3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Sugar Shakers (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/sugar-shakers-62/)
-   -   Sugar Busters Weekly Support Board 7/9-7/15 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/sugar-shakers/7206-sugar-busters-weekly-support-board-7-9-7-15-a.html)

SolShine 07-10-2001 10:18 AM

Howdy All!

Just a quick hit n run as I'm quite busy at work these days. Not complaining since that's job security! Thank you for all the kind words of support! I haven't totally caught up on the posts, but will as soon as I can.

To answer a few questions:

My thyroid is fine. I do have PCOS, borderline high blood pressure, high c-peptides (insulin) levels, but my blood sugar is normal - so I'm being treated with Glucophage trying to help off-set my chances of developing Type 2 Diabetes, my cholesterol is through the roof and I'm taking Zocor for that. (Had blood work taken again on Saturday and am waiting for results from that to come back)

I GAINED 2 pounds on the Cabbage Soup Diet (TWICE IN A ROW) - anyone remember that diet? Anyway, I absolutely DID NOT CHEAT on that thing and GAINED weight. Vince was flabbergasted as he saw everything I put in my mouth. Something is definitely wrong with my metabolism, body or something. That's why I have ended up in the Dr.'s office and that's why I'm trying anything and everything I can to get some of this weight off. (BOB, I started them on Sunday.)

I may be defensive and overly sensitive at this point, but I felt like a few comments insinuated that I wasn't doing everything I could. I drink a gallon of water a day at least 5 days out of the week (week-ends I drink a lot, but usually don't make it to a gallon). I am VERY faithful to SB plan (and always have been on whichever diet I was trying). I track my food VERY closely and even more so since using fitday. My intake averages 19% fat, 30-40% carbs, 30-40% protein. (Usually higher on the protein side) I have been walking and/or doing weights consistently 3-5 days/week (usually 4 days) for the past 4 years. Recently I have upped the intensity of these work-outs and will be going up to 6 days/week starting this week.

My calories have gone up and down as I have tried every suggested calorie level. I started at 1300/day went to 1200 to 1100 per day each for 2 weeks and was not losing. So then I tried just eating what I felt I needed to eat to keep from getting hungry and was averaging 1600 - 1700 calories per day, but fluctuated between 1700 one day and 800 the next skipping dinner if there wasn't anything convenient, SB friendly or b/c of working late. Realized I needed to be more consistent across the board with my calories and tried 1900/day at a suggestion. I lost a little, even though it was VERY hard to eat that many calories in a day. Now, my Dr. has told me to go to 1600 calories/day.

I'm very open to suggestions and have always tried whatever someone has recommended (within reason, of course), and when I do, I give it 100% effort. I'm by no means perfect, but I think that you don't have to be "perfect" to get results and I do pretty darn good. I don't cheat - I don't eat things I know I shouldn't eat and the things I do eat that might not be the best are by no means "forbidden" - (example: the acorn and butternut squash - I just didn't realize they might not be the best.)

Sorry for the long post.

FILLISE - You're in my thoughts and prayers today! Here's to waiting for good news about your recovery! Happy Anniversary, too!!

:wave: to everyone else!!

Rosalie 07-10-2001 10:36 AM

GOOD MORNING

Annie - Yes, I have heard of Michel Montignac. I started with his book before I ever heard of Sugar Busters. The SB authors basically copied his ideas. There a few items on the FOOD INFORMATION BOARD which have been copied from his book. I switched to SB mainly because of the support boards. I have a copy of his book 'RECIPES AND MENUS' which I have just started using again to get some ideas. My weight has been at a standstill for a while and I need to do something to get it moving again.

Ralynne - Glad to hear the clothes are getting loser. That's a good sign even if the weight stays the same. Have a good time at the park.

Lara - I hope you enjoy doing Tai Chi. I did it for several years and found it very calming and relaxing. I still do it occasionally.

