Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

Closed Thread

Old 02-07-2006, 02:30 PM   #46  
BIG ORANGE FOOTBALL RULES

AFTERNOON EVERY BUDDY!

Well, Kate has lost all feeling in her right leg and cannot put any weight on it at all, can't lift or move it forward. I was going to take her to the Dr's office, but when I got home from the office and saw the shape that she was in, I called his office and they suggested that I call 911 and get her to the ER. I got her settled and when they took her for her testing and xrays, I came home to let Tippy out. The Nurse taking care of her told me when to call her and she just told me that they are going to admit her. I'm to call her back in about 45 min to see what's going on. Keep your fingers crossed. I'll let y'all know whats going on.

BOB
Old 02-07-2006, 03:11 PM   #47  

Default Agave

Okay, I'm a little slow when it comes to cooking and using natural foods.

What is agave? Is it some type of honey? If so what's the difference between the honey in my cabinet that is freshly harvested and agave?

Help!!
Old 02-07-2006, 04:03 PM   #48  
Goddess

BOB--Prayers for Kate--and you! Let us know.

Susan
Old 02-07-2006, 07:25 PM   #49  
BIG ORANGE FOOTBALL RULES

EVENING EVERY BUDDY!!!

Kate has been admitted to Observation. They called her Orthopedic Surgeon and he has ordered a complete body scan and then the hip area (NUC MED) then her Med Doc has ordered a CT of the hip and complete right leg. There were other tests listed, but when I was nosing around, I couldn't read what it said. Dr Millin (med doc) did write an order where she could give herself her own medicine and I took that to her. The last time she was in Observation, she got a bill for over $1200 for meds! Turns out that Medicare doesn't pay for out patient observation medication when it's administered by the staff! So, I'm home for the night. Getting ready to hop up in the bed and try to relax.
Sorry no replies tonight...maybe tomorrow!

BOB
Old 02-07-2006, 07:40 PM   #50  

Evening. Well, not to exciting of a day. Had a pretty smooth day at work. Eating better since the weekend. Im just kinda lulling along waiting out this maintain stage. I guess to get through the holidays and winter not gaining any weight is a plus.
Puppy is keeping me busy when I get home. Right now he is finally taking a nap. Otherwise he is up running all over the place getting into everything. I told DH "wouldnt it be fun to have a whole litter" HA... never in a million years.
Ive got two more days left this week then Im off on Friday. Going to take my mom down to renew her DL. Shes nervous about the eye test. She has no frontal vision in one eye from a hemorrage that burst behind it and the other eye she is starting to get a cateract on. Her eye doctor said shes fine for driving its just small print she has a problem with. But shes nervous and I said Id go with her then we can go to pick up a friend of hers that doesnt drive and we can go to lunch. So Im looking forward to that.

Colleen- Hoping things are a bit better for you today.

Princess- I hope your feeling better !

Nicolee-

Layfayette- hi.. hey whats Jorge Cruise?

Tech- I guess youll just have to be wondering until a decisions made huh? lol. I hope your dh doesnt change his mind every week. Dont guys know what that does to us ?!

Solly- Have you ever tried the stuffed chicken breast at Chedders? If not...its awesome. Its stuffed with spinach and spicy creamcheese. I love it.

Bob- Hope its not anything serious with Kate. Keep us updated.

Well girls , thats it for me tonight. Going to go settle in and watch some tv before bed...well try and watch tv and puppy sit.
Old 02-07-2006, 10:28 PM   #51  

Good evening everyone. I am home from work and will try to do replies!

Lafayette- HI! I haven't yet tried Stevia- I've been sticking to small amounts of Splenda. I keep wanting to order some Agave nectar- but we've been so low in the cash dept. with the trip and all....

Tech- It is snowing lightly here right now and I am being tortured by the blinking lights of a flatbed towtruck hauling a car out of a driveway that died in the cold weather!! How's your snow there? Sorry about all the letdown and confusion with moving. One thing I have learned is that just when you talk yourself into accepting one thing, something else usually happens!! (story of my life )

Solly- congrats on the pounder! Heck ya PT is exercise!!!!

Nicolee- Welcome!! I have always used egg beaters in recipes that need raw eggs (like my homemade Bailey's recipe that I miss dearly..... )

Princess- I can;t think of any tips today either- we'll be tip;ess together

Fillise- Hope you're feeling better- one way I know I am really sick is that I lose my appetite- I NEVER have a problem eating!!!

Monet- I hope your headache has gone away- I hate them. When I do get them they are usually doozies!!!

BOB- prayers for Kate- and for you for sleep tonite. Please let us know how she is in the morning.

Country- love the pic! What do you plant in the garden? I have an itsy bitsy yard so I love to live vicariously thru other's gardens!!!

Cindy- Hope your mom does well on her eye test. I'd be nervous too. Have a nice time at lunch.

Well everyone- I know I missed some of you - I am sorry- I can only go back so far to re-read when I post- and my memory stinks......

Gonna go watch a bit of tv before bed. Nothing too eventful here tonite. I'll catch ya'll tomorrow!

HUGS, MUNCH
Old 02-07-2006, 10:45 PM   #52  

Good evening all,

BOB hope everything turns out all right with your Mom. It is so stressful to have a loved one in the hospital.

I made the pumpkin soup tonight and the only thing I would change was adding a little bit more salt. I used my immersion blender and that made it so easy. We had chicken salad over greens and triscuits with cheddar with it.

