Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

Closed Thread

Old 03-10-2006, 01:59 PM   #61  
BIG ORANGE FOOTBALL RULES

AFTERNOON EVERY BUDDY!!

Well, the hurling is over, but the dookie howser is lingering! Kate has me taking the anti pooping medicine, but it just hasn't caught on yet! Hopefuly, as the day goes on, it will be better!

ENOUGH about my personal problems.....

TALITHA....GOOD FOR YOU!!!! Can't wait to hear how you like your new toy!

MONET...just think...all those months of planning and then POOF....it's a memory! Glad to hear THE KIDS are back safe and sound and your household is getting back to some kind of normal. I'm sure that TOM is glad to get his shoes off!!

KRIS....I take it that JR doesn't mind the rain? TIPPY backs up the minute that I open the door and she sees wet of any kind!

AMANDA...How do you make your SWISS STEAK?? I use chopped steak, onions (plenty of them) and stewed tomatoes....We love it that way, but I've never tried it in the crock pot...

THIN...I guess I missed something is SEAN in Charleston or Savannah? I couldn't be in either city without a visit to RIVER STREET SWEETS for PRALINES......Glad they are having a good time!

JACKIE...when you go MEXICAN...do you feel ALL SWOLLED UP afterward? I have such a problem with retaining fluid lately..I am on a fluid pill, but not a real strong one and it seems to help. Our weekend is supposed to be in the 80's, but THE HUMIDITY is returning and I'm not looking forward to that! My Grand Nephew's birthday party is Sunday and I don't relish being out in all that dripping YUK!!!

Well, I'm off....being sick doesn't stop the laundry...I figure that if I get it done today, my weekend will be for other things! The SEC TOURNEY is on and my team is playing right now...Not the ROUND BALL FAN but it's always good to see them on TV

When is GATOR coming back...did she say how long she would be gone?

Hope everyone has a GREAT DAY!!

BOB
Old 03-10-2006, 02:53 PM   #62  
Little Engine That Could

I'm Baaaaack! Got back about 2 p.m. and my DS and BIL have taken off on their way back to SC. Bike week is just finishing up in Daytona Beach, so they may hit a lot of traffic. We saw a ton of bikes in Kew West too, along with the spring breakers.

BOB--I'll have a piece of cake here anytime you come over. Actually, I'd have to make a tiny 6" cake, but for you, I'd be happy to do it.

For those of you breading fish with triscuits, I actually use shredded wheat, which I keep for breakfasts. I grind up a small handful in the food processor--actually the mini-processor that I have--and it makes a great "breading." It is fabulous for very crunchy fish, but would work for chicken I would think.

We had a great time in K.W. We stayed at a place right on the water and had adjoining rooms overlooking the Gulf, both with a balcony. We ate all three nights at wonderful restaurants, and did just enough to be fun, but not tiring. We took a sunset cruise on a wooden sailing ship with about 6 big sails. There was beer, wine, etc, and clam chowder, and also a singer/musician for entertainment. And, best of all, the sunset was perfect. I hated to come home, but we are leaving again next Thursday for Cincinnati for a folk art show we want to attend.

I don't know when my DS will have the pix done, but when I get some, I'll post (actually send Monet some) of the better ones.

It's good to be back with my friends here at SB--3FC.
Old 03-10-2006, 03:31 PM   #63  

Happy Friday all,
Going to work tonight but had a good lunch at Chilis, Grilled Salmon, steamed veggies and a salad.
(Don't think I'm too vituous) This morning I succumbed to Honey Bunches of Oats and for my reward was shaking like a leaf 45 minutes later. So I had peanut butter toast and a hamburger patty to get some protein in. But still didn't feel too good until after lunch. Serves me right I suppose.

The discussion of Swiss Steak has make me hungry for some so when I'm working on my grocery list I'll stick the ingredients on it.
Got a few work clothes and even though I would like to lose more weight I'm still tickled to be buying size 12 pants.

Bob, so sorry about your illness. Have you ever been to an immunologist and had your auto immune system checked? You seem to catch a lot of these nasties.

Gonna lay down for awhile before I have to get ready for work. KayeC
Old 03-10-2006, 04:32 PM   #64  

Hello Ladies,

Ted took Bill into town today so I could get some cleaning done. My house sure needs it. I got 3 days in at Curves this week. I just love it. Can't believe how motivating and how nice everyone is. And knowing that we are all striving for the same goal is fantastic....... Was able to do 50 minutes of circuit, and 10 minutes of stretching afterwards. So my totals are 60 minutes from now on. Dh drove me in this morning as the roads here are solid ice from a big storm we had Wednesday and Thursday nights.

Vicky called last night, and she is so excited that our visit is almost there. She sounds like a child on Christmas morning........just makes us all the more tickled that we decided to be there for her birthday. I so hope she likes the bottle of wine and the 48 birthday cards!! I wrote a small note to put in the front of the box holding the cards, to explain why we did it. My sil said it will probably have us all in tears when she opens it.

Gator and Monet......your cakes are absolutely gorgeous!! When my boys get marrried, are you all available?? Monet.....your family is adorable. Your daughter is a very beautiful girl......like Mother, like daughter......

Solly......Hope you are feeling better, and keep up the great job on your exercise......you are fantastic!!

BOB-- GET WELL SOON!!

To the rest of you, my apologies.......I will get to all of you as soon as we get back from out trip. Leaving on the 14th, at 3 am........returning home on the 24th. I will try to get here once more before departure........
Old 03-10-2006, 06:07 PM   #65  
BIG ORANGE FOOTBALL RULES

GOOD EVENING EVERY BUDDY!!

