Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

Closed Thread

Old 01-19-2006, 02:24 AM   #91  

Woo Hoo, I made it through day 5!! I am really on a roll......
Just stopped in to post that......see you all tomorrow!!

Thin--Our little girl bassethound is a dog that we took in.....and she too had been abused. Poor little thing was so timid and skidish, that it just broke my heart. She would run whenever my dh put his work boots on, or wore his baseball cap. I am sure that she was beaten by a man. The woman that gave he too me said that she was her dog, and that her husband didn't like her. He had his own dog and that it was a dalmation. When my Father passed away, I stayed with my Mom for a month. It was the best thing for our little Jo dog. She came to realize that my dh loved her as much as I did, and that he would never hurt her. It breaks our hearts to know that there is nothing that we can do for her. Your buddy sounds like the kind of dog that would be at our house if you hadn't been so kind as to have taken him in. He is lucky to have you, and I am sure that you are lucky to have him!! Our dogs get all the loving that we can't give to the boys, since they no longer live at home......

Princess-- Your home sounds like ours. We had three until last year when we lost our male bassethound to cancer too. It is not prevalent in bassethounds, just a fluke. I think that squash in considered a starch, so you might want to limit your consumption.

Monet-- My bottle is Spring Valley....Natural whole Herb....Black Cohosh Root. That is all the bottle says, except that it Naturally Porvides Menopause Support. Let me know if this is not the right one......I am soooo miserable with these hot flashes.

Mj--Thanks for the site, will have to check it out.

Talitha-- We were lucky, no skin problems.....His brother that we also had for a few weeks, had the Shar Pei skin problems. Buddy is missing a spot of hair on his tail though.......
Old 01-19-2006, 08:09 AM   #92  

Good morning! Wow...two pages of posts since I was on here last night, and left to go fix dinner! What a chatty group! I love it!

Last night was just busy, and by the time I was ready to come back upstairs and sit down, Tom had gone to bed. I crawled in with him about 2am, and he sweetly snuggled over to me and got me warm. I think he was sleeping, but that is even better. He thinks of me in his sleep. Aw...

TEENSY: If the bottle does not say standardized, it is not. I would go get some that is. It can take a few weeks to really kick in, but it is worth it. I had some hot flashes after my surgery, and now I am not bothered by them at all. I can't say it was the black cohash for sure, but I am sure it helped.

BOB: Maybe you should invest in some Airborn. My friend swears by it. I just got some last night, and tried it. So far, so good. How are the black eyes? I would LOVE a picture....

THIN: You can make your own teriyaki sauce, to make it less sugary. I just use soy sauce, and some agave. Works well. I love any Asian cuisine. I used to teach Chinese cooking... That is wonderful that the school cafeteria has healthy choices. They bring hot lunch in to my school and its disgusting sometimes what they bring. White bread, American cheese, cheap hot dogs. The meals are rarely balance, and the veggies are scarce. Its almost always a cookie or something for dessert instead of fruit. I would love to fix the lunch each day! The kids would probably not eat it, but the parents would like it!

GATOR: The blouse sounds nice! What kind of fabric did you choose? I am sorry the braces are bothering your lips and mouth. I hope you get used to it soon.

ROSEANNE: My daugher loves the World Market. I went in there with her and thought it was interesting. I guess I am more a farmer's market kind of girl. I can get 70% chocolate at Harry's, and I do a lot cause my husband is a chocoholic! I posted a recipe for hummus earlier. I believe there are several in the recipe area as well. Its really easy to make! I love that you enjoy your children. Kids need a mom like you! As for the spelling, it is a pet peeve in some ways...like I hate this kind: wait instead of weight, loose instead of lose... fast typing, and normal typo types don't bother me as much. Don't worry about it! We will still love you if you spell everything wrong!

FRUIT: I don't blame you! I would be an early to bed person if I had to face a room full of first graders every day!

CINDY: Snow! Lucky you! You might get some ideas to help make losing easier in the Mastering Leptin book.

TALITHA: I just hope I can get her to come along! She is a often hard to pin down.

MJ: I will have to look for the brown rice jambalaya mix. If you find your recipe, please share!!!

I am off to find some breakfast!

Old 01-19-2006, 08:48 AM   #93  

S/C/G: 223/192.6/160

Height: 5'7

Default Happy Thursday All!

One more day to Friday!!! Can't wait, seems like I live for the weekends lately.

Thanks to everyone for all of the help with the food questions, I really appreciate it.

Don't have much time this morning but will stop back by shortly and see what is going one.