Lamap - Sorry to hear you were hurting so much after doing your new video. It sounds like you started off doing too much. Perhaps you could start by doing just a few minutes of the tape and increase the time gradually. Also are you warming up before starting the exercises. This is important if you are doing strenuous exercises. Hope you are feeling better soon.

Sparkle - Glad to hear you got to talk to the gal at the gym. Thinking about doing things we are unsure of is always harder than actually doing them. Hope you can find someone to accompany you on the bike trip around the island. That sounds awesome.

Frog - Congrats on the 9 Minute Mile.

Deb, Nance & SolShine- Hi. I haven't read your posts yet, will have to get back to them later. I just 'refreshed' and saw them after I had finished typing.

Gotta run. Have lots to do and have to work this afternoon.

Marie :wave:

Fillise 07-10-2001 11:19 AM

Good Tuesday Morning!

Good Morning Everyone!

First I want to thank everyone for their support with regard to the knee surgery today. I have to be at the hospital by 12:30 this afternoon. I don’t know what time they will actually take me in, but the surgery should only take about 30 minutes (othroscopic (sp)knee surgery). I should be back home sometime late this afternoon.

More importantly for me, however, is the fact that today marks one full year of SugarBusting! This time last year I had no idea what would come from changing my nutritional habits. The biggest difference is that in the last year I have lost 59 pounds and 10 inches from my hips! I’ve literally been watching myself shrink over the last year. I have 91 more pounds to go, but I’m not really worried about how quickly I lose the weight. As long as the scale continues to go down, slow and steady is fine with me (OK, to be totally honest, I would love to break 200 by Christmas–but if I’m not quite there it won’t be a failure).

What have I learned in the last year?

The first lesson is that change is possible if you are committed to it. The first week I was on Sugarbusters! I attended a church conference where they provided lunch and dinner for us. Mostly they provided starches–pastas, rices, and potatoes. One meal the only thing I could find to eat was an apple. I was nearly in tears most of the time because I was hungry and my body was detoxing and really fighting it. But I was committed. The level of my commitment surprised me most of all! I was the one who had given up on diets and resigned myself to always being heavy. Through the year my commitment has been stronger at times and weaker at others. I know that you have to be committed to making a major lifestyle change if this WOE is to be successful.

The second lesson is that change can be scary. I remember when I hit 30 pounds (10% of my starting body weight) I began to really notice the changes in my body. I especially began to notice that my face was changing. It was losing much of its roundness and the outlines of cheekbones were becoming visible for the first time in years. Then as I continued to lose weight I began to notice lines, wrinkles, and this awful skin beginning to crinkle and gather around my neck. I was losing weight a little faster than my skin was keeping up and that excess skin was scaring the life out of me! One of the very few benefits of weighing 300 pounds is that, at 42, my skin was smooth and line-free. After all, fat filled every place a wrinkle might want to form. This development threw me for a loop. I became scared of losing more weight–as if I had to make a choice between being wrinkled or being fat. Let me tell you, I thought long and hard about that proposition! I finally resolved it when I decided that when I finish losing weight–there are ways to deal with excess skin–and I plan to use every one of them if need be. In the meantime if anyone knows of any good firming cremes, please send recommendations my way!

The final lesson is that change can be wonderful! It has been a thrill to buy clothes in ever smaller sizes. It was such a surprise the first day I discovered I could cross my legs! How thrilling to get on an airplane and not have to ask for a seatbelt extender! The greatest benefit though, is that when you make positive changes in one part of your life, they can’t help but spill over to other parts as well. When this dream begins to become a reality, you begin to ask what other dreams can I make happen? Most of you know that I am starting my own consulting business. I wouldn’t have had the courage to do this without my year on SB! I have more energy to do the things I want to do.

So in the last year I’ve learned the good and the bad about change. How it is easy and hard all at the same time. How it is both scary and thrilling. In the end it is worth it. Learning this new WOE has made me healthier, more energetic, and smaller than I used to be. I also think it has made me a little bit wiser. I know it had made me richer with my new 3FC friends who provide so much wonderful encouragement, support, and humor. Y’all are really what helps when the commitment begins to waver. The future looks great and I am ready to embrace it!

