Sugarbusters Weekly Support Board 2/6 - 2/12 - Page 10 - 3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

Closed Thread

Old 02-11-2006, 05:51 PM   #136  

OOOHHH! I am really struggling since my big meltdown on Thursday! and I was doing so well! I have eaten way too much of anything I can get my hands on since then! I'm just going to have to get my head around the fact that I cannot slip up and eat sugar like that and be OK! I have craved sweet and salty things ever since. Hopefully I can get myself back on the wagon in the next couple of days. Anyone else need a ride? I have a roast in the oven now with some roasted veggies. I put in peppers, onions, broccoli, carrots, cauliflower, and some sweet potatoes. A little olive oil and h2o and covered it with foil. sweet potatoes are not my thing, but I'm trying to see if I can work them in a little more and grow more fond of them. Thanks in advanced for your support!
Old 02-11-2006, 06:05 PM   #137  
BIG ORANGE FOOTBALL RULES

AFTERNOON EVERY BUDDY!!

[COLOR="Blue"]Took Tippy to the Doggy Spa this morning for her bath and grooming. Stopped at the grocery and here I am! Haven't done a dang thing but watch the HALLMARK CANNEL

DRIPPING....{{{{{{{{{{{{WELCOME}}}}}}}}} You'll like it here. I saw on the news about your snow storm...better you than me!!! Hopw you'll stick around!/COLOR]

I'll be back later for replies...

BOB
Old 02-12-2006, 01:19 AM   #138  

Just a fly by. We spent hours and hours at the mall. I am SO tired, and I only looked at things for me at one store! The love birds got their rings though. And, they got the tuxes chosen and measured all the men for them. Then we went to Target and they registered for the wedding there. We did not get home until 10:45, and we had left at 2:30!

Its time for bed, so sweet dreams all!

Old 02-12-2006, 01:48 AM   #139  

S/C/G: 188/178/160

Thanks again for all the warm welcomes. I spent a lot of time reading some past support threads so I can get to know you all and I was looking for all the helpful little tips. It was like reading a good book, I didn't want to stop. But then I had to go watch some Olympics. The snow plows have already been coming through several times tonight. They're saying we may very well lose our electricity because of the blizzard conditions. I'll be lost without the internet. Good thing I got one of those little flashlights that you can wind up where you don't need batteries. That way I can at least read a book tomorrow.

I hardly ever go to a mall any more, I buy everything on line if possible. What type of outfit are you planning to wear? A gown or cocktail dress? Since I never go anywhere except work, I never have a dressy outfit anymore. I don't even know what's in style.

I'm hoping tomorrow I get to spend more time here, that is if the power doesn't go out. Otherwise it's me and my cats hiding out under the covers tomorrow. Which actually would be ok too.
Old 02-12-2006, 06:30 AM   #140  

S/C/G: 223/192.6/160

Height: 5'7

Default Death in the family

good morning all of my SB Buddies... well I got a call yesterday that my aunt has passed away very suddenly... the neighbors found her in her home but it was too late, it is believed that she had a heart attach but we don't know for sure yet...
her and I were very very close, she is the only aunt that I ever had and since she could never have children my brothers and I were all she ever had.

I am leaving in a few minutes to make the trip up to Michigan and will be gone for most if not all of the week.

She was 74 years old and is one of those folks that never throws anything away so on top of the funeral arrangements we need to deal with her house and all that comes with that. My mother was her only sibling and since she is 70 it will most likely fall to my brother and I to figure everything out.

I will stay on plan and go out for a walk when ever possible, I already have my sneakers packed, it will help me to relieve some tension also so that will be a good thing.

I will try and hop on line at some point this week to see how everyone is doing but will have limited access.

Princess
Old 02-12-2006, 08:44 AM   #141  

Princess - I'm so sorry for the death in your family. I'll be praying for you and your family.

Yesterday was a pretty good day though not as structured as I would have liked it to be. I didn't get my two snacks in, so by the time lunch & dinner rolled around I was STARVING!

I made pizza with the WW crust last night, omitting the agave since I don't have any right now. The crust was way thicker than I thought it would be, so next time I'll just use a bigger pan, but overall it was good. DH even liked it.

I'm down 2 pounds this week, but I can't make my new tracker for some reason. I guess it's related to the server move.

BTW Dripping - WELCOME!!
Old 02-12-2006, 11:11 AM   #142  
BIG ORANGE FOOTBALL RULES

This is the fairy tale that should have been read to all girls when they were little!

Once upon a time

~~~~~~~~

in a land far away,

~~~~~~~~

a beautiful, independent,

~~~~~~~~

self-assured princess

~~~~~~~~

happened upon a frog as she sat

~~~~~~~~

contemplating ecological issues

~~~~~~~~

on the shores of an unpolluted pond

~~~~~~~~

in a verdant meadow near her castle.

~~~~~~~~

The frog hopped into the princess' lap

~~~~~~~~

and said: " Elegant Lady,

~~~~~~~~

I was once a handsome prince,

~~~~~~~~

until an evil witch cast a spell upon me.

~~~~~~~~

One kiss from you, however,

~~~~~~~~

and I will turn back

~~~~~~~~

into the dapper, young prince that I am

~~~~~~~~

and then, my sweet, we can marry

~~~~~~~~

and set up housekeeping in your castle

~~~~~~~~

with my mother,

~~~~~~~~

where you can prepare my meals,

~~~~~~~~

clean my clothes, bear my children,

~~~~~~~~

and forever feel

~~~~~~~~
grateful and happy doing so. "
~~~~~~~~
That night,
~~~~~~~~
as the princess dined sumptuously
~~~~~~~~
on lightly sautéed frog legs
~~~~~~~~
seasoned in a white wine
~~~~~~~
and onion cream sauce,
~~~~~~~~
she chuckled and thought to herself:
~~~~~~~~
I don't freakin think so.
Old 02-12-2006, 01:43 PM   #143  
Little Engine That Could

BOB--LOL

Amanda--Hi!!

Dripping--Brrrr. It is in the 40's here in Sunny Florida and it is very windy and I am freezing. It is supposed to get down into the 30's tonight, even more freezing. I am glad I am not having to deal with weather like you have.

For everyone--We went out on Friday night and had the best pizza, made on something like a whole wheat tortilla, topped with tomatoes, cheese and meat and fresh basil and garlic. It was one of the best pizzas I've ever had. I think it is because the crust was so thin and crispy. It was not doughy at all. So, try making your pizzas at home with 100% whole wheat tortillas or something thin like that. In a hot oven it will crisp up really nicely.
Closed Thread