Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

Old 04-03-2006, 07:51 AM   #1  

Cool Sugarbusters Weekly Support Board 4/3 - 4/9

Welcome to Sugarbusters!

This is the Sugarbusters support board, where anyone following, or interested in following, Sugarbusters is welcome to come for discussion, and support. We hope you will become a part of our great group!

We try to have different themes for different days of the week.

MONDAY: MMM, or Metal Monster Monday, is when we weigh in, and post our progress. This is voluntary.

TUESDAY: Is tip day- we try to share a tip, or two to help each other.

WEDNESDAY: Is Wonderful Wednesday. On Wednesdays, we share something wonderful about our selves, or our lives.

THURSDAY: Is Thirst Day! A reminder to drink your water! Its a good day to share a recipe too!

FRIDAY: Is FF, for Friday funnies. Everyone needs a laugh on Friday!

You are welcome to post questions, vent frustrations, whatever, but please be respectful of others and their beliefs.

Please take some time to check out our extensive recipe boards. Our RECIPE BOARDS can be located at the link below:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=89

Look for our QUARTERLY RECIPE BOARDS to post your favorite recipes and to see the most recently posted recipes. Recipes from the quarterly boards will be archived in proper categories at some point.

We have FIVE INFORMATIVE BOARDS!!!! Please take a few minutes to visit them! The boards are listed below as well as the link that will take you to the boards:

THE RECOMMENDED READING BOARD
THE TOOLS & TIPS BOARD
THE FOOD INFORMATION BOARD
MOTIVATIONAL & INSPIRING THOUGHTS BOARD
MY FAVORITE SB LEGAL FOODS

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=89

We also have a SB WEEKLY EXERCISE BOARD that you can log your daily/weekly exercises on which is located on our weekly support board:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...75#post1200575

NEWBIES: To post a reply, please hit reply and NOT new thread
Ellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006, 08:30 AM   #2  

It is MMM...Metal Monster Monday. I was up two pounds. Considering the four I lost last week was due to fever and flu, I am pleased it is only two. Especially since I had a few slip ups over the weekend.

Its raining. What a yucky way to start spring break week! I slept very poorly. I am hoping the rain will at least cool it off a bit. It was HOT last night! It may have been a long long hot flash, but whatever it was, I slept very little.

I want to do some spring cleaning this week. There is plenty to do! I may tackle my closet first.

I hope everyone has a wonderful week!

Old 04-03-2006, 09:17 AM   #3  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

Good morning all!! I am down 3 lbs for the week, but have lost 4.8 since starting this whole thing on Friday. I realize some of that is water, but I am pleased none the less!!!

I tried to make some steel cur oats last night, something tells me they are not supposed to be crunchy. I think I did something wrong. I seem to be doing Ok with this, so far. Since I am not much of a veggie person, I can see my menu getting pretty boring pretty quick.

It's raining here too. Can't wait for the nice weather!!

Monet - We tried that classico pasta sauce - pretty good!! Thanks for the recommendation!!!
Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006, 10:30 AM   #4  

Good morning! The time change is going to take an adjustment here. Especially for my puppy and I getting up in the morning. He's a real handful, more than I thought. If I could just get the housebreaking thing down I would be a happy woman. My days are spent running him out doors and getting him out of things he's gotten into. Like my laundry, trash cans, under my computer. Where all the wiring lays in a pile. Oh well I got what I wanted. LOL. I've been trying hard to eat right. I could be doing better but its a start. I tried to find some nice vegetables to roast in the oven and our place has a crappy selection. I was disappointed and ended up getting a red onion, some cauliflower, bell pepper and a couple of zucchini. I'll just have to take that and do the best I can with it. I'm working my way slowly back to eating right. So I've just been lurking. If feels good to be back on the board.

JacobsMommy- Welcome. Congrads on the 3 lbs. Good Going!!!! I've never tried the steel cut oats but have been wondering how they are..