Susan
300/241/150
July 10, 2000

Rosalie 07-10-2001 02:02 PM

Just a quickie

Debbie - I hope you can make it to Toronto next week and I would love to meet you. I am off work on the Thursday but I will be working the Friday day shift. The weekend I am off. Thanks for the invitation to the party. I'm not sure how I would be driving down there, I'm basically a local driver. But I would love to meet with you on the Thursday if it can be arranged. Maybe I could meet you at the airport.

Gotta run. Have to leave for work in a few minutes.

Marie.

THE BIG ORANGE BABE 07-10-2001 07:45 PM

EVENING EVERYBUDDY!!! :D

NASTY, RAINY, THUNDER, LIGHTENING....UCKY//////NIGHT here on the west coast of FLA!!! :mad:

SOL I want to start with you first. You scared me, and I flew back to my post to see if it was me...ALAS....no THANK GOODNESS...you know how my mouth can be some times!
Have you noticed anything yet? ANY ORANGE PUDDLES???? I still have 8 refills on my scritp. I wish it had worked on me, because I've seen some good results on people, but I just wasn't eating a high enough fat content for it to do anything...I even tried eating a high fat meal and didn't see anything..OH WELL.....GOOD LUCK and let me know how it
works for you.

FLY Here is something for you to try next time you want
some pancakes...

PECAN CHEESECAKE PANCAKES

2 eggs separated
1 tbs splenda
1/4 tsp cinnamon
2 oz cream cheese..softened
1/4 tsp vanilla
1/3 cup finely chopped pecans

Beat egg yolks and cream cheese until smooth. Add splenda, vanilla, cinnamon & pecans...stirring to mix thoroughly.
Beat egg whites until stiff but not dry. Gently fold egg whites into the cream cheese mixture.
You can fry the in butter or use your favortie spray but use a non-stick pan...cook till brown..Use your favorite SUGAR FREE SYRUP

NANCE GABBY HAYES is the crotchety old man with the scruffy beard and squinty eyes who wore an old beat up hat and HAD NO TEETH! He was in all the ROY ROGERS things, and some GENE AUTREY...You would definately know him if you saw him.
He was usually with ANDY DEVINE in the ROY ROGERS shows.
You tell DAN if he's MAN ENOUGH to put up with the nonsense that will probably go on......TO COME ON DOWN!!!! He wouldn't be able to stand it in the FARTAY room...We might have to bannish DEB to that room by herself if she has the wrong things to eat!

FROGGIE Pitching the tent in front of the hotel sounds like a great idea...they would definately know THIS BUNCH HAS ARRIVED!!!

DEB OH MY GAWD!!! You've just knocked the BIG ORANGE FAN on BB!!! But you're right...he does kinda look like Morton Downey Jr...
Tell Sharon I'm thinking about her...IN HER COMPUTER???? MY GAWD...BET HE THINKS BOB IS A MAN!!!

I hope none of you are listening to Debbie when she describes her body! I wish every one of you could meet her...She sure doesn't look anything like she says she does!

FILLESE I know you're probably home by now...and I hope they gave you some good drugs...you've got to be hurting like the devil! Hope you sleep thru the night with no problems..take advantage...it's always good to have MOM around at times like this!

RALYNN I'm on a summer veggie kick too...cucs w/feta topped with olive oil dressing, tomatoe, nectarines and black plums...ham and swiss rollups and pita...YUMMMMMM I've had that both yesterday and today for lunch...It's SOOOOOOO hard to find good tomatoes in FLA and when you do, you have to scoop them up and eat them while you can get them.
GOOD GIRL on the no JUNK FOOD.... :smug:

CHRIS It's understandable that you wouldn't grasp O BROTHER....a TRUE southerner will pick up on it a lot quicker than someone who has never delt with THE OLD SOUTH and their
practices....We are a quirky bunch...

