3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Sugar Shakers (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/sugar-shakers-62/)
-   -   Sugarbusters Weekly Support Board 3/6 - 3/12 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/sugar-shakers/78082-sugarbusters-weekly-support-board-3-6-3-12-a.html)

Ellen 03-05-2006 11:56 PM

Sugarbusters Weekly Support Board 3/6 - 3/12

:welcome: Welcome to Sugarbusters! :welcome:

This is the Sugarbusters support board, where anyone following, or interested in following, Sugarbusters is welcome to come for discussion, and support. We hope you will become a part of our great group!

We try to have different themes for different days of the week.

MONDAY: MMM, or Metal Monster Monday, is when we weigh in, and post our progress. This is voluntary.

TUESDAY: Is tip day- we try to share a tip, or two to help each other.

WEDNESDAY: Is Wonderful Wednesday. On Wednesdays, we share something wonderful about our selves, or our lives.

THURSDAY: Is Thirst Day! A reminder to drink your water! Its a good day to share a recipe too! :)

FRIDAY: Is FF, for Friday funnies. Everyone needs a laugh on Friday!

You are welcome to post questions, vent frustrations, whatever, but please be respectful of others and their beliefs.

Please take some time to check out our extensive recipe boards. Our RECIPE BOARDS can be located at the link below:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=89

Look for our QUARTERLY RECIPE BOARDS to post your favorite recipes and to see the most recently posted recipes. Recipes from the quarterly boards will be archived in proper categories at some point.

We have FIVE INFORMATIVE BOARDS!!!! Please take a few minutes to visit them! The boards are listed below as well as the link that will take you to the boards:

THE RECOMMENDED READING BOARD
THE TOOLS & TIPS BOARD
THE FOOD INFORMATION BOARD
MOTIVATIONAL & INSPIRING THOUGHTS BOARD
MY FAVORITE SB LEGAL FOODS

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=89

We also have a SB WEEKLY EXERCISE BOARD that you can log your daily/weekly exercises on which is located on our weekly support board:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...52#post1160352

NEWBIES: To post a reply, please hit reply and NOT new thread

Ellen 03-06-2006 08:03 AM

CHALLENGES!

:carrot: Get in at LEAST three days of exercise and POST it.

:carrot::carrot: Look through old pictures of yourself for inspiration.

:carrot::carrot::carrot: Drink your water!

:carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot:Stay on plan! Make a plan!

Ellen 03-06-2006 08:07 AM

Good morning! I got most of my relatives off this morning. I still have two more who are leaving mid morning. They may or may not come by before they head down to the airport. Depends on what time they get up! I have to do my grades for the classroom teachers to include on report cards, and hand them in this afteroon. Lots to do!

I have photos from Gator to post, and will try and get to that soon. I have only skimmed through my pictures, but will hopefully be able to post some of them today too.

I will be back once I get my ducks in a row! :)

:wave:

Solly 03-06-2006 09:05 AM

Happy Monday Ladies

It's good to see the weddings went well. Now yo girls can relax.

Our comedy night was a big success. We made about $8400.00. So we raised approx $30,000.00.

My heart is breaking this morning for my SIL. His partner (electricians) was killed in a car accident Saturday morning while running erands. He was getting married next month. He was only 24 and an only child. He was such a nice kid. It will be so hard for my SIL to go to work today.

On a better note, I am down 7 lbs for MMM. Don't get excited, I was up 10 last Monday so most of it is fluid. But at least I'm going in the right direction.
I actually did great at the Fish fry. Had baked fish, green beans and slaw. Only had 3 bites of onion rings. Saturday we went out for dinner and I only had a side salad. Just wasn't hungry. Yesterday I had a few cheats, but was pretty good.

BOB, I love the Show Vegas. I hate that they moved it to Friday's, we aren't home much on Fridays. The show "Injustice" is great and it's on Fridays too. I'm not much of an Oscar fan as we don't watch any movies. I do like CLooney though and Reece. I just like to watch to see what they wear.

Talitha, glad you are feeling better. Maybe you will get some new clients from your spa day.

Munch, I took Ambien while going thru chemo to sleep. It really worked great. After I finished chemo, I no longer needed them. I keep them around for t hose "nights' when I can't turn of the brain. I have heard that Lunesta is better.

Susan, I always think about your lent "thing" I have admired your willpower to make it that long. I think I should try it this year. Not to late to start is it?

Country, what is boudin?

Monet, I'm so glad everything went well. I knew it would. Can't wait to see the pics.

Gator, Glad everything went well at your wedding too. I don't know why people don't shut their phones off, especially afte the firt ring. Isn't club soda supposed to take out wine? Can't wait to see your pics. Congrats on the Gator's win. The first half was pretty good, but not the second.