Monet- Good luck on the spring cleaning. And glad you're over the flu.

Time to go do something with puppy Jackson...... Be back later...
Toni48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006, 10:33 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Good Morning Ladies

Hope everyone had a great weekend. It was nice Sat and yestserday we had bad thunderstorms all day and night. Even tornado warnings. Winds were 70 mph. Luckily no damage.

Eating was so-so. Too much yesterday, all legal, but too much. Today I am the same as last MM. Our dinner was ok. Sort of boring, but the food was good. Steak and fish. and veggies.

I'm really dizzy today. Started out ok, but all of a sudden my dead is spinning and I can't walk straight. I ate a bagel and pb thinking maybe my blood sugar had dropped or something. My head feel funny. Who knows.

bf: protein shake with strawberries
snack: ww bagle and pb
lunch: salad, mushrooms, blue cheese crumbles, bacon bits, cabbage, egg.
dinner: sirloin roast, mushrooms, carrots, cauliflower.

We did get a 3 mile walk in Sat and about a 2 mile yesterday. We got caught in the rain so we cut it short. So I got in 7 days of exercise last week. Don't think that will happen this week, but I will try.

Sandi Welcome. I'm glad you decided to join us. SB is a great WOE. I had lost over 100 lbs before I was diagnosed with breast cancer. Have added about 30 which I am diligently working on, but my meds are working against me. Gator has a valid point. It's the cheating that does us in. So stay on track and you will see if melt off. I'm in Louisville, where in Indiana are you? Good job at Chili's BTW. Watch your starchy carbs. Limit themto 3 a day. Some of us keep it at 2 to lose. If your bagle is over 80 calories, then it is 2 starchy carbs. Peppridge Farms makes a ww mini bagle that has 3 grams of sugar. Cangrats on your 3 lbs. Do you have a Kroger? (sorryBOB), they have a Private Selection brand that a couple have 3 grams of sugar.

Gator, Go Gators!!!!!!!!I am not a UCLA fan at all so I am pulling hard for the Gators. I was disapointed that LSU played so poorly.

Bob, hope things slow down for you at work. Are you on a celebrity watch? Let us know who you see.

Monet, when you finish your house, come on to mine. I grew up with "Spring Cleaning" My mom would wash walls, curtains, woodwork, everything you could imagine every spring. I would rather be outside enjoying the weather.

Got to run & get some work done. Have a great day.
Solly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006, 10:34 AM   #6  

Toni, we were posting at the same time. Glad to see you back on the boards. Did you all have bad storms last night too? Puppies are a lot of work.
Old 04-03-2006, 10:51 AM   #7  

Good morning ladies. My house is a disaster, my kids are all out of wack from the time change, and I'm not feeling so hot. I keep having these spells wher my ehart jsut races and I feel dizzy for about 10-15 minutes. It'been going on for a couple of days. I'm also starting to swell a lot. my fingers feel wierd when I bend them. I guess I should break down and call my Midwife.

Anyway, I MADE MY PROMOTION!!! Thank you all for your encouragement. I now have a nice 4 month break whereI can peacefully not worry about my numbers at all. Of course, I will still be working pretty hard, but I'm really excited about relaxing a bit.

Bahamas, here I come!!!!!

JAcobsMommy- Welcome to the group!!!!! I have a jacob, too. He's fighting the new naptime right now in his crib. He's 15 months old.

Monet- no DFM this week. Crazy prego woman went to Kroger last night and spent $165!!!!! I usually spend $80!!!!!!!!
Talitha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006, 11:45 AM   #8  
Sonya

Good Morning everyone,

I am up 3 lbs but the way I ate this weekend I am not surprized. Plus I drank 3 glasses of diet coke. I am back on track this morning and am sssooo glad to be legal again. After this weekend I will not drink 3 cokes ever again at one time. I felt bad after the unlegal foods and am still kinda groggy from the sugar. But I will get it off again.

Jacobsmom-Welcome to our corner. This is a great group and I don't know what I would do without them.

