Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

Closed Thread

Old 10-21-2005, 06:35 AM   #61  
BIG ORANGE FOOTBALL RULES

MORNING ALL YOU BUSTING BUDDYS!!!

Notice the time??? I've been up all night with my cough..the medicine that my DOC gave me just isn't doing the trick! MUSINEX (sp?) Already called the new Boss to let him know that I won't be in today as I wouldn't be productive at all!

We just got the word that we're already getting some feeder bands off the storm! But they are still projecting landfall at NAPLES...Don't you know my Brother is glad right about now that his name isn't on that house in Naples (divorce )

HEARD FROM DEB THIS MORNING! so, I'll pass along her Friday Funny!

IF BIG BREASTED WOMEN WORK AT HOOTERS, THEN WHERE DO ONE LEGGED WOMEN WORK???

GIVE UP????

SCROLL ON DOWN

I HOP!!!

TALITHA I sent you a PM with the address to my smilies...There is something for everything!

TECH...I watched that show when it was on, and was so disapointed when they cancelled it! Yes, we have someone like that in our office..today is her last day She's going ove to the COUNTY and work in the TAG OFFICE...BUT
YA'LL KNOW ME....I DO GET HER ON IT EVERYTIME SHE INTERUPTS ME! AND NO, I DON'T THINK IT'S RUDE ON MY PART..

SUSAN.... one of the projections this morning is for the to come straight to your Mom and Dad's direction

OK, GATOR...WE'RE ON!!! THEY'RE EVEN TALKING ABOUT THE GAME ON THE WEATHER CHANNEL!!

MONET...ENJOY SUSAN AND TALITHA!!! MAYBE I'LL SWIM UP THE INTERSTATE AND GO WITH YOU!! I-75 IS ALREADY A PARKING LOT!! HAS BEEN SINCE YESTERDAY AFTERNOON SO, IF THE WATER STAYS DOWN, I'LL STILL HAVE TO SADDLE UP "OLE BLUE"

I'm off for now..I'll check in later! NATURE CALLS!!

BOB

Last edited by THE BIG ORANGE BABE; 10-21-2005 at 06:37 AM.
Old 10-21-2005, 07:06 AM   #62  
Addicted to potato salad!

BOB: And the women that work at IHOP are all named Eileen!!

Monet: I'll take yours and Bob's lead and be more politely aggressive. I was actually thinking of saying something to her like, "You know, I don't know what it is about me, but people are always interrupting me when I'm talking...why is that?"

Just got DD on the bus. It's pitch black outside, so there I stand...40 degree weather, in my bathrobe and coffee watching her as she gets on the bus. At least she passes three street lights on the way so it's at least lit up, but the sun is just now starting to turn the sky light-ish. BUT, the GREAT news is that I've gotten her grade averages in her four main classes and she's gotten an 83 average in science (which she needs to work on in comparison to the next grades), a 91 average in Social Studies and Math and a 95 in Lanuage Arts (used to be English Class). AND...she joined a club called FCCLA which stands for Family, Consumer, Community something or other and they do a bunch of community service-type things. Anyhow, they voted for officers of the group, President, etc....Shelley ran for Historian (which means she has to take pictures of all the events and make a scrapbook at the end of the year and help with a newsletter) and she WON!! The cool thing is that she is in the group with 6th, 7th, 8th and some 9th graders and she's only a 6th grader! AND, everyone but one person ran for Historian and my baby one!! I was so happy for her. It just seems so nice to see her adjusting so well to Junior High. No worries there anymore. And her math homework is so hard!! I remember doing that type of thing in high school, but she gets it, loud and clear. A few times she's bombed on a quiz or two and she's taken the initiative to stay after and work with the teacher to get help figuring it out. THAT's what I'm most proud of, I think. She's just awesome...

Okay...have to start thinking about getting my other awesome kid out of bed for preschool.
Old 10-21-2005, 07:35 AM   #63  

I Shall Seek and Find You.

I shall take you to bed and have my way with you.
I will make you ache, shake, and sweat until you moan and groan

I will make you beg for mercy, beg me to stop.
I will exhaust you to the point that you will be relieved when I
Finish with you and you will be weak for days.

All my love,

The Flu.

Now get your mind out of the gutter and go get a flu shot

OR ELSE!!
Old 10-21-2005, 08:08 AM   #64  

HEY TECH,

YOU BELLY RIGHT ON UP TO HER AND TELL HER "PARDON MOI" ( ) I WAS TALKING HERE! PLEASE WAIT UNTIL I'M FINISHED!! OR ELSE!!

BOB
Old 10-21-2005, 08:50 AM   #65  

Friday Funnies...