LARA Glad you've gotten yourself back on program..I'm just about there...what's scarey is that DEB wants me to come down to Miami and I just know she's gonna lock me in that fourth bedroom!! ...I just know that's why she has cleaned it out! Then she can feed me only what I'm supposed to have...Might not be a bad idea...I think I'll take the wagon...I might have to pick up a few people along the way....KAREN get that KROGER bag packed...I'll honk when I get out front...!!

LAURIE Sorry you can't join us in VEGAS...but like DEB says..definately try to make our next FLA outing..

I sure do hope I haven't missed anyone...I'm off to lurk...I'll see everyone in chat later...

BOB

GatorGal 07-10-2001 08:04 PM

IDBlond--I’m not Roman Catholic, but I would recommend any studies by Beth Moore, which you can find in a good Christian bookstore. These would be for a group study, and there are tapes and workbooks. If you want a study for just yourself, a GREAT one is “Experiencing God” which you can also get in the same bookstore.

Sparkle--Good work on the weights! I just moved up on ALL my weights, all in one session. I do 184 per leg on the leg press, v--e--r--y slowly for one set of 12 to 15. When I get up to 15 reps then I up the weight. I do a back machine at about 135# and then crunches with weight on a machine, slowly at 44 pounds for 15 reps with one or two reps holding for a count of 10. Then leg extensions at 74 pounds for one set. All the rest is upper body, arms, with pull overs and bench presses and triceps work, all with 10# per arm free weights. All these also v-e-r-y slowly (to a 7 to 10 count on the positive and a 5 count on the negative) for one set to failure or to 15 reps. The slower I do a rep the harder it is, and it is hard to resist just jerking those weights fast just to get through it!

Fillise--I had knee surgery several years ago--arthroscopic. I was working out with the weights then and so had prepared my leg to be strong. Within 6 weeks after surgery we hiked up a mountain in Tenn. The major thing I learned from that surgery is that ICE is GOOD. For the first 3 days I did little else than lay on my couch with my leg propped up on the back of the couch with an ice pack on the knee. Even at night. I think it really helped with the recovery.

SolShine--Hang in there girl. You are doing great. You just have a very special body that takes a little bit more time to “get with it.” I know that you are working hard, and will vouch for that on this board, because I have seen you there working out! Listen up, everyone, SolShine is doing her darndest to work hard!!! We all are just different and lose at different rates. I know it is not fair, Sol, but you will have a better opportunity to develop perseverance than some of the rest of us. Hang in there.

Well, I’m gonna go. It is 8 pm and I haven’t had dinner yet and have to eat 225 more calories today. So I think I’ll fix a meat sandwich. Take care.

THE BIG ORANGE BABE 07-10-2001 08:26 PM

GATOR It was that MOUNTAIN in

TENNESSEE that made your leg strong!

heh heh heh heh!!!! :s:

ROSALIE & AnnieA Sorry I missed you two on the last post.

BOB

Debelli 07-10-2001 09:04 PM

Evening Everyone!:wave:

We just got home from running around this afternoon trying to get some stuff for Lauren for camp-I'm really dragging my butt on the ground! I actually found a great silk top for myself in the process of running through the mall. I tried the same shirt on twice since one seemed to be cut a bit funky at the bottom and noticed one had been marked down to $19.98-the other one was marked $14.98 and was better cut, so of course, I took that one to the register. She rings it up, and says it's marked down to $9.98 and it's 50% off of that! I thought it was 25% off of $14.98 which would of still been a great deal, but $4.98 was even better!!!!!!!!!!!:D I LOVE A GOOD BARGIN!!! Esp. when it's a better bargin than I even thought it was in the first place!!!

At this moment, it does seem as if we are headed for CANADA next Thursday morning-I pray nothing blows up that makes us not be able to go-and that we are able to get on the flight (going stand-by). We plan to stay with Eli's sister Nadine until Sunday morning and then fly over to Calgary and go to the EDMONTON MALL (largest mall in the world) and shop til I drop! We should leave there on Wednesday to be home Wednesday night. Hope we make it through Chicago without any trouble - anyone in the Chicago area??????????? I will be busy looking for rooms there, and most likely a car to rent-so much to do in such little time.