Katpo, meat, sausage, etc is fine. They are higher in calories than regular red meat, but for an occasional treat, will be ok.

Dripping, I'm like you, can't have a little cheat, got to make it big.

Have a great OP day.

dripping 03-06-2006 10:13 AM

Solly, I am so very sorry about your SIL's partner. OMG, to die so young.

Congratulations on your weight loss. I hope by next week I show a loss as well because now I've got to be really careful this week. Today was not a good MMM, up 3 lbs.

ThinWithin225 03-06-2006 10:25 AM

I'm not posting my weight today as I was down yesterday and back up this morning. Do you think it had anything to do with the fried fish and hushpuppies at my MIL yesterday?;) Actually I think I did OK with two small pieces of fish and one small hush puppy. Then the four of us, and BIL and SIL went for about a two mile walk. I will post tomorrow though, whether I like it or not! :(

My BIL is doin great too! He went for his check up this year and weighed 297!:fr: He felt so bad, never weighed that much before! His doctor sent him to a nutritionist who recommended pretty much a SB diet. He has lost to 280 already and has quit smoking.:D We had a great time out walking and enjoying the sunny day! It was fun.:carrot: :carrot:

However, I am going to have to come up with a strategy for going to MIL on Sundays. We are all trying to watch out diets and she still cooks potatoes, fried foods etc. Drives me nuts! But years ago when she first went on "diabetic diet" (she's hypoglycemic) they told her she could have potatoes for the potassium, etc. etc. :rolleyes: She is vegetarian and needs the nutrients etc! It's not like she's intentionally sabotaging us, but when she does buy ww stuff or sf, FIL want to know "why did you buy that crap?" I know, he's a difficult man, I could not live with him!:p Anyway, She usually has fruit around as well as her cakes, etc. I just need to learn to
1.eat something legal at home before we go, so I'm not so tempted.:nono:
2.keep my butt out of her kitchen and go outside to walk or something.:running:
I hate to not eat and hurt her feelings or make her think I'm being snobby, but it's no good to bust my butt at home all week and then blow it every weekend! Thanks for listening to my rant!:soap:

KayeC 03-06-2006 11:34 AM

Good Monday morning all.
I weighed this am and was up a pound. Will redouble my efforts to drink my water and watch my portions. I would really like to have some progress towards my goal so I can set a new one!

Congratulations on the weddings going off well. When I got married it was around 100 degrees and the cake decorator (a neighbor) had put cardboard and not plastic rounds between the layers. Yes the cake totally fell over and we could only salvage two layers. Still worse could have happened!

Solly, So sorry for your SIL's loss.
Congratulations on your good MMM. We ate at a cajun restaurant on Saturday night and I had sweet potatoes fries for the first time. Of course fries of any kind aren't weight loss friendly but these were really good for a change.

Dripping, I feel your MMM pain as I was up a pound. :(

Last night I had stuffed peppers, green beans, new potatoes (only 2) and a coleslaw with a dressing made with white wine vinegar and cumin.
Well off to the dentist.
Have a great day.
KayeC

Talitha 03-06-2006 11:53 AM

Happy MMM ladies!!

Not so happy for me. I wnet agianst my 'no more weigh-ins' rule this morning for no reason. I was up 4lbs form 2 weeks ago!!! IT may be water weight. WIt h all of the stress last week, I certainly didn't eat smart. Part of me want so to say 'no big dwal, it;s my first REAL gain this pregnancy.' And part of me is freaking out because I've really eaten bad the last week. I knew I should have thrown the scale away when I said I would!!

ANyway, other than that I've had a wonderful morning. I think I'm finally over the need for a 3 hour nap every day. I'm finally feeling like cooking and cleaning again. OUr house has been almsot unliveable it's such a mess! I got motivated to clean on Friday and my house is staying really clean. That's hard for me. I think the change in weather is helping too. I'm making sure to spend tiem outside veryday with the kids, and they love it! They're getting to such fun playful ages.

I've already got over $500 in orders called in from my SPa Day on Friday, so it was a success. And I'm flying to COlumbus, OH on the 18th to do a business launch there for a new consultant. BIG month! I may not be on as much as I should. GOtta get that free Mercedes, or I'm not gonna have space for the 3rd car seat!!

Monet, Gator- I'm so glad everything went well. Can't wait to see some pics.

Gator- Have you tried Oxy Clean on the wine? I find it takes out almost ANYTHING!!! My cloth diapers still look brand new after 2 kids be caus eI soak them in it.

Solly- What a success!! I'm so glad it worked out. I'm so sorry for your SIL. What a shock. IT never makes sense, does it?