Okay, so what is the speed of dark?
If a cow laughs hard, does milk come out his nose?
If the #2 pencil is so popular, why is it still #2?
Why do we park on the driveway and drive on the parkway?
Isn't it a bit unnerving that doctors call what they do "practice"?
Wouldn't a fly with out wings be called a walk?
Why is the word abbreviation so long?
Why are they called "stands" when they are made for sitting?
Why are a "wise man" and a "wise guy" opposites?
Why do overlook and oversee mean opposite things?
hhmmmm.

Monet-I am only 5'1" and my husband is 5'7", so there's not a lot of height. I have been doing some research though and I think the concern may be that at his age they like to see a growth of at least two inches a year, and he hasn't had that the last couple of years, so Rachel has caught up with him. They are both almost 5' tall. Apparently they can "bump" you on into puberty. You don't grow any more than you would normally, but it just happens faster. He is 13.5 and has been asking " when am I going to grow?" I will need to do more reading to see how I feel about all this. I know he is feeling impatient that everyone else towers over him, even the girls and now even his "baby" sister has caught up to him . He is starting to get a complex about it, but we had not brought this up to the doctor who recommended the test, so we'll see what happens.

Have a great day!
Old 10-21-2005, 09:27 AM   #66  

Well, its Friday, but I am not going to do my volunteer stint at the church. In fact, I have been replaced, and they don't need me anymore. My replacement is a new copier that copies, staples, and folds the guides all by itself. All the admin will need to do now is send it from the computer to the copier, and maybe do an annoucement stuffing. I don't know whether to or

I need to run by the school and drop off my time sheet. I guess then I will work on cooking all the collards Ruth sent home with me yesterday. I just don't know what I am going to do now that I have my Fridays free...guess I will be meeting Talitha more often down at the market.

BOB: Oh MY! I thought you had flipped when I saw that funnie... must be the drugs, huh?

THIN: What can I do to convince you to read Mastering Leptin??? The problems with HGH are tied in with the metabolic syndrome that is also part of the leptin system. There is a chapter in the book on HGH...what tells the body to release it is ghrelin, which is released in the stomach. I think as a nurse, you will find the book very interesting. My husband has a degree in biochemistry and found it fascinating. He finished it, and has been preaching to me out of it now! I have a few more chapters to finish it, but they are on things like menopause, etc.

Ok, I am going to seek out some coffee and breakfast. I will be back later!
Old 10-21-2005, 01:40 PM   #67  

Okay, so I didn't say anything to the preschool teacher, I just sat and played with PlayDoh with Kyle and talked to a mom that is new in the area and isn't so popular. But I was ready!!

For breakfast I had more Life cereal and for snack I had some pepperoni and cheese and for lunch I'm having a blueberry protien shake. Oh...and I think there was a granola bar involved in there, too. I don't know what I'm having for dinner yet as DH is coming home from being away all week, so I may end up getting take out.

I have to leave soon to get my smart DD and take her to the doctor then we're going shopping at KOHL'S!! I also have to get some more green yarn for an afghan I'm crocheting for a preschool auction. I thought I had a lot leftover from my nephew's afghan, along with some cream and some grape colored from my niece's afghan. But, I ran out of the sage green and need a new skein. I was hoping it would be a freebee

I'm just having a ball dressing up my daughter for school this year. They styles are so cute...if you can get away from the 1" rise on the jeans. Gawd...I was trying on some really nice cords the other day and they had such nice colors, but that darn low rise....it goes right smack across the widest part of my body...which is my lower back and waistline. It just looks so wrong. I really don't look good with the pockets half on my legs

Anyhow...I'll check in with you guys later on...I'll be watching Wilma. Glad I don't live in Naples!! My mom and dad are in Arcadia, just north of Port Charolotte and lost their camper with Charley...my dad said that if they lose another camper, they're not going to Florida anymore. So, Gator and Bob...maybe there's a silver lining to the hurricanes!! They're chasing the snowbirds away!! They would have chased me away a loooooong time ago!! Scary stuff, hurricanes!!

Okay...off I go to warm up after my frozen smoothie...I think I'll need some tea now...

Kris
Old 10-21-2005, 01:54 PM   #68  

Oh...and Monet: I'm so sorry you've been replaced by a copier. Modern technology...it'll be the end of us all!! But I have to admit that when I was working as a secretary, it was wonderful to send your copy jobs straight from your computer and by the time you get to the copier, it's almost done printing...stapled and collated...3-hole-punch paper if you want...it was awesome!! I'm sure they'll find something else for you to do on Fridays at the church.