We have a World Market here, I need to stop up there for some things and will look for the 70% Chocolate... I have not been able to find any in our grocery stores... will it say right on the wrapper that it has a certain percentage of Cocoa in it?

Have to run,
Princess
Old 01-19-2006, 09:00 AM   #94  

OOOOOO EEEEEEE look at all the posts. I'm on a hurry up right now. The lady that comes every two weeks to help with the house should be here any minute so I've got to type fast.... My DH went to work this morning. And he's not back yet so hopefully what ever was wrong at work might be okay now. Thanks for your prayers and good thoughts for me. And especially letting me vent here when I was so scared about him maybe losing his job.
It sure made for a stressful day. Haven't had breakfast yet, just that morning coffee... I think a menu post would be good. I always get ideas off of everyones menu's. Sorry I have to go.... My lady is here...
Old 01-19-2006, 09:00 AM   #95  

Buenos dias!

I'm skipping the Y today. My back is really out of wack. I guess I won't be walking the track again anytime soon. Bummer, I really enjoy the quiet. I think it's time to break down and see a chiropractor. I'm not one to trust chiropractic, but we've done everything else, and I can't do any of the repeat injections or perscriptions while pregnant. I almost wish we hadn't already started the settlement proceedings for thsi, but at this point it doesn't matter. I can't let it drag on forever, and this is going to be here for the rest of my life.

So I'm taking the kids to the church for paly group. I need to eat breakfast and just don't feel motivated. I want to crawl back in bed.

I'm a WOrld Market junkie. Everything from my dishtowls to my dining room table and chairs are from World Market. THere was one here for years and now they are suddenly everywhere. THere are more than 6 within an hours driving from me!! Dosen't seem so cool now, because peopel knwo where I got things. Before no one had heard of it. Now Travis want's do redo the whole house IKEA style. I'm not so into the modern. I love Indian fabrics and colors.

Ok, no time for replies till later. The kids are half naked. Now Selah is undressing Jacob, too!!!
Old 01-19-2006, 09:59 AM   #96  

I have a quick question that I hope someone can help with. I like the idea of having some of the veggie burgers or something for quick meals. Trouble is I can't find them in the store. I'm looking in our local Kroger. What section do I look in? Thanks!
Old 01-19-2006, 10:16 AM   #97  

WOW!!! SB Chitchat GALORE!!!! LOVE all the posts- how great!!!

I have a sick daughter home today- my 7 yr old has a 103 fever and tummy ache. No puking yet (IS there a good word for that???!!!). Hope it stays that way. Poor kid. Tylenol worked to get the fever down a bit, so she is resting comfortably in my bed, watching TV.

I had some steel cut oatmeal for the first time this morning. YUMMY!!! And very filling. I will be doing more of that!!! I would like to try making some in the crock pot and having it ready in the morning, but it would be too much and would probably go to waste. Do they have really small crockpots??? Hmmmm......

Monet- forgot to mention that I would love a menu section. It would be good for us to be able to go in and write things down as we eat it- like a journal- and it would help to read other's meal ideas.

OK- gals- I am going to go try and get some stuff done while my daughter is resting. I also need more coffee!!! I'll do replies later on- probably after work!!!

MUNCH
Old 01-19-2006, 10:50 AM   #98  
MJ

Wink Moving towards the weekend!

Good morning everyone! Yesterday was a good SB day. DH had to work late so I was able to kick my feet up and have some me time. To my posted menu, I added 1/6 of a 70% chocolate bar and about 6oz wine. It was my personal girls night!

Today’s menu:

B: yogurt with black raspberry all fruit and agave

S: 28 almonds

L: 8 cheddar triscuits; 2 slices pepper jack cheese; mixed greens/vegetable
salad; low fat ranch dressing

D: most likely burgers and sweet potato fries with same salad as lunch

Talitha: Don’t know if the Zatarains is parboiled. It just says Brown Rice. Should it say it if it is parboiled? King Cake is a Mardi Gras tradition. It is a cinnamon sort of coffee cake-like with frosting. Really sweet and good! What is Tres Leches cake? Three milk?

Rosanne: I had strength yesterday and didn’t indulge. If I do, I will allow it only on Fat Tuesday. Any mom who takes the time to find heart shaped pasta for her kids is a great mom in my book too!

Gator: The make-up lesson sounds great. I’m sure we can all use a refresher course! Your blouse sounds lovely as well. I have no creative or craft skills whatsoever, so I am always in awe of people who can do such things. I know you will be beautiful at the wedding!

Missy: That’s terrible that they send all those king cakes. My office still smells like a bakery! At Southern, I work in the law school. I am a counselor in the career services office. It’s fun and totally different from the law practice I left in Chicago. A total change in my life and I love it!