NANCE, I got your card today-you are so talented! I wish everyone could see how artistic you are-any way to post some of your work?? Did you write my name and address freehand???? You definitely have a job if I ever get around to doing that book!!!!! You have no idea how you brighten my day with such a simple act of kindness!! {{{HUGS}}}:angel: I have to laugh, Eli won't be anywhere near the PARTAY or FARTAY ROOMS, he'll be between the video poker and the roulette tables!!!! Hopefully, Dan likes one of the two!! I know a trip to TJ's won't be as exciting as it will be for me & BOB (esp BOB since she's never been), but I think you'll get excited when you see how the two of us can SHOP!!!! LOL! We weren't talking about hair and chunking, we were talking about FAT!!:lol: Haven't made a decision about the hair yet-I'll see if I can find a picture close to the one I chose in Mode. Hey, the role of film is ALMOST done, have about 8 more to go I think-definitely, the end of the month-will be on role #2 after going to Canada!!! Michael's first and second day of school went well, he had a quiz already-aced it. Lauren, just trying to get ready for camp and driving me nuts! How's Faris doing-I bet that cast will be fully signed soon by all his ladies! What's Nadia up to these days????? Who's going to watch the kids when you come to Vegas?? My kids are dying to go-I keep telling them...one day, one day!

SOL, the Cabbage Soup Diet is one I never tried, don't like cabbage and it makes you fart anyhow, and I do that enough without any help! I think you are doing what you can, best you can. I always say, there is NO diet out there that works for everyone-if there were, there would be one very rich person out there. Many people do well on on WW, I've done it on and off for years since I was 12yrs old and it NEVER worked after a few weeks for me, and I sure did try my best. I know how discouraging it can be. I think we all get discouraged along the way when things don't go the way we think or hope they should. I see where so many people have lost the same amount of weight as I have in a 1/4 of the time period it's taken me. Yes, I am envious and yes, I wish I too could of lost it faster than it's taken me, but then I realize how different we all are and how each of our bodies are different and react differently to different things. I guess what I am saying is I do believe, in time, all your hard work and effort WILL be rewarded! Maybe the few things you are facing medically that I don't or that someone else doesn't have to deal with, makes you lose slower. BUT, we also have to think about how you feel, both psychically as well as mentally, and again, you do what YOU feel is right for you and what makes you feel comfortable. Whatever or however you do it, we're right there to help you along the way!!!!

FILLISE, hoping to hear from your soon to know how everything went today with the surgery and how you are feeling. Thank you soooo much for sharing your feelings about this past year on SB. I loved reading how you've changed and what you've learned. Boy, can I relate to knowing how you feel about the wrinkles in the neck!!!! That will be the first thing I want to do when I hit the big 4-0! Hey, if you find that firming creme in extra duty double strength, just let me know!!

ROSALIE, so far, it's looking good! We are flying standby, so I'm hoping whatever flight we take up to Toronto, we get on it. I haven't a clue on the flights or times as of yet, Eli's sister is going to get all the information, though I am going to try and see what I can find on the internet as far as schedules go. We will be flying AMERICAN. Meeting at the airport would be fine with me-is it close to your home??? Eli's other sister may come in from Montreal by train, not sure yet-and maybe if she comes after us, we will have some time to kill in between-again, things are a bit up in the air, but I will keep you posted as things progress. Would love for you to come to her house for a longer visit-but I know it's about an hour away from the airport. I just can't imagine coming to Toronto and not being able to meet you-so this is a definite MUST!!! Now, secondly, can I bring you ANYTHING from here-like agave nectar?? Just let me know!!!!