Okay...I"m really outta here...Kris
Old 10-21-2005, 08:20 PM   #69  

Happy Friday. Ok Im going to try my hardest to get caught up on the whole entire week of posts . Wish me luck ...
I had a great day today. My last day of my old postion ! Yeah. I start training classes Monday so Im sure Ill have a sore brain next week. lol
I got in another week of 6 days of exercise. I am back down to my lowest weight of 205. I am glad it didnt take me any longer to get off that vacation weight !

Frog- Your baby is just a doll !! Thanks for sharing her pic !
So sorry to hear about your former coworkers supervisors baby. That is so sad. I have said a prayer for the family.

Bob- How is that Uncle Sams Cereal? Good?

Susan- Hope your having fun in NC!

Thin- You sure have got some Halloween activities planned !

Tech- Great Pics.
I think the pics I posted were on last weeks thread. We went to Niagara Falls for a couple days oh and 1 day/night in Cleveland.
We have two dogs for just the reason you mentiond. They keep each other company when we arent home. Or well I think they do. Maybe they fight..who knows.
The thing you were saying about people interupting you? I totally relate . My dd and I were talking about this very thing a few weeks ago. She feels the same way. I have "always" had that problem. And it irks me to no end. I have no idea why that is. But just wanted you to know your not alone.

Monet- what is Vindaloo? Your meals always sound so exciting. I wish I had someone here like you to cook for me .

talitha- Good luck for your husband on the job interview. I know thats hard to weigh money or time. My dh is gone alot with his work..well he gets home most days but works 6 days a week and is gone about a hour after I get home from work and gets home after I leave for work so we dont see each other too much over those 6 days. Sometimes I wonder if the moneys worth it.

Gator- I agree with working in the yard in 95 degree weather. I got behind on things too. Now its too cold to go out there . Im hoping for one more kinda warm day so I can get a few things done.

Ok... I think I got through them all. Had to get up a few times and tend to one of my dogs who is being irratating at the moment.
I hope noone is in the path of this new storm and pray everyone who is stays safe.
Old 10-21-2005, 09:29 PM   #70  

Whew! What a day! I went up to Ellijay with my neighbor to get apples. While there, I succumbed to a hot apple pie... Then we stopped at Outback for dinner. I got the small steak, salad, and steamed veggies. I would have been perfect if I had just kept my hands off the bread! After that, we stopped at Wally world to get yarn and knitting needles for her 8 year old daughter...I was teaching her to knit on the trip up to the orchards, and back. She is a rather determined young lady...and got a good bit done. Much more than I did on the piece I was working on!

I got apples: Arkansas blacks, and Mutzo goldens, and a 1/2 peck of sweet potatoes to split with my neighbor. I also bought Tom a bottle of their pickled peaches...which looked really really good! He likes them for holidays because his grandmother had them.

THIN: I thought of you driving down 52W. We went to B J Reece orchards. They have apple pie, apple bread, apple cider, etc. Boy, it all looked so good!

CINDY: Vindaloo is an Indian dish. Its actually more from the north of India. Its very hot, and more pepper taste than curry. Its often made with pork, since the north area where it comes from is where the Christian groups are. I used a jar of Vindaloo paste I found at the market when I was with Talitha. I threw in some of my poblano peppers too, which are pretty hot when they are small and green. Good stuff! If you like hot stuff that is....

I need to go wash collards. I got a 10Qt pressure cooker for the church today, and I am going to use it some and make sure its not defective!

Old 10-22-2005, 04:18 PM   #71  
Little Engine That Could

I notice that CrazyQuilt posted her bio on our bio board. I have not seen her on this board. Hello CrazyQuilt, wherever you are. Maybe she is somewhere on the yellow brick road. Hope you are finding this w.o.eating to your liking and to your health.
Old 10-23-2005, 06:26 AM   #72  

it's and is just the start of what we're in for today..Don't ask me what I'm doing up this early....just woke up and here I am!!!!

My Brother is on his way as of yesterday afternon. Calling me all along the way for updates on the score of the game...I have to say, BAMA deserved to win! The was a nail biter with the ending score being BAMA 6 THE VOLS 3 For the rest of the story....

THEM DAWGS.....20 ARKANSAS .....23

:LSU...20 AUBURN.....17

GATOR....Did y'all not play yesterday? From the looks of it... NO ONE OF ANY IMPORTANCE MADE IT OFFTHE BUS!!! OOPS....SORRY MONET~!!