To everyone else have a wonderful SB Day!!!!!
thunderwoman62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006, 11:52 AM   #9  

Flying by! What is wrong with me? I don't sleep at night, but I get wonderfully deep sleep if I crawl back in bed from say 9 until 11! That is what I did this morning and it felt great! Its cooled off and the rain stopped and the sun is shining!

TALITHA: I did the same thing! I got great deals at Kroger...and saved $35 with my plus card. Still...I spent $112!!! My week will be fuller than I like with it being spring break and Tom traveling..so no problem. Maybe next time. Congrats on making your promotion! That is awesome that you can relax for a while!

TONI: Good to see you! Puppies are like having a toddler, aren't they?

SOLLY: Way to go on the seven days of exercise!

JACOBSMOMMY: Hmm...not sure what to say about the oatmeal! Congrats on the loss!

I will check in later!
Old 04-03-2006, 11:53 AM   #10  

THUNDER: We were posting at the same time!
Old 04-03-2006, 02:05 PM   #11  

I am still the same as Friday, which is great for me! That means I did not gain over the weekend. I did overdo the walking yesterday though. I walked with Buddy about 2 miles yesterday morning, then at MIL,Craig and some of his family wanted to walk down the road to see where they are widening it. So maybe another 1.5-2 miles. Last night my lower back was hurting and still kind of stiff and sore today. Also,right before we retuned home yesterday a bone in the top of my left foot "popped" and was tender the rest of the day. No sweling or bruising, so I don't know what was up with that. I may take Buddy for a short 1 mile walk here in a minute and then I am going to wash off our front porch and rocking chairs. They are really dirty! This week is spring break for us too, so I don't know how my eating will be, I'll try to do well and I'm sure I can get in some exercise.
ThinWithin225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006, 02:07 PM   #12  

Hi all. Our ot at work just got cancelled ( of course a bunch of us got there at 5a this morning , but they let us leave after 8 hours) So Im home early what a surprise. So I should be able to get a few posts in this week
Ive missed being here everyday.
I might not be able to reply to all your guys posts but Ill try my best to get on every day or every other.
My weight is just stuck stuck stuck. But Im not fretting about it. The warmer weather is almost here and Ill be able to get in loads more exercise in the yard and walking. Im really looking forward to it. Winter seems so awfully long.
I did not weigh today because I just feel very bloated and I dont know why. 2 days now. I dont have Tom anymore so I know its not that.

JacobsMommy- nice to meet you !! Im in NE Indiana.

Toni- what kind of puppy did you get? How old?

Solly- Hey how you doing? weve had rain now for three days. But the grass sure is getting green!

Talitha- congrats on the promotion !!

Monet & Sonya -
Cindylcing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006, 02:58 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 175/168/145

Height: 5"6'

Smile Mondays!!!!! ugh!

well today is monday and time to start a new week. sorry for now being here very much last week. I got so busy toward the middle and end of last week I didn't even get a chance to say hi to every one. I didn't weigh in today. I am a little scared to I mean it is that time of month for me and I always blow up like a balloon and then I feel horrible. I didn't eat any chocolate all of last week that is what I am happy about.so any ways I am going to wait till the middle of this week to weigh myself. I am so happy! My husband and I have been talking about becoming Landscape Contractor lately and we have decided to go for it. obviously we won't be quitting our jobs now but we already have a landscape job lined up once we are licensed and bonded. one more goal will be accomplished this year. We have set Several Goals for this year
1. Build our house
2. Buy a New Car---accomplished
3. get licensed and bonded to be contractor. Pending
4. go on a really nice Vacation.
5. (for me) Get to my goal weight of 135.00 ----ongoing
this all just makes things easier with each goal being started or almost finished. we haven't yet started on our house due to other expenses but we are definetly working in that direction.
I am a little frustrated though sometimes it seems like we take 1 step forward and 2 steps backwards.I wish we had the money to start our house now. we were all ready to buy the plans in January and Geralds mom was in a car accident. so we spent most of that money going to the hospital to visit her. she is alright now but she is now having to live in assisted living and that is making my husband really depressed. I am going to try and get him out of it and we are going to the coast this weekend. hopefully that will help him out.
well ladies I am going to sign off now and go to lunch. Take care.
Dsquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006, 02:58 PM   #14  
Addicted to potato salad!

