Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

Closed Thread

Old 04-13-2006, 01:14 PM   #46  
Addicted to potato salad!

Hi everyone...just popping in. I'm busy with groceries and sewing. Will be more specific later...just wanted to say HI!
Old 04-13-2006, 01:55 PM   #47  

Ahhhhh... naptime. I love it. I'm actually oging to go take a nap myself, but wanted to pop in.

Last night I had a Balogna sandwitch, of all things for dinner. Lots of lettuce and tomato, and cheddar cheese on SGWW. I just can't believe I've been craving balogna! at least I got turkey balogna. I ate a big bowlful of strawberries with it and some baby carrots.

I had a great strawberry smoothie for breakfast. Took the kids to the easter egg hunt ( bought candy that I don't liek for them, candy corn and skittles) and I ate a HB egg and one mini 3 musketeers bite form the hunt. BUT I ate 2 PB&J's for lunch. I feel liek a pig. They were sooooo good!! SF peanutbutter and SF jelly but 4 pieces of bread!!! Ughh. I feel like I'm gonna pop.

Ok, I'm off to get at least a few minutes rest before they're up again.
Old 04-13-2006, 04:35 PM   #48  

I got my walk in, but I am really struggling right now. I feel munchy, and there is nothing I should be eating, besides the fact, it is better for me NOT to eat inbetween meals. Argh! If the pool were open, I think I would jump in it. I can't believe how hot it is out there! There is not much shade long my walking route either. I will probably be sunburned.

TALITHA: Give me a call about tomorrow. We need to plan a time!
Old 04-13-2006, 07:07 PM   #49  
BIG ORANGE FOOTBALL RULES

EVENING EVERY BUDDY!!

THREE DAYS OFF FOR BOB!!

I'm not doing a DANG THING EITHER!! Well, laundry of course, but I'm not going anywhere.

JACK & GATOR...here is my favorite LASAGNA ROLL UP RECIPE

Lasagna Rolls Recipe
Yield: 6 servings

Sauce:
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
4 teaspoons all-purpose flour
1 1/4 cups whole milk
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
Pinch ground nutmeg

Lasagna:
1 (15-ounce) container whole milk ricotta cheese
1 (10-ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed, squeezed dry
1 cup plus 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan
3 ounces thinly sliced prosciutto, chopped (sub 8oz ground round browned)
1 large egg, beaten to blend
3/4 teaspoon salt, plus more for salting water
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1 to 2 tablespoons olive oil
12 uncooked lasagna noodles
2 cups marinara sauce
1 cup shredded mozzarella (about 4 ounces)

To make the sauce: Melt the butter in a heavy medium saucepan over medium-low heat. Add the flour and whisk for 3 minutes. Whisk in the milk. Increase the heat to medium-high. Whisk the sauce until it comes to a simmer and is thick and smooth, about 3 minutes. Whisk the salt, pepper, and nutmeg into the bechamel sauce.
Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.

Whisk the ricotta, spinach, 1 cup Parmesan, prosciutto, egg, salt, and pepper in a medium bowl to blend.

Add a tablespoon or 2 of oil to a large pot of boiling salted water. Boil the noodles until just tender but still firm to bite. Drain. Arrange the noodles in a single layer on a baking sheet to prevent them from sticking.

Butter a 13-by-9-by-2-inch glass baking dish. Pour the bechamel sauce over the bottom of the prepared dish. Lay out 4 lasagna noodles on a work surface, then spread about 3 tablespoons of ricotta mixture evenly over each noodle. Starting at 1 end, roll each noodle like a jelly roll. Lay the lasagna rolls seam side down, without touching, atop the bechamelsauce in the dish. Repeat with the remaining noodles and ricotta mixture. Spoon 1 cup of marinara sauce over the lasagna rolls. Sprinkle the mozzarella and remaining 2 tablespoons of Parmesan over the lasagna rolls. Cover tightly with foil. Bake until heated through and the sauce bubbles, about 20 minutes. Uncover and bake until the cheese on top becomes golden, about 15 minutes longer. Let stand for 10 minutes. Meanwhile, heat the remaining marinara sauce in a heavy small saucepan over medium heat until hot, and serve alongside.