GATOR...I'm so glad y'all had a good time. I've never been to Key West, but want to go sometime.I have a friend that I work with who was raised there and she keeps telling me that we need to go. I should take her up on it because it would be free room, but not board. She takes the high speed boat from Fr Myers and she's there in 3 1/2hrs.

For those of you who haven't seen the movie WALK THE LINE....don't miss it!
It's one of the best movies I've seen in a while! I can see why Reese won the Academy Award...

TONIGHTS PICKS ARE:

THE CALIFORNIANS (Noah Wyle from ER)
PRIME
JAR HEAD

As always, I'll let you know how they are....

I fixed fish for supper, but I haven't eaten yet, so that's next on my agenda.

I'll check in later

BOB
Old 03-10-2006, 07:37 PM   #66  

Bob- Sean was in Savannah for his eighth grade trip. He has eaten dinner and taken a shower now, so I suspect he may make it about another 30 minutes before we lose him on the couch! Imagine five 13-14 yr old boys in a room together! I'm sure there were many colorful jokes and not much sleep! He has a sunburned face, but on a scale of 1-10 he gave this trip an 11! I'm glad he had a good time!
Old 03-10-2006, 09:40 PM   #67  

Hello from my new laptop!!! I'm so happy with it. Except that I thought we had MS office on a disk, so I didn't pay for it. Now it looks like we don't. I really hate to pay for it now.

I didn't eat too bad today until dinner. I made nachos with Snyders Multi Grain chips. I figures they;re better than just vorn tortilla chips? Maybe not so much.

I'm so tired. I spent the afternoon at the mall with my 15 year old sister trying to help her find a cute bathingsuit that was somewhat modest. She's 5' 9" and all curves. Not easy to cover. Anyway, we actually found a tankini at JC Pennys that wasn't bad. AHven't been in there in years. I checked otu their materninty cloths and there was NOTHING. They had like 2 racks. But I did get a tweed skirt for $.77!!! I figure I can wear it in Ohio next week. Even if I only wear it once, it's worthit.

Ok, I'm about to fall asleep typing. Hugs to everyone. SOrry I don't have any personal replies today.

Have a great weekend.
Old 03-10-2006, 09:51 PM   #68  

S/C/G: 188/178/160

Good Evening Everyone,

I hope everyone who's not been feeling great are all getting better now. They're promising good weather here tomorrow and I am so looking forward to that. I want to go to the produce warehouse and pick up a few things. I don't know how it is in your area, but in my regular supermarket tomatoes on sale were $1.99 a lb. and I was forced to buy some. They were tasteless and hard. Oranges were $4.99 and three of them had to be discarded. I don't know how people with children can manage any more.

I have a butternut squash which I want to make this weekend. I saw on another message board where they do them like oven fries and they're supposed to be really good. The hardest part will be peeling the thing. I also saw where someone bakes kale in the oven till it's crispy and they use that as a snack. Has anyone ever tried something like that? I also want to make the Cheesy Cauliflower Soup.

Boss bought everyone pizza today and I stayed away and ate the lunch I brought from home. I've managed to get rid of the 3 lbs. I put on the other day and I'm going to try and be very good this weekend. Weekends are the worst for me because I'm home alone and food makes satisfying company.

If I don't gain over the weekend, I'll have lost 12 lbs. since I started SB and it certainly feels good to be going down instead of up.

Carole
Old 03-11-2006, 08:17 AM   #69  

Yippee!!!

I've had a NSV this morning! I was looking for something to wear to take Rachel shopping. It has been warm here, but it's kinda rainy today, so I was digging to see what I could find. I found some khaki pants that MIL bought me last Christmas (2004). The were the "right" size, but always rode up (if you know what I mean ) and were uncomfortable so I haven't worn them much. They fit! and they're comfortable! Yea! Now keep going!
Old 03-11-2006, 12:59 PM   #70  
Addicted to potato salad!

Okay...so...I figured out TOM was Time Of the Month...WOE is Way Of Eating...now I have NSV to figure out. What is that?

Anynow...just checking in. Bf today was turkey sausage and Kashi Crunch cereal. Lunch is tuna salad on triscuits and an apple adn dinner will be the turkey chili I was going to have last night and got wings instead.

Okay...jsut checking in...

Kris
Old 03-11-2006, 01:13 PM   #71  

Confession time: We had a number of bottles of champagne left after the wedding, which Tom has kept on ice all week. This morning,we started out the morning with breakfast of poached eggs, toast and bacon...and a pitcher of Mimosas. James joined us and we make short work of the Mimosas. We made a second pitcher to share with the newlyweds. Somehow, we managed to move on to pitcher number 3, and I am feeling rather inebriated!!!!

Between the five of us, we polished off three bottles of champagne.

I think it is time for a nap!
Old 03-11-2006, 01:13 PM   #72  

NSV=non scale victory!
Old 03-11-2006, 01:50 PM   #73  

Height: 5' 7"

Default Good afternoon.

Sorry for being MIA this week. We are dealing with a family emergency and some very bad news. My father in law is gravely ill. I hope to be back on track Monday.

God bless,
Crystle
Old 03-11-2006, 02:54 PM   #74  

COUNTRY: I am praying for you all...keep us posted if you can.
Old 03-11-2006, 02:59 PM   #75  
Addicted to potato salad!

Thank you, Thin!!

Monet: Love, love, LOVE the avatar!!

Closed Thread