CINDY!! So nice to see you're smiling face around here gain!! I'm looking forward to some nice weather, too, to get outside walking.

Thin: As my son would say...'Take it easy, lemon squeezee!'

Monet: I don't know why...but we're the opposite. I can never take naps...my mind won't shut off long enough...but I sleep like I'm in a coma all night.

Thunder: Isn't if funny how, once you get the sugar intake out of your body, how an influx of sugar makes you feel? Don't fret about the weight...it'll come off...just start over from here...

Talitha: We have a hard time adjusting to the time change, too. And congrats on the promotion!! You deserve a little time to relax!!

Solly: I was thinking about all you guys down there with all the weather last night. And I hope your head is feeling better soon!

Toni: Puppies...mine is sequestered to the back porch at the moment. He's so gross this time of year with all the mud. He has completely redefined the word "mud room"! I DO love him...but he's so gross.

Jacob's Mommy: Welcome to our little corner!! All questions are welcome here. Don't have any idea about the oats... I'm not much on veggies, either....for dinner I sometimes have cantaloupe or unsweetened applesauce. Or fruit salad with my meal, where the potatoes used to sit. I sometimes put sliced oranges in my salad instead of tomatoes. BUT, you should try and get used to the veggies because they are good for you. Like I always tell my kids...it doesn't have to be your favorite to eat it...you can still eat something simply because it's good for you, even if you don't like it all that much. Think of how much better you'll feel for making a healthy choice. Now, if I could just stick to that bit of advice myself...

Okay...so...MMM has me at exactly 155. Still. I was a walking maniac last week. And nothing...zip...nada in the loss category. But, I FEEL great!!! And I guess that's more important. This weekend, Derek said, "I'm in the mood to work on a room...which one do you want done?" So, I said, "Bathroom cupboard!!" without hesitation. This is a cubby that is aobut 5 feet tall and was intended to be a cupboard or closet in the bathroom. But it was never finished and ended up about a foot deep in...crap! Not literally crap, but just junk that I didn't know where to put. So, he cleaned it out, put in some shelves and painted it white while Shelley and I went to Walmart to get some purple gingham material and matching purple paint. I've hated my bathroom for a looooong time, and NOW it's PERFECT!!! I just love, Love, LOVE it!! I make two curtains for the front of the closet that are held down at the top and bottom with a curtain rod instead of a door and today I have to make the curtains for the window. THEN, I'm going to make a shower curtain with the gingham border from the top about a foot down and then all white below...or maybe I'll make it a gingham strip across the middle. I'll have to think on that one. Anyhow...I'm going to make ties at the top instead of noisy rings. I'm really excited. I LOVE redecorating.

Okay...I'm simmering some more black bean soup. Today, I put some cubed ham in..it's smells divine!! I'll be back later on!!
techwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006, 03:00 PM   #15  

Just stopping by for a minute.

My dizziness is gone, so it must have been related to food (of course). After that bagel and pb, I felt a lot better. Hoping I can make it to the gym tonight.

Talitha, great going on your promotion. You deserve to relax a while. When is the trip to the Bahamas?

Thunder, jump right back on track and vow not to cheat again. You can do this.

Monet, your sleep cycle is out of whack. Try not sleeping during the day and then at night you will be ready for a good sleep. Sleep neds a pattern.

Thin, good job on the weekend and the exercise.

Cindy, Yeach on not OT. I bet you are glad. It's good for us too. Now you can come here more. That is awesome about your DH. Funny how things work out.

Gator, having a group over to watch the game? Good luck.