently has become just enough more insulin resistant to put you into the diabetic category. Is this right? Am I totally off base here? So you are having to do blood sugar tests--is this kind of like those meters I see advertised on TV where you prick your finger? Are you having to take any insulin by mouth or by injection to get you "over the hump" until diet and exercise gets your blood sugar stabilized? I have to say that this has really captured my attention, especially since you are our leader. We are all in this with you, and not only learn from you, but pray FOR you and have you on our mind. Your situation is somewhat of a wake-up call for me, because I could easily slip over into diabetes also. I am trying now to be much more aware about how much I eat and attempting to not let those little cheats keep happening in my life. We continue to learn from you and constantly appreciate your sharing your "new experience" with us as well as valuing your faithfulness and encouragement.

My weight was up .5 pounds this week. :( Hopefully next week it will be down.

Where is Cindy? I haven't "seen" here for several days.

Talitha, is everything going OK for you?

Colleen, it is always nice to see how things are going for you. I hope the sun starts shining soon in your neck of the woods.

Hi Solly, even though you didn't have a loss this week, your ticker is slowly moving d-o-w-n! So that is good. And you don't have TOO far to go before you reach your goal.

Hope everyone has a great day.

KayeC 04-10-2006 04:22 PM

Hi SB Buddies, I worked all weekend so today felt like my weekend! I went and had coffee at my favorite coffee shop and then went shopping at Dillards and found some dishes for my new china cabinet that was marked down! They are not real china but are pretty and make sense with two teenage boys in the house.

I'm having chicken salad in ww pita bread tonight.
Breakfast was the new whole grain cinnamon and raisin twist bread from pepperidge farm. (to any newbies no raisins are not legal! but sometimes I have a craving for them so I just keep it to a minimum and at least the bread was whole wheat)
3 small sausages and hot tea

Lunch was more a snack a half a turkey sandwich.

I need to get some vegetables in tonight as well.
We need to do some yard work tonight. At least get started because we have a lot to do.

KayeC

Toni48 04-10-2006 05:03 PM

Good afternoon; Today has been busy. Starting with a friend coming this morning for tea. We're planning a trip to my sister's for Easter week end. She lives about 3 hours away. I'm so excited to get to spend the whole week end there. They have a puppy to so it will be hectic. I can't wait.
Anyway I've started getting ready. I'm slow and it takes me forever to get ready to go anywhere. Eating has been pretty good. I still haven't gotten on the scale. I don't want anything to get me off track. Soon I'm sure I won't be able to resist. Sorry I have to run..... Have a happy day....

Talitha 04-10-2006 06:09 PM

Hey Ladies,

Life is crazy as usual over here. I'm 27 weeks now and suddenly realize I have NOTHING ready for this baby. I'm gonna need to go digging in the attic this week. Luckily a summer baby can live in onsies, right? Jake was born in January so a good bit of his stuff won't be usable.

I got on the scale like an idiot this AM. Is had me 10 lbs up from the DR visit jsut 2 weeks ago!!!! THere's NO WAY I gained 10 lbs in 2 weeks. My clothes don't feel different, my belly doesn't look bigger. I'm going to weigh again tomorrow. At my last appointment I hadn't really gained a lb yet.

We've had a bit of 'family crisis' with my youngest brother, and of course, I'm the one who always has to make a stand. It's depressing and hard. You all know how much time I spend at my parents house normally. Well now we aren't going over there at all. We will only see them if we meet in a neutral location, or if they want to come here. It's really going to change a lot in my life and especially with the baby coming. I'm trying not to be depressed about it. My sister is so lucky that she lives in IL, so she doen't have to deal with being 'bad' keeping the grandkids away. My kids are jsut not safe around my brother, and my parents refuse to get him any treatment, testing or therapy. He's almost 14 now and it's starting to be very dangerous.

We bought a gas grill yesterday and I'm sooo excited!!! We are goign to grill all summer! We made burgers last night on WW buns. THey were so good!

For tonight I have a roast in the crockpot with carrots and turnips. We'll see how that turns out. I'm going to broil some sweet potato wedges, too and we have steamed squash and zuccini.

My menu today
B: 1/2 large grapefruit, 1/2 mango
s: protein smoothie w strawberries and 1/2 banana
L: turkey and cheese sandwich with tons of lettuce and tomato on SGWW
D: Roast with turnips and carrots, sweet potato wedges, steamed squash and zuccini

I asked this before, but I don't knwo if anyone respnded. Do Turnips cout as a carb? Are they ok?

MONET: Down is always a good thing :) WHat's this abotu diabetes? I'm going to have to find time to read last weeks's posts!

SOlly: I need to do yardwork, but I'm terrified of what it may do to my back. It's been so bad the last 3 weeks. I hate my yard of weeds!!

THin: Just keep going. We're here for ya!

KEngjw: Teething can really throw everything off, can't it? Jake jsut got some molars and didn't tkae a real nap for a week!!!