TALITHA...I buy PUBLIX brand garlic bologna when I get a hankering. It is so good..give it a try!!

OH...MY...GAWD!!!! Kate wants Chicken and Dumplings for Easter dinner!! Now, how do I get around this one???? SUGGESTIONS????

MONET..I agree with COLLEEN..it's going to take you a while to find out what causes the spikes. Remember when you did the elimination diet? That took you a while, so DON'T MAKE ME COME UP THERE!!!

COLLEEN...How's your MOM doing?

TECH..

KAYE..

THIN..

I went down to BLOCKBUSTER and picked up the series INTO THE WEST.
It was a TNT original mini series and I missed a few so I'm going to get into that a little later.

I had a baked pork chop and some kale for supper and both were WONDERFUL!

I'm off to see what I can get in to...LATER!!

BOB
Old 04-13-2006, 07:55 PM   #50  

Good Evening. You'll be so proud of me! I knew I needed to avaid carbs for dinner, and I've been much lower than usual on the Fruits and veggies today. So I madea salad for dinner with red bell peppers, carrots, mushrooms, turkey, boiled egg, cheese and sunflower seeds. I used Balsamic vinegar for my dressing, but Trav and Selah ahd blue cheese. How cool is it that my 3 year old will eat a salad like that for dinner? I'm so proud!

Travis is digging out the crawl space under the bathroom, so Selah and I are watching bugs life and eating strawberries for desert. Yummy!!

11 days to the Bahamas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bob- I have some rice- lasagne noodles. I may try that recipie

Monet- Don't forget to call me back tonight!

Teensie (wave)

Tech (hug)

Solly- I know, you're right and it's not liek I'll never want chocolate again. It jsut made me realize how silly I was, being cheap on teh fruit I really would enjoy and then blowsing what i 'saved' and more on crap!!! I'm loving my strawberries tonight!
Old 04-13-2006, 08:06 PM   #51  

Evening all. I dont have much time or energy to write much. But wanted to touch base. Even though Ive had some long days this week at work I still was able to get in 2- hour long walks at the hilly park with my dd, and 1 hour step class, and 30 min on my walkblaster. Plus about an hour of sewing. Tomorrow I have a bunch of errands after work then meeting my dd for dinner then we go to bible study and home to drop in bed. Our weekend looks very busy too so no break until the end of next week and I have a 4 day weekend.
It was 76 today !! So wonderful out. I even got to wear shorts at the park. Im hoping Saturday I will get some time to work out in the yard for at least a short time.
Hope everyone is having a great week !
Old 04-13-2006, 10:16 PM   #52  
Sonya

Hi all,

I am still eating right I just am not loosing. I guess its all due to stress. Between losing my aunt and hubby losing job its not been a very unstressful week. But at least shes not suffering and my God is going to give my hubby another job even better than the one he had. We are getting ready for Easter Sunday at church with a play and singing and dinner on the ground. I have planned for our pot luck..Chicken spaggetti and English peas and Sugarfree cheesecake with pecan crust. There are quite a few diabetics in our church so I'm trying to give them at least a few legal things. I don't know what anyone else is fixing but it will be a huge meal. All my food is Sugar Buster legal that I'm fixing so I will be able to eat and not feel guilty.

Bob-I fix my chicken and dumplings with whole wheat flour and they are delicious and we actually prefer them over the white ones.

I hope everyone has a wonderful easter weekend!!!! I appreciate all of you for helping me with encouragement!!!!
Old 04-13-2006, 10:28 PM   #53  

Just a fly by... I just got in from Justin's parents house. They got a truck that was too small and left TONS of stuff. I got what they left in the fridge..a gallon of milk, a gallon of oj, deli provolone, unopened packages of Cabot cheeses... I also got over a gallon of real maple syrup! (they are FROM Vermont and moving back there!) They left furniture, towels, tools, all kinds of stuff! I got a bunch of wire I can use with my art classes, newsprint, there were dishes... One thing they brought over here was a corner hutch. Tom was not happy, but it fits with my dining room furniture and will give me some storage space. I was pleased with the evening's haul... But they left a horrific mess for the people who bought the house! Oh, yeah! Glad it was not me.