Thin- Can you offer to take something,a nd make it legal? I tkae food to my MIL's house all of the time. She was offended at first. I kept reminding her that I didn't want anyone else to feel preasured to eat the way I do, but that my health is really important and I need to stay committed.

KayeC- Your dinner sounded so good...!!!!!

I think I'll go make a salad for lunch.

ThinWithin225 03-06-2006 12:10 PM

Talitha- You are brilliant! :hug: Thanks for the idea! MIL is always wanting to learn about recipes for the kids and their metabolic disorder, what better way to show her than to take something! YEA!:carrot:

GatorGal 03-06-2006 12:31 PM

I didn't weigh this morning. I know the numbers will be up, because I have not even been thinking about what I've been eating. I'm happy the wedding is over so now life can start to get back to normal. I was so mentally tired after everything was over that I totally vegged yesterday. And then I woke up in the middle of last night with the realization that it was my sister's birthday, and that I had totally forgotten to say "happy birthday" or give her the cards and gift I have been keeping for her for the past 2 weeks. A total brain cramp! I called her up this morning at the hotel down the road where they are staying, and wished her a belated greeting, feeling like a total idiot!!! Funny thing, her DH didn't mention a thing about it, so I suspect he forgot also. Oops!

I went to the workout place and lifted weights this morning. I am lifting some heavy weights at the place I go to on Mondays. It is a new place since my old place closed up. I have been going to the new one for a coupld of months. It is nowhere as convenient as the old one, but the trainer there knows what he is doing. I am pressing 275# on the leg press, doing about 6 reps to a very slow count of 10 each rep, but a lot lower weight on the upper body machines. If I could get my eating as good as my perseverance on the weights I'd be buff!

We are leaving tomorrow afternoon for 3 days in Key West. My DS and her DH wanted to travel a little in FL while they were down here, so we are going with them. This is the perfect time of year to go to Key West--no troublesome "festivals" or other stuff happening there, and still not too hot. We hope to take one of the sunset cruises down there.

Thin--You sound like you have a good plan for when you visit your MIL. Good luck on it and hang tough! You can do it.

Kaye-That's an amusing story about your wedding cake--now that it is all over. I bet it was pretty upsetting at the time. My good luck with the cake is due to Monet's good coaching and advice. She told me what to buy and how to do it.

Solly--Yep, the Gator Nation is very happy about the outcome of that game. It was a good win for us, as it is always a challenge to beat the Cats. We'll see you at the Dance!

Well, probably should sign off. I have French class tonight, and still don't know if I will be there, or out having dinner with my DS and BIL. They are catching a spring practice game at Disney World, and don't know if they will just stay out there for supper or not. He definitely tires more easily since his cancer, and still struggles with the constant pain the cancer left as a "souvenir" of itself. It has been a hard struggle for both of them, in different ways. Solly, I am always amazed at your wonderful attitude and spirit of positive accomplishment, because I can see what a challenge it must have been for you.

Bye.

nicolee 03-06-2006 02:19 PM

Gator & Monet - Glad things went off without a hitch for you guys. I can't wait to see the pictures!

My weekend was terrible food wise, especially yesterday. I ate mashed potatoes, macaroni & cheese, yeast rolls, and chocolate chip cookie yesterday. Oh, better not forget the cheeseburger for dinner last night. I'm so mad at myself. I knew what to do to prevent it but I didn't bother.

The cookie didn't go over well. I got it decorated and it cracked down the middle. When I got to my MILs house I was told that my SIL was bringing a cake b/c she doesn't like chocolate chip cookies. Most everyone ate the cake instead of the cookie which pretty much made me mad because I'd worked so hard on it. I'll tell you one thing...I won't do it again.

Today I've recommited to this plan. I can't expect to lose weight and cheat all the time. Here's the meals for today:

B: Protein Shake
Snack: Hard boiled egg
L: 2 cans tuna in water with light mayo, eaten by itself and 1 large apple
Snack (if hungry): another egg
D: Either WW spaghetti or Hamburger steak. Haven't decided yet.
And if I know me, I'll wind up snacking on triscuits and cheese sometime after dinner.

I've had 50 oz of water today and will have another 16.9 as soon as I grab another bottle.

Sorry for no personal replies...my minds jsut not working today.

Teensybean 03-06-2006 03:20 PM

Good Morning Gals......