Teensy: Congrats on day 5!

Monet: I never thought I would like someone so close to me as I slept until I got married. It is an amazingly comforting feeling. And isn’t it nice when they do things subconsciously that you know are a true reflection of their love?

Princess: I hear you on the weekends. If for nothing else than to sleep until I wake up, without an alarm!

Toni: I am so happy DH seems to be okay with work. Also, can you send your helper over to my house when she is done?

Talitha: I’m going to have to look for a World Market. I think we had them in Chicago, but I haven’t investigated Baton Rouge yet.

Thin: The grocery stores I go to have the veggie stuff in a separate section of the freezer section, usually right near the frozen veggies and French fries and stuff. Good luck!

Have a great day everyone!

With peace and love,
MJ
264.5/264.5/235
first goal - wedding day weight from 7/8/00
SB since 1/17/06
Old 01-19-2006, 10:53 AM   #99  

Height: 5' 7"

Default Good morning

I finished up my very first knitted scarf last night. It's a tad shorter than the kind I crochet but it's done. And I think I learned to purl. It's feels a little weird but it looks like a stitch. Now I just need to learn to increase and I might be able to make something. One neat thing about knitting is because I am so slow it keeps my hands busy for a LONG time.

Monet...I was watching American Idol and skating with the stars. I really enjoyed the skating one. I hope things are getting better with your daughter. I'm so sorry your confidence was broken by your friend. ((hugzz))

Munch...how neat you live in an old house also. The original part of my house was built in the 1930's I think and the newer part in the 70's. When the previous owners moved the house out here they took out the claw foot tub. They were older and didn't think it as cool as I do. I would love to put another back in one day. I'm so sorry your little one is feeling ill this morning. Praying she recovers soon. And that the yuckies don't start.

Cindy...thank you. That is Dixie our blood hound. She is the largest of our four dogs. She is very clumsy so we will have to be very careful when the new pup gets here and make sure she doesn't have the chance to step on her.

Talitha..good morning little mama. ((hugzz)) I'm with you on the chiropractor. I'm so bad I call them back quackers but my mom and husband both have had some great results from treatments in the past. And I have to admit as a teenager I had a problem and it was corrected after one visit.

Toni...howdy lady. The weather warmed up after just one day. It was close to 70 yesterday and should be that nice again today. Praying that things continue to get better at your husbands job.

Thin....I love stir fry. Any leftovers?....LOL

Gator....how neat you can sew. That is one thing that I haven't been able to pick up yet. Your shirt sounds like it's going to be so pretty.

Go Teensy you are doing it!!!!!!!!! Awesome day 5!! Good job.

(((((Everybody))))) the family is coming alive so I have to get and start breakfast.

Love and hugs,
Crystle
Old 01-19-2006, 10:54 AM   #100  

Munch: A couple of years back I found a small crock pot for like one or two people... Knowing me I found it at Wal-Mart but I am not sure. I got it for my aunt who lives alone and she loves it. Hope that helps. I have been trying to find Steel Cut Oats for a while now but have not had any success. Will keep trying.

menu from yesterday:
B: Cearal (Uncle Sams Wheat and Flax) & 1/2 grapefruit
S: 1/2 Grapefruit
L: Turkey sandwich - WW bread with slice of cheese, let, tom and mustard & yogurt & raw Veggies (Cucumber and radishes)
D: Roasted herb chicken, Wild brown rice cooked in chicken broth, Broccoli casserole with Mushrooms and cheese - thru that together with whatever I could find in my fridge, came out really good!
S: SF-FF Pudding

I think I ate too much yesterday although I kept my portions way down I still felt like I ate too much... Maybe it was the pudding, I felt like I was cheating because it was really good

I will stop back later one... Have a happy day everyone!

Princess
Old 01-19-2006, 11:57 AM   #101  

Default Grrrrr!

the scale i use to weigh is BROKEN! I now must weigh on the digital at the YMCA, which is 5 pounds heavier, oh woe is me. I have changed my ticker to reflect what my original starting weight would have been had I been using this scale originally. I am pretty depressed about this, as i have been staring hard at the less than 200 mark, and now i am back to where I thought i started....
Old 01-19-2006, 12:30 PM   #102  
Maemae77536

Good afternoon all. Haven't been able to post this week but have been reading all the replies.

Princess- See if your supermarket carries Blue Bunny yougurt (its sugar free and yummy). Our Walmart carries it. Also Scharfenberger chocolate is a good choice if you get a craving.