TALITHA: I just got in, its almost 10:30 and I tried to get Laura to talk about tomorrow, but she was tired and cranky and balked. She said she would talk to me later about it, she just could not concentrate on anything but getting everything packed and getting out of there. Lets go with 2, and I will be there even if she doesn't come along. OK? I will call in the morning.

Old 04-14-2006, 08:28 AM   #54  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Happy Friday

Lots to do this weekend. I have to clean, go to the grocery, go get my ham, cook and just get ready for Easter. I have my family (about 22) for dinner. I just hope I start feeling better soon as I have too much to do to not feel like doing anything. DH has lots of yard work, etc to do so he won't be much help. will have to recruit DD to help me.

Pretty much just crashed on the couch last night. Now I feel like I am going to throw up at at moment. Ugh!

Monet, I'm sure it will be trial and error for awhile on your readings. I would imagine it will take awhile for it to settle down. Hang in there.

Teensy, Hope you are feeling better today.

Talitha, bologna is one of my favorite things. Yummy fried.

Bob, I wouldn't have any problem with the chickena nd dumplings. i don't like them. Take her to Cracker Barrel or somewhere similar and get something else for yourself. Or just make a little serving for her. How are you doing with your eating?

Cindy, wow, that is a lot of exercise with all that OT you are doing.It was 85 here yesterday. Unbelievable.

thunder, WTG planning ahead for your Easter meal. You have a great attitude. You will see a loss soon and your DH will get a good job.

Country, where are you?

I hope everyone has a wonderful Easter.
Old 04-14-2006, 09:38 AM   #55  
Little Engine That Could

Or even a better idea for BOB--GO to Cracker Barrel and buy a take-out order for chicken and dumplings and then get thee AWAY from that place, which is very dangerous for people like us!! LOL. Then put the c & d on a nice plate with whatever else, and serve her a nice "homecooked" meal. Then fix yourself whatever you'd like that is on plan.

We are not doing anything special for Easter, no special dinner or anything. Going to church, but our small group will not be meeting that day. We may take a few people out for lunch. We also may play golf that day, after church. Or work in the yard. Everyday is an Easter for me! I'm so blessed with that hope.

Going to my DD's tonight. First time over there since the wedding. I'm taking london broil for my SIL to fix on the grill, along with grilled veggies. She is fixing a salad. We may try to get them to take a walk with us around their neighborhood. We have been walking every evening after dinner. I have not been wearing my pedometer, but probably get close to 10000 steps daily.

Need to go. I have a repair person here.
Old 04-14-2006, 11:48 AM   #56  

Good morning! I slept late and ate breakfast and went for a walk already. Breakfast was a cup of espresso with half and half, two eggs, and a piece of toast. (ww of course!)

We got in about 1.25 miles walking. I am decidedly dragging. My legs felt like jello.

I am going to meet Talitha at the market today. I can't wait! I love the market, but I so enjoy spending time with her. Today, we will even be able to talk more, since she has a babysitter. I WILL miss the children though.

Tom is making 'open the pool' noises. Hooray! It will be awesome if he does.

I am feeling a bit discouraged with things...most especially my blood sugar levels. Ok, a lot maybe. Thanks for listening.
Old 04-14-2006, 02:00 PM   #57  
BIG ORANGE FOOTBALL RULES

AFTERNOON EVERY BUDDY!!

I slept until 11:45 this morning!!! Felt so wonderful to just laze around. Tippy was right there with me too..she's actually the one who woke me up needing to go potty.

No plans for today, it's my DAY OFF!! I'm going down to BLOCKBUSTER and see if I can get the three new movies out this week..It will be hard since school is out and I'm sure everything will be gone!