BOB, have you yourself actually made those pancakes, and if so, how were they? They sound yummy! There's no flour in them????? Hey girl, I don't lie about the body, though I wish I could!!! It's just as described-if I sold my body on Ebay, no one could ever say I didn't put the exact description-don't you worry, I'll show you a thigh and an arm-you'll see!!!!!! Sorry, no boob shows-that's for Eli's and the mammogram lady and my Dr. only-hey, it's bad enough they have to look at them!!LOL!!!

Well, it's almost time for chat, again, here's the link to our SB CHAT ROOM

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/sbchat.php

I wish you all GOOD LUCK tomorrow for WIW!!!!

Toodles!

Debbie
194/127/129
SB since 3/22/00
Reached goal 6/10/01

THE BIG ORANGE BABE 07-10-2001 09:42 PM

I COULDN'T GET INTO THE CHAT ROOM!!! :mad:

I waited and I waited and I waited.....hmpf!

Deb...are you talking about THIS THURSDAY????

NANCE....yes,....you will be amazed when you see Deb and I in a store...it's quite comical...but we do get the job done! I did read today on the TJ's site that the store in Vegas is not as large as the other stores...but does have a good stock...just as long as I can fill up a box of "non perishables" to mail home...I don't give a rat's patooty how big or little the store is....

Sorry I missed everyone tonight...remember tomorrow is WIW

KEEP THOSE ARMS AND LEGS CROSSED FOR BOB WHEN SHE STEPS ON THE SCALE!!!!

Debelli 07-11-2001 06:42 AM

IT'S WEIGH IN WEDNESDAY TODAY!!!!!

You can post your WIW information to share with us all right here on the main board and you can also post it over on the WEEKLY WEIGH IN BOARD- the link is provided below:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/sho...p?threadid=7195

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!

ldblond 07-11-2001 09:28 AM

WIW didn't have me back down at my low as I had hoped, I'm still holding on to my 2 extra lbs. at 157. I know this has been my TOM and I have eaten more carbs than normal...time to sinch up the belt some more. Even though I'm comfortable at 155 I really think being focused on 150 is still in the back of my head. Would I fit into my clothes just that much better or if I gained a couple lbs. at least I wouldn't be near the old 160 marker...anyone else have thoughts like these after they thought they were at goal? Is this what you struggle with Deb?

I caught up on everyone's posts from the beginning of the week. Hello to everyone and nice to see so many new faces. I probably won't get a chance to address everyone, but know I'm thinking about ALL of you. As for the October Vegas plans, I unfortunately do not think it's in the stars for me. I have another surgery in August where I may miss 2 weeks of work and another in Oct or Nov. With this much time off, I just can't ask for more, I really, really wish I could as I would love to meet with you. As for the round robin idea it sounds inviting, if I understand it correctly we would call 1 new person a month? Please let me know.

Debelli: What a wonderful treat to meet Ann. She's such a delight here on the board. Thanks for the information on low gi cereals, it looks like I can expand my variety a little, once I've eaten the 2 boxes of Extra All Bran in the cupboard. I've also found the when craving crackers I eat dried sfww shredded wheat minis. It kind of tastes like Triscuts with out the salt and a 1/2 cup is like 10 or more mini crackers. (A late Tuesday tip, I guess). By the way, good job on getting out there and walking, especially when you really didn't want to.

Fly: Have you tried ww sourdough french toast with vanilla, cinnnamon, and nutmeg. You can use a dab of Agave for syrup or just butter, they're fantastic. Also, buckwheat pancakes are yummy too.

All of these vacations or summer adventures sound wonderful. I'm going to take my vacation via all of your experiences as I won't be taking one this year.

Gatorgal: I connected right away with what you said about getting used to being off line. With all that has been going on I find a built a pattern of not checking in, for all you newbies this a BAD HABIT, even as we get close or reach our goals, I firmly believe we need each other and the friendships that have been formed are worth every letter typed. Thank you for the information on bible study, I will certainly look into "Experiencing God"

Sparklescamp: Your bike ride around Oahu sounds like an incredible experience. Go for it! Your determination to be a better person, stronger, healthier, thinner, your achieving it all, pat yourself on the back.