Has anyone tried the SouthBeach lunchables? I was reading the info on it and sounds like something that would be legal for us.

Jovi
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Picture003[1].JPG (28.8 KB, 25 views)
Old 01-19-2006, 12:37 PM   #103  

Default On my lunch break!

Greetings!

Ok, I am on my lunch break so I was able to read back thru some of the posts that I had to kind of skim over this morning.

MJ: Weekends and sleeping in! I hear ya! You know though for some reason I get up at the same time or even earlier on weekends cause I want to get stuff done and putter around my house... love to putter and spend time working around the house But just being able to walk around in my PJ's with a cup of coffee and take my time is the best feeling in the world...

Talitha: Love the World Market, thanks so much for jogging my memory. I had forgotten all about that place. It is up in the Carmel area of Indy, about a 20 minute drive for me so I don't always think about it when I need something.

Teensy: Love my dogs and am so glad that you find comfort in yours also. They are real caracters and can be so fun to spend time with. If they had their way we would be out and about walking around the neighborhood all the time but I am not that motivated and generally only walk them on weekends during this time of the year... spring and summer we all get out more often. thanks for the squash info...

Thin: I think I missed your bean dip recipe... would you be willing to post it again?

Gator: Braces... boy I remember them, I wore them twice and both times as an adult... they really can chew up the inside of your mouth... how about wax? Did they give you any of that? The blouse sounds great! I love to sew but am not that great at it so I kind of limit myself to things with a straight line.

BOB: Crazy weather even in Florida, kind of makes you wonder... We have not had a very cold winter up here at all this year, it is 49 today and expected to be that for the rest of the week. Crazy!

Rosanne: What a wondeful mom you are to do the heart shaped pasta and such, your kids are very blessed to have you

Country: Love the picture of your bloodhound, he is just too cute. So you are getting a puppy!!! What kind and when is it expected? Love puppies!

Cindy: I love to read also... my favorite hobby really. I just finished two really good books - Good Harbor by Anita Diamanti and A Painted House by Grisham - both were page turners and over all a very good read.

Fillise: thanks for the recomendation on the bacon. I am pretty sure we carry Gwatney so I will look for it this weekend.

Monet: Thanks for the answer to the peas and squash question and the yogurt recomendation! Hope all gets better with your Daughter... kids! they can be so trying at times

Toni: I understand about the fear of your husband and his employment, that is one of my worst nightmares... My prayers are with you...

Solly: Way to go on the brownies! That is one of my biggest weaknesses and I am not sure I could have been as strong as you were!

Jailene: Scale can be our best friends and our worst enemies! Just had to replace mine... I was using the Y's also and did not like what is said so I headed to Wal-Mart to find one that would tell me what I wanted to hear...LOL

Hope I did not forget anyone...
Will check back later on.
Princess
Old 01-19-2006, 12:49 PM   #104  

Default Thanks Maemae!

Maemae,

We must have been posting at the same time... lol

Thanks for the suggestions, I will be out this weekend and will look for the chocolate and the Blue Bunny Yogurt. I know our stores carry the ice cream but I am will have to look and see about the yogurt.

Have a great day!
Princess
Old 01-19-2006, 12:55 PM   #105  

Good morning.....

Got my exercise in and am feeling great. It is trying to snow again today. I am hoping that I can take Buddy up the hill again today, even if we don't go the full two miles. He loves to walk with me, and I think it is just as good for him as it is for me.

B-- 1/2 grapefruit, Lite 85 yogurt

snack--apple

L-- Ham sandwich with lettuce, tomato and cheese, and mustard.

snack--orange

D-- Grilled chicken breast, with broccoli, 15 cherries.

Okay-- this is what I am planning.....I haven't even eaten breakfast yet....better get in there and get it done.

Monet-- I will look for that next time I am in town. Would Costco have it?? If not, where would be a good place to find it??

MJ--Another day down, and one more to go......we are doing great, aren't we??

Country-- I told my dh if I could have my pick of dogs, it would be a bloodhound. I love the hounds. We have had 2 bassethounds, and they are the most affectionate dogs, and they just love people. They would do anything to please. It was really funny, when one would get to baying, the other one would join it. Bet my neighbors didn't like my dogs soooo much, lol. My Grandmother tried to teach us how to knit years ago, but I couldn't sit still long enough. Maybe I should try it again, so when I am just sitting in the last afternoon watching the boob tube, I could keep my hands busy!

Princess-- Love the photo.......you are gorgeous!!

MaeMae-- Love your photo too, we have such hotties on this board!!

See you all later......
Closed Thread