I have been very busy lately. Bill surprised us and flew home for a couple of weeks. They have had such bad weather this season that they quit doing the crab and when the weather broke they started up the cod season. When he gets back they will finish up their snow crab. The boat isn't coming back to Seattel, so they are flying the PM's out for two weeks each. He said it had been 60-70 below up there. The winds started coming in from the north, and the boats were all icing up to the point that they were listing. So they all pull in the cages and headed for shore. Glad he is just on a processor boat and not the crab boats!! He said there was 3 inches of ice on the inside of his bedoom window. Have been getting ready for our trip, in between trips to town. Bill is trying to get in more classes while here. He is only here till the 14th, which is the same day we are leaving. I need more hours in a day. I feel overwhelmed. I am proud of him, though for taking this so serious and getting them done. He will be down to 2 days a week soon.

I joined Curves this week. YIPEE!! They opened one in Deer Park, which is only 19 miles compared to driving into Spokane for a total of 30 miles one way. They are having a food drive, so there is no sign up fee if you bring in a bag of non parishable groceries. Had my first workout today, and I think I am going to really enjoy this. I was getting very tired of my workout routine.......I still plan on walking with my Buddy. We did two miles after my Curves work out. I have not been doing very well with eating, so I am really hoping that this will get me motivated. I am hoping that having to be accountable each month, and being weighed and measured will help me not to say what the heck........I really didn't like the numbers I saw..... fully clothed.......and with my shoes on.........(See all the excuses I can find.....) I feel miserable, and want to feel like I did when I was totally on my game. For 3 years I was absolutely faithful to my eating......Now I don't know if it is the menapause, or just me......but even at my heaviest, my downfall was the chips and starches, now I just crave sweets. I can't stop at just one either, it has to be all of them or until I am feeling sick to my stomach. I was totally disgusted when I started shopping for some new clothes to go on our trip. I told my husband that I refused to buy a bigger size. I will either lose the weight or I will go naked.........That means I stay home!!! So wish me luck......

I don't know how often I will be able to get here while Bill is still here, but I will as often as I can.......After our trip I will be here again daily.........
Sorry, but no replies today......see you all soon.

Solly 03-06-2006 04:41 PM

Heading home in a minute. Thought I would pop in.

We will go to the gym as soon as I get home. Then dinner will be chicken quesadillas (sp) I think. Maybe some refried beans to go with it.

Then 24 is on for 2 hours tonight. I love that show. So suspensful. Does anyone watch it?

Dripping, sorry about your gain. Make this a good week.

Thin, I agree, offer to take somethings. Does she fix veggies? You can always pass on the cakes, Or ask her to make something everyone can eat since so many are dieting.

KayeC, sweet potatoes are good for you so having them sparingly is ok. Count them as a starchy carb 1/2 potato I think is 1 starchy carb.

Talitha, glad you got so many sales from your spa night. Quit worrying about your scale. You are eating for 2. Glad you are feeling better. Weather does make a difference.

Gator, enjoy your trip. You deserve it. Relax and have some fun.

Nicolee, I so sorry your cookie didn't go over. Did you DH like it at least? How did it taste? Jump back on the wagon. Cheating just gets easier and easier. IT's better not to start.

Teensy, I'm glad you like Curves. My sister goes and really likes it. Now that is some cold weather. I guess we shouldn't complain. Pop in when you can.

Have a good night. See you tomorrow. :hug:

Talitha 03-06-2006 05:02 PM

Ok, I know it's not nice to talk about $$, so I thought this would be an ok place to celebrate, without being inappropriate with family and face-to-face friends. My lawyer jsut came by to give me the check from my back settlement. and OH MY GOD!!!!! I thought I was going to puke. It's the biggest check I've ever had in my life!!!! In the next week we will be 100% debt free. There's still a part of me that feels guilty becuas eI hate how sue happy this country is. Then I remember that this accident gave me a permanent back injusry, caused me to have an emergency c-section and physical therapy for almost a year. Not to mention the trauma of not being able to care for my baby and toddler for 3 months without 24 hour help. Anyway, i'm rambling an dI hope it't not inappropriate. I'm sorry. I'm jsut so suprised. Even with the shock of them upping the offer in the end, my lawyer gave us a break and the check was yet ANOTHER $2,000 more than we ahd thought it would be. I'm soooo getting my laptop this week!!!

thunderwoman62 03-06-2006 05:19 PM

:dust: :dust: Hi all,

I am very pleased with myself for this week. I am down another 2 lbs. But not happy with mom...she wants to do this but she eats everything thats not legal and says its just til tomorrow...lol:p But thats her not me!!!! I will not eat off plan. Hope everyone had a great weekend.

Monet and Gator-So glad everything went great for you both. Congrats on the new sons-in-laws.

Bob-I'm still on the wagon and staying there.....;)

To everyone else have a wonderful SB legal Day!!!!!

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar010...5/180/250/.png