Nance: I really need to connect with your Mom or ask her for some and advice on books and studies. Call or email me, I really would like to know how everything is going. How's your son doing? I really want to find a time for us all to get together and meet, and to see your house so I can help describe the major transformation it's going to go under.

SOL: Your strength and determination make you successful. I will pray for you that your Dr. can help in finding a way to make your metabolism rev up.

Rosalie: I started meditation last night and with practice I think this form of relaxation will help me find my center and teach me ways to be focused all day long.

Fillise: I've had orthoscopic surgery on both knees and was up and going within a few days. I hope you are resting comfortably and heal quickly. Thanks for sharing your look back at your 1st year on SB. You have grown so much, your honesty and determination are such an inspiration!

BOB: Your pancakes sound delightful! I've already printed the recipe. I only wish I could join the 3 (or more) of you in Vegas, but I think it's a no can do. Nance is going to have to tell me everything!

Debelli 07-11-2001 10:02 AM

Hey Everyone:wave:

Well, I was going to take the morning off form walking, figured it was hump day, good day to take off since I weigh in before I walk anyhow-but I really felt good today and decided to save not going for a day that I didn't feel too hot, or that the weather wasn't going to let me go walk-so off I went for my usual 4.5 miles in 54:38:) I even broke in my new sneakers and faired pretty darn well with them too-just one tiny little blister - a first for me!!! Until I break in new ones, I don't realize how bad the old ones where bothering my feet.

Another first-A NEW LOW!!! I'm at 125.5 this morning-a big surprise to me because TOM is due today or tomorrow and I was sure the scale was going to be up this WIW! Happily, I was wrong! So that gives me a 1.5lb loss from last week and puts me 1.5lbs away from my cushion:)

Only a few of us at Chat last night-where was everyone-only FILLISE had a good excuse!!!!

I just wrote a whole paragraph about this trip and wouldn't you know it, I HAD to delete it after Eli's sister called. He said when she called last night that she mentioned her husband wasn't too happy that we were coming while he was going to be out of town ( I personally wanted to go when he was gone, I don't care for him at all and don't pretend to like him, it's just a personal feeling I have). Anyhow, she calls this morning and sounds so down, so I just told her that Eli felt he (her husband) wasn't happy and she said that he wanted her to make it when he'd be home - so that sure threw a larger monkey wrench into the fire! I'm only made because I told ROSALIE that I would be there before and here I am saying it will be another time - ROSALIE, I am so sorry, I promise, this is NOT how I want it to be! That to me was the most exciting part of coming to Toronto, was to meet you! NOW, our next dilema-the ticket prices are now higher to go to Edmonton-not worth it at all. And Eli made his vacation a few days earlier than we had thought, now what? He's going to be peeved when I call him at work about this! Where to go??? What to do now??? I'm at a loss!!!!:mad: :?: HELP!!!!!!!!!!:(

BOB, what did I say about Thursday??? I can't remember!!!

LDBLOND, I would try to go the other 5lbs as a cushion, but don't put any time frames or conditions on it, if it happens, it happens. Don't worry about still being up, esp if it's that TOM, I can go up 4-5lbs, which I'll probably see sometime real soon! Wish you could join us in Vegas, but of course, we understand the situation:) Yes, you have the RR idea correct-e-mail me your phone number if you want to join in to do it!

Okay, lots to do with Lauren today-so I'll check in with you all sometime later today.

Please remember, TOMORROW IS RECIPE DAY so if you have any good recipes you'd like to share with the board that are SB LEGAL, please, try to post them tomorrow!

Toodles!

Debbie
194/125.5/129
SB since 3/22/00
Reached goal 6/10/01

Rosalie 07-11-2001 10:45 AM

Good morning all

Down 2 pounds this week to 202 :D - that's still 2 pounds up from pre-holiday. Just can't wait to get below that 200 mark.