SOLLY...There is a NEW BUG making the rounds, so stay rested, or you'll be down for the count! It's also very "catching" so be careful who you KISS!!
Sounds like a house full for Easter to me..Hope everyone is bring a dish! Enjoy your Family! Blessing to You and Yours!

My eating is getting better...ONE DAY AT A TIME!!! I'm so excited about having my new grill..when my old one went out (electric) it took me over a year to get the new one...no particular reason, just didn't buy one. When I have access to my grill, everything we cook (meat wise) is on the grill. I prefer the flavor, and since it's electric, I can control the temp. Those throw away pans you can get at the grocery are perfect for doing dishes that normally need the oven. I just need to get litterally religious about doing it!

MONET...Hang in there Sweetie..normal will come to those who are patient! What are you fixing for Easter Dinner? You know, it's a good thing y'all have a big ole house...the more the merrier!!!

GATOR..Sounds like a relaxing day for you and DH..Are y'all going to Sunrise Services? They are on the beach here and the turnout is tremendous! I hear ya on the CRACKER BARREL..I love that place and could eat absolutely everything on the menu! Here's what I've decided to do. Kate likes only dark meat, so I've already got some chicken legs in the freezer. I'll put them in the pressure pot to cook, and then I bought some of the frozen dumplings (they're good, I've had them in the past) to cook in the broth. This way, I can control what and how much is made. I've got some chicken breasts in the freezer and will throw them on the grill. Put that with the fresh kale I cooked the other day, some cole slaw and VOILA!!!

THUNDER..I'm not one to stand and do from scratch dumplings, but that is a good idea and I'll have to try it one day! Got the EASTER BASKET ready to go?

I'm off for now but will check in later!

BOB
Old 04-14-2006, 02:41 PM   #58  

Good afternoon on Good Friday all,

Breakfast: 2 pcs whole wheat toast with nas jelly. Hot Tea

Lunch: chicken salad , 4 triscuits and 1.5 cups broccoli slaw. Water and a small handfull grapes.

Dinner will be clean out the fridge but there is plenty of legal things in there.

Bob, Don't get around chicken and dumplings just make the dumplings from scratch using whole wheat pastry flour. I do that often and everyone loves them! Also use the wwpastry flour to thicken the chicken broth. Not hard, very good! I have never eaten Kale before does it taste like spinach?

Monet, I'm sorry you are in a low time. Perhaps your outing with Talitha will perk you up. I love that you have a pool and a husband who will maintain the pool!

Working on next weeks menus.

Skillet Supper (sausage, wwpasta, onions and peppers)
Beets (are these legal?)
Coleslaw

Easter: Baked Ham
Steamed Asparagus
(illegal!!!) Bacon Potato Puff
Crunchy Pea Salad
(illegal!!!) Cherry Cream Cheese Pie
Pickeled Okra (I had a craving)

Italian Sausage w/ Penne Pasta
Steamed Broccoli
Salad

Turkey Sausage Patties (made from scratch)
Scrambled Eggs
French Toast with nsa syrup
Fruit Salad with Orange juice and ginger dressing

Cream of Asparagus Soup
Egg Salad Sandwiches
Green Salad with Homemade Thousand Island Dressing

Hello to the rest of you and have a great Easter weekend.
KayeC
Old 04-14-2006, 03:15 PM   #59  

Just flying by. I pooped out on Talitha. I started out and had a major headache...the thought of driving 30 minutes was beyond what I could handle, so I called and told her. Gracious dear that she is, she is going to come here for lunch next week instead.

I have been chilling, and I think I am going to lay down and try to nap.

BOB: You ready for this? I have NO plans for Easter! Tom wants to go to Treeclimbers, so I did not even invite the daughter and son in law...I will fix nothing. Amazingly, I don't care. I LOVE Easter, but the kids don't appreciate what it stands for, so I am not going to put myself out for them.
Old 04-14-2006, 03:17 PM   #60  

KAYE: Yummy looking menus! Happy Easter!
Closed Thread