CINDY...I love UNCLE SAM'S..The fiber count is fantastic and it has flax seed in it. DON'T GET IT AT A HEALTH FOOD STORE....Check the grocery chain stores first..You will save yourself over $2 a box that way. WALMART SUPER STORES sells it for $1.79 a box! I don't get up there too often, so I'm paying about $2.50. Try it..you'll like it!

MONET...I didn't realize ANYONE knew where Elijay was...we used to have some family that lived there. Quaint little town...What are you going to do with all the apples you got? My suggestion would be FRIED PIES...OOPS...we can't have those can we? They sure would be good though! AND...OH...MY..GAWD...I haven't thought of PICKLED PEACHES in 30 yrs!

THIN...He'll hit a growth spurt one of these days and he'll end up taller than all of you!

I'm off for now GODFATHER II is on and I LOVE IT!!! Well...make that the whole series...I just love MOBSTER MOVIES!!!

Later

BOB

Last edited by THE BIG ORANGE BABE; 10-23-2005 at 06:34 AM.
Old 10-23-2005, 08:53 AM   #73  

Thanks Bob, I will look for it next time at Walmart. I need something different from the Kashi I eat.
Not much going on this weekend. We did a bunch of running around yesterday looking for somethings for my mom. Picked myself up a couple pairs of shoes while I was out too !
Speaking of shopping reminds me of a observation I made. When I was at my highest weight I was not a very daring shopper. I mean you should of seen my closest. I had the same type of pants..all of them just different colors. All pull up elastic waist. Blouses were the same way same types of styles , different colors, of course these were all dark blues, browns, blacks. Nothing to make me stand out. My shoes... I have tons of shoes but like my clothes they were grouped in groups of types but they are all the same.. tennis shoes4-5 pair- same brand and style, dress boots for winter- same brand/style different colors ( brown, black, navy blue) dress shoes for work- same/brand/style different colors ( same as above). Probably the most exciting thing I had was my slippers . Now there I had some color and way different styles!
But since losing weight I have gotton a bit more daring. I now have zipped pants ( not one pull up elastic waist pant in my closest !) everyone of them a different style of jean or slack. My blouses/shirts are all different styles also and lots of bright colors ( still have a few blacks...lol gotta love black) . Now the shoes .. Ok no bright colors there but Ive finally broke out of that rut and am trying styles I would of never wore before.
Last weekend I bagged of three garbage bags of clothes to go to the good will and while looking at some of the older clothes that are too big now I would come across a top or pant that at the time I wore it I thought I looked really good on me and when I saw it now I couldnt believe I ever thought that ! LOL. So funny how our opinions change about ourselves.
My one goal though someday still is to have some sleeveless tops in my closest. I dont have a one. I still hate my arms too much for that. Maybe someday.
Guess I better get busy around here. I slept later than normal today and its almost 8 am.
Have a great Sunday !

Last edited by Cindylcing; 10-23-2005 at 08:56 AM.
Old 10-23-2005, 12:29 PM   #74  

Good Morning! er, oops...Good afternoon! I slept late, and have been just chilling. I chatted with Laura's boyfriend while he waited for her to get ready to go to his cousin's wedding with him. She was in a bad mood, so I hope she gets over it. He is such a nice boy...and she gets so irritable...

Not much going on here. Yesterday, my neighbor and her daughter came over to draw for a while. I went to Harry's and was ticked that they were out of ww pie crusts! I wanted to get a bunch to make pies with, and now it looks like I may have to make my own! Horrors! I know my recipe is good, but gosh, the frozen ones are SO easy!

BOB: Um, I hate to break this to you, but you made a mistake there. Georgia did pull off the win against Arkansas, even though it was a lot closer than it should have been due to Shockley's injury. The Dawgs remain one of about five unbeaten teams in the country... but with Shockley possibly out against the handbags, who knows?

CINDY: I have a closet full of dark blues, and black. I used to love wearing colors, but since my surgery, I have gone almost totally with black. I think your clothing can be a reflection of your mood, and I think mine has not been too upbeat since the surgery.... The house on the other hand, is a riot of color. I have red sofas, with cobalt blue and bright yellow pillows, light blue walls, and a too bright yellow kitchen!

Ok, off to clean the kitchen! I cooked collards yesterday in the 10qt pressure cooker I bought for the church kitchen. I had to make sure it worked ok! The collards turned out yummy! I think I need a 10qt myself. My next experiment with it is to see how much rice I can cook in it at once!
Old 10-23-2005, 12:32 PM   #75  

TALITHA: If you read this, I got your message! Thanks! I will try and call Fillise today and see what she says. Would you be willing to meet at Harry's? It would be easy for me, if its Tuesday, and also very easy for Susan who will be coming down 85.
Closed Thread