Ldblond - I also snack on Spoonsize Shredded Wheat and Bran occasionally. I have stopped buying Triscuits as once I start on them I can't keep my hand out of the box! Although I was buying a generic brand that came with or without the salt. Glad you are starting to get 'focussed' with the meditation. I am sure you will enjoy doing Tai Chi once you get into it.

Sol - I admire your determination and hard work. I know how hard it is doing everything right without the results you desire but I am sure things will turn around for you eventually. There has to be something that can make it happen. I hope the new medications help.

Fillise -Thanks for sharing your thoughts on one year of Sugar Busting. You are an inspiration to us all. Hope things went well with the surgery and you are not in too much pain.

Deb - Congrats on the new low to-day. Is that the first time you have had a loss during TOM week? That was quite a bargain you got with the blouse. I just love bargains like that. Sorry to hear that you won't be coming to Toronto next week. I am sure you must be very disappointed as I am too. :cry: Missing Edmonton too. Hope you can make it another time. I was looking forward to meeting you. I live about 45 minutes from the airport so it would have been no trouble getting there to meet you.

Have to go and do some bike riding. I'm hoping to soon have a REAL bike so I can get outside and ride while the weather is good.

Bye for now.
Marie :wave:

KristaAB369 07-11-2001 11:25 AM

Sorry it's been so long!

Well, Fourth of July went well. Thank you SO much to everyone for your suggestions and encouragements!! I did a GREAT job staying away from that sugar-free bakery and really stuck with the program this week. Here's this week weigh in stats:

Start 253.5/last week 248/this week 244.5!!/ goal 150-170

SO pround to be down a whole 3.5!!!!!!! That's my biggest weekly weight loss yet!

I'm flying out to New YorK tomorrow morning to spend 6 days with a friend. I'm a little worried about how the eating will go while I'm away, we'll be eating out a lot and visiting with their family and friends around meals. I'll just do my best I guess. I can't really take my own food. Wish I would've posted this a few days ago so I could get everyone's suggestions, I'm still such a newbie to this program! But this is the last time I'll be on the puter before I head out. Anyway, I'll just do the best I can and let you all know how it goes! I'm so encouraged by my weight loss this week that I'm all psyched to do really well this week, despite the obvious challenges.

Have a great week all and I'll post when I get home!

Krista

SparkleScamp 07-11-2001 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by SolShine

I may be defensive and overly sensitive at this point, but I felt like a few comments insinuated that I wasn't doing everything I could. <skip> I'm very open to suggestions and have always tried whatever someone has recommended (within reason, of course), and when I do, I give it 100% effort. I'm by no means perfect, but I think that you don't have to be "perfect" to get results and I do pretty darn good. I don't cheat - I don't eat things I know I shouldn't eat and the things I do eat that might not be the best are by no means "forbidden" - (example: the acorn and butternut squash - I just didn't realize they might not be the best.)
SolShine....(((hugs)))) I'm sorry I haven't answered this earlier. I think *I* probably made some comments like that earlier to you too, I didn't really have any concept of PCOS until Kai (on the other board) posted about her experience. It's just that when I see somebody, especially somebody I like, trying so hard and not getting results, the first thing my mind does is try to come up with "solutions." Because your frustration is my frustration. I'm sure that others here probably think the same way and they are just trying to be "helpful." I hope that helps shed some light on things.

So if I did ever say anything like that I'm really sorry.....it's so true isn't it? That if somebody isn't losing weight, even though there may be another reason, we still think at the back of our brains that there MUST be something missing--she MUST not be counting up her calories correctly or working it hard enough at the gym. Very automatic and human.

I don't know what to say about your struggles. You are getting good medical care, not to mention doing everything in your power to resolve this situation, and I hope that you and your doctor find an answer soon. Most of all you don't let this get in the way of your sunny and wonderful personality! I really admire your focus and your great attitude.

Okay, really gotta run! The treadmill is calling my name!

Love,

Chris