Cindylcing 04-10-2006 07:56 PM

Hi everyone.
Its so beautiful out today! I think our high was 65! DH mowed our front yard during the day and so I did the back after dinner. It felt good being back out in the yard working.
You will never belive this... I was off work friday..I come in this morning and notice a bunch of the others already there and I just knew what they were going to say... 2 weeks of OT. Ugh. Just when I think we are done it starts again. I just have to look on the good side of it by having some extra funds which are always needed.
The day went pretty good for eating. No loss from last week. Just plugging away.
Took a nice hour long walk yesterday with my dd and the puppy. It felt wonderful being out at the park again. The puppy did well. That was his longest walk yet. He was very nice to all the other doggies around.
Well Ive got to get everything prepped for lunch and dinner tomorrow so need to scoot. I will try my best to keep up this week on posts.
:)

thunderwoman62 04-10-2006 09:27 PM

Hi everyone,

Sorry I've been MIA this weekend. We had a death in the family..my great-aunt has been fighting cancer on and off for the last 6 years. She passed away late Thursday nite. It was a blessing for her, she really has suffered the last 2 weeks. And will be greatly missed. You could say she was the family monarch. Everyone has gathered at her house during the holidays for at least 60 years. I didn't lose and I didn't gain. I guess because of stress I think thats the reason for no weight lost. Hope everyone has a great week.

Ellen 04-10-2006 10:37 PM

Good evening all my buster buddies... I am sitting down today for the first time since about 11 am, except of course the times I was in the car, or the potty. :s: I have almost 15k steps, and I did not even 'go for a walk' today. Dinner tonight went well, and I was SO pleased with the meatloaf. I kind of followed two or three different recipes I read and it turned out very moist. It was essentially SB legal. I used about 1/4 of a cup of brown sugar for 50 servings, so it was not too much. I also used bread crumbs, but oatmeal would have been fine, or ww bread crumbs. I had some leftovers, so I cut up the large meatloaf and put it into Glad containers for the fam to use as lunches. I put all the leftover potatoes in there too, so I would not be tempted to eat any. I did eat about three small slices to see if the seasoning was ok, but I really fought the temptation to eat more of them.

THUNDER: I am so sorry about your aunt. Stress will definitely derail weight loss. :hug:

CINDY: It was gorgeous here today too! Unfortunately, it is going down to the forties tonight. Bummer!

TALITHA: Yep, summer babies can live in onesies! I love grilling. There is so much you can do! Want some good recipes? :) I am so sorry about the situation you have with your brother. Its so difficult to deal with family stuff sometimes. I hope and pray your parents will get him whatever help he needs. As I said, I like what the scale says, but the weight was lost in an extremely dangerous way- ketosis brought on by hyperglycemia, and insulin resistance. My blood sugar levels were over three times the normal range. It was kind of scary.

TONI: I hope you have a wonderful trip to visit your sister! We are planning on visiting my sister in law the week after Easter. It will be a lovely break. How cute that the puppy cousins can play together! (can they? :) )

KAY: I love getting good bargains! What kind of china did you get? I like colorful stuff and was going to buy some a while back. I kept looking on ebay...some day, I will find something I like! Maybe...

GATOR: Right now, I am monitoring my blood sugar levels, but they have not said anything about what they will do. I think it will depend on the overall look of my levels. I fax in the chart in two weeks. The danger was the ketones. Ketoacidosis, which can be caused by high glucose levels like mine, can cause the blood to become too acidic. This can cause coma and death. I had huge amounts of ketones on Friday and they totally freaked out and gave me a shot of insulin. It did not bring the blood glucose levels down much at all! I am not sure why they thought it would. I have TONS of insulin...that is the problem! Exercise is the only thing I have been able to determine from research that helps with insulin resistance. It will also help burn the extra glucose in the blood. I desperately need that. My sugar levels are like three times what they should be! And yes, I was insulin resistant and hyperinsulinemic (too much insulin) but my blood sugars were always fine. I don't know how long this has been going on, but I mysteriously lost ten pounds in the past five or so weeks, and I knew I was not eating all that well...I figured I needed more calories or something. Duh! If you are insulin resistant, you certainly do want to watch what you are eating. You walk a lot and that certainly helps. I wish I had been given a glucose meter back when I was just insulin resistant and hyperinsulinemic. I might have seen a trend and been more careful or something. Anyway, I appreciate your kind words and your prayers. I am determined to beat this.

TEENSY: I hope it clears up and you and Buddy can walk! How is your mom doing? I hope she is not in a lot of pain.

KENG: Wow...Chris is crawling already! No more staying where you put him! We were on spring break last week too...tomorrow its back to the salt mines... ( did you know I started teaching art at a small Christian school near here?) Thank you for your kind words.

THIN: I hope the scale is kind tomorrow...

SOLLY: You actually went home after getting your hair done, knowing you would have to shovel mulch? What a nice person you are! I would have found umpteen things I had to do, and hoped and prayed Tom was done by the time I got home! I know, I am bad! I think it definitely counts as exercise. :)

Time for me to check how sweet I am ...night all!

:wave:

Teensybean 04-11-2006 12:36 AM

Just stopping by before I hit the hay......am so sleepy lately. Must be those hour workouts!! Went by Mom's this morning, and I can't believe how well she is doing. She said she even skipped two of her doses of pain meds yesterday because she wasn't having any pain. The surgeon told her she was going to be in a lot of pain........I am so happy that she isn't. There is nothing worse than a hand or finger that just throbs with pain. She goes into the Dr at 9:00 on Friday. Hope it is all good news and that she can remove the bandages a bit. She says that is the worst part of it all. She has had a bit of tingling in her hand so we know that it isn't completely damaged in the nerves. Just have to wait and see what comes. Thank you all for asking and for caring. She is a big part of my life, and knowing that you all know that means a lot to me.

I will be back in the morning, see you all then......sweet dreams!!