Colleen: Take it slow and listen to your intuition about this important life decision!

We received our long awaited Grandfather clock today. I have pictured it so often in my mind that it is almost spooky to actually see it in the house.

Jordan (my 16 yr old as of this past Saturday) got is drivers license today. A real milestone for him.

Tomorrow is hump day all downhill to the weekend from there. KayeC
Old 02-08-2006, 03:54 AM   #53  

Hey ladies,
Can't sleep so I thought I'd go ahead and tell you. It's a boy. I feel like a monster right now. I was trying so hard not to get my hopes up that it was a girl. I'm sure I'll get over it and get excited soon.

We have 25 people coming over for a B-day party tomorrow night so I'm cleaning and getting the house ready since I can't sleep.
Old 02-08-2006, 07:26 AM   #54  

Good Morning! I woke up at about 5, and remembered Tom had asked me to make his smoothies before I went to bed, and I had forgotten. So I hopped up and made them and espresso for all three of us getting up and out this morning.

James had his year end review yesterday. They praised his work, then complained about nit picky things, and told him he was not getting ANY raise this year! He is grossly underpaid for the type of work and his experience, so he was ticked. Their main complaint was that he goes in late, but he always stays 8 hours, and often they get rush work in late in the afternoon which allows him to get it done, and out on time because he is there late. So today, he went with Tom at 7am! He figures they will eventually see how beneficial it was to have him there late, but by then, he hopes to have another job lined up. His accuracy is the top in the company, but his attitude is probably not the best since they have stiffed him on raises for three years in a row, and he is most likely the poorest paid in the department, but the one who seriously does most of the work.

Dinner last night with Justin's parents went very well in some respects, and horrible in others. His mother was a bit more quiet than I had seen her in the other time we met, and we got along fairly well. She CAN be pushy, but I suppose people think that of me as well. As long as she doesn't push ME, we will be fine! Erik helped me cook, Tom helped me clean, and that is about all I will say, because I am dealing with my murderous thoughts towards my offspring....

I will say that Tom was helping me clean up and Justin, and only Justin, pitched in and helped. Erik was certainly excused as he was so helpful with the cooking...

I really wish I had time for replies, but I need to go shower than head out to school. I have NO idea what we will do today, as the sculptures from last week are not dry enough to paint.

Thanks for the prayers for my headache yesterday...I took four ibuprofen and had a cup of espresso and by the time my class walked in the door, I was feeling much much better!

I will check in when I get home!
Old 02-08-2006, 07:27 AM   #55  

BOB: I am praying for Kate..and you too!
Old 02-08-2006, 07:29 AM   #56  

TALITHA: It will be nice for Jake to have a buddy to play with.... "All things work together for the good....." Have a fun time at the party.
Old 02-08-2006, 07:45 AM   #57  
Little Engine That Could

Monet--I'm wondering if your headaches are from coffee. Perhaps when your body gets a little low on caffeine you get one of those "withdrawal" headaches.
Old 02-08-2006, 08:00 AM   #58  

S/C/G: 223/192.6/160

Height: 5'7

Default Happy Wednesday All!

Very cold here this morning but no snow expected until tomorrow night.

I dropped a landscaping stone on my foot last evening when I was out in the yard cleaning up after the dogs. Their leash gets wrapped around the stones and they end up all over the yard so I went to put one back in place and dropped it on my foot. Hurt like heck and I think I broke a toe or two but since they can't really do anything for toes I will just limp around for a day or two

I was able to find Agave in a health food store last weekend, I am excited to try it when I make my bread on Saturday.

Monet: I get headaches too and they are really bad sometimes and not so bad others but I was diagnosed with migraines a few years back and have a prescription med when they get really bad. Glad to hear you are feeling better!

BOB: So sorry to hear about your mom... I sure hope they are able to get her back up and around soon.

I have to run but hello to everyone and have a happy day!
Princess
Old 02-08-2006, 08:14 AM   #59  

GATOR: No, these are not caffeine headaches. I am reasonably sure they are migraines, without my usual aura, because I am asleep when they start up. Caffeine does help migraines, so its no surprise to me that the caffeine helps the headache. I firmly believe they are hormonal, as I have some other symptoms of the hormone thing. Its getting more and more rare... ...thankfully!
Old 02-08-2006, 08:27 AM   #60  

Happy Hump Day everyone! It's been so hard for me to get out of bed lately..I don't know if it's because I've started some minor exercise or if it's just one of my many medications.

Monet: Have you tried Imitrex for your migraines? I used to get them terribly and Imitrex always got rid of them. I've since been put on Depakote ER for another health condition and the migraines are gone. Depakote ER has been approved for preventing migraines, so it might be worth looking into.

Princess: Ouch. I've broken a toe or two before and it was terrible. Hope your up and walking in no time.

Have just a few minutes before I have to start work but thought I'd tell everyone about the bd party last night.

We got there and MIL had fixed meatloaf, mashed potatoes, mac n cheese, broccoli, and rolls. I ate about 3 good sized pieces of meatloaf and all the broccoli I could get by with and still leave some for others b/c I was starving by the time we finally ate. When we got home a little after 9 I ate some triscuits before going to bed b/c I was still hungry. I did manage to avoid the cake and cookie that were there.

Quick question: Are Cheerios legal? If not then I screwed up this morning, but I won't let it deter me if that's the case.